As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Legion: Kingdoms are being burnt

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Crayon wrote: »
    So, since I wasn't around for the 90 to 100 (skipped warlords) leveling, about how long would it take to do? Wondering if the time investment is minimal or if I should just boost.

Minimal

steam_sig.png
  • CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    So, since I wasn't around for the 90 to 100 (skipped warlords) leveling, about how long would it take to do? Wondering if the time investment is minimal or if I should just boost.

Minimal

Can I have that in a measurement of actual time?

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

Minimal

I think that before the Legion events made everything easy, it was taking me about eight to ten hours. But that was in full heirlooms, with rested XP most of the way, and having a good idea about what I was doing.

Using RDF would probably take eight to ten hours if you tank or heal.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
    Thanks. If it were 6 or so I'd be fine, but yeah-think I'm just gonna boost him.

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular

Minimal

They say it can be about 1 hour per level at its base, but there are MANY factors that can change that. Just using the pots in the garrison (and you should, because the resources are useless for anything else) reduces it a bunch. If you manage to get any crafted gear at 101 that speeds it up too. If you plotted out a path taking advantage of the bonus objective on the maps, this reduces it a lot as well.

If you have any gold, it is possible to do it in like 2 hours. You can buy a few of those exp pots and there is a bonus objective path you can take on a few maps where you almost complete them but dont, get a decent list of completed quests that all turn in at one guy, then blow through it all in like 30 mins and you are 100. But if you skipped WoD its likely you don't have that much gold.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I'm up to 108... guess I should grind out those last two levels today :P I ended up taking a detour to get my Druid her artifact which was pretty neat. Basically so I could herb with her (yay, Sky Golem you are useful on my druid for once!) since my Rogue class quest needed 20 of those Azsune herbs and fuck spending 200+g on AH for that shit (but yes to selling excess herbs for that price! :D)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Now I wish I had worked on my gathering skills :(

• LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    The rare gathering stuff is really expensive right now. Infernal Brimstone, Felwort, and Felhide seem to only come from a world quest on a 3 day cooldown.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    The rare gathering stuff is really expensive right now. Infernal Brimstone, Felwort, and Felhide seem to only come from a world quest on a 3 day cooldown.

The WQ spawns for those are pretty random. In the beta I went days without getting any, then would get multiple in the same day.

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm really attached to Engineering so I'd hate to lose that on my Priest (Jeeves and all that) but alchemy seems like a good money maker usually, selling flasks. But the idea of being able to gather on my main too is very tempting. Anyone vouch for this being a good or terrible idea? So conflicted.

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    I did my first dungeon with ignore pain. It is as hilarious as you would expect. And that is without the shield points and either indomitable or never surrender as it feels that best served cold is better for leveling.

• BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Yeah I'm really attached to Engineering so I'd hate to lose that on my Priest (Jeeves and all that) but alchemy seems like a good money maker usually, selling flasks. But the idea of being able to gather on my main too is very tempting. Anyone vouch for this being a good or terrible idea? So conflicted.

I have a character that is dedicated to gathering. She has Mining and Herbalism. It works out well :)

Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Ended up going back to WRA instead of playing with the people on Cho'gall or Dark Iron, because PvP servers are cancerous even though those people were nice.

Think I'm going to turn the guild I made so I could control tabard colors for transmogs into a real guild. Not for any goal, just so I can put together a group of people to talk to that aren't the lunatics in General/Trade/LFG.

There have to be some people out there who just want to hang out and run stuff with other people under a firm rule of "Don't be a dick", right?

I'll have to decide things like "oppressive liberal echo chamber" vs. "no political/religious/otherwise contentious discussion allowed" before I start recruiting, though.

Wyrmrest Accord-US Alliance if anyone cares (PVE-RP server).

Edit: Honestly, I'd just sit in the Discord and call that good enough, but the Discord app has been beating my CPU bloody recently. Like 30% usage when it's just sitting there idle.

Kamar on
  • xiearsxiears It isn't sexual Strictly confectionalRegistered User regular
    Finally bought Legion, played through most of the Demon Hunter starting zone, was pretty damn good.

Trying to decide if I should boost a hunter or a mage. Seemingly Mage is more fun to play this expansion? I've yet to try a pet class yet though.

steam_sig.png
    Fire Mages are getting near universal praise for how fun they are to play right now, and I enjoyed Frost. Didn't look too much at Arcane, it didn't really interest me.

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    All this Fire Mage talk...and then I see mine is at level 60. :(

• gavindelgavindel The reason all your software is brokenRegistered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Fire Mages are getting near universal praise for how fun they are to play right now, and I enjoyed Frost. Didn't look too much at Arcane, it didn't really interest me.

Fire, also known as "how many crits can I crit in a critcal chain?" With the phoenixes from artifact, 2x flame blast, the 2x flame blast recharge, and the talent to always crit above 85%, I've easily broken 10 crits straight.

