As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Heroes: S.2 - Spoilers Inside - UPDATED OP.

1565758596062»

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Rohaq wrote: »
    Whack him on the back of the head? Just because he can heal any damage, doesn't mean he'll instantly wake up.

Yeah, Elle had no problem knocking Peter unconscious with an electricity blast. I think that's pretty ridiculous though, the dude can wake up instantly from death but he can still be knocked out cold for hours?

*shrug* Artistic license? Or perhaps being knocked out cold doesn't kick the regeneration factor in. "Unconscious" is not an injury.
    Err, people don't just drop unconscious, unless they're sleeping. It's usually an injury to the brain from head trauma that causes someone to get knocked out, that or a lack of bloodflow to the brain, as such, if the injury is repaired, they should then wake up.

So if someone heals rapidly, they should lose consciousness for only a few seconds before their healing factor kicks in and they wake back up again.

Not necessarily. They may just stay unconscious until they wake up of their own accord or are roused. As I said, being unconscious isn't an injury; even if the damage that made the person fall unconscious was repaired, that wouldn't have to mean they automatically wake up. Sometimes being knocked unconscious become sleeping, depending on how tired the person was when he got whacked.
    But yeah, artistic licence and all that.

But hey, there's more than one way they could have killed Adam, I mean, Bob can transmute things into gold, apparently; surely he could have made a nice gold statue out of the guy and then melted him down?

Rapid healing doesn't mean shit if the very matter you're made of turns into a nice malleable metal.

That said, maybe he can only transmute metals? Who knows?

Or he might only be able to transmute non-organic matter (organic molocules are too complex to manipulate). We've only seen Bob use his powers once, so the full scope of it is a big fat unknown.

As for other ways of taking out Adam. I see this going two ways.

1. For the sake of convience, the Company didn't try that hard to kill Adam (no decaptiation and then sealing the head in a concrete slab encased in glass at the bottom of the ocean type stuff.) At most they may have tried stabbing him in the head, and he managed to get over it. Or Adam was exaggerating. Either way, he can be killed by decapitation or being at the center of an atomic blast, or having a split second lobotomy.

2. His healing power has gotten powerful enough over the course of 400 years that it's damn near impossible to incapacitate him for long enough to accomplish anything other than throwing him into a cell. To the point where he CAN regrow from being decapitated or having his brain mutilated. Possibly a Lobo-like "regenerate from a single cell" kind of situation.

Undead Scottsman on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    man everyone hates on west

i think he's charming in a creepy stalker kind of way

i figure he'll turn into evil

he's got all kinds of little magneto jr. beats where he sees himself as superior to others n shit

Pony on
  • theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    What irritates me is the fact that there's no real reason for the Company to have Claire or hide her, making her officially useless (except for now), since presumably they would've done all the testing on Adam.

theSquid on
  • dvshermandvsherman Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Obviously, Claire needs to test this out.

And west should too, just in case.

And Maya. Alejandro, too.

Too bad that's the way they decided to go with the power, though. Claire's toe growing another Claire, then the Claire twins fighting to the death would have been awesome.

dvsherman on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    you know, the folk who play alejandro and maya seem like good actors

they really do

it's just that their parts don't consist more of going "ALEJANDROOOOOO" and "MAAAYJA" over and over and then looking intense

Pony on
  • ege02ege02 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    maya's crying looks incredibly fake.

and i dont mean because of the black tears.

ege02 on
  • dvshermandvsherman Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I could see those actors trying out for parts in future series.

"Oh god, you're the chick that played Maya on Heroes. NEXT."

"No no, wait! It wasn't me, the part was horribly written. I'm actually a great actress. Here, here. Listen."

"Okay. You've got one shot."

"*clears throat* ALEEEEEEE-HAND-DROOOOOOOO! ... Now you're supposed to say "MAYA!""

"..."

dvsherman on
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited November 2007
    theSquid wrote: »
    What irritates me is the fact that there's no real reason for the Company to have Claire or hide her, making her officially useless (except for now), since presumably they would've done all the testing on Adam.

All sorts of ways that they could explain that. Anything from Adam being so advanced that they can't synthesize/mimic and might have a better chance trying with a less complex version, to Adam's powers working differently than Claire's. God only know if what he did to Nathan will actually help him in the long run. Adam's cells could be taking over and making Nate into patient zero, forcing Pete to kill him to save the world.

I hope.

Aroduc on
  • HiveHive Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Aroduc wrote: »
    Adam's cells could be taking over

It might be fun if Nathan was being slowly transformed into a duplicate of Adam, sort of like Agent Smith in the Matrix 2.

Hive on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2007
    Someone make a new thread.

Not it!

20000830h.jpg

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.