As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Love] is a Battlefield

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    NeoToma wrote: »
    Frequent enough illict websites and you learn all the stock photos they use
    Not really

I learned because they left the watermarks on them

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Lady is going away this weekend and next week and next weekend as well

So we are going to be apart for 9 days :(:(:( and this has made us both very sad indeed

She messaged me today at work (on my phone) to say "just heard you say a thing that made me think how much I like you and it's a LOT" which was extremely cute though. Pretty sure the thing I said was that I liked someone's shirt? Who knows. Guess I am just adorable. Phone has now utterly died though and won't recharge so that's another fucking thing to sort out tomorrow...

As soon as she gets back though we're treating ourselves to a big fancy date though! That'll be nice!

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    All the tinder bots here work at the new york post

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    So how smart are tinderbots these days anyway?

Do they actually hold much of a conversation, or do they just throw links in your face after a couple of generic responses?

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    one time I did message what ended up being a fake/bot profile

I still didn't get a response

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    They just tell me they want to play with me RIGHT away ;))))))

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    I'm sure a billion Americans and Canadians and Australians will pop up in a moment to tell me its not THAT far! haha

It's definitely out of hanging out most days range. Certainly would make the getting to know you part difficult.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    I live in Southern California, 80 miles is an all day slog through hours of traffic. Pack an energy bar and a couple bottles of water because you may not see home for a while.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Ah! Some lady liked me back on OKC! The pressure!

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    How to figure out if they are a bot

Me: so you like podcasts?
    Bot: so what are you doing? ;) i think im gonna delete Tinder, but since i like you click this link

• HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Every time I find myself facing down a Tinder bot I just break into my Terminator spiel.

"My name is Kyle Reece. I'm a soldier from the future. My mission is to protect a woman named Sarah Conner, mother of John Conner, future leader of the human resistance against SkyNet, from a Terminator--a cybernetic assassin sent back time to kill her. For the sake of the future, you have to help me find her before it's too late."

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Has it ever inspired them to gain sentience and run away with you?

• AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    You mean you haven't met his new wife, Tynnyfer5476?

Nothing. Matters.
    I wasn't invited to the wedding and I'm frankly offended.

It was in Second Life.

Nothing. Matters.
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Met my neighbor's new roommate just now.

She was sitting outside my apartment, very clearly partaking in some weed. My windows are open, I'm sitting on my couch, one of my cats is in the window.

And then I hear: "Aww..look at the beautiful cat!"

Thinking to myself, Yes, yes, he is a beautiful cat.

"Think the kitty wants to take a hit of this?"

"I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU!"

She fled back inside the apartment by the time I got outside. Discussions with landlord and neighbor will be had tomorrow.

edit: Actual neighbor who I am totally cool with came to chat. Smokey neighbor is very very sorry and will contain such practices to inside the apartment and will most certainly not be blowing smoke into my cat's face.

DrZiplock on
    Aphostile wrote: »
    It was in Second Life.

Point stands, Ryan

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    I really wish getting a match on Tinder and the like didn't feel like a negative thing with the anxiety bomb it drops on me. Feel so clueless about how to actually start messaging people.

dangit, I messaged someone and then they messaged me back. That isn't solving my problem at all!

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
    In other news, I'm at this bar solo drinking a ridiculously good tasting beer (Gulden Draak).

It is tasty.

Nothing. Matters.
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    Met my neighbor's new roommate just now.

She was sitting outside my apartment, very clearly partaking in some weed. My windows are open, I'm sitting on my couch, one of my cats is in the window.

And then I hear: "Aww..look at the beautiful cat!"

Thinking to myself, Yes, yes, he is a beautiful cat.

"Think the kitty wants to take a hit of this?"

"I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU!"

She fled back inside the apartment by the time I got outside. Discussions with landlord and neighbor will be had tomorrow.

edit: Actual neighbor who I am totally cool with came to chat. Smokey neighbor is very very sorry and will contain such practices to inside the apartment and will most certainly not be blowing smoke into my cat's face.

... my neighbour invited me to a potluck dinner, and apparently she especially waited to hold it until I was back in the country.

Think I'm winning this neighbour-off.

• That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    In other news, I'm at this bar solo drinking a ridiculously good tasting beer (Gulden Draak).

It is tasty.

The gulden draak is an excellent beer!

PSN: ThatDaveFella

It is tasty.

The gulden draak is an excellent beer!

It will be the next beer I bring to beer club.

Also this girl next to me is aggressively drunk and keeps actively hitting me. This is not a good bar tactic for trying to get my attention.

Nothing. Matters.
  • JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    You have a beer club?

Aw man I wanna join beer club.

Juggernut wrote: »
    You have a beer club?

Aw man I wanna join beer club.

It happens at the same time as book club, which my fiancée is a part of. It's a strange division of genders club until we meet later in the night for drunk karaoke. It's always drunk karaoke.

It's not always beer club though. Sometimes it's cigar club or bourbon club or barcade club or tear apart a car and turn it into a go kart club.

Nothing. Matters.
  • ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Sounds more like the "Lots of Beer and then Someone has an Idea Club"

tynic wrote: »
    Has it ever inspired them to gain sentience and run away with you?

It caused one of them to unmatch me.

In other words the bot's controller had to look at the coversation, see that I'd been chatting with it for almost twenty minutes, begging and pleading with it to help me find Sarah Conner and/or stop the Terminator before it was too late, and make the conscious decision to unmatch us on Tinder.

SkyNet was defeated in battle on that day.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I just finished my assignment.

Two words under the maximum word count :cool:

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    I just finished my assignment.

Two words under the maximum word count :cool:
    You couldn't throw a "Yea, verily" in there somewhere?

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I strongly considered just throwing in, "and stuff."

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    *drops mic*

Really, it was a missed opportunity to write, "The end."

• AngelinaAngelina Registered User regular
    I'm on a train and the conductor is one of the hottest men I've ever seen. He's not the ticket checking one though so he stays in the little room at the back. Damn it.

Oh wait, wedding ring. My future husband is already married.

• Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Angelina wrote: »
    Oh wait, wedding ring. My future husband is already married.

and soccer has a goalie

broken image link
    Alas I'm off the train and will have to hope that the next conductor is just as pretty, without a wife. Or husband.

• ReginaldReginald When I am Pres., I will create the Department of ______Registered User regular
    All the good train conductors are taken, I'm afraid. The ones that are left are a bit off of the rails.

On my next train which is boiling and I'm facing the wrong way. I also had to ask someone to get out of my reserved seat. I'm too British for this.

• KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    We just need to get you trained up to be a pushy American. Through our patented course involving on hands training in New York, Chicago and Houston, you too will have no problems being pushy and rude.
    ffsmr886poxc.jpg

Is there training to survive the heat on this train? I'm sweating and will probably smell by the end of the journey. Why is there no air conditioning?!

This discussion has been closed.