As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Everyone Should Watch Blood Punch

2»

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Hey, this was a gooooood movie.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    Regrettably AJ is pretty correct about this movie.

Hey, gang, I thought I'd let you in on the joke making process. Give you a glimpse of how the sausage is made.

This post is pretty good joke fodder! It has a pretty fun phrase in it. One that can be spun off in a few different ways. So like any joke fodder, it starts with a question.

The question here is: What is "Regrettably AJ" the name of? Is it

a) An Olde English scented cologne (No, this is too obvious. The well's been drawn from too often)
    b) A Choose-Your-Own Adventure novel where every ending is "alligators eat you" (Not bad, but requires too-detailed knowledge of Goosebumps: Escape from the Carnival of Horror)
    c) A white rapper who feels pretty bad about both of those adjectives (Well structured, but problematic in several ways)
    d) The long overdue male reboot of Suddenly Susan (Pretty good, but lacks the alliteration of Suddenly Susan and suffers in the process)

Given the options available, and removed of the time to care to come up with more, the correct answer is d)

Now let's see how this is applied in a practical sense

Regrettably AJ is taking a lot of unfair flak on Twitter, but I think it's about time we got a male reboot of Suddenly Susan

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i fucking hate you, will

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    i fucking hate you, will

I don't believe that for a second

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Jesus Pooro, I need an AP credit after slogging through that.

• Options
    Zonugal wrote: »

Imagine if I put this much effort into something worthwhile

• Options

STOP GIVING ME HOMEWORK, DAD!

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular

Hey, gang, I thought I'd let you in on the joke making process. Give you a glimpse of how the sausage is made.

This post is pretty good joke fodder! It has a pretty fun phrase in it. One that can be spun off in a few different ways. So like any joke fodder, it starts with a question.

The question here is: What is "Regrettably AJ" the name of? Is it

a) An Olde English scented cologne (No, this is too obvious. The well's been drawn from too often)
    b) A Choose-Your-Own Adventure novel where every ending is "alligators eat you" (Not bad, but requires too-detailed knowledge of Goosebumps: Escape from the Carnival of Horror)
    c) A white rapper who feels pretty bad about both of those adjectives (Well structured, but problematic in several ways)
    d) The long overdue male reboot of Suddenly Susan (Pretty good, but lacks the alliteration of Suddenly Susan and suffers in the process)

Given the options available, and removed of the time to care to come up with more, the correct answer is d)

Now let's see how this is applied in a practical sense

Regrettably AJ is taking a lot of unfair flak on Twitter, but I think it's about time we got a male reboot of Suddenly Susan

Alley Oop was my favorite newspaper comic as it turns out.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    this seems dope

going on the to-watch list right after green room

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    This thread should not be falling off of the front page. It should be full of reactions of people watching it for the first time!

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    Not interested

Take me off the list

• Options
    The fact that this movie stars a low-grade Channing Tatum substitute was hilarious to me.

It really pushed it from great to amazing.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Hey

FYI

I'm watching Blood Punch

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    What the hell

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Yesssssssss

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Veldrin wrote: »
    What the hell

YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING BLOOD PUNCH

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    Well I guess I know what I'm doing this afternoon

640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Is this a gory & sad film about tragedy?

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options

It's not really gory. It has some gore but nothing too extreme.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Pretty sure this is on tap for late tonight once we're too drunk for any more board games. The last couple of game nights we wrapped up by watching The Guest, Detention and The Final Girls, and this looks like the best option for tonight.

• Options

no

unless that's what you want

then, yes

either way: watch blood punch

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular

I worry that if I start putting effort into things that aren't obscure nerdy shit no one cares about, I'll have to give up my autism card.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Watched Blood Punch. Verdict: Pretty ok.
    The "twist" of how they can get out of the loop was made too obvious though with them doubling up on lines about the last one left. I did like the plan to find out if she would cross him though, that was pretty satisfying.

• Options
    Watched Blood Punch. Verdict: Pretty ok.
    The "twist" of how they can get out of the loop was made too obvious though with them doubling up on lines about the last one left. I did like the plan to find out if she would cross him though, that was pretty satisfying.
    it's not really a twist on how they get out of the loop. it's basically spelled out for them with russell's story. and hinted it heavily throughout. by the time the characters realize it, it's blatantly obvious to the audience. and i like that. i like a movie that keeps you ahead of the characters every now and again.

the only things i would consider absolute twists are:

the dead miltons
    the reveal, via police camera, that they've been in the loop for five years
    milton's plan to see if skyler would betray him

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Turns out this is also on Hulu Plus, btw. Pretty good.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    Ok that was great

Now I want to watch Groundhog's Day for the billionth time

640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Options
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Turns out this is also on Hulu Plus, btw. Pretty good.

this is very important news!

i keep forgetting hulu plus had movies!!!

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Fair enough. Hush was better though. Errybody go watch hush. or, "A study in Chekhov's gun"

• Options
    Hush may be a better movie but Blood Punch is waaaay more fun.