Book - Royal road - Free! Seraphim === TTRPG - Wuxia - Free! Seln Alora
    Kamar wrote: »
    Ended up going back to WRA instead of playing with the people on Cho'gall or Dark Iron, because PvP servers are cancerous even though those people were nice.

Think I'm going to turn the guild I made so I could control tabard colors for transmogs into a real guild. Not for any goal, just so I can put together a group of people to talk to that aren't the lunatics in General/Trade/LFG.

There have to be some people out there who just want to hang out and run stuff with other people under a firm rule of "Don't be a dick", right?

I'll have to decide things like "oppressive liberal echo chamber" vs. "no political/religious/otherwise contentious discussion allowed" before I start recruiting, though.

Wyrmrest Accord-US Alliance if anyone cares (PVE-RP server).

Edit: Honestly, I'd just sit in the Discord and call that good enough, but the Discord app has been beating my CPU bloody recently. Like 30% usage when it's just sitting there idle.

I'd honestly be down if we could get a few people tpgether to do dungeons and raids. I'd kind of like a pure PA team. My main is a tank, but thinking of leveling my resto shaman also.

A server transfer is, what-like $20?

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Thanks. If it were 6 or so I'd be fine, but yeah-think I'm just gonna boost him.

Seems like a giant waste, but it's your $60 so...

steam_sig.png
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    They're really looking to make sure we have stuff to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxiofX97_G0

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Hit 110 today, then took some deviations to finish up my last quest meta (Val'sharah) and to do quests for my class campaign until I hitted the wall of missions again.

How do you people rate the first four zones? In my opinion: Highmountain = Val'sharah > Stormheim > Azsuna. I loved every part of Highmountain and Val'sharah, Stormheim and Azsuna have annoying bits that kind of soured them, but they are still solid:
    Stormheim has the Hellheim section. Cool idea, bad execution. Is a dark, laggy, overcrowded quest hub and the Light have mercy for those playing through it on a PvP server. Also, and this is my opinion, the Vykrul and their Pantheon are pricks so I don't care too much about Sylvannas trying to fuck with them.

Azsuna had those stupid pirate quests at the end of the meta. They were boring, uninteresting and they felt like filler. People talk about the blue dragons bit, and that was cool, but I liked the Farondis quest chain more. Felt more involved (well duh, is how you get the Pillar), and watching Farondis stand up and refusing to kneel to Queen Azhara despite everybody giving him shit for it was awesome.

TryCatcher wrote: »
    Hit 110 today, then took some deviations to finish up my last quest meta (Val'sharah) and to do quests for my class campaign until I hitted the wall of missions again.

How do you people rate the first four zones? In my opinion: Highmountain = Val'sharah > Stormheim > Azsuna. I loved every part of Highmountain and Val'sharah, Stormheim and Azsuna have annoying bits that kind of soured them, but they are still solid:
    Stormheim has the Hellheim section. Cool idea, bad execution. Is a dark, laggy, overcrowded quest hub and the Light have mercy for those playing through it on a PvP server. Also, and this is my opinion, the Vykrul and their Pantheon are pricks so I don't care too much about Sylvannas trying to fuck with them.

Azsuna had those stupid pirate quests at the end of the meta. They were boring, uninteresting and they felt like filler. People talk about the blue dragons bit, and that was cool, but I liked the Farondis quest chain more. Felt more involved (well duh, is how you get the Pillar), and watching Farondis stand up and refusing to kneel to Queen Azhara despite everybody giving him shit for it was awesome.

Honestly I'm sure I have some kind of ranking worked out in my head but they all melt into nothing when compared to Suramar.

Seems like a giant waste, but it's your $60 so...

People value their time differently and I don't find it a waste at all, personally.

• EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Javen wrote: »
    artifact relics should be treated like gem slots on other types of gear.

This is literally what the game does, to the point of relics being in the gems part of the AH.

So you can remove relics and keep them?

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    No, only overwrite. There are some world drop ones. I have 6 or greens of different types.

• StrikaStrika Registered User regular
    You can't remove gems either...

• DrHookensteinDrHookenstein Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    Opty wrote: »
    danx wrote: »
    When did they change lifebloom to bloom if you refresh in pandemic range? 7.0? I noticed it just now playing around with healing in a 5 man.

Yes, that's new with 7.0. Since they took away the ability to refresh it with direct heals, if they didn't make it bloom in pandemic range then you'd be incentivized to let it drop for a fraction of a second to get the bloom. There was already a Glyph setup in 6.0 that did basically that.

I tried google searching and wowhead searching for this Pandemic thing you're talking about, but can't find it (some DK thing comes up instead). Is this a new mechanic? It seems like you're suggesting that at some point in LB's duration you can refresh it but it still blooms anyway?

