As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Legion: Kingdoms are being burnt

19495969798100»

• ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Only done heroics so far, even though I honestly ought to be dipping into Mythics(836 atm). Violet Hold on Heroic had some rather painful trash, expected it to be a cakewalk!

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Derrick wrote: »
    Wow. I can't do the Druid restoration artifact at level 110 because the "tank" they gave me refuses to press fucking swipe and it just keeps sending waves of adds out.

So stupid. I guess I'll spec into mass entanglement or whatever.

What I found sad was the paladin tank one when the blood elf is praised for being the best healer they have {and makes a joke about not waiting around in the que for 30 minutes for another}
    I am thousands of times better healing than he was praise the bacon of light!

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Javen wrote: »
    After doing some mythics, Violet Hold trash seems ridiculously overtuned.

The key is to use the crystals for the packs with double Shadow Fiends (the purple doomguard looking ones). They only appear in the third set of portals, in the elite Legion Squads.

Apart from those the trash is nothing out of the ordinary.

Dhalphir on
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    People wonder why I hate tanking randos. Dude starts yelling at me because I'm attempting to do Hyrja the "correct" way, and he just wants me to stay lightning side because "it's easy on normal you scrub". If the guy had just been polite about it I would have gladly adjusted the tactic but he was a total dick. Then he started yelling because I was "wasting his time" by not pulling fast enough (there were no gaps in my pulls, I was pulling as fast as we were killing). I finally told him to stop being an asshole or he could tank it himself and the group kind of backed me up so he shut up, but damn...what a gem. Great way to start the morning. I just wanted to relax and tank a dungeon and instead it was stupidly stressful.

Just try and shrug it off and look for guild/custom groups. I know I've done about 10-15 normals between my priest and shaman, and every most if not all has had someone complaining about something or generally being not ok. It's just not the same as it used to be (sorry for the get off my lawn moment). I think the push to mythics is designed to regulate exactly this, forcing people to group by hand again and know people.

I need to find a guild that is alive and not dead, for sure. I'll be 110 in an hour or so and I'll leave my current dead guild and go guild hunting I guess. May consider a server transfer to a server with a better horde population. None of my friends are around anymore so nothing holding me here.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    So if you go back to Broken Shore the island is filled with boss level elites and basically every named demon in the history of WoW lore is camped out there having a little demon tea party.

I went to the massive palace on the north end where Varian was killed during pre-launch, which is apparently the Tomb of Sargeras. Snuck past Brutallus and the two Eredar twins, but couldn't get any further as you're targeted by an insta-kill zone debuff just by virtue of getting close to the entrance portal. I suspect this is where the expansion's "big bad" is going to be.

• xiearsxiears It isn't sexual Strictly confectionalRegistered User regular
    Just a heads up for people trying to decide which class to spend your boost on. From the class trial screen it makes it look like you can only try the spec listed (in the case of Mages that's frost), but once you complete the tutorial area and fight your way through the intro to Legion to Dalaran you can change to any spec to try it out. So I've given fire a try and can confirm it's fucking awesome.

steam_sig.png
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    So the new wow companion app will probably not be on Windows phones right ?

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »

They've only called out iOS and Android so far, so it's a pretty safe bet unfortunately.

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »

Still no AH app so yeah, I wouldn't expect it. I think they did put out the authenticator though.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    xiears wrote: »
    Just a heads up for people trying to decide which class to spend your boost on. From the class trial screen it makes it look like you can only try the spec listed (in the case of Mages that's frost), but once you complete the tutorial area and fight your way through the intro to Legion to Dalaran you can change to any spec to try it out. So I've given fire a try and can confirm it's fucking awesome.

I get Arms on my protection warrior which is why I am debating who I want to boost
    My monk? My mage or my warrior I don't have a monk to 100 though

• RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    This was probably answered a bazillion times but is there a server list where PA peeps play at?
    I think Dark Iron and Draenor were Alliance, but how about some horde peeps?

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote: »
    This was probably answered a bazillion times but is there a server list where PA peeps play at?

There's a horde guild on cho'gall that has a thread in SE, but that's the biggest single server community left on the boards. There's also a PA dischord channel for use by everyone.

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I got my fishing artifact! It is awesome.

Can fish up Blood of Sarg too!

• CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    How do you get that one @SniperGuy ?

• Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote: »

We battled in a small tauren camp when we were separated--she held three of the Bristlebacks off by herself. But the odds began to overwhelm us. I led some away only to see her overwhelmed by newcomers. In my rage, I turned to face my enemies, but they brought me down easily with their vast numbers.

I awoke to a tauren druid tending my wounds--he had come across me on the Gold Road as I fell.

Please, <class>, find some sign of my wife.

• LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Cirira wrote: »
    How do you get that one SniperGuy ?

There's special fish in each zone, fish every one of them and you can find one that starts a quest chain to get the artifact. Info yonder.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Honest to God, I just love saying "Fjarnskaggl".

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    It will definitely be the most misspelled word this expansion.

• Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Crap... I just spent some time in outland trying to work on lore master acheivements, and damn does someone need to look at burning crusade and take an axe to about half the zone quests.

I can't imagine doing it without a flying mount back in the day... Go here half way across the zone kill 20 blood elves and get 10 mana widgets. Ok good job, now go kill gonnad the everspitter who is standing right behind those 20 guys you just killed half way across the zone.

And every single random beast type or whatever has a quest to kill 20 of them. Ok I know warp beasts are cool I run into them all over the place you don't need to point them out to me with a quest.

Jealous Deva on
    Outland was a massive improvement on vanilla.

• MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    I am having real trouble with the nightfallen army thing.

Every time I enter that first 'double decker' room, most of my guys seem to vanish and die. I am not sure if they are falling to the bottom or what.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Outland was a massive improvement on vanilla.

True but we dont have vanilla to compare anymore, just the massively improved cata zones.

I will say from an aesthetic standpoint the zones are really good, though. Some of the trees stand out as primative compared to later zones, but they nailed the look for zangarmarsh, terrokar, nagrand, netherstorm, etc.

Jealous Deva on
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Yeah, it's kind of funny knowing that Outland is basically WoW's oldest content now. Even now it still kind of feels new to me, because it was WoW's first expansion and everything seemed so big. You walk through the dark portal in the Blasted Lands and come out of a huge portal into a huge zone with huge demons looking at you. Sometimes you'd be fighting mobs out there and a huge demonic reaver would somehow sneak up on you.

MuddBudd wrote: »

Every time I enter that first 'double decker' room, most of my guys seem to vanish and die. I am not sure if they are falling to the bottom or what.

they are getting knocked off by various mob aoe abilities. Happened to me yesterday.

• MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »

they are getting knocked off by various mob aoe abilities. Happened to me yesterday.

I'm thinking I might rush down the stairs and deal with the easy stuff down there, if I can. Hopefully that means less dying in general.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
    Always take as many withered as your max ancient mana will allow. Once you can dump 2k mana at the start and begin with 20 withered, the scenario becomes trivial.

• romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    Always take as many withered as your max ancient mana will allow. Once you can dump 2k mana at the start and begin with 20 withered, the scenario becomes trivial.

For tanks. Classes without short cd stuns, interrupts etc have it much harder.

Fair comment. If your class can tank, use that spec for the scenario.

• LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Yeah I struggle pretty hard until I get a bunch of berserkers, because a 45s CD interrupt means those big arcane dudes are getting at least one AoE off every time. As I get more berserkers they'll start to knock back more and more but starting out it's a pain.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • KeemossiKeemossi Registered User regular
    Just got the new withered training done. 3 large chests, one medium. Hanging in the monk discord I heard an incredibly useful tip: you can Paralysis the dryad in the first locked room, loot stuff and leave. Paralysis is also incredibly good against Leystalker, it interrupts the charge spam. Also works for interrupting the arcane dudes. I imagine any other incapacitate/daze/knockback/grip/sleep works just as well.

The berserkers are kind of annoying though. Knockback is handy but having to taunt off them gets old fast. They're tough but they'll wear out.

• Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular

This has been true for pretty much all of the single player scenarios. Perhaps someone from Blizzard should go and play deus Ex and get inspiration on how to offer different solutions for different classes.

• MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    So, the paladin follower Boros is pretty good at ripping stuff off my prot paladin...then dying.

.... but in the holy priest artifact scenario, he couldn't even build up enough threat to taunt a fly......

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

Just watch out for Leydouchebag Dro, he has a tendency to just be there when you least want him to be.

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Isn't this thread supposed to be done? Getting updates from both has been confusing

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    In everyone's defense, the new thread was started when this one was around page 95. The newer thread sat with no posts for about 2-3 days.

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I don't think I even saw a link to the new WoW thread in here. I rarely check the MMO subforum since I have this thread bookmarked.

This discussion has been closed.