As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Legion: Kingdoms are being burnt

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    The multiple timers are related to their sharding tech used for Legion that dynamically adds new instances to the open world to deal with latency.

You'll get timers for all the shards in your area, I believe.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I looked around and couldn't find one...I guess there's no general AH in new Dalaran?

Plenty of portals to places that do have AHs though.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    There was a blue post that they're considering adding the engineering AH to this version of Dalaran.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    I looked around and couldn't find one...I guess there's no general AH in new Dalaran?

Plenty of portals to places that do have AHs though.

True, so many portals now.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    that, and all you can really do before 110 is get the class hall campaign missions done (and maybe not even all of those, probably depends on what champs you start with.) All I've really done with my alts so far is get to their class hall and get their rested exp cooking.

Well, if your playing slowly at least. I hit 110 on the second day, and im running into all kinds of time sinks during the campaign questline (class hall). For instance, early on I had to do 5 8-12 hour mission quests, by the time i finished those, i was 110, and moved on with the questline, then hit another 5 missions that so far are 24 hours each. I really regret not taking the shorter mission tier talent.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Ended up buying Legion last night and boosting my first Horde character ever (Tauren Druid) to 100. Those Legion opening cinematics don't fuck around, do they? Though I will say I'm more than a little lost given I only have a passing familiarity with the big horde characters apparently.

Two completely unrelated questions -

1. Did they break/remove titles on purpose? I can't see mine or anyone else's above their heads, and I don't see an option anywhere for turning them on or off. I liked titles :?
    2. Does anyone have a good actionbar mod recommendation for something where you can set bars to be stance-specific? The default actionbars are woefully inadequate for druids.

Lots of features were moved into the options > interface settings. but then again, the best ones are going to come from add-ons.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    I was going to do Stormheim second, but all of my profession quests were telling me to go to Aszuna.

So far it's like a grown up version of Vanilla Ashzara with the NElf Ruins, NElf ghosts, Naga and Blue Dragons

• Options

And I've been coming across mobs that have a ! on their nameplate, but they aren't part of the quests I'm on (there's a few outside of Black Rook Hold, for example). Are those for World Quests?

the ! mobs usually turn out to be quests you dont have yet, or if you kill them sometimes they drop a quest item.

• Options
    drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    Well, I did it. I hit 110 on my Warrior. If anyone needs a tank for some fungeons at some point, or even a DPS. Just give me a shout out on the Discord. Now it's time to clean up some quests and get some rep.

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • Options
    azith28 wrote: »

And I've been coming across mobs that have a ! on their nameplate, but they aren't part of the quests I'm on (there's a few outside of Black Rook Hold, for example). Are those for World Quests?

the ! mobs usually turn out to be quests you dont have yet, or if you kill them sometimes they drop a quest item.

That seems kind of bad design...kill a mob and get a quest item...or kill it again later when it "counts". And you don't know which until after the fact.

And I "finished" Val'sharah. So they aren't necessary for that at least.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I made around 2k gold on my druid last night just circling azsuna for herb/mining stuff and then selling it all. I think I'll be doing a lot of that. Priest is 106 should really get them to 110 first I guess.

Also really want that fishing artifact!

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Ended up buying Legion last night and boosting my first Horde character ever (Tauren Druid) to 100. Those Legion opening cinematics don't fuck around, do they? Though I will say I'm more than a little lost given I only have a passing familiarity with the big horde characters apparently.

1. Did they break/remove titles on purpose? I can't see mine or anyone else's above their heads, and I don't see an option anywhere for turning them on or off. I liked titles :?
    2. Does anyone have a good actionbar mod recommendation for something where you can set bars to be stance-specific? The default actionbars are woefully inadequate for druids.

Titles are working for me. Do you not see player names at all, or just their titles? If you don't see anything, go to interface --> Names and be sure the box for "Friendly Players" is checked. Otherwise I don't know what's going on there for you.

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    The multiple timers are related to their sharding tech used for Legion that dynamically adds new instances to the open world to deal with latency.

You'll get timers for all the shards in your area, I believe.

It used to list the different shutdown timers for the world server and the instance servers, which were usually about 5 minutes apart. With the the new sharding tech, it kinda just says "Server" instead.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    azith28 wrote: »

That seems kind of bad design...kill a mob and get a quest item...or kill it again later when it "counts". And you don't know which until after the fact.

And I "finished" Val'sharah. So they aren't necessary for that at least.

