As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Should I tell my 10 year old daughter the truth?

RyanTRyanT New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
So, my daughter's mom has had me blocked on her phone for 3 years now. She has not had my daughter call me since. The only time I talk to my daughter is on Saturdays when she is with her grandpa, the mom's dad. Sometimes this is every Saturday, and sometimes it can go weeks, or over a month.

I don't want to go into all the details about why I am blocked and why my daughter doesn't call me from the mom's phone, but let's just say it is unjustified in many people's eyes.

Everyone says one day she will know what her mom did, and I agree she will. But when will she realize this? Who knows.

I know she is only 10, but I want to tell her why I don't talk to her that much. I don't want her to have daddy issues because she thinks her father didn't want to talk to her, when I wish I could talk to her every day.

And yes, I am considering getting a court order for phone calls.

I want to tell her something, but keep it simple. I just want to tell her that I don't talk to her as much as I would like to because her mom doesn't have her call me.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Ryan

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Lawyer. If you want more involvement in your daughter's life, you should get a lawyer and work on changing the custody situation.

e: More to your actual question, no, not yet. If you try to tell her what's going on now, her mother will have full access to correct the information you've given her, and mom may see it as justification to further limit your access to her

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Tox wrote: »
    Lawyer. If you want more involvement in your daughter's life, you should get a lawyer and work on changing the custody situation.

Trying to work on getting phone calls through the grandpa first...see if we can avoid thousands of dollars to get what is rightfully mine.

• Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    Without more details on the situation (which should not be on the forum) I'm not sure how we could give you any alternate solutions other than "get a lawyer". Advice on how to contact your Ten year old daughter against her mothers wishes, justified or not, is outside H/A scope.

Unless you want advice on how to obtain a lawyer, I'm going to have to lock this one.

• Options
    ok

This discussion has been closed.