As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Legion: Kingdoms are being burnt

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Has anyone theorycrafted the maximum time you could keep the Boomkin Sky Laser going?

• MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    Whoever put non-PvP quests in a free for all PvP area should be fired.

I'm curious, what quests actually send you down there, specifically? I've only had one (Rogue), and it technically told me to just outside of the area.

• MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Melkster wrote: »

I'm curious, what quests actually send you down there, specifically? I've only had one (Rogue), and it technically told me to just outside of the area.

There's a Leatherworker quest down there.

And on my mage I had some weirdness with waypoints that made it look like I needed to go down there.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

I had a jewelcrafting quest send me down into that. I'm told I could get a bodyguard for 5g, but the bodyguard had no interaction options that I could see. So I went down, hoping that it meant that the area was safe.

It wasn't.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.

I had a jewelcrafting quest send me down into that. I'm told I could get a bodyguard for 5g, but the bodyguard had no interaction options that I could see. So I went down, hoping that it meant that the area was safe.

It wasn't.

My bodyguard followed me around, and people seemed to leave me alone.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    you need to talk to the captain of the guard in the area to get a bodyguard, if you were trying to talk to a bodyguard you were trying to talk to someone else's bodyguard

liEt3nH.png
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    @Aegis don't forget about your flight master whistle for returning to flight points.

Goddamnit.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • msh1283msh1283 Registered User regular
    Returning vanilla player here...would love to get in the Discord channel, but the invite from earlier in the thread seems to have expired. Any chance I could get one, please?

msh1283 wrote: »
    Returning vanilla player here...would love to get in the Discord channel, but the invite from earlier in the thread seems to have expired. Any chance I could get one, please?

Use this.

https://discord.gg/5FRhF

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    The Dalaran underbelly free for all PVP isn't always active. Unfortunately, it always seems to get activated not long a minute or two after I go down into that pit area. The guards all "take a break" and suddenly all player names turn red.

Apparently if you have a bodyguard, you don't get flagged for PVP...but if he gets killed by a player, you get flagged.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Its activated by players.

• danxdanx Registered User regular
    When did they change lifebloom to bloom if you refresh in pandemic range? 7.0? I noticed it just now playing around with healing in a 5 man.

• StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    106 and frankly I'm just not enjoying leveling that much this expansion. Can't put my finger on it.

I also apparently *SUCK* at Disc healing, so I guess that artifact power was wasted. Time to go back to holy and level disc or shadow I guess.

• Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    Protein Warrior is so much fun.
    Ignore Pain just feels absurdly powerful.

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular

Doesn't that just make the quest into a PvP quest?

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Grape Ape wrote: »
    Protein Warrior is so much fun.
    Ignore Pain just feels absurdly powerful.

Mmm protein

steam_sig.png
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Ignore Pain is going to be a roller coaster skill. It's very powerful early in the expansion, I think it's going to see a dip in power as we get in to raiding, but will become really strong again when Warrior's have enough mastery to be block monsters.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    There's a mount I've seen around that's pretty cool and my limited searching hasn't turned up anything-it's a raptor but it has light green flames around what looks like its neck and stuff. Looks real rad. Is that a mount I can get or is that some shaman thing, after all-I saw two characters with it and both were shaman.

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    danx wrote: »
    When did they change lifebloom to bloom if you refresh in pandemic range? 7.0? I noticed it just now playing around with healing in a 5 man.

Yes, that's new with 7.0. Since they took away the ability to refresh it with direct heals, if they didn't make it bloom in pandemic range then you'd be incentivized to let it drop for a fraction of a second to get the bloom. There was already a Glyph setup in 6.0 that did basically that.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Full Moon will now always deal full damage to the primary target. Damage is reduced for secondary targets.

Did...did they buff Full Moon? I think this is a buff for Full Moon in situations where you want to single target a main dude and do incidental splash to other people.

Edit:
    The Druid quest “Focusing the Energies” will no longer consume all Blood of Sargeras in your inventory.

This happened to me the other day :(

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    ok now I have not picked a boosted character but seeing who I can do and what spec I can get.
    I find it kind of I don't know forced that it will not let me pick protection on my blood elf warrior but it gives me mining, blacksmithing and first aid for free which she does not have anything in so hmm

• DrHookensteinDrHookenstein Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »

Yes, that's new with 7.0. Since they took away the ability to refresh it with direct heals, if they didn't make it bloom in pandemic range then you'd be incentivized to let it drop for a fraction of a second to get the bloom. There was already a Glyph setup in 6.0 that did basically that.

I tried google searching and wowhead searching for this Pandemic thing you're talking about, but can't find it (some DK thing comes up instead). Is this a new mechanic? It seems like you're suggesting that at some point in LB's duration you can refresh it but it still blooms anyway?

"He piled upon the whale's white hump the sum of all the general rage and hate felt by his whole race from Adam down; and then, as if his chest had been a mortar, he burst his hot heart's shell upon it." -Moby Dick
    edited September 2016
    Opty wrote: »

I tried google searching and wowhead searching for this Pandemic thing you're talking about, but can't find it (some DK thing comes up instead). Is this a new mechanic? It seems like you're suggesting that at some point in LB's duration you can refresh it but it still blooms anyway?