It's called Pandemic due to a Warlock ability in MoP by that name introducing the concept and it was expanded to all HoTs/DoTs in WoD. I don't know if it has an official mechanic name outside of just being how HoTs/DoTs work now, unfortunately. The way it works is when you refresh a HoT/DoT, up to 30% of the remaining time on the current HoT/DoT is kept in addition to the full duration of the HoT/DoT. So if your HoT/DoT lasts 10 seconds normally and you refresh it any time after there being 3 seconds left, 100% of that remaining time will be added to the new HoT/DoT so there's no gaps where the HoT/DoT was not there and you're not losing any time. If you cast the same 10s HoT/DoT when there's 5 seconds left you'll end up with a 13s HoT/DoT as the length addition caps at 30%, meaning you lost 2 seconds of time. So, any HoTs/DoTs should be refreshed anywhere within that last 30% of their duration to maximize duration and minimize loss.

In the case of Lifebloom, the bloom makes up half of its healing now so the correct way to handle Lifebloom would have been to let it bloom rather than refresh it. If that was the case then it'd have been a HoT that worked differently from all other HoTs and would have been a trap for unaware Resto druids. But they can't make the bloom trigger every time you refresh the HoT because again it's half of its healing, so having an instant spammable heal like that would be harmful. They went with making it only bloom during the pandemic window as a compromise.

This was tremendously helpful; thank you.

So, if I refresh Lifebloom during its final 30%, not only will the 'new' version get the remaining time from the 'old' LB, it will also trigger a bloom from the old LB? That's amazing!

"He piled upon the whale's white hump the sum of all the general rage and hate felt by his whole race from Adam down; and then, as if his chest had been a mortar, he burst his hot heart's shell upon it." -Moby Dick
  • MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    For completeness, this is also how buffs work (not just DoT/HoT). So you can refresh personal buffs without clipping/resetting.

Everyone says they loved Val'Sharrah, but I didn't find it very memorable overall. It was my first zone in Legion, too.

The only thing I've not enjoyed is the overuse of villains suddenly stunning me for an indeterminate amount of time while they twirl their moustache and make their getaway, rather than using that amazing ability to just stun and then murder me.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    pandemic iirc was actually added in cataclysm, but it was a warlock talent back then

eventually they expanded it to every buff/debuff

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    Two manned Treasurer Jabrill down in Azsuna, he has a good ~6 second stun that he lands really often. 32m HP, if you're low when you get stunned....I took him to 60% and died, when I came back, a BE DH was trying - we just traded aggro when the other was stunned. Tidross didn't seem soloable, you have to drag him around a pillar to LOS his AE, but he punts and summons some pets.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    More ways that tanks have advantages in this expansion.

The Withered training scenario. I almost wish I could just tell my Withered to stand by the door and wait for me to call them to come get a chest, because it's much easier to just round up 20 mobs myself, AOE them down, without having to worry about keeping my withered alive.

But the nice thing is that once you've used up a bunch on chests, even if you only have 1 or 2 left, you can get pretty far if you're careful not to fight things with an AOE. You usually find new withered often enough to offset any minor further losses, and you don't need the withered to help you kill anything.

Dhalphir on
    The withered scenario is stupid hard for me because SPriests get one interrupt on a 45s cd. Fighting the big arcane wraith guys means I lose a bunch of health on my guys because he casts faster than I can interrupt. Now I remember why I only did this a few times on beta.

• danxdanx Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »
    They're really looking to make sure we have stuff to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxiofX97_G0

Khadgar really needed a good house keeper.

The Suramar stuff and Trial of Valor look good. I hope we
    eventually take the city back after the raid in the nighthold

I like what they've done in that zone already but it'd be nice to see more changes over the expansion.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    maybe they could just make it so that there are no more detector guards in Suramar after we defeat the Nighthold raid, so that they don't have to re-do the city but at least we can walk around it more easily.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    so sea king tidross straight up cannot kill you if you just run in a circle around his rock

liEt3nH.png
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Huzzah, got The Power Within questline to showup (I haven't a clue how), which is apparently an artifact appearance quest chain that sends me to a bunch of mythic dungeons. That sounds cool. And am now 843, so just a few more crafted upgrades/mythic drops and I should be set at 850 for when we step into the raids. Full Moon's pushing 1.2m crits without buffs, 1.6m with Incarnation up. I want to see if I can hit 2m.

One of the other Boomkin got our guild's first legendary :( It was one of the dps increasing ones, even if it's not the amazing Ring legendary, so that's a pretty great find for him.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    That quest unlocks with your ilevel I believe? Though you can't actually complete the chain until the raids start to open up I believe

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I've got a rare class hall quest but none of my dudes are high enough to tackle it yet. Gaaah LEVEL UP FASTER FOLLOWERS

World Quests are cool!

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    The elevator in vault of the wardens fucking sucks

liEt3nH.png
This discussion has been closed.