As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mass Effect: Andromeda Announced! Featuring EVEN HOTTER humanoid ship AI!

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Strikor wrote: »
    That thing really needed the main gun fron the Mako. If you're going to do a series of combat missions in something that can't take a hit, give it a punch. Basic gameplay enjoyment right there.

I would have rather just had the Mako tbh

Be nice to drive it around maps that weren't fractal hellscapes

• LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    I've figured it out guys!

Spoilers for the Madoka Magica version of the ending of the Mass Effect trilogy:
    Varren were the true answer to the problems with dark energy! They live on Korlus, which is said to support no life outside of extremophiles, and the codex entry says they live off of vermin and eating each other. How can the Varren race survive solely off of cannibalism? Easy, they make up for the energy loss of dark energy by breaking the laws of thermodynamics and gaining more sustenance than exists inside of a Varren body any time they eat one! We could have defeated the Reapers just by having more puppy dogs!

• NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »
    They need to let us play as Elcor in Andromeda.

Elcor vanguards. The biotic charge would be inspirational.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_PrZ-J7D3k

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
    Hmm, do I heal my facial scars in this renegade playthrough?

• StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Depends on HOW renegade. A little bit of scarring is cool but full-terminator which no one seems to notice just looks ridiculous.

Just dropped 25k on a fish feeder

Ok this play through of ME3 is now officially safely underway

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular

For forty thousand of your finest platinums, you can build a medical dealie in the upgrades. I never used it, but it says it's for healing scars!

Oh brilliant
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016

For forty thousand of your finest platinums, you can build a medical dealie in the upgrades. I never used it, but it says it's for healing scars!

And we all know why you need so much platinum:

Spoiler for big:
    Mass-Effect-Comic-Medical-Results.jpg

Orca on
    Yeah, that is pretty much my headcanon.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I'm doing Arrival right now. Downloaded Leviathan, From Ashes and the Extended Cut ending for ME3 all ready to go. It begins tonight.
    They're talking about this Doctor trying to destroy a Mass Relay. Guessing that's how the Reapers are getting here? D:

Oh brilliant
  • Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Arrival really is that much better at the very end of ME2.

Do From the Ashes at the earliest possible moment.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    The thing is, if you do the Citadel DLC mission earlier, then it will unlock the extra squad stuff at the Citadel over the course of the game. Which might be better than leaving and going back to the Citadel multiple times to force-load all the stuff.

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Arrival really is that much better at the very end of ME2.

Do From the Ashes at the earliest possible moment.

I agree with Arrival at the end of ME2, but I think From Ashes works a bit better after going after a certain space station with students, simply because the sequencing for unit introduction works better.

They're heeeere. D:
    well shit. So the Reapers are in the Milky Way now, huh? Blew up the Alpha Relay so their travelling around at FTL speeds is still gonna take decades to reach another Relay. But... shit. Paragon Shep went and committed a war crime right there. :<

dang.

Installing ME3 right now.

Oh brilliant
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    They're heeeere. D:
    well shit. So the Reapers are in the Milky Way now, huh? Blew up the Alpha Relay so their travelling around at FTL speeds is still gonna take decades to reach another Relay. But... shit. Paragon Shep went and committed a war crime right there. :<

dang.

You don't feel too torn about it with a Spacer background though.

aTBDrQE.jpg
    Skeith wrote: »
    They're heeeere. D:

dang.

Even moreso with the Colonist background.

sig.gif
    edited August 2016
    OH SHIT!

They're on Earth! How did that happen so quickly!?

I guess they made a beeline for the Sol system, and presumably the rest of the galaxy is safe for the moment. But how'd they reach a Relay that quick? D:

I like the UI change back to blue, since we're Alliance again, not Cerberus. That's a neat difference, and a nice subtle way to alter the tone of the entire game.

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I love Mass Effect 3's opening so, so much. Everything about it is pretty much perfect.

Yes, even that thing. In the intro it works fine.

Oh wow, Normandy SR2 got rebranded too. Yellow trim is gone, got Alliance branding on it. We just stole it from Cerberus, huh? That's a little odd!

Oh brilliant
    edited August 2016
    "Stole"

Info comes later.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
    wow Kaiden's turned into a real jerk, huh? :I

also I heard the Mass Effect main theme playing in the intro! Glad it's not totally gone. <3
    Liara! She found a deus ex machina! Ho boy! :D

Oh brilliant
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Skeith wrote: »
    They're heeeere. D:

dang.

Even moreso with the Colonist background.

Yep, typo on my part.

aTBDrQE.jpg
    Kaidan turned into a big jerk in ME2. At least I had Garrus' arms to find comfort in after that unpleasant encounter.

• Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    I still like Kaiden more than Ashley.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    PSA: On my playthrough I ran into a glitch where I couldn't install weapon modules. Apparently the solution us everytime you pick up a new weapon to cycle through it in the resulting weapons select menu.

I lost two hours to that.

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    I love Mass Effect 3's opening so, so much. Everything about it is pretty much perfect.

Yes, even that thing. In the intro it works fine.

Man

The intro is one of the bad parts to me

I legit thought it had been heavily edited down when I played through the demo before launch

It's kind of a rushed mess, imo

It did set the "OH SHIT" mood pretty well.

• RamiRami Registered User regular
    It becomes dumber as the game goes on though. Well, I mean, everything does in ME3.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    "Stole"

Info comes later.
    Well I mean it's not wrong

They paid for it

I dunno, I think it helps that Leaving Earth is one of my favorite pieces of music in any videogame. That entire sequence may be coloring my memory of the intro as a whole.

Kaidan and Ashley are big jerks in ME2 and the beginning of ME3. It's Shepard's job to troll the fuck out of them show them the light.

Shouldn't we be getting a new thread right about now?

sig.gif
    They're heeeere. D:

dang.

Nah. Remember, Batarians aren't people.

• BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Man, getting into the ME3 demo and discovering the way it played (and the free multiplayer too!) was like, the hypest I ever was for a videogame in 2012. My life for the whole of that year was Mass Effect.

Man, getting into the ME3 demo and discovering the way it played (and the free multiplayer too!) was like, the hypest I ever was for a videogame in 2012. My life for the whole of that year was Mass Effect.

The hardest I've ever eye-rolled is when I found out ME3 was going to have multiplayer

It's also the wrongest I've ever been

The hardest I've ever eye-rolled is when I found out ME3 was going to have multiplayer

It's also the wrongest I've ever been

these are my feelings on Assassin's Creed. ;D

so I guess the multiplayer also contributes to the single player ending? How much of an effect does playing have, like how much multi do I need to do to get the best ending? If I play too much multi, does it mean I'll never get a bad ending in single player?

I finally used up my free month of Gold, so I can play ME3 multi. ;D

Oh brilliant
    edited August 2016
    Multi controls how much of the War Assets that you have, actually get used. When you log-in to the game, there'll be a percentage on the little vidscreen to the right that indicates how much is accessible. It starts at 50% and can go all the way up to 100%, for varying amounts you get per round. Also, whenever you have an MP character reach Level 20, you can Promote them, and they get added to your War Assets for 75 points. This resets the class back to Lv.1 and you can start over and make a different character. Also, the percentage will degrade 1% every 8 hours, for a total of 3% per day. It will never drop below 50% though, which is nice.

You don't actually need to play any MP to get the best ending for ME3 at this point (they lowered the requirement and the DLC adds Assets as well), but it's hella fun and actively encouraged.

Ruthless Calculus, ME3MP style
    The MP characters (like I said before) have levels, which means skills and skill points. You get 84 points for 5 abilities (3 skills and 2 passives). This translates into 4 maxed and 1 empty, or 3 maxed with one at Rank 5 and one at Rank 3. Everything else leaves points on the table, no matter how effective your 6-6-6-4-4 build is. Also, all upgrades in the MP are entirely based around an RNG, which means you'll never get anything you actually want. But when you get Widow X, you call me.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
    ME3 is awesome so far. I'm glad they dropped the deus ex machina right at the start, rather than making it a dumb last minute thing. There was probably no way to resolve this story without a big red 'solve the problem' button, so at least they introduce the thing early on and will presumably be building up to it.
    Cerberus is making husks!

And Kaidan is all jacked up, I guess so he doesn't have so much impact on the story, assuming it could be Ashley in his place instead.

I like the new beefcake guy. He looks like a Battletoad.

Col. Tigh just showed up again.

I dunno about the redesign to errybody's clothes. They're all kinda edgier, lots of straight lines rather than the round looks of ME1 and 2. It's like the Alliance has suddenly changed the uniform style between games. I'd initially assumed it was just Shepherd's prison clothes or something, but nah everyone wears that now. It's a bummer, everything else feels very consistent, despite the improved graphics in each sequel.

Oh brilliant
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    There would have been plenty of ways to resolve the story without ass-pulling if ME2 had made any progress against the Reapers, instead of adding a race that worked for them and having Shepard neutralize their base, thus introducing no actual improvement from the end of ME1.

Captain Carrot on
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Orca wrote: »

And we all know why you need so much platinum:

Spoiler for big:
    Mass-Effect-Comic-Medical-Results.jpg

Aww, the machine has a smiley face.

This discussion has been closed.