It's called Pandemic due to a Warlock ability in MoP by that name introducing the concept and it was expanded to all HoTs/DoTs in WoD. I don't know if it has an official mechanic name outside of just being how HoTs/DoTs work now, unfortunately. The way it works is when you refresh a HoT/DoT, up to 30% of the remaining time on the current HoT/DoT is kept in addition to the full duration of the HoT/DoT. So if your HoT/DoT lasts 10 seconds normally and you refresh it any time after there being 3 seconds left, 100% of that remaining time will be added to the new HoT/DoT so there's no gaps where the HoT/DoT was not there and you're not losing any time. If you cast the same 10s HoT/DoT when there's 5 seconds left you'll end up with a 13s HoT/DoT as the length addition caps at 30%, meaning you lost 2 seconds of time. So, any HoTs/DoTs should be refreshed anywhere within that last 30% of their duration to maximize duration and minimize loss.

In the case of Lifebloom, the bloom makes up half of its healing now so the correct way to handle Lifebloom would have been to let it bloom rather than refresh it. If that was the case then it'd have been a HoT that worked differently from all other HoTs and would have been a trap for unaware Resto druids. But they can't make the bloom trigger every time you refresh the HoT because again it's half of its healing, so having an instant spammable heal like that would be harmful. They went with making it only bloom during the pandemic window as a compromise.

Opty on
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I hit level 110 last night and now I have so many more quests available to me. In fact, I briefly ran out of space in my quest log (and why the hell did they remove the quest counter? Maybe i can find an addon to fix that) due to the fact that I had 5 Darkmoon Faire items drop for me in the two instances I've been to and I stupidly activated them. Oh well, tomorrow I can get them out of my quest log.

I have about 11 on my priest just because I am leveling him doing dungeons because of the lack of dps on holy
    They drop like candy for him

• MasterOfPupetsMasterOfPupets Registered User regular
    Hit 110 last night. I had barely started Stormheim... If you do bonus areas as you level, you hit 110 plenty early.

The druid class hall quest is kind of annoying me with it's artificial time gates. Having to do the 5 "Finding the Keepers" missions, not having to do 10 Nightmare Shards...

XBL = MoP54
    PSN = PessimistMaximus
    camo_sig2.png
  • MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Ugh. They need Master Plan: Legion.

Also I'm still thoroughly confused on order hall and artifact stuffs, but I'm working through it. Example: was messing around with the items you put in the slots at the top, not realizing that if you replace one, the item previously in the slot gets consumed.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    artifact relics should be treated like gem slots on other types of gear.

Javen on
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    edited September 2016

EDIT, wow, that's what I get for forum browsing while on cutscenes and such.

At this point, I've gone though all of the Mage and Paladin artifact quests, and got a least one artifact on a Rogue, Warrior, Death Knight, and Hunter. I've cleared through the Azsuna zone. My highest level character is 103. Slow and casual is how I'm doing this expansion, probably.

The coolest questline to get an artifact so far goes to the Retribution Paladin. It led to one of my favorite fights in the game, from a lore perspective. Of course that character would be the last boss in that quest line, and I doubt that we've seen the last of them.

The coolest order hall goes to the Death Knights. Also, the coolest location for a Hall. This was another "oh, of course that's what they did. Makes sense."

Questing is good, though maybe a little short of WoD questing.

Just doing the Azsuna questlines, one of the very first quests you get covers the "female character gets corrupted and needs to be killed" checkbox. So that's nice. I'm tempted to count the corrupted characters as I go.

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Just doing the Azsuna questlines, one of the very first quests you get covers the "female character gets corrupted and needs to be killed" checkbox. So that's nice. I'm tempted to count the corrupted characters as I go.

There's another in Val'Sharrah, so there you go.

Mugsley wrote: »

There's another in Val'Sharrah, so there you go.

But that one is just sad I feel and I am curious what happens next

• MasterOfPupetsMasterOfPupets Registered User regular
    So, Artifact Knowledge... 4 days per WO for everyone else?

XBL = MoP54
    PSN = PessimistMaximus
    camo_sig2.png
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular

It should be 5

• Slayer of DreamsSlayer of Dreams Registered User regular

Yes, this is the time constraint on ramping up the AP gains that turn obscene later on with the increases.

Steam: Slayer of Dreams / BladeCruiser / (EHJ)BooletProof
    R*SC: BladeCruiser
    Check out my GTAV-PC custom race tracks inspired by real life racing circuits!
  • KeemossiKeemossi Registered User regular
    All mythic dungeons (besides the Suramar ones) done for the week, class hall campaign just waiting for the last mission to complete, current world quests done, profession quests done, obliterum forge unlocked.. pretty much set for now. Free to try out the new PoE content patch! :P

Saw this picture on reddit, and that's pretty much the exact description of the horror that is Eye of Azshara with a hunter in the group. Legion should've just recruited those birds, Azeroth wouldn't have stood a chance.

And I'm playing without Rushing Jade Wind, which makes picking up random pulls incredibly frustrating. Special Delivery's animation is just too fun to give up.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    If you started on Wednesday it was five days, so you've got that going for you

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    I've done 1 zone, 1 other hub, the first class order quest, and 1 dungeon, along with some gathering on the way.

...I'm at 104 already.

• CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    So, since I wasn't around for the 90 to 100 (skipped warlords) leveling, about how long would it take to do? Wondering if the time investment is minimal or if I should just boost.

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    artifact relics should be treated like gem slots on other types of gear.

This is literally what the game does, to the point of relics being in the gems part of the AH.

This discussion has been closed.