As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Legion: Kingdoms are being burnt

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I've got a rare class hall quest but none of my dudes are high enough to tackle it yet. Gaaah LEVEL UP FASTER FOLLOWERS

World Quests are cool!

I'm actually thinking of taking one of them as a bodyguard so they can level that way.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    I really like the death knight, demon hunter and druid class halls. Death knights might be more bias as that's my main but it is pretty damn badass to park your flying fortress of death right on your enemies doorstep.

The druid class hall is just so perfectly "Druid" it's a great looking place and demon hunters get a demonic star destroyer.

All in all, very happy with class halls...my only quibble is you don't get more bodyguards to choose from as most classes. I want these really cool characters out constantly fighting with me!

• MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    It bothers me that the only follower that can assist me is also a tank. He's great at ripping mobs off me, but horrible at staying alive. At least he doesn't have an hourlong cool down.

• ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I've got a rare class hall quest but none of my dudes are high enough to tackle it yet. Gaaah LEVEL UP FASTER FOLLOWERS

World Quests are cool!

I'm actually thinking of taking one of them as a bodyguard so they can level that way.

Do this, they get a lot of XP.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I should do it as I am kind of offended it's lackluster dps warlocks have for now

• TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Nosf wrote: »
    The only thing I've not enjoyed is the overuse of villains suddenly stunning me for an indeterminate amount of time while they twirl their moustache and make their getaway, rather than using that amazing ability to just stun and then murder me.
    Xavius is the most resalting case. Dude loves some moustache twirlning.

TryCatcher on
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    ps1099_2.gif

Kai_San on
  • NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    So I've been convinced to get back into this with the xpac.

Time for the traditional please remove this authenticator ticket wait.

• DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    I've been playing around on different alts, just to see their first artifact quest. Warriors have a fantastic order hall. It may turn out to be my favorite.

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I wonder if I should get my authenticator replaced soon? I've had a physical one since they were first made available back during...WotLK? I've had it for longer than I've owned a smartphone, and I think I'd prefer to keep a physical one instead of using the smartphone version.

Unrelated, but for anyone else annoyed that Blizzard removed the counter for the number of quests you currently have, but kept the limit in, this addon's for you.

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Derrick wrote: »
    I've been playing around on different alts, just to see their first artifact quest. Warriors have a fantastic order hall. It may turn out to be my favorite.

I'm a fan of how Warriors leave the Order Hall, but I think that the Hall in general isn't so great. For one, it seems to be missing the wide range of cool NPCs on the Horde and Alliance that the other Halls have.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    Huzzah, got The Power Within questline to showup (I haven't a clue how), which is apparently an artifact appearance quest chain that sends me to a bunch of mythic dungeons. That sounds cool. And am now 843, so just a few more crafted upgrades/mythic drops and I should be set at 850 for when we step into the raids. Full Moon's pushing 1.2m crits without buffs, 1.6m with Incarnation up. I want to see if I can hit 2m.

One of the other Boomkin got our guild's first legendary :( It was one of the dps increasing ones, even if it's not the amazing Ring legendary, so that's a pretty great find for him.

What's the path to gearing up that much so quickly? I'm struggling (well, it's been like two days I guess that's not much of a struggle) to break 810 to start heroics.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Huzzah, got The Power Within questline to showup (I haven't a clue how), which is apparently an artifact appearance quest chain that sends me to a bunch of mythic dungeons. That sounds cool. And am now 843, so just a few more crafted upgrades/mythic drops and I should be set at 850 for when we step into the raids. Full Moon's pushing 1.2m crits without buffs, 1.6m with Incarnation up. I want to see if I can hit 2m.

One of the other Boomkin got our guild's first legendary :( It was one of the dps increasing ones, even if it's not the amazing Ring legendary, so that's a pretty great find for him.

What's the path to gearing up that much so quickly? I'm struggling (well, it's been like two days I guess that's not much of a struggle) to break 810 to start heroics.

I crafted a lot (I'm sure I went through 15000-20000 Stonehide Leather personally farmed, and another 10k or so from the auction house when it was cheap). So 5 pieces of crafted leather plus another crafted neck from a guildie. And then the rest of the gear was some Mythic drops now that we're starting to clear them regularly.

If you're gearing up for heroics, do world quests for gear. Any you can find that reward gear. And if you are a crafter, proceed the quest chain to the point that you can craft the 815 stuff. Even if you don't upgrade them, the starting 815s aren't that onerous mat-wise.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular

This is a good video on what to do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWG1viaErKo

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Man, I take back my complaints about highmountain and azsuna. Stormheim makes up for all of it.

• DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    Wow. I can't do the Druid restoration artifact at level 110 because the "tank" they gave me refuses to press fucking swipe and it just keeps sending waves of adds out.

So stupid. I guess I'll spec into mass entanglement or whatever.

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    People wonder why I hate tanking randos. Dude starts yelling at me because I'm attempting to do Hyrja the "correct" way, and he just wants me to stay lightning side because "it's easy on normal you scrub". If the guy had just been polite about it I would have gladly adjusted the tactic but he was a total dick. Then he started yelling because I was "wasting his time" by not pulling fast enough (there were no gaps in my pulls, I was pulling as fast as we were killing). I finally told him to stop being an asshole or he could tank it himself and the group kind of backed me up so he shut up, but damn...what a gem. Great way to start the morning. I just wanted to relax and tank a dungeon and instead it was stupidly stressful.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
    Derrick wrote: »
    Wow. I can't do the Druid restoration artifact at level 110 because the "tank" they gave me refuses to press fucking swipe and it just keeps sending waves of adds out.

