As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

car wreck

NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
First off. I'm fine, no injuries. This is me typing this stuff while I wait for the tow truck. Hit a fucking deer that literally jumped out of bushes right into my car.
Engine still turns over, no fluids on the ground. I'm at a gas station in town.

Should I be livid right now? Tue only thing running through my head is I hope the fucking deer is dead. Not out of compassion, like godfather," I want it fucking dead!" Dead.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    You didn't check?

Could be missing out on some sweet venison.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    Trust me, I looked for it. Its not there, or even 100yrds from the wreck.

Thatd have been the only decent thing from this, out of season venison.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    As someone who has hit more than his share of deer and totaled one car because of it

it is perfectly normal to be mad at the deer

Fucker could have crossed the road at any time, but chooses the precise moment you're driving by

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Also, if the deer ran into the side of your car it's actually probably in the forest telling it's deer buddies about the jerk that ran into him as you type this.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I've had twice in my life a deer hit and dent the side of my car. The first time it rolled over the top of the car landed on its feet on the other side and continued running.

The second time I saw it coming from quite a distance and had slowed down to, no joke, 5 miles per hour and that fucker still hit my passenger door. Like it was aiming for me.

But to answer your question, nah, let it go. Because the next time it might jump into your windshield at speed and then you'll have fun finding bits of windshield in the air vents a couple years later. This also happened to me. :+1:

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YICF39Eh_w
    ?

I want to say livid is probably a bit much but I have a ridiculously utilitarian view of vehicles so if nothing stopped working I'd probably treat it as an anecdote and not much else.

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Deer are natures version of suicide bombers.

They are also very stupid, a month or two ago, one tried to jump a fence in the neighborhood and managed to impale itself on the top "Hot Fuzz" style.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    Deer are natures version of suicide bombers.

They are also very stupid, a month or two ago, one tried to jump a fence in the neighborhood and managed to impale itself on the top "Hot Fuzz" style.

D:

Related: Are you allowed to mercy-kill such an animal out of season, or do you have to call animal control?

• Options
    washington state.

kill it. gut it. carve it up.
    partially mad i didnt kill it just so i could have some meat for my trouble.
    or at least couldnt find it at 315am in a wooded area of a heavily used state road.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    http://wdfw.wa.gov/hunting/regulations/summary_hunting_dates.html

Bow season opened today. And as everyone knows venisongeance is a dish best served rare, pan seared, with juniper and rosemary.

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    http://wdfw.wa.gov/hunting/regulations/summary_hunting_dates.html

Bow season opened today. And as everyone knows venisongeance is a dish best served rare, pan seared, with juniper and rosemary.

only if you cook it outside

venison is delicious but gawd it smells horrible when you cook it in a pan

While I was growing up for a few months after hunting season my dad used to cook venison steaks for breakfast on the weekends and I would wake up just so I could cover my nose with blankets because ugh

• Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    This probably doesn't help, but maybe it's a little cathartic (if maybe a bit obvious):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln1ucGoPvWk

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    it is perfectly normal to be mad at the car

Fucker could have come down the road at any time, but chooses the precise moment you're running across

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    I swear some deer are honest to god suicidal. I have seen them stand on the roadside looking around without a car coming for 20 or 30 minutes and it finally walked out once a car came over the hill.

Here, have some catharsis

• Options
    edited September 2016
    if only my car could give zero fucks like that carbon fibred machine of justice.

anyways, update... not much.
    had to wait a day and a half for the insurance adjuster to come out to the auto shop and say, "yep. that's an animal hit. go ahead and dismantle the car so we can assess the damage."
    and im like, "dude, I can send you fucking pictures. there is animal hair stuck in crunch spots. I can send pics *with* the auto guy in them to show they were taken now, and not doctored in anyway."

so the auto guys started dismanting on fri-oh wait. its labor day weekend we aint fucking working until tuesday.

needless to say, Im kinda pissed I have to use my mom's ford ranger. I feel like spam in a can in that thing. like I can just about bruce banner it if I tried flexing my arms and legs hard enough... what im saying is i hate my mom's choice in vehicles.

thank god it started raining on wednesday and thursday. I found out she doesn't even have A/C in that thing because it was such a deal at that price when she bought it... >.>
    yes, I understand that we don't have alot of hot weather in the puget sound, but if you didn't realize, 70degrees is fucking hot for puget sound and we just got done with a monster heat wave this summer.

I want my car back.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    What kind of car do you normally drive that a Ford Ranger feels like you could tear it to pieces with your bare hands? An Abrams tank?

• Options
    i drive a nissan sentra. and it is very roomy in the cab.

a4irovn5uqjp.png