As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny] Rise of Iron: "Wizirds are the worst. The WORST."

• hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    Oh my goodness I had no idea that finishing a single CoE run with a 30k score was such a challenge

until I tried it with pubbies

_
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
  • MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    Still need to get golgy fragment before the reset or trying for the achievement is done, hopefully I can get on early tomorrow or tuesday but I'm not holding my breath. So close. :\

3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Masume wrote: »
    Still need to get golgy fragment before the reset or trying for the achievement is done, hopefully I can get on early tomorrow or tuesday but I'm not holding my breath. So close. :\

Um, isn't the reset on Tuesday?

• Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    Wow. Midnight PST hits and the Tower turns into a ghost town. There was only one other person there just now as I logged off.

Anyone up for Kingfall tomorrow? Sometime during the day? Let me know and I'll put up an event on the100.

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!

Thought it was later on tuesday? If not, then I'm really screwed. Work at 3 tomorrow, so I'd have to get the challenge in before then.

Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume

Thought it was later on tuesday? If not, then I'm really screwed. Work at 3 tomorrow, so I'd have to get the challenge in before then.

Depends where you are I guess.

Sometimes I forget that Europe and Australia can play this game :p

I'm in Florida man...so I guess it's close to Australia? >,>

Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Not only do Australians play crucible they named a gun after us

So... I think we know who the true guardians are

I'm in Florida man...so I guess it's close to Australia? >,>

Reset time for you is about 4 am then...

• AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Finally finished the TLW part of this god forsaken Chaperone quest. Thank you, Mayhem Clash and Rumble.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • BookerBooker Registered User regular
    Lighthouse Run Montage!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrju1exMzK8&feature=youtu.be

I made a mistake editing the last clip, but you have already seen the superior version posted by Sirialis.

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    ... When do you guys sleep?

That time I was bladedancing in your video and the guy was firing tethers, yeah he barely missed my face twice, if he had hit the ground below him instead my super would have been nullified immediately though, his mistake and my gain.

... Sadly your clip has the one time I actually remember teabagging anyone :sad: I did it because that jackass kept doing it to me the entire match and it pissed me the fuck off, I felt bad about it immediately though, I want to be better than that.

Just wish you could have "Bow" and "Disagree" on at the same time (Slow Clap for lagswitchers), depending on how the other team acts.

Sirialis on
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Flawless with Booker and Jay on my hunter. It's the first time I've gotten to the Lighthouse on my hunter since the April update. Now he can finally wear Bastet! Last Flawless run Jay and I ran the last word and sniper rifles, embracing the meta. This winning run we both rocked fusion rifles the whole time. I love my thesan. Got a bulletproof on the last match. 8-)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgiwHyC_MxY

Flawless with Booker and Siri on my titan. I ran with twilight garrison and swapped between shoulder charge and juggernaut depending on the map. I love being able to run headlong into a sniper lane and have my juggernaut shield eat the bullet. It's the first time the three of us as a team have made it to the Lighthouse in a while, so I was excited about that.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Euj5twCrqc

My warlock lost out at 8-1 to a spike grenade. How embarrassing.

edited September 2016
    I found the ending of our last match hilarious to see from your point of view, you fist of havoc 2 of them while I killed the 3rd guy and I'm just hauling ass back to you guys with my arc blade out only to zap around a little and go "Oh, I guess you guys are fine?" and wave.

Also that Axion Bolt you talked about not hitting you there, it didnt damage you because it was primed for me, I ran past you at the second it started homing.

Sirialis on
    edited September 2016
    "Hi all - Crucible Radio here - we recently interviewed Deej and Derek Carroll of Bungie! We talked about the community, clans, private matches and the future of the Crucible in this exclusive interview! Let's get right to the good stuff:
    JUICY DETAILS

Rule customization and how they feel about players creating their own rules for sweats.
    How the tournament license came about and what the limitations mean to organizers.
    What uses do they see people utilizing private matches for
    Some insight into how they made every game mode available on all maps.
    How each trials map is selected and why cauldron is a terrible one.
    Balance in Trials maps and why sides are important.
    Changes to salvage inbound!
    Possible changes to trials when it comes back in a few weeks.
    All this and much more!

BONUS: Friend of the podcast KeenKoala stopped by PAX this weekend and blapped some heads in Supremacy Rumble. He chats with Birds about his impressions. Some highlights include:

New Dead orbit shotgun perk trees.
    Possible changes to bloom incoming? and other weapon balance thoughts.
    Thoughts on the new artifacts and how amazing the no sprint cooldown one is."

http://www.crucibleradio.com/

:tell_me_more:

Sirialis on
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Celian wrote: »
    I love how Destiny is kinda like riding a bike. I haven't played since April, but it's such an easy game to just pick back up and play again. Getting that Challenge of Elder done to finish my Y2 Triumph made me pretty excited about September 20th. Until then... I need to save Azeroth from the Legion invasion... brb!

Pvp definitely doesn't feel like riding a bike. Feels more like sex where if it's been too long it's over super quick.

Then i respawn... For the ladies
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Booker wrote: »
    I am pretty sad they have mtashed announcing the first mlg destiny thing. I think he's a dbag.

KeenKoala is like... Right there

If I remember correctly, mtashed is the guy who repeated that there was no bullet magnetism on Sniper Rifles. That is a special kind of gaslighting wrongness

Uou are correct. TrueVanguard also made a video about that about a year and a bit ago. He is much friendlier toward everyone though, and I think it came off the back of mtashed doing so so I can forgive TV.

I just watched it again. mTashed is insufferable. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRJ4CdU8sMk

He comes off as a dick but from what I remember most of what he's saying is true. Year 1 her benevolence was a much much easier snipe than 1kys. The difference was everyone has a god roll benevolence. So it was fair. Not everyone had a god roll 1kys. I never got one.

But sniping was slightly harder in y2, he's right about that. It's just a lot if other factors made sniping more prevalent and annoying to deal with. But the actual mechanic of aiming and killing was a bit harder

616610-1.png
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    I'm getting a bit of Lighthouse envy with all these runs you guys are posting...

...Might have to dig back in after RoI drops

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • IDDQDIDDQD Registered User regular
    Anyone PS4-side interested in a CoE 30/90 card? Realized I haven't yet done CoