As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ask Tube (G&T edition)

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    I'm not entirely sure how long I've had my current name, aside from 'a long time'.

I'd switched to The_Neophyte when I started playing Natural Selection, I think back in the 2.0 days. Then on the server I'd become a regular on, I switched it to my current formatting in imitation of a guy called DISS|Troyed, and it's been at that since. Though more recently I've taken to compressing it down to NFyt.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    My first real handle was "Riptide" on IRC. And then I switched to "Snacky" for some godforsaken reason that now escapes me. This was back in 1994, pre-EverQuest.

While I'm not going to sit here and pretend that "Drez" has any intrinsic value...I think, comparatively speaking, that it was a vast improvement over my previous choices.

Because really. Snacky? What in the fuck was the 15 year old me thinking.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    AkimboEGAkimboEG Mr. Fancypants Wears very fine pants indeedRegistered User regular
    I mean, I guess you were just hungry for snacks.

Give me a kiss to build a dream on; And my imagination will thrive upon that kiss; Sweetheart, I ask no more than this; A kiss to build a dream on
  • Options
    AkimboEG wrote: »
    I mean, I guess you were just hungry for snacks.

Could have been that, yes.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Tube wrote: »
    Orange. Fanta is like a super hipster soda in Montreal, the only place I can find it is the super hipster deli.

Oh shiz, you're in Montreal? Iunno if you follow sportball at all, but would you be at all excited if the Expos (baseball team) came back to Montreal? They moved away a little over a decade ago because shady business stuff, but there's an active movement to bring them back.

I would probably not appreciate the gravity of that situation, I haven't really been immersed in the sports side of things yet

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Tube, do you ever gaze fondly upon cardboard tubes and think about how they've shaped you into the man you are now?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I've had this name ever since needing a moniker for a Monkey Island fan site back in 2002. Since then it or a variation has been my name on every other Internet community, my old IM account, and most RPGs.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    This became my user name after the first time I saw Serial Experiments Lain. Would rather forget the one before that.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    Used to be a_moss_snake. Those lvl 1 snakes from Riverdale in EQ.

Somehow, uninterestingly evolved into a_moss_snack. Where I can, I try to go by moss. It's usually not available, so mosssnack has remained. No one ever has that dumb name taken.

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Mine is my actual nickname, although it is only used by my friends. I use it for literally everything that requires a username as well as character names. Chances are if you ever see someone named Furlion it is me.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I was Dark Raven VII until I ate Dark Raven IX.

Actually it started out as my own lil' Dr Raven McDarktalon Blood joke name. Turns out I didn't go silly enough, cause I have run into multiple Dark Raven X's elsewhere, it's not uncommon for it to be claimed. Especially on DeviantArt. There's dozens of us!

So I usually use DRX with number strings now. I like those letters, they sound pretty good!

Tube! What is, in your opinion, the best coin toss name you created? Any of them stick, and became that person's handle off the forum?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    This became my user name after the first time I saw Serial Experiments Lain. Would rather forget the one before that.

Was it ihaventseenLAINyet12345?

Because yeah that would be embarrassing.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Drez wrote: »

Was it ihaventseenLAINyet12345?

Because yeah that would be embarrassing.

My prior obsession had been Sailor Moon, let's leave it at that.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    I was Dark Raven VII until I ate Dark Raven IX.

Actually it started out as my own lil' Dr Raven McDarktalon Blood joke name. Turns out I didn't go silly enough, cause I have run into multiple Dark Raven X's elsewhere, it's not uncommon for it to be claimed. Especially on DeviantArt. There's dozens of us!

So I usually use DRX with number strings now. I like those letters, they sound pretty good!

Tube! What is, in your opinion, the best coin toss name you created? Any of them stick, and became that person's handle off the forum?

This was already answered!

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    HOW do you FEEL about the FLAMING LIPS?!?!?

• Options
    They are fine.

• Options
    jammujammu 2020 is now. Registered User regular
    Are there any upcoming or rumoured games that you're looking forward to playing?

Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    It means we don't have giant, intimidating threads that new people don't want to get involved in. It gives break points for new threads so that new people can write OPs. It gives break points for me to say "ok, this thread gets some time off". It makes it easier to prevent the domination of megathreads.

Without that rule we would literally have threads that are tens of thousands of pages long.

and it would be glorious!

but yes I suppose I see the logic

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Kami wrote: »
    Hardtarget wrote: »

Is it weird I still post here after being around FOREVER? It's not weird right? I have a life! oh god

Club 2003 for life, homie

*respek knuckles*

Whoo, 2003 join dates.

