As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Overwatch 6.0]Old Thread, Go to New Thread!

• BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    Blizzard is currently being DDoSd

taking this arg a little far

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    i'd like them to just say "fuck it" and call have her be a new tank

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I will personally punch tyrannus over and over if it will get Blizzard to put an end to fucking gimmick teams.

Alternatively, I am willing to allow tyrannus' tiny baby hands ineffectually flail at me if it achieves the same result.

• SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    "Sombra is a DPS Support Tank hybrid that heals team mates by doing damage to enemies in a nearby vicinity. Her primary weapon is a combination of Helix Rockets and Reapers shotguns, her shift makes the enemy teams screens black, e reverses their controls and her ultimate instantly freezes them in place until they die."

"Sombra is a combination of Genji and Mei."

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    I will personally punch tyrannus over and over if it will get Blizzard to put an end to fucking gimmick teams.

Alternatively, I am willing to allow tyrannus' tiny baby hands ineffectually flail at me if it achieves the same result.

i am much much stronger than u

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    hush wrote: »
    Boy, am I not at all excited to play with or against a stealth hero that removes character control. I really hope that you are 100% wrong.

that deploys something that doesnt actively shoot anything that a pubbie is never going to fucking touch.

For hacking, I could see an ability like Zeni's, it puts it on you (you might know its on you?) and if you use a skill, it steals it instead for her to use. Or when it fires off it will be as if an enemy fired it instead of yourself? Not sure that would be useful.

ult drains ult % of other heroes. I was going to say and gives it to nearby ones but that is just too powerful. maybe it drains herself to give to someone else?

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
    tyrannus wrote: »

i am much much stronger than u

So's a t-rex.

Still has tiny baby hands.

• UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    can i get that though

steam_sig.png
    I would have zero problem having to pay actual money for that.

• AtavisticAtavistic Registered User regular
    Re: Sombra, stealth is pretty much always gross. But a character who could negate other player's abilities in some way might be neat. Mainly because a character that could negate speed boost would open up the meta a lot. So bored with mandatory Lucio.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    My prediction for the next tank is deployable barriers.

Fencingsax on
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    My prediction for the next tank is deployable barriers.

Your prediction for the next tank is Winston?

• BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Winston's bubble is most often used to protect himself and I think there's room for a tank who drops several smaller barriers that last longer (in terms of time, not damage).

BionicPenguin on
  • Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    4%.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Still not down with stealth in OW

But a hacker character sounds cool.

• General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Winston's bubble is most often used to protect himself and I think there's room for a tank who drops several smaller barriers that last longer (in terms of time, not damage).

So gears of War guy who summons chest high walls?

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular

So gears of War guy who summons chest high walls?

He can hang out with Call of Duty man that's already in the game.

post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    "Sombra is a combination of Genji and Mei."

This is the most horrible thing. I would immediately quit the game forever. Then I would get myself a job at blizzard HQ and pull a Milton from Office Space.

Konphujun on
    Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    I get why people don't like stealth but I sort of hope she does have stealth just because I really like playing stealth characters. Maybe a sort of squishy rogue offense type, stealth and she can block or interrupt other players' abilities, does more damage from stealth but has low health and no real escape except surviving until they can stealth again (maybe a straight up cooldown, maybe it gets delayed by getting hit?) and the stealth shouldn't be perfect, so you can spot her (like a camouflage sort of thing)

I think something like that could be cool.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • WhittledownWhittledown Registered User regular
    I could not have timed this Charge better. Double bonus because I got to smish an annoying Mei.
    k8v2O5I.gif

DRCdHs6.jpg?1
  • Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    I am hoping that the Sombra ARG countdown leads to a video of the lovely Rick Astley singing "Never Gonna Give You Up"...

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
    edited August 2016
    I am hoping that the Sombra ARG countdown leads to a video of the lovely Rick Astley singing "Never Gonna Give You Up"...

I hope its a hero reveal for Sombra SET to Rick Astley's "Never Gunna Give You Up" and s/he's an Omnic thats in love with Bastion. S/he chases him around while he runs away from her advances.

Konphujun on
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    If she's stealth, I'm quitting Overwatch. That simple.

• zipidideezipididee Registered User regular

This really makes me want an overwatch cartoon.

*ching ching* Just my two cents
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Atavistic wrote: »
    Re: Sombra, stealth is pretty much always gross. But a character who could negate other player's abilities in some way might be neat. Mainly because a character that could negate speed boost would open up the meta a lot. So bored with mandatory Lucio.

If everyone goes invisible, Hanzo sonic arrows and widow ult could work

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    I don't see the big deal about stealth... There are only 6 people per team. Keeping an eye out for one stealther out of those isn't that hard, and not much different than Reaper or Genji sneaking behind enemy lines.

Zek wrote: »
    I don't see the big deal about stealth... There are only 6 people per team. Keeping an eye out for one stealther out of those isn't that hard, and not much different than Reaper or Genji sneaking behind enemy lines.

Stealth is a balance nightmare, without fail. Plus, keeping track of an invisible or semi-invisible enemy in the heat of a firefight is no small feat.

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Even with only 6 people on each team, there are already a billion things going on at all times, multiple pathways to check, ledges, drops, windows, and holes in the floor with surprise Phara's popping out of them. I don't need to be constantly watching for a stealth shimmer on top of all that.

Nova is the least fun hero to play against in Heroes of the Storm. Don't add that nonsense to Overwatch.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    All Stealth All The Time

liEt3nH.png
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Even with only 6 people on each team, there are already a billion things going on at all times, multiple pathways to check, ledges, drops, windows, and holes in the floor with surprise Phara's popping out of them. I don't need to be constantly watching for a stealth shimmer on top of all that.

Nova is the least fun hero to play against in Heroes of the Storm. Don't add that nonsense to Overwatch.

Who says there will be perma-cloak with a shimmer? More likely it would be TF2 style with energy or a cooldown.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Quick Play replaced with Brawl: Everyone Is Stealthed Forever

liEt3nH.png
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

Junkrat sees no problem with this. Not like he aims anyways.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular

Brawl where all players are invisible except when firing would be hilarious.

steam_sig.png
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Konphujun wrote: »
    Stealth is a balance nightmare, without fail.

22 characters is also a balance nightmare, but it seems to be going alright.

s7Imn5J.png
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular

Brawl where all players are invisible except when firing would be hilarious.

There's a game called Screen Cheat where it's exactly this

• General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Stealth is generally only really a problem when coupled with the damage output to instagib people.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Reaper is as much stealth as I want.

Konphujun wrote: »
    Stealth is a balance nightmare, without fail.

22 characters is also a balance nightmare, but it seems to be going alright.

Probably because none of them have stealth.

This discussion has been closed.