As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Overwatch 6.0]Old Thread, Go to New Thread!

1939495969799»

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    From previous dev comments that they don't want to make a dedicated stealth character, I get the impression that if there is stealth it'll just be Sombra's ult. Which honestly might be nice, it could be a preventative ult against offensive ults like High Noon or dragonblade. Like one of the big reasons why Lucio+Zen is ironclad right now is because otherwise dives are really powerful, a non-support having a team-saving or fight-initiating ult might be able to open things up a bit for more varied support picks, especially for the supports who are more vulnerable to getting picked off like Mercy and Ana.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    If she's stealth, I'm quitting Overwatch. That simple.

Is it really necessary to be so kneejerk ultra-salty about a stealth character?

Even supposing she is an actual full-on stealth character, we know fuck-all about her abilities, and there is absolutely room for a stealth character besides the (bizarrely-dreaded) TF2 Spy type. Widowmaker is about the most eye-rollingly dull and uninteresting character type they could've put in the game, but it's not like she ruins the game or anything. In fact, no character ruins the game, so why in the world are people getting so worked up over something we know next to nothing about, especially considering that Blizzard keeps adjusting and tweaking characters to keep any one character from wrecking things?

• ZekZek Registered User regular
    Mainly I just hope that the stealth hero won't have a backstab because I find that quite frustrating even to use. Playing Spy in TF2 probably shaved years off my life from flubbed backstabs due to netcode or them turning around in the last millisecond. I actually preferred killing people with the Revolver.

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    facestabs

facestabs...

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Reyes-kun
    show me your forbidden flower
    Let it blossom between us.
    Sugoiiiiii~

https://youtu.be/2kLNv5xa0ls

Bless your heart.
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    widow was pretty fucking close to ruining the game

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    *tips hat to tyrannus for unspecified reason*

steam_sig.png
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    *tips hat to tyrannus for unspecified reason*

@Ludious

• ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    widow was pretty fucking close to ruining the game

And now she's fine and has to actually do some work to kill almost anybody, despite the fact that her entire design of "stand way back and shoot" runs counter to every other character being designed to fight where the actual game is at.

At the very least, a stealth character will almost certainly be fighting at ranges other than "fuck you if you aren't also Widowmaker".

Ninja Snarl P on
  • edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    The moment in crime site is up to 5% Oh the suspense.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edzepp wrote: »
    The moment in crime site is up to 5% Oh the suspense.

So that's about on pace for Sept 9 right

steam_sig.png
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular

The best part was he made sure Mei was dead first

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
This discussion has been closed.