A lot of them actually are for world quests. Only sometimes are they quest item drops, usually the fact that they're big and scary means that they're world quest monsters. I got caught out a lot on beta by spending a lot of time killing them and getting nothing, it's a little annoying.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »

Titles are working for me. Do you not see player names at all, or just their titles? If you don't see anything, go to interface --> Names and be sure the box for "Friendly Players" is checked. Otherwise I don't know what's going on there for you.

I don't see player titles (e.g. "the Patient") above my or anyone else's heads, just player names and guild names. I can see my title in the character pane, but that's it.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    How useful is fishing in this expansion? Like I'm heavily considering just running around and hitting schools of fish for the weekend if the fish is sufficiently needed. It went from "absolutely vital because feasts" in MoP, to "meh" in WoD.

• Options
    Seems to be needed for an early engineer quest. And there's a whole fishing artifact so I'm hopeful.

• Options
    OrestusOrestus Registered User regular
    I just have to say...wtf happened to the economy in the last year or so of the game. I stopped playing about 6 months after WoD released and started again w/ legion, last night I sold 65 Leystone Ore for 12k gold. It is really hard for me to keep motivation for playing and leveling rather than just hanging out in the cave w/ the worms in Azsuna where you can mine the mobs for ore after they die.

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    O_O

what

edit: did you mean 1.2k? because that's much more reasonable and closer to what I was seeing

also what you're seeing is not really typical, i think. Brand new expansion and people really need resources right now for all the new stuff

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    WoD garrisons free ore and herbs got a lot of folks to switch to double crafting. Distinct lack of gatherers + new expansion (no stockpiles of materials) + no garrison freebies = inflated prices.

Smrtnik on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    O_O

what

edit: did you mean 1.2k? because that's much more reasonable and closer to what I was seeing

also what you're seeing is not really typical, i think. Brand new expansion and people really need resources right now for all the new stuff

No, I meant 12k. I couldn't believe it either...I saw tons of fairly high prices for individual pieces on the AH (70-80g) so I figured maybe someone would be lazy/rich enough, but was still shocked when it sold.

• Options
    Welcome to the economy of the first week of a new expansion. I suggest you also check prices on the new Tomes.

I know a guy who did nothing but fish the first week of MoP. You can guess how that ended up for him.

It's not uncommon to see 12k as an actual number for just selling ore. Most people are focused on leveling, and so the ones who care about getting their professions up (and don't have a gatherer) are willing to spend the gold to "just get there."

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Irony: The thing that most people stockpile for a new expansion is Gold. It is also the one thing guaranteed to have diminished value as the game progresses.

This expansion will be very interesting for professions. A significant amount of people were able to set their crafting alts up at L100 thanks to Invasions. What isn't clear (at least to me) is how much of Legion those same alts have to progress through before they can be set up to happily craft away again. If it doesn't require 110 for anything considered vital, then more crafting alts can be useful, faster.

The two areas where crafting alts tend to find the most value is any "natural" bottlenecks (i.e. others need X item for a quest [best example is the capacitors from that quest in Borean Tundra]), or anything considered consumable (best example this expansion is all the bracers). Consumables are the main reasons that Alchemists, Enchanters, and Jewelcrafters were so valuable in the past. I purposefully didn't do much profession research going into this expansion, so I don't know if those traditional professions are still marginalized like they were in WoD, or if people actually care about them again.

Inscription has always had glyphs in their various forms. The profession is also unique because early in an expansion DMF cards and trinkets can demand high prices (generally, the first raid tier and sometimes the second tier as well). However, those same trinkets fall off a cliff value-wise as soon as better or comparable trinkets become available. Inscription also has Tomes this expansion, which are consumables that EVERYONE needs and should sell at reasonable prices throughout the expansion, simply because demand will stay high. (Fun fact: I was selling Tomes from my mammoth vendor on the AH through most of MoP; and would get anywhere from a few gold to 15-20g per tome)

Mugsley on
  • Options
    antheremantherem Registered User regular
    Guildie ran into an issue with the Druid class hall quests, any ideas?
    Did all of the level 101 stuff, finished Val'Sharah, dinged 103, there's no quest in either Dalaran or their class hall, so they can't advance the class campaign/get the second set of followers/get the level 2 troops.
    My thought was that maybe there's a dumb breadcrumb that you can get at level 101 but leads to a level 103 thing, but no idea where since I'm not a druid

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    antherem wrote: »
    Did all of the level 101 stuff, finished Val'Sharah, dinged 103, there's no quest in either Dalaran or their class hall, so they can't advance the class campaign/get the second set of followers/get the level 2 troops.
    My thought was that maybe there's a dumb breadcrumb that you can get at level 101 but leads to a level 103 thing, but no idea where since I'm not a druid

I may have that as well the only troops I have at 103 are the treants and there are no quests in dalaran or the grove other than the one to grab the rest of the artifact weapons.

