As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny] Rise of Iron: "Wizirds are the worst. The WORST."

• hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    If anyone is up for it later tonight, I'm willing to buy a Trials card and boons and try to get bounties done. I like Trials as a format; I don't like that I have to defeat actually good players to get to the Lighthouse, but it is what it is. :biggrin:

_
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Damn so many trips this weekend! GG Penny-Arcade!

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    But Bungie says they are dealing with cheaters!

... Very poorly, I guess.

Against people like that, Bungie should invoke the "Nuke from orbit" last resort and just delete their entire accounts, if only they had the balls to do it these days.

I'd love to see the Overwatch approach... orbital strike style permabans for blatant cheaters.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    edited September 2016
    So in case anyone is interested... I wouldn't mind wrapping up that VoG run I had to drop from last night.

I threw it on the 100.Io for 3pm (an hour from now). If anyone wants to join.

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I reported the lagswitcher dude on Xbox Live and he had his twitter linked, was curious and looked it up.

Call of Duty crap.
    Pot leaves.
    N-words.

At least he is exactly what I expected a lagswitcher to be, a huge gaping asshole.
    UMHLGspl.png
    Adding liar to the list.

Sirialis on
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I reported the lagswitcher dude on Xbox Live and he had his twitter linked, was curious and looked it up.

Hey, maybe don't link his twitter? This is uncomfortably close to a witchhunt.
    Just report him and be done with it.

Crippl3 on
    edited September 2016
    You are right about that, my bad.

I edited his twitter handle and name out of my post, remember to edit your quote so it doesnt show there.

Sirialis on
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    I am pretty sad they have mtashed announcing the first mlg destiny thing. I think he's a dbag.

KeenKoala is like... Right there

Well, you're not wrong. Mtashed is kind of a dbag bro-gamer, but he's young and you hope he grows out of it.

And KeenKoala is basically of the "CRUCIBLE COFFEE IS FOR CLOSERS, SCRUBS" school, so...er...not exactly the most personable of players.
    What, I have never seen him do that - at least in his videos or interviews he's given. He's certainly never trash talked - unlike mtashed who does so in both his vids and interviews.

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Who are these people?

Destiny has a MLG thing? Did bungie/activision decide to sponsor it themselves?

Snipers up close are more effective than shotguns up close.

Destiny

Destiny: The Snipers Below

Destiny: House of Snipers

Destiny: The Sniper King

Destiny: April Sniper Update

Destiny: Snipers of Iron

Yeah, it's breaking news, they've invited 12 of the top streamers to the MLG arena for a 6v6 Supremacy game later this month. The advent if private matchmaking has the PvP community pretty excited.

And to answer the other questions:

mtashed is a streamer/YouTube guy - pretty good sniper, but he's a putz (in his interview with crucible radio he was trash talking shotguns as a crutch albeit one that would be ineffective at higher levels of play despite the fact that the best competitive teams run two shotgun, one sniper as their default load out)

KeenKoala runs a stream/channel called Crucible Boot Camp and posts as LimePunch on /r/crucibleplaybook. You send him a rumble/skirmish/elimination/skirmish/doubles match and he runs through it giving critiques of strategy and positioning and such. He doesn't give "git gud scrub/improve gun skill" kind of advice it's more along the lines of "you're kind of in the middle of nowhere here - no coverage of any useful area which allows you to be pushed like so *cut to map where he draws in the pushes*"

I don't think he's as Raging Platypus says "coffee is for closers, scrub" but my feeling on the matter could be utterly distorted by the fact that I love Anjurhu's videos (in which he declares that he has no respect for this team, so he does X and Y. But then he also points out that he has low gun skill/no thumbs/was being dumb and running around in the middle of nowhere - his videos are of himself and team, and often the view from the opposing team in trials matches). He posts as EA_Forum_Moderator on the crucible playbook where he pulls no punches and has strong views on what it means to be good (you aren't, only top level players are).

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Damn so many trips this weekend! GG Penny-Arcade!

Yeah... I'm truly inspired to try and fail to get to it today!

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    I am also pretty sure that Alpha team is going to rock Bravo.

Alpha is basically BSK and iAM mushed together, Bravo has fewer existing relationships.

Also it's like 80% primarily snipers for the line up.

Aetheon down and Glass Minuet get achieved!

Thanks fellas!!!

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    I am also pretty sure that Alpha team is going to rock Bravo.

Alpha is basically BSK and iAM mushed together, Bravo has fewer existing relationships.

Also it's like 80% primarily snipers for the line up.

What if the weapon tuning actually makes it so Snipers don't reign supreme? What if they go after pulse rifles some more too?

edited September 2016
    @Apothe0sis seems to know his streamers.

Which one do you think I should look at for some additional Trials tips? This keenkoala guy?

Sirialis on
    @Apothe0sis seems to know his streamers.

Which one do you think I should look at for some additional Trials tips? This keenkoala guy?

KeenKoala is great - http://cruciblebootcamp.com/
    EA_FORUM_MODERATOR is the best, his stuff has been posted a few times, you will probably recognise it - https://youtu.be/em3x7G3zlZo

nKuch posts trials quick tips occasionally, but they are not so in depth and rather assume a higher play level than my own also because he is a freak sniper it also assumes lots of snipe

There's no one else really focussed on teaching and strategy that I have found, and, fundamentally it all boils down to know where the enemy is, know where you teammates are, don't over commit, ensure what you are doing has a tactical benefit, learn to push with your primary. Those guys are useful because they show practical examples of how all of that should be put into practice.

The latter's strats 100% require a team that is all on the same page though.

edited September 2016
    Also, everyone should watch AEGabriel - he is the fastest man alive and the most ridic striker/shotgun fella

https://www.twitch.tv/aegabriel/mobile

Murdaro is the king of the warlock shotgunners

https://www.twitch.tv/murdaro/mobile

Apothe0sis on
    When you have to break up a lobby to find a match four times in a row... you're doing something wrong, Bungo.

edited September 2016
    We had to queue up three times to get a Salvage match for trials warm up earlier.

Got to add to the sweaty ass reputation that Salvage has!
    2xPFdOTl.jpg
    (I wanted to play Skirmish.)

Sirialis on
  • Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Noob question:

Do you need to have keys to get all of the Calcified Fragments, or are some of them in unlocked chests. If I need to kill ~50 enemies to get every single fragment, there's no fucking way that I'ma bother with that bullshit.

Descendant X on
    Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    I think there's one in the first key chest, but none after that. About half are lying around the dreadnought like ghosts. Check destiny ghost hunter for the ones you're missing.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Noob question:

Do you need to have keys to get all of the Calcified Fragments, or are some of them in unlocked chests. If I need to kill ~50 enemies to get every single fragment, there's no fucking was that I'ma bother with that bullshit.

Well, there are a big chunk of them that are outright rewards for activities.

Completing raid challenge modes, Court of Oryx combinations, doing a Nightfall on the dreadnaught, etc.

So you might want to consider that too.

• Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    Thanks guys. I think I'm gonna look for a few of the fragments this evening if there's nothing else going on.

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Ugh maybe I'll give up on that outside hope of finishing the triumphs. Couldn't even make it past the totems due to a combination of player and I'm assuming game errors. Friendly group at least. Would lose horribly with those guardians again :P

EvilMonkey on
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
    EvilMonkey wrote: »
    Ugh maybe I'll give up on that outside hope of finishing the triumphs. Couldn't even make it past the totems due to a combination of player and I'm assuming game errors. Friendly group at least. Would lose horribly with those guardians again :P
    I believe in you

• JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular

I'd be free tomorrow to help you.

ugh the MLG match will air at 3AM in Straya

rip

• HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    Also, everyone should watch AEGabriel - he is the fastest man alive and the most ridic striker/shotgun fella

https://www.twitch.tv/aegabriel/mobile

Murdaro is the king of the warlock shotgunners

https://www.twitch.tv/murdaro/mobile

Ma. Nem. Geb.

Re5olve is also somebody to watch and of course, tripleWRECK is always a top tier choice

BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • BookerBooker Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I am pretty sad they have mtashed announcing the first mlg destiny thing. I think he's a dbag.

If I remember correctly, mtashed is the guy who repeated that there was no bullet magnetism on Sniper Rifles. That is a special kind of gaslighting wrongness.
    hlprmnky wrote: »
    If anyone is up for it later tonight, I'm willing to buy a Trials card and boons and try to get bounties done. I like Trials as a format; I don't like that I have to defeat actually good players to get to the Lighthouse, but it is what it is. :biggrin:

But! The whole point of the Lighthouse is to say: "I have defeated actually good players!"

Booker on
    Booker wrote: »

If I remember correctly, mtashed is the guy who repeated that there was no bullet magnetism on Sniper Rifles. That is a special kind of gaslighting wrongness

Uou are correct. TrueVanguard also made a video about that about a year and a bit ago. He is much friendlier toward everyone though, and I think it came off the back of mtashed doing so so I can forgive TV.

I just watched it again. mTashed is insufferable. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRJ4CdU8sMk

• mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    Woah, actually have an evening to myself. Who wants to trials?!

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    mosssnack wrote: »

We are in a party, need one more Xboners for trialzzz

Well shit. I just found this link:

https://vg247.com/2015/09/28/destiny-the-taken-king-calcified-fragments-locations-guide/

It has the location of every fragment that's not locked up in a chest. Sweet.

• Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    mosssnack wrote: »

We are in a party, need one more Xboners for trialzzz

Aw crap I just told the wife that I was going to pass on Destiny tonight. Curses!

Lighthouse seems unlikely for me for this final weekend. But I guess I did carry some adolescent kids to their first pieces of Trials armor ever. So I supppose good deeds are good times just as well!

Aw, my fitbit is telling me that I'm supposed to be sleeping now, and I don't have my mic here.

I think I'll totally make a non-token effort to do at least one trials thing tomorrow. :hydra:

• EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular

I'd be free tomorrow to help you.

Thanks for the offer. If our schedules align I'll give you a ping.

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
    Well shit. I just found this link:

https://vg247.com/2015/09/28/destiny-the-taken-king-calcified-fragments-locations-guide/

It has the location of every fragment that's not locked up in a chest. Sweet.

Check out destimycalcifiedfragments.com

And jump in and finish a challenge mode raid right now

Destiny

• BookerBooker Registered User regular
    Aw, my fitbit is telling me that I'm supposed to be sleeping now, and I don't have my mic here.

I think I'll totally make a non-token effort to do at least one trials thing tomorrow. :hydra:

I hope so. I even friended you!

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    @Arteen @mosssnack just got back, sorry for bailing. If you guys still wanna try hmu.

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    @Arteen @mosssnack just got back, sorry for bailing. If you guys still wanna try hmu.

If Moss is still up for it shoot me an Xbox message and I'll hop back on.

This discussion has been closed.