As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Love] is a Battlefield

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Angelina wrote: »
    Is there training to survive the heat on this train? I'm sweating and will probably smell by the end of the journey. Why is there no air conditioning?!

Well, yes, but the training is mostly just "continuing to spend time on a hot train until you get used to it" so it probably isn't worth it.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    It's very conflicting being messaged only about your appearance.

I don't do that
    I ask questions based upon what they write in their profile
    This seems not to work so o well
    I even get messages based upon my appearance so I went and changed all my pics to where I looked just nasty to see what happened

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    You have a beer club?

Aw man I wanna join beer club.

I have a bear club you can join

or maybe not it gets messy

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Pretty mystery lady claims to have a fever.

I am prepared to never hear from this person again as long as I live.

• Options
    sarukun wrote: »

Have you offered her some more cowbell?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular

tell her to alternate motrin and tylenol and if she's not better in a few days to see her doctor

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    On my next train which is boiling and I'm facing the wrong way. I also had to ask someone to get out of my reserved seat. I'm too British for this.

You could have sat on the floor, like all great British politicians!

• Options
    JoeUser wrote: »
    On my next train which is boiling and I'm facing the wrong way. I also had to ask someone to get out of my reserved seat. I'm too British for this.

When I think of British politics and sitting on things, "floor" isn't the first word that comes to mind.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

Have you offered her some more cowbell?

Oh, well fucking done.

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »

When I think of British politics and sitting on things, "floor" isn't the first word that comes to mind.

• Options
    AngelinaAngelina Registered User regular
    They've just apologised for the lack of air conditioning. Thankfully I'm escaping in 10 minutes, sweatily.

• Options

I have a strong feeling you dodged a bullet

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »

I have a strong feeling you dodged a bullet

I have my own suspicions.

• Options
    AngelinaAngelina Registered User regular
    I'm on a bench next to two teenage boys asking out a girl over the phone for the other teenage boy in the group. I wonder if that still works at my age.

• Options
    I'm on a bench next to two teenage boys asking out a girl over the phone for the other teenage boy in the group. I wonder if that still works at my age.

give me the phone number and we'll see

• Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    So yesterday I was told by my job I have to resign because they won't reduce my hours so that I can go to my classes for my last semester of school. That really soured me and I had my first ever date with someone older than me, and I wasn't in the best of moods.

That all changed once I got to the city we were meeting up, because I saw the only thing that could make me feel fantastic no matter what: a DeLorean. I'm ridiculously obsessed with these cars, and got to take a few pictures with it after it parked.

Oh the date went well too.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    so did you get to kiss the car or not

we want details

• Options
    GaryOGaryO Registered User regular

we want details

more importantly did you sit in it?

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    "localfuckbuddy4u" was reported and blocked. Now he has evolved into "localfuckbuddy4u8" with the same pictures, same lines but brand new determination!

HE IS BACK.

Transformed into "Localsexfriend" he's dropped the "4 u" so I guess it wouldn't be exclusive anymore.

And back again. Being objectified is getting old.

• Options
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    True story - my okcupid profile pic has my hair covering my face with sun glasses on cousin it style and I still get comments about being hot.

I think not only are dudes not reading the profile, they might not even be looking at the picture.

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    Gizzy wrote: »
    True story - my okcupid profile pic has my hair covering my face with sun glasses on cousin it style and I still get comments about being hot.

I think not only are dudes not reading the profile, they might not even be looking at the picture.

That or a lot of people in your area have a thing for Cousin It.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    "localfuckbuddy4u" was reported and blocked. Now he has evolved into "localfuckbuddy4u8" with the same pictures, same lines but brand new determination!

HE IS BACK.

Transformed into "Localsexfriend" he's dropped the "4 u" so I guess it wouldn't be exclusive anymore.

Do you have to use a picture of yourself on these sites? I'm wondering what your hit rate would be like if you had, like, a really gorgeous soft-edged studio photo of a fern.

...probably find a startling number of dudes into tree-fucking. Never mind.

• Options
    Gizzy wrote: »

eeeeemmmmmmmmmmmememememe!

• Options
    tynic wrote: »

HE IS BACK.

Do you have to use a picture of yourself on these sites? I'm wondering what your hit rate would be like if you had, like, a really gorgeous soft-edged studio photo of a fern.

I could give her one of my pictures. I never get messages!

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    tynic wrote: »

HE IS BACK.

hey hey

you might find some guys just looking to be fronds

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I think OkCupid might kinda... suck?

I'm not saying it's a lousy dating site but it doesn't make things very easy or fun

• Options
    Also, that there is a premium search function by which you can sort by attractiveness and body type seems tailor-made for guys who get a kick out of sending garbage messages to ladies

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Is this self-declared body type
    Ugh it all sounds pretty gross and meat market-y to be frank

• Options
    I think it is self-declared body type, they make you choose yours from a list

OkCupid makes me feel like I'm window-shopping anytime I look for matches

• Options
    Yeah, the "sort by attractiveness thing" made me go "ugh" at first and then I thought about it and realized "wait, how could that possibly even actually work?" Either it's largely bullshit metadata garbage or they have some crazy image-processing algorithms.

And yeah, Tynic, there's a spot in your profile where you can list your body type from a pre-generated set of options. I could do without it, really.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I think it is self-declared body type, they make you choose yours from a list

OkCupid makes me feel like I'm window-shopping anytime I look for matches

Especially when you get the quickmatch thing where you can't even view their profile, just "look at these pictures and say yes or no".

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Attractiveness is probably a measure of how many clicks a profile gets - when you're looking for matches, you see the pictures and match percentage, so that determines whether you click on a profile

• Options
    Like, my biggest pass-fail metric for OKC is the profile. I don't care what our match percentage is or what your pictures are like, if you don't have anything substantial in your profile, if I don't have the slightest idea of what you're like as a person, I'm not interested.

(My second biggest pass-fail metric is my stupid brain and it's really more like fail-fail)

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I think it's a general problem with dating sites and apps that they're not very fun

It's less "hooray, let's see who we'll talk to today" and more "this feels miserable"

• Options
    If I could just meet all my potential dates in an off-topic forum that'd be ideal.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I can still count on one hand the number of profiles I've looked at that gave me a "I must talk to this person" kind of vibe. Most of the time, there's just enough there to get the bare minimum of what their personality might be.

• Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    GaryO wrote: »

we want details

more importantly did you sit in it?

Sadly it was not mine to kiss or get inside. I did take some stealth pics when the car wasn't looking.

When I get my own you bet I'll kiss it so much, the stainless steel good will look like John Mayer leaving the club.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular

I think OkCupid might kinda... suck?

I'm not saying it's a lousy dating site but it doesn't make things very easy or fun

OkC is trash. At best it is a diversion from the fact that we all die alone, largely unsatisfied by our lifetime choices in expedient dining.

Eat at Arby's.

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    You have a beer club?

Aw man I wanna join beer club.

I have a bear club you can join

or maybe not it gets messy

I'd say I'm more of an otter than a bear though.

Nothing. Matters.
This discussion has been closed.