So stupid. I guess I'll spec into mass entanglement or whatever.

I can't do the Balance artifact quest, because as soon as we start running into Deadwind Pass the Paladin NPC yell's "KEEP UP!" and then he stops moving and won't start again. I've tried staying just behind him, I've tried going ahead of him, I've tried staying right on top of him, I've used Travel Form, I've flown, nothing works.

I'm hoping that whatever the problem is, it'll be resolved for me by this evening.

If not, I'll just spend more time on my Protection specced Blood Elf Paladin. I am absolutely loving prot for leveling. My only death was when I ran into an area with death lasers in Stormheim (whoops). I'm killing stuff way faster than my Retribution specced Alliance Paladin does, with zero downtime. It's passed my Fire Mage in terms of both levels and the amount of fun I'm having.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Stormheim Alliance quest start is boil my blood, Batman v Superman bad. Lights be damned, we really don't have time for this shit. There is literally bigger fish to fry.

It's like Blizz just wants to make the Alliance the villain because the Horde has looked that way for so long.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    The Leatherworking Mount quest is hell.

Actual hell.

I'm in hell, and this Elderhorn is Lucifer.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    Stormheim Alliance quest start is boil my blood, Batman v Superman bad. Lights be damned, we really don't have time for this shit. There is literally bigger fish to fry.

It's like Blizz just wants to make the Alliance the villain because the Horde has looked that way for so long.

The horde quests aren't much better. It becomes pretty clear Sylvanas isn't there to fight the legion.

Stormheim and the druid area whose name I always botch are the two zones whose stories have actually annoyed me.

• xiearsxiears It isn't sexual Strictly confectionalRegistered User regular
    Decided to bite the bullet and log into my Druid, who I haven't played since MoP (and was my main up til that point). Played the awesome game of clean out the bank, all the while not knowing if I really needed any of the stuff. 15+ stacks of Green Leaf Tea? Vendored. I'm sure it was valuable a few years ago. I must've typed DELETE about 30 times on all the toys I had that had been added to the collection but still sat in my bank. I probably got rid of something I'll regret, but you can't beat a tidy bank!

Now to figure out how to play the class.

steam_sig.png
    xiears wrote: »

Now to figure out how to play the class.

something something DROP THE MOON

• danxdanx Registered User regular
    Are seals of broken fate coming with raids?

• MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    The Leatherworking Mount quest is hell.

Actual hell.

I'm in hell, and this Elderhorn is Lucifer.

THIS IS 100% CORRECT.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I mean, it could be worse. You could have to farm a not-100% drop-rate item off a BC world boss that randomly respawns every 2-5 days...

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Damn son, the demonsteel bracer market is OUTTA CONTROL. I bought all the other bracers and am still waaaaaay ahead based on the few I sold.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    I'm not even going to bother with that quest. I'm herb/alch so have no need for obliterum forge.

Alchemy can get dust from destroying potions/flasks/trinkets actually.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »

yes but I'm not going to use any crafted gear so still don't need obliterum.

• StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    People wonder why I hate tanking randos. Dude starts yelling at me because I'm attempting to do Hyrja the "correct" way, and he just wants me to stay lightning side because "it's easy on normal you scrub". If the guy had just been polite about it I would have gladly adjusted the tactic but he was a total dick. Then he started yelling because I was "wasting his time" by not pulling fast enough (there were no gaps in my pulls, I was pulling as fast as we were killing). I finally told him to stop being an asshole or he could tank it himself and the group kind of backed me up so he shut up, but damn...what a gem. Great way to start the morning. I just wanted to relax and tank a dungeon and instead it was stupidly stressful.

Just try and shrug it off and look for guild/custom groups. I know I've done about 10-15 normals between my priest and shaman, and every most if not all has had someone complaining about something or generally being not ok. It's just not the same as it used to be (sorry for the get off my lawn moment). I think the push to mythics is designed to regulate exactly this, forcing people to group by hand again and know people.

Yeah the only thing I'll be queuing for going forward is my one daily heroic per day for the bonus AP and maybe occasionally if a Call to Arms satchel is up for tanks.

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Bah. Finished my 2nd "Gathering the Dreamweavers"...wanted to start #3 before work, but it wasn't available so I started a different mission...then it popped up on my board--needing 2 of the skills I just committed.

• MasterOfPupetsMasterOfPupets Registered User regular

Wait, I can turn potions into obliterum? Seriously? They're so damn cheap to make...

Got to be a bug, otherwise it would destroy the market...

XBL = MoP54
    PSN = PessimistMaximus
    camo_sig2.png
    Dhalphir wrote: »

Sell the Obliterum.

Bah. Finished my 2nd "Gathering the Dreamweavers"...wanted to start #3 before work, but it wasn't available so I started a different mission...then it popped up on my board--needing 2 of the skills I just committed.

Yeah this is a thing. It seems to require you leaving the board for a second.

MuddBudd wrote: »
    Dhalphir wrote: »

Sell the Obliterum.

Rather just sell the flasks and pots directly and save myself the cost of the quest bracers.

Wait, I can turn potions into obliterum? Seriously? They're so damn cheap to make...

Got to be a bug, otherwise it would destroy the market...

It gives very little for any of the potions, flasks aren't much more. Trinkets on the other hand give almost one and a half Obliterum's worth of Ash.

The mats for one is worth more than 1.5 Obliterum.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    After doing some mythics, Violet Hold trash seems ridiculously overtuned.

This discussion has been closed.