As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The fairest BitTorrent program of them all

2»

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    At first I didn't really like utorrent at all (started using it a few days ago), because it really did seem like the download rate was proportional to my upload rate. I know I'm a dick for setting my upload speed to something low, but my parents will get violent if I slow their intertubes down.

Then I started tweaking it a bit, and got it to 300kb/s download and 30kb/s upload. That way I keep the speed, and don't hurt my internet speed too much.

urahonky on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited November 2007
    I use an old version of Azureus. It downloads all the stuff I want with no problems. I have no complaints.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    uTorrent is my choice.

I used to use Bittornado until I discovered uTorrent. It's nice, simple, compact, and good options.

Even with Comcast's throttling I just "encrypt" (hide the fact its a torrent) the packets and I get full speed.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png