As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PAX Thursday] The Triwizard Drinking Tournament 2: $4048.83 raised! Ravenclaw Wins!

• RobertEJRobertEJ Registered User new member
    Next year there should be a team from Clorthos. Give the inner city wizarding schools some love.

• dm_magicdm_magic Registered User regular
    Next year we should do the Houses from the new Harry Potter movie.

bn4KEyz.png
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    dm_magic wrote: »
    Next year we should do the Houses from the new Harry Potter movie.

I'm considering this. The upside would he keeping the theme and making this a much more gamey Triwizard. The huge downside is that the four new houses don't have the loyalty factor like the old ones and they don't have any merch yet for costuming.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • UnfetteredUnfettered Registered User regular
    jy5vmw45p6s5.jpeg
    Hufflepuff DE will be rolling around with these shot glasses, and I wanted to gauge interest from the other teams on if they'd like me to carry some from other houses. So... Who wants glasses?

Hufflepuff DE - HoH - Huffledrunk 4 Lyf!

RIP: uncomfortably hot tire vest

u want destiny raid? We be raidin'! XBL: Unfettered
    edited August 2016
    5zozo5exv2qv.jpg aaand just a little Snape bottle for the badger auction. Be jealous, Slytherins.

Apparently, there is an open HP DE ticket, for those interested in such things...

Unfettered on

• iAlexiAlex Registered User regular
    Hi All! I was a little late to register and missed out. For those who didn't register, is it still ok to tag along? I'm traveling solo to PAX this year and would be nice to hang out with everyone! :-)

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Tag alongs are discouraged as the crawl will see each bar get slammed with 100+ people on top of their regular (and on that night, unfortunate) clientele. Adding even more to that number is just rude.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
    edited August 2016
    There is one Hufflepuff ticket open if you wish to participate.

Outside of that option whypick is correct, tag alongs are not allowed. Not only does it increase the already massive workload the bars will experience it can also cause firecode issues if people just show up and start causing us to bump up against the max capacity of the bar.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • n3rdlinkn3rdlink Detroit, MIRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    I can't believe PAX is this week. I hope that I will be able to make Friday's opening and not too hung over. Bar crawl shirts should be arriving in the mail tomorrow!

Gryffindor OoTP FTW!

n3rdlink on
  • adele822adele822 Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    I can't believe it either, September sounded so far away a few months ago. I just got back from Vegas last Wednesday and the thought of doing the TWDT at the time made me feel kind of ill, but my liver has recovered and I'm ready to go :D

adele822 on
  • n3rdlinkn3rdlink Detroit, MIRegistered User regular
    Yea i just got done moving into a new house so a vacation kind of sounds nice. hopefully things go well during my first PAX.

• industrialgirlindustrialgirl Registered User regular
    iAlex0488 wrote: »
    Hi All! I was a little late to register and missed out. For those who didn't register, is it still ok to tag along? I'm traveling solo to PAX this year and would be nice to hang out with everyone! :-)

Hi I actually have an extra ticket for Slytherin DE, if you want it. I can hand it over to you at the event.

• Draken50Draken50 Registered User regular
    Hey this is my first PAX, and I live in the Seattle area.

I see that tagging along is discouraged, this looks like a lot of fun though, so if something opens up please let me know. I'll try to check my forum account more regularly over the next few days.

• The AviatrixThe Aviatrix Registered User regular
    I've sent a message inquiring about cancelling one of my two tickets.
    There may be a space opening up soon.

x5XpZBK.pngEz7XjRx.pngml9Z6gf.png
  • valdorvaldor Registered User regular
    Draken50 wrote: »
    Hey this is my first PAX, and I live in the Seattle area.

I see that tagging along is discouraged, this looks like a lot of fun though, so if something opens up please let me know. I'll try to check my forum account more regularly over the next few days.

Better than checking the forums is to check the event page as well.

3 time TWDT attendee. One year as House Head Boy and Now Head of House for Slytherin DE.
    4 Year Pax West Attendee
  • iAlexiAlex Registered User regular
    iAlex0488 wrote: »

Hi I actually have an extra ticket for Slytherin DE, if you want it. I can hand it over to you at the event.

Yay, looking forward to joining the team. Thanks so much! I owe you a drink! ;-)

@Draken50
    Hufflepuff OotP just got an open spot!

wWuzwvJ.png
    Thanks, I have registered!

• MalicifantMalicifant Registered User new member
    This is the first time I will be staying in Seattle and I JUST found out about this. I so want to attend this, if anyone has to cancel how can we purchase tickets?

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    If tickets become available they will be listed on the Eventbrite page (linked in the OP)

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
    Malicifant wrote: »
    This is the first time I will be staying in Seattle and I JUST found out about this. I so want to attend this, if anyone has to cancel how can we purchase tickets?