• Options
    kaid wrote: »
    antherem wrote: »

I may have that as well the only troops I have at 103 are the treants and there are no quests in dalaran or the grove other than the one to grab the rest of the artifact weapons.

Sonofabitch okay thats the problem. The guy who gives the next quest is the same guy who gives the artifact stuff. So he always has the orange ! unless you have gotten all the four artifacts. So I guess your friend and I both need to go check that goober tonight.

• Options
    I just got one to go help Broll Bearmantle. Only 2 followers + Treants. And I haven't run my 2nd Artifact quest yet. I'm like two-thirds or so through 103, I think.

• Options
    Apparently check with the guy who grants the quests for artifacts at 103 he also apparently offers the next order hall campaign quest and due to always having the orange ! easy to miss it I was just ignoring him because I did not want to bother with the other two artifact intros yet.

• Options
    I just got one to go help Broll Bearmantle. Only 2 followers + Treants. And I haven't run my 2nd Artifact quest yet. I'm like two-thirds or so through 103, I think.

This is the one you want, should lead to 2 more followers, new set of troops, and then follow on quests at that involve needing to do some follower missions to progress.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Orestus wrote: »
    O_O

what

No, I meant 12k. I couldn't believe it either...I saw tons of fairly high prices for individual pieces on the AH (70-80g) so I figured maybe someone would be lazy/rich enough, but was still shocked when it sold.

This happened in every xpac before WoD, too. I spend all of my gold leveling Engineering and Jewelcrafting in Cataclysm because I did it at launch when things cost about 10x as much.

Prices will go down as market saturation increases, and also as people get the shoulder enchants that give you mats.

• Options
    3clipse wrote: »
    and also as people get the shoulder enchants that give you mats.

HOLY FUCK LEAVE GATHERING ALONE BLIZZARD

• Options
    O_O

what

Thats a bit high, but not completely crazy. You have tons of people that have been making crazy money from missions for 8 months and nothing to spend it on. I'm seeing herbs for about 500g per 20 (and these are the most common ones).

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    So I decided I was going to try leveling ret because holy doesn't get an interrupt and ashbringer is cool looking, and I honestly felt it was weaker than holy. Could be because I've leveled the silver hand more than ashbringer (though I level they aren't that far off) but I switched back to holy. Also I get to feel more unique since most pallys I see are ashbringer or tanks, but rarely are they swinging real steel.

Also so glad I decided to do stormheim first got to a part this morning that was awesome as hell.

You get sent to valkyr hell and run across an ursula looking god and have to make a deal to get out, it was awesome.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    and also as people get the shoulder enchants that give you mats.

HOLY FUCK LEAVE GATHERING ALONE BLIZZARD

I don't know why they haven't converted the gathering professions to secondaries yet. Warlords and now Legion make it clear that they realize most people want to do double crafting if they can.

• Options
    Healed my first instance last night, I think it was the one that links up with highmount? So I had no idea the story there, but the bosses were cool, only had two deaths, both times a DH because they are the new rogues I guess.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    O_O

what

This happened in every xpac before WoD, too. I spend all of my gold leveling Engineering and Jewelcrafting in Cataclysm because I did it at launch when things cost about 10x as much.

Prices will go down as market saturation increases, and also as people get the shoulder enchants that give you mats.

I made about 10k buying cheap greens, disenchanting them, then reposting mats.

It's REALLY hard to leave town sometimes.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    Yeah I'm torn between finishing my Priest levelling (At 106 right now) or continuing to do laps on my druid getting both XP and a crap ton of cash.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    This makes me tempted to move some of my alts to Dalaran to start collecting tradeskill junk to sell :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Oh public service announcement from skinners. I am okay if you multitap to get some xp and quest credit. But for the love of god loot the bodies so we can skin stuff.

• Options
    kaid wrote: »
    Oh public service announcement from skinners. I am okay if you multitap to get some xp and quest credit. But for the love of god loot the bodies so we can skin stuff.

This goes for miners too since mining living creatures now actually gives ore instead of random shit.

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.