I'm still somewhat miffed that mine got erased in the Great Purge of '06.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Simpsonia wrote: »
    Kami wrote: »
    Hardtarget wrote: »

Is it weird I still post here after being around FOREVER? It's not weird right? I have a life! oh god

Club 2003 for life, homie

*respek knuckles*

Whoo, 2003 join dates.

I'm still somewhat miffed that mine got erased in the Great Purge of '06.

Mine too. But eh.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    This name has been my only real online handle I've ever used. I also like it because when I selected this name I worked at a commercial printing press, and the large rolls of paper running through the presses were called webs. So I was a web guy who was 20 when I started using this nickname. Now I'll be 35 next week and FUCK that's been a long time!

I do wish I had capitalized it when I picked it out here though. D'oh.

Yeah, this has been my screen name since I was on AOL back when they still sent out 3.5 floppies through the mail. (Sweet! 100 free hours of internet!)
    At least your name has an interesting story behind it. Mine's just initials followed by birthday.

You have the same birthday as one of my very best friends! Unless your birthday is July 31 and I'm just misinterpreting it... Do you also avoid going out on your birthday just to avoid the craziness?

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    This name has been my only real online handle I've ever used. I also like it because when I selected this name I worked at a commercial printing press, and the large rolls of paper running through the presses were called webs. So I was a web guy who was 20 when I started using this nickname. Now I'll be 35 next week and FUCK that's been a long time!

Yeah, this has been my screen name since I was on AOL back when they still sent out 3.5 floppies through the mail. (Sweet! 100 free hours of internet!)
    At least your name has an interesting story behind it. Mine's just initials followed by birthday.

You have the same birthday as one of my very best friends! Unless your birthday is July 31 and I'm just misinterpreting it... Do you also avoid going out on your birthday just to avoid the craziness?

No, it's St. Patrick's day.
    And yes, I avoid going out on my birthday to avoid the craziness.
    Granted, I'm an anti social asshole who generally avoids going out as a matter of course, but I avoid it extra hard on my birthday.

• Options
    quarthinosquarthinos Registered User regular
    I made up this name for a D&D character in the 80s. I've yet to run into anyone else using it...

It is somewhat based off "Quo" a city in a Barbara Hambly novel, and I used that on arcade high score charts. I am old enough that that was important...

• Options

Granted, I'm an anti social asshole who generally avoids going out as a matter of course, but I avoid it extra hard on my birthday.

Are you sure you're not one of my best friends?

• Options

Are you sure you're not one of my best friends?

Nope. Can't be sure.
    I mean, I know most of my buddies typical pseudonyms, but it's possible one of them decided to add Chromdom to their list of fake names, or used it before we met.
    You live in Colorado by any chance?

• Options
    Only if you spell Colorado O-R-E-G-O-N

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Oregon is the best state.

• Options
    Well... by odd coincidence and a really fucked up spell check...
    Nope, Colorado is still Colorado.

• Options
    MadPenMadPen San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Oregon is the best state.

Beautiful, check. Not too crowded, check. Adequate amounts of rain, check. Functional state and local governments, check.

Can't tell whether it's day or night 9 months out of the year in the Willamette Valley, check :(

edit: It's probably still the best state.

MadPen on
    3DS: 4098-4243-6127
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    I don't know much about Oregon, but if that many people were willing to risk death by dysentery to get there, it HAS to be great.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    I had a friend in High school with that birthday, and in a fit of unoriginality his parents named him "Patrick".

Also Oregon is the best state yes.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Are you a Freemason, and if so have you ever carried out any secret assassinations in the name of Freemasonry?

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Are you a Freemason, and if so have you ever carried out any secret assassinations in the name of Freemasonry?

I don't see a challenge, what makes you think he'll response?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    I had a friend in High school with that birthday, and in a fit of unoriginality his parents named him "Patrick".

Same thing happened with my friend Pancake

• Options
    Us Floridians have to say ours is the best state, because you can bet anyone else isn't going to do it for us.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Us Floridians have to say ours is the best state, because you can bet anyone else isn't going to do it for us.

Your crime blotter is second to none.

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

I don't know if you're purposely being antagonizing, but no I'm not posting with the expectation of a response.
    Who would openly claim secret assassinations?

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    i assume a reference to some freemasonry lore

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

I don't know if you're purposely being antagonizing, but no I'm not posting with the expectation of a response.

Ah, sorry. I was referring to challenge-response. Secret phrases, etc.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options

Ah, sorry. I was referring to challenge-response. Secret phrases, etc.

Ah okay, I've never see them referred to by that term so I misread the intent of your post.

This discussion has been closed.