As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Even Sicker Tat, Brah

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Going to a highly rated tattoo place by me today to have them look it over for me after work. Am very nervous! And excited.

I hate needles and pain but I figure if I can get half a vasectomy before the anesthesia kicks in I can probably do this, right? Right?

:x

Erin The Red on
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Aw looks like o have to come back tomorrow. They needed to redraw the design a bit. But I am excited about getting it done!

• vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Awesome! Can't wait to see how it comes out.

Gotta postpone until post PAX due to scheduling issues. But this will happen! I hope! Haha

• WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    I have an appointment for a new tattoo on Saturday :crackle: :crackle: :crackle: I'm so excited :crackle: :crackle: :crackle: I'm so scared

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Are you getting fireworks whippy?

Or maybe a palm tree?

Both of those are excellent ideas but no

• a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    I want a dumb tattoo. Like a portrait of Paul Krugman. Time to go find someone experienced in portraits.

Number One Tricky
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »
    Both of those are excellent ideas but no
    What about a palm tree with fireworks?

sig.gif
    edited August 2016
    I realllllly want another iconography tattoo on my inner bicep, but I can't decide the style. I wanted it to tie-in to my Native American tribe tattoo but I've not been able to decide on a design yet. I wanted it more abstract so I was thinking of deconstructing a dreamcatcher and rearranging the shapes into an interesting design, but so far my designs have come up lacking. Maybe I'll actually give the idea to my tattoo guy and let him run with it. I usually like to mostly plan mine out but getting someone else's idea could be cool too.

I also think I'll do a watercolor-ish style tattoo on my other inner bicep by my solar system tattoo. Give it sort of a space/nebula sort of feel to tie-in to the tattoo.

Whippy - the anticipation is hurting...what is your tattoo going to be?!
    Or are you just going to drop it on us with a picture when you are done?

vamen on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited August 2016
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Also it's kinda funny to me now that I have a red lion tattoo and also a Keith av/sig

um excuse me but I don't wear red; it clashes with my skin tone

Garlic Bread on
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Hello, not sure if this is the best place or I should make an H&A thread, but looking for artist recommendation.

Chicago area, wife wants to recolor and expand the small (2 in-ish) rose on her ankle. Just looking to refresh the color and add some vines/leaves to fill it out a little more. Nothing crazy but I assume it's trickier to add to an existing than starting fresh? Thanks!

• Mysterious FoxMysterious Fox Registered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    Hello, not sure if this is the best place or I should make an H&A thread, but looking for artist recommendation.

Chicago area, wife wants to recolor and expand the small (2 in-ish) rose on her ankle. Just looking to refresh the color and add some vines/leaves to fill it out a little more. Nothing crazy but I assume it's trickier to add to an existing than starting fresh? Thanks!

I'm not actually from the area, but both greatlakestattoo.com/ and familytattoochicago.com/home.html are pretty well regarded.

• mcpmcp Registered User regular

I get all my work done at True Blue Tattoo.

2523 W North Ave, Chicago, IL 60647

It's on Western and North, basically.

For flowers and things, I'd recommend Creamy. He's awesome at that stuff.

Really great group of people.

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Guys, I have an appointment to get my very first tattoo. I have an appointment in November with Little Linda and because I'm a tremendous dorkling it's just going to be this symbol in black. Pretty excited about it!

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular

I'm not actually from the area, but both greatlakestattoo.com/ and familytattoochicago.com/home.html are pretty well regarded.
    Thanks, and to mcp! Love to hear of others as well.

Cambiata wrote: »
    Guys, I have an appointment to get my very first tattoo. I have an appointment in November with Little Linda and because I'm a tremendous dorkling it's just going to be this symbol in black. Pretty excited about it!

Awesome, can't wait to see it!

Getting an abstract bit done on my inner bicep today to tie in with my solar system tattoo on my outer bicep. Giving my tattoo artist free reign on what he does so I'm eager to see what he does.

Thanks, and to mcp! Love to hear of others as well.
    Metamorph does some really rad work. I've never had anything done there, but have met a couple people that work there and they were cool dudes. My artist worked there for a minute back in the day, I think.

They're on Milwaukee and Northish. I think it's pretty close to a bar called Crocodile. It's awesome, you get a free cheese pizza with every drink order. Not the most amazing pizza, but still free food when you're drunk.

So, get tattooed and then get drinks and free pizza.

• CampyCampy Registered User regular
    After a long hiatus, I've got some more time booked in for Friday. Only a short slot, but it's probably a good thing due to the horrendous comedown from this weekend. Plus it's all gonna be rib and side-belly work, which would be agony normally.

Wish me luck!

• SkuntySkunty Registered User regular
    Booked for the next part of my lower leg sleeve next week. Erryone post pics, I want to see all the PA peeps tatts.

• chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Fine, but someone else better do this, too. One of my two, just recorded a few days ago by the artist.

chamberlain on
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • SkuntySkunty Registered User regular
    My artist would love that dot work.

I've posted mine up before in the previous thread, I'll stick it up again tomorrow post-needling.

• chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    How many more visits before yours is done? It seems like you have been working on it for years.

About a year and a half so far I think? It's been a good few months since I've had any done.

Hard to say exactly, but there's probably a good 20 hours left I reckon. Still got a whole alligator head to line on my back shoulder, plus all the neck and such to go along with it and then a shit ton of colouring/shading all down my ribs and belly.

My chest immediately after the last season, so it's RED AND ANGRY.
    wqvdm7zol2uv.jpg

Have one more to go, then touch ups.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Way to one up everyone here mcp.

Mcp.

More like mvp.

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Holy craaaapppppppppballs that's amazing.

I've got a Korean artist I'm currently OB-sessed with, and I'm going to message them to see if I can get an appointment for pretty much any blackwork they want to put on me. The problem is my Korean is hella rusty so I want to make sure I get the message right before sending.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
    edited September 2016
    My tattoo artist was really shitty to me about my piece and what I wanted so I bailed on it and have been super depressed all week

Whippy on
  • AngelinaAngelina Registered User regular
    My tattoo artist was really shitty to me about my piece and what I wanted so I bailed on it and have been super depressed all week

That's awful, boo to them! Hope you find someone else who appreciates it.

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Yeah.

Unless you wanted to do a windmill
    118.jpg
    or a maze
    k0Xyg.jpg

My first attempt at a session also went super well and ended up getting nothing done. They were the only person I'd found in years who's style I really liked though, so I had to suck it up and blow a bit of hot air up their butt.

We get along fine now though!

What particularly was a sticking point with them? Could be that they had a good point to make, but were just shitty about making it.

Fuck them!

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Blake T wrote: »

Fuck them!

I'll do it

There hero we need Keith.

Not the one we deserve.

Sat waiting listening to buzzing sounds. Uber nervous this time round! Eeep!

• belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    So I've been fiddling with designs. I do not have my a tattoo yet. Of course I'm scared of pain. I'm 35 and I've never really been into liking anything enough to want something permanent. But My mom died 10 years ago... holy shit. today. Well, anyways She had a favorite quote. It's probably too much, but I've been thinking about it alot. However, it's by a french guy and I was thinking it would be cool to get it in french, but I don't speak french.

"I speak the truth, not as much as I would, but as much as I dare and I dare a little more as I grow older."

As predicted, that was fucking horrible.

Small price to pay for a nuclear powered bear though <3