As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX West 2016 Information, FAQ, and Q&A Thread (Ask Questions Here!)

123457»

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Medical Badges can be obtained from Will Call in the ticket windows on the first floor of the WSCC. Will Call will be open until 8PM.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • giant_frying_pangiant_frying_pan Registered User regular
    I tried to collect my badges at 7pm but the will call window was closed...!!!

• KelharisKelharis Registered User new member
    What time does will call, or the registration booth at the Hyatt open in the morning? The wife and I will be picking up medical passes.

• SoulRebelSoulRebel Registered User new member
    Does anybody know where the Heroes of the Storm Regional tournament will take place? What stage/building/etc. I know it runs at PAX West starting at 10am, Sept. 2-4 but I don't know the exact location.

Thank you!

• HodurHodur RedmondRegistered User regular
    Anyone know if there will be a Merch booth at the Hyatt again this year? And if so - what are the hours of said merch station?

• evermore904evermore904 Registered User regular
    Any news on swag bags? Are they at the Westin this year again or somewhere else?

• havok978havok978 Baltimore, MdRegistered User regular
    Any news on swag bags? Are they at the Westin this year again or somewhere else?

I believe they are at the Sheraton this year

XyqJPIp.png
  • DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    I tried to collect my badges at 7pm but the will call window was closed...!!!
    Kelharis wrote: »
    What time does will call, or the registration booth at the Hyatt open in the morning? The wife and I will be picking up medical passes.
    Will-Call is open from 8:00am-6:00pm, it's in the tunnel behind the convention center, across from the Express Lanes entrance.
    Hodur wrote: »
    Anyone know if there will be a Merch booth at the Hyatt again this year? And if so - what are the hours of said merch station?
    I can't find times, but:
    "Merch Main will be in its usual spot in the Atrium Lobby. And Merch Lite will have a new, browsable format in the secret caves accessed via the Sheraton lobby."

Aha, found something in a tweet - Merch Lite sales begin at 9:00am

• davobahdavobah Registered User regular
    download the pax guidebook app (iOS, Android). It has maps and schedules of where everything is.

ewk6x7oeylli.png
  • wolfemancswolfemancs Registered User regular
    SoulRebel wrote: »
    Does anybody know where the Heroes of the Storm Regional tournament will take place? What stage/building/etc. I know it runs at PAX West starting at 10am, Sept. 2-4 but I don't know the exact location.

Thank you!

It's at the ESL booth on the 4th floor in the Expo hall.

• oldskoolboarderoldskoolboarder Registered User regular
    Where is Room 605/610 on the 6th floor? For the life of me, I can't figure that out on the map.

• jessealorajessealora Registered User new member
    edited September 2016

**edit: nevermind. Question has been answered**

One of my favorite cosplayers is having a meetup today and I'm wondering if the areas she's holding said meetups are some how in a spot where people without a pass are allowed to go. Does such a place exist? Today she's going to be in front of the 'King of Kills' sign. I didn't realize she was going to be at PAX until passes had already sold out, hence the me asking if there's any chance in hell of me being able to still meet her.

jessealora on
  • Reve NoireReve Noire Registered User regular
    Does anyone know the website where ARK photographer posted the pictures of people riding the dragon or the wyverns are?

• xmenroguexmenrogue Registered User new member
    New to PAX this year...and I've been looking all over for info if you can bring your own water and snacks. I know your bag gets searched, but I don't want to bring things that will end up just getting tossed. Anyone know?

• bacon_avengerbacon_avenger Defender of Pork Products Pacific NW, USARegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    xmenrogue wrote: »
    New to PAX this year...and I've been looking all over for info if you can bring your own water and snacks. I know your bag gets searched, but I don't want to bring things that will end up just getting tossed. Anyone know?

Bags searched? No they don't. I've walked in and out of the convention centre and panels in the hotels hundreds of times and no one has ever searched my bag while at prime.

And my water bottle is hung from the front of my bag, plain as anything. No one has ever stopped me, nor has anyone ever complained about any snack items I may have eaten. I don't think they would care for someone eating something that has a lot of crumbs while in a booth on the floor, but there is at least one food place inside the main hall where I've seen people at eating inside and around the place.

bacon_avenger on
    PAX Prime 2022 Checklist:[ ]Hotel [ ]Time Off [ ]Bobcats [ ]Challenge Coin [ ]Forum Badge
    eIMwu3s.png
  • ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    xmenrogue wrote: »

Yes, you can bring water, food, etc. it's probably best that you do because the convention food options can get pricy.

Food and drink are allowed pretty much everywhere except the Main Theater, because they don't allow food/drink in the concert hall. You'll even find the occasional Cookie Brigade person giving away cookies in exchange for donations.

• Rhea_starstormRhea_starstorm Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    I think I lost a nuka cola bag, some speakers and and an enternal battery pack. Anyone see these/any lost and found i could check?