As whypick said, keeping an eye on the Eventbrite page will be the best way to keep a eye on things.

3 time TWDT attendee. One year as House Head Boy and Now Head of House for Slytherin DE.
    4 Year Pax West Attendee
    edited August 2016
    Whypick is now officially the Everything PAX Info Booth Manager <3

And yes, with the TWDT the event's registration is open up until the last minute to allow for last minute walk ins in case space opens up. I'll be @'ing people here in the thread that show interest from this point forward instead of publicly broadcasting the openings in order to give y'all a way better chance now that we're down to the wire.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
    edited August 2016
    My wife and I just finished making wands -- 19 to be exact. They will be available for the suggested donation of $10. All the proceeds will go to Child's Play, and of course, helping your House win the Triwizard Cup!

13lpk047hkq2.jpg

mg0chsulur8j.jpg

dm_magic on
    bn4KEyz.png
  • DarkNutKDDarkNutKD Registered User regular
    Could I please be notified if any spots for Slytherin OotP open up? One of the people in my group of around 8 forgot to sign up. If he gets in we will have to come up with a creative punishment shot for him.

My wife and I just finished making wands -- 19 to be exact. They will be available for the suggested donation of $10. All the proceeds will go to Child's Play, and of course, helping your House win the Triwizard Cup!

13lpk047hkq2.jpg

mg0chsulur8j.jpg

Oh god, I want one. Can I claim one? Please Please Please PleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePlease!!!!!!

4 Year Pax West Attendee
    9dbgpq6nsnbj.jpg
    Oh, hi doggy!

edited August 2016
    @malificent @DarkNutKD

*COUGH COUGH*

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • WalterFWalterF seattleRegistered User regular
    A reminder: you will need muggle money for this event. Please use the converter below if you are unable familiar.

http://www.beyondhogwarts.com/cgi-bin/gringotts.cgi

@malificent @DarkNutKD

Another ticket just opened. Get it fast!

wWuzwvJ.png
  • InitialdorInitialdor Seattle's Carl Registered User regular
    valdor wrote: »
    Carl, besides, the crawl itself, you are one of the things I look forward to at the TWDT. Not sure why, but seeing your cosplay makes me happy.

That quote is from a long way back, but thank you! I'm back on the team this year. Slytherin DE, baby! (Liver is worse for wear, but I should be in decent form tomorrow night.)

2018 West: Badges [x] TWDT [Rclaw TT] Cosplay: Still bald. Still single. Still lovin' it!
    "Fantasy football still counts as fantasy." -DnD Greg
  • SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Having not learned his lesson from all his previous dealings with evil wizards and witches, it appears the the Green Ranger has found himself on the wrong side of the Imperious Curse.
    He shall thus be aiding the Slytherin Death Eaters in their plans to conquer Earth Angel Grove A few bars in Seattle.

• CKingCKing Registered User regular
    *sigh* I'm trying to be hopeful, but I may have to cancel my ticket. Flight was delayed, then changed back to regular time. Unless we make this, who knows what will happen. This vacation has been cursed.

• CKingCKing Registered User regular
    Tickets cancelled y'all. Gryffindor order of the phoenix. Maybe next year. Coming in very early tomorrow morning.

• ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    Just cancelled (2x) Hufflepuff OotP tix, you guys have a blast tonight!

• InitialdorInitialdor Seattle's Carl Registered User regular
    TONIGHT!

2018 West: Badges [x] TWDT [Rclaw TT] Cosplay: Still bald. Still single. Still lovin' it!
    "Fantasy football still counts as fantasy." -DnD Greg
  • acaraba2acaraba2 Tampa, FLRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Edit. Got it to drop. 2 more tickets available for raven claw ootp.

acaraba2 on

jf7bixxxlknz.png

Tonight at Barca until 8pm: Wands for sale! $10 suggested donation! All proceeds go to Child's Play (and the ascension of Slytherin Order of the Phoenix as the most bestest house ever.)

bn4KEyz.png
  • Ragnart17Ragnart17 Oak Harbor, WARegistered User new member

13lpk047hkq2.jpg

mg0chsulur8j.jpg

Please tell me you have some left. Would love to buy one! In hufflepuff de.

Thank you so much for putting this on, it was even more fun than I imagined.

Met a whole bunch awesome people, drank myself stupid(er), and watched the waves of the bay until the buses started back up.

Definitely planning on doing it again next year.

HUFFLEPUFF!

• acaraba2acaraba2 Tampa, FLRegistered User regular
    Thanks for putting this together.

And thanks you to 3 hufflepuffs who got me back to sheraton. Sorry i dont remember your names.

I didn't even get myself onto the bed. And instead just lay down on the floor at soon as hit the room.

jf7bixxxlknz.png

This discussion has been closed.