As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - PATV - Acquisitions Incorporated: The Series – Episode 12

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited August 2016 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - PATV - Acquisitions Incorporated: The Series – Episode 12

Welcome to the pilot season full of new Acquisition Incorporated adventures, filmed on-location in an actual basement, delivered episodically for your amusement.Listen to the podcast.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• cynnicysmcynnicysm Registered User regular
    "time's really been dragging on" got me. i died. good job guys. i'm dead now.

• ObstreperousObstreperous Registered User regular
    I KNEW IT! I knew it was him! They said he was 'elf-like', he uses a sword, he used divine magic, he teleports, and was mistaken for a woman.
    But why would he do that? I feel like my childhood hero just turned to the dark side. I feel personally betrayed. It can't be like this. D:

• Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Christ. Dragons are no joke!

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Huttj509Huttj509 Registered User regular
    Obstreperous, I want to see Wil show up on stage at PAX at as climax where they track down the guy. Like, they corner him, initiative's rolled...and out walks Wil, dice in hand.

• RigamarawRigamaraw Registered User regular
    What about Bless? Bless 3 creatures of your choice within 30’ (target one additional creature for each slot level above 1st) that then get to add 1d4 to their attack and saving throws for the duration (1 minute/10 rounds), or until concentration is broken. Step 1: bless Omin, Viari, and Binwin. Step 2: hopefully don’t die. Step 3: profit.

• ATF_GriffATF_Griff Registered User regular
    I hope they can cut up the pax show and put it out like this.

• CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    I KNEW IT! I knew it was him! They said he was 'elf-like', he uses a sword, he used divine magic, he teleports, and was mistaken for a woman.
    But why would he do that? I feel like my childhood hero just turned to the dark side. I feel personally betrayed. It can't be like this. D:
    Me too! I called it the moment Chris said he had a symbol of Melora!

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    ATF_Griff wrote: »
    I hope they can cut up the pax show and put it out like this.

They just leave the pax show on twitch to watch whenever you want. No reason to cut it up. You can watch live or whenever you want afterwards.

• thurulethurule Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Been a long time since I watched the old series. I don't get what Aeofel whispered to Viari on his way out. What's the reference there?

thurule on
  • faludifaludi Registered User regular
    Chris Perkins and WotC have put all of the Acq. Inc. live shows in podcast form. It's called Dungeon Delve. It's great.

camo_sig2.png
  • mral777mral777 Sacramento, CARegistered User regular
    It's all fun and games 'till someone enrages the Legendary Dragon

faludi wrote: »
    Chris Perkins and WotC have put all of the Acq. Inc. live shows in podcast form. It's called Dungeon Delve. It's great.

I actually went back and looked at that, then saw it was many hours of podcasts and was hoping for a quicker answer. :)

• J. D. MilknutJ. D. Milknut Lord of Chipmunks Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Please make another season immediately. I feel like I'm talking to a shooter who has taken hostages: You have all the power! And I respect that. You can do whatever you like. But... think of the children.

gekm71tpnnd5.gif
  • NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    That was a pretty awesome reveal.

How long before the PAX game gets turned into a video?

• VirtualVoltVirtualVolt Registered User regular
    Nightslyr wrote: »

It'll be live on twitch while it happens and also in select theaters across the country with Fathom Events. You can buy tickets here: http://www.fathomevents.com/event/dungeons-and-dragons

I'm heavily considering going since I'm so invested in this show lol. Plus it'll be like a mini PAX opposite of PAX East for me!

steam_sig.png
  • DistantlurkerDistantlurker Registered User regular
    thurule wrote: »
    Been a long time since I watched the old series. I don't get what Aeofel whispered to Viari on his way out. What's the reference there?

Way back in the day when they did podcasts Will fell into an acid pool with greased sides (this was in the days before *banf*!) As he put it in a later episode "rolling 19 after 19" wasn't enough to get out and he turned "How does 19 work for ya?" into a catchphrase.

Way back in the day when they did podcasts Will fell into an acid pool with greased sides (this was in the days before *banf*!) As he put it in a later episode "rolling 19 after 19" wasn't enough to get out and he turned "How does 19 work for ya?" into a catchphrase.

Thanks, I went back and relistened to that, but the catchphrase must've started later. Really great stuff.

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

@Nightslyr as soon as it's aired on twitch it will stay there as a VOD to watch. So basically next weekend it will be up and should be there anytime you want afterwards.

@Nightslyr as soon as it's aired on twitch it will stay there as a VOD to watch. So basically next weekend it will be up and should be there anytime you want afterwards.

Oh shit, it's being streamed live?

I love living in the future.

Still, best option is watching it from Benaroya Hall. :)

mral777 wrote: »

No doubt, but I live across the country, am too poor to travel, and use a wheelchair. Streaming/video is, literally, my only option.

No doubt, but I live across the country, am too poor to travel, and use a wheelchair. Streaming/video is, literally, my only option.

Some of the same reasons I watch the videos for the PAX East Adventures.

• TubeTube Registered User admin

Have you checked if Fathom are streaming it near you?

Tube wrote: »

I'm not sure what Fathom is.

...should I just hand in my nerd badge at this point?

Every one of the Pax Acq Incs has been streamed live! What have you been doing!?

Every one of the Pax Acq Incs has been streamed live! What have you been doing!?

Obviously living in a cave.

dnd.wizards.com/articles/news/acquisitions-inc-live-theaters

• TransluciaTranslucia Registered User regular
    To me, DnD isn't "DnD" unless there's at least one person who is learning the game for the first time. There has to be a dichotomy between old schoolers and new people. For this little pearl: you're welcome.

And Rothfuss isn't a new people, that old crank.

https://youtu.be/c_SrYqLrljU

• NicNic Registered User regular
    Bring the party to a near-TPK situation only to break out by the skin of their teeth for the finale at PAX? Chris Perkins sure knows how to ply his craft.

Overall this series with Patrick Rothfuss has been very entertaining.

Nic wrote: »
    Bring the party to a near-TPK situation only to break out by the skin of their teeth for the finale at PAX? Chris Perkins sure knows how to ply his craft.

Overall this series with Patrick Rothfuss has been very entertaining.

What Ho!

• ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    Here's the Acquisitions Incorporated - PAX West 2016 Animated Intro

Covers the season (spoilers! :p)

76561197966849367.png
  • SolidSiouxSolidSioux Registered User new member
    Does anyone have any idea when the next season will start? Without my weekly fix of Acq Inc I'm starting to detox and that is not an optimal scenario!!!!

SolidSioux wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea when the next season will start? Without my weekly fix of Acq Inc I'm starting to detox and that is not an optimal scenario!!!!

agreed. it's wednesday and i've gotten quite used to this being the highlight of my workweek.

• fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    i'm guessing it'll be a bit of time. Pat Rothfuss wrote on his blog that he traveled to Seattle for a couple of days to shoot the latest Acq Inc series.

sounds like they needed to schedule a set of days for it in advance.

like all good things in life, this is worth waiting for :)

(i've also started reading Pat's really good books to tide me over, so there's that)

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
    There are a few things that make it trickier than it seems to put these out fast but we're working on it. The future is replete with Acq Inc stuff

Honestly? This web series is my favorite non-PA-comic thing since Automata. Which I'd also like to see more of.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    someone introduced me to this during pax

it has slayed me

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    bowen wrote: »
    someone introduced me to this during pax

it has slayed me

It's always been my favorite part of PAX East when I go.

Even though I know I could watch it online from home, it still manages to be the best part of the trip every time.

• SolidSiouxSolidSioux Registered User new member
    edited September 2016
    I've decided if I ever find a magic lamp my first wish is going to be for Chris Perkins to be my DM. The man truly has a gift.

SolidSioux on
    There are a few things that make it trickier than it seems to put these out fast but we're working on it. The future is replete with Acq Inc stuff

To be fair, getting a bunch of super busy people together in one place whom do not live in said place together is pretty tricky, and I'm sure the filming and subsequent editing is also pretty tricky, not to mention ole perkins needs time to let the brainfroth simmer and percolate between sessions. BUT TO BE UNFAIR I EXPECT MAGIC AND GODLIKE SPEED FROM YOU ALL!