As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What’s Changed Since PAX Prime 2012?

LiraLira Registered User regular
Hey everyone – I’m a returning PAX vet whose last attendance was back in 2012. I had my convention experience down to a science back then, but four years is a long time in con-space, and I’m sure things have changed. I’m also bringing a friend this time after many years of solo attendance, and I don’t want to lead him astray with my outdated knowledge. So I come to you folks to ask: what has changed since 2012? Any and all information is appreciated, and I’m specifically curious about…

#1: Theater clearances – where should we expect to see these happen?

#2: Concert access – I see in the FAQ that it’s first-come, first-served now, so how early do you need to be in line to get a seat?

#2a: Followup question, is the concert the sort of thing where you can come in and out, as it was in The Olden Days when bands played to a big room without chairs, or are we all taking seats now, so that movement would be disruptive?

#3: How popular are the earlier Omegathon rounds these days?

Thanks in advance - it's good to be back :)

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    1. Storytime/Q+A/Roosterteeth won't clear out between panels. Everything else will
    2. Depends on the acts. The earliest you can line up for a panel is after the line for the previous panel has let in.
    2a. You can still come and go as you please, provided it's not at capacity
    3. Honestly couldn't tell you. Your best bet would be to follow @PAX_Lines for info on how full lines are.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    BofurBofur WARegistered User regular
    I was an Omeganaut last year, made it to round 5/6 - the theater's were never full. I'd say maybe half full each round. Of course, the final round was packed.

BAzaEgY.png