As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Do any of you guys like Wikipedia?

13»

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Melding wrote: »
    schuss wrote: »
    Does it answer the real questions people want the answer to?

Like who is bizarro stormy?

that's not actually a secret.

Yeah, his identity is all he posts.
    He is Bizarro Stormy.

Man, that really makes me think: Groot would be really tough to understand on a forum.

Well actually you see, Groot only sounds like he's saying Groot to others because members of his species larynx's harden into a particular shape, so Groot actually says quite complicated things through inflection, tone, etc. when he says I am Groot, however he is a highly intelligent being and in text I am sure he would actually be quite articulate and well spoken.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Melding wrote: »
    schuss wrote: »
    Does it answer the real questions people want the answer to?

Like who is bizarro stormy?

that's not actually a secret.

Yeah, his identity is all he posts.
    He is Bizarro Stormy.

Man, that really makes me think: Groot would be really tough to understand on a forum.

I am Groot.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    Mysst wrote: »
    I have more kids than Mori!

quality vs quantity

Low blow!

If that were the case, there wouldn't be so many

https://youtu.be/zBaQHeaKv00

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Looking at that Wiki...I think we're going to need a more flattering picture of Mike & Jerry.

I can add to this page, but I'm wondering whether a lot of information shouldn't be moved to separate page(s) under the Penny Arcade Inc main page, with information about the company on the main page. This would be in line with Mike and Jerry's own idea that Penny Arcade is bigger than just the comics/news and that a few projects would be going on just fine without their involvement (PAX and Child's Play).

Tree would look something like this:

-Penny Arcade Inc
    ---Projects
    ---Founders
    ---Employees of note
    ---Offices

--Penny Arcade
    ---Comic
    ---PATV
    ---Other comics (trenches, etc)
    ---Kickstarter projects

--PAX

--Child's Play

--Strip Search

A few of the subheaders are absurdly detailed, the PA Presents is elaborate and could be trimmed down. A lot of the experiments are interesting (Greenhouse, Decideotron), but now it kinda looks like there's just a bunch of dead projects. Their successes and recent changes (moving away from PATV as a platform for 3rd party content such as Extra Credits, CheckPoint, saying good bye to Khoo) are far more interesting and would probably be more useful for people looking up Penny Arcade on Wiki.

Any input? I'm very busy at the moment, but I keep up with everything but Acquisition Incorporated on Youtube, so I could definitely write something about all that sweet, sweet content. We need to do this with more people, because PA is just so huge and those jerks keep coming up with new stuff so just keeping up with whatever the crap they're doing is a challenge in and of itself.

• Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    215535851_hBPpe-2100x20000.jpg

this one is better

jmcdonald on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Aldo wrote: »
    Looking at that Wiki...I think we're going to need a more flattering picture of Mike & Jerry.

I can add to this page, but I'm wondering whether a lot of information shouldn't be moved to separate page(s) under the Penny Arcade Inc main page, with information about the company on the main page. This would be in line with Mike and Jerry's own idea that Penny Arcade is bigger than just the comics/news and that a few projects would be going on just fine without their involvement (PAX and Child's Play).

Tree would look something like this:

-Penny Arcade Inc
    ---Projects
    ---Founders
    ---Employees of note
    ---Offices

--Penny Arcade
    ---Comic
    ---PATV
    ---Other comics (trenches, etc)
    ---Kickstarter projects

--PAX

--Child's Play

--Strip Search

A few of the subheaders are absurdly detailed, the PA Presents is elaborate and could be trimmed down. A lot of the experiments are interesting (Greenhouse, Decideotron), but now it kinda looks like there's just a bunch of dead projects. Their successes and recent changes (moving away from PATV as a platform for 3rd party content such as Extra Credits, CheckPoint, saying good bye to Khoo) are far more interesting and would probably be more useful for people looking up Penny Arcade on Wiki.

Any input? I'm very busy at the moment, but I keep up with everything but Acquisition Incorporated on Youtube, so I could definitely write something about all that sweet, sweet content. We need to do this with more people, because PA is just so huge and those jerks keep coming up with new stuff so just keeping up with whatever the crap they're doing is a challenge in and of itself.

Sounds like you have precisely the right idea!

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Almost a week since this thread started, and the Wikipedia page has not yet been shut down for endless drawing of dicks and butts all over it.

This forum really has changed!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Almost a week since this thread started, and the Wikipedia page has not yet been shut down for endless drawing of dicks and butts all over it.

You don't have to draw them directly on the page itself, there's that overlay thing that lets you do that stuff but only other people with the thing can also see it. I remember it got posted here years ago and the whole forum was covered in dicks in a matter of minutes.

• Options
    ArchangleArchangle Registered User regular
    Heh, first thing I did after learning about this thread was to look at the history and found this gem recently added by one of you silly geese:

The webcomic has its own forum community, <s>lorded over</s> administrated by a <s>raving lunatic</s> nice young fellow that calls himself "Tube". There are various subforums covering subjects as diverse as videogames, writing, art, help and advice, and an off-topic general chat forum, all consisting of a series of Tubes

That's what you get for asking for help.
    Fixed that for you.

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular

i would do this except what if i become so boring as to want to edit wikipedia pages someday

gotta think about that long term plan

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    I updated a bunch of stuff on the wiki, most notably: i trimmed PA Presents and added a few big things to the opening paragraph. It's piss easy to edit an article, but it does soak up time (in particular to add the right citations).

Im looking up info on the Eyrewood, not sure if it is notable enough for a seperate page or just a header on the main page. Who could I peer pressure into writing about Eyrewood? What part of the forums houses fans of the IP?

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I would personally say that right now Eyrewood would be under the main PA page. At some point it may be lengthy enough that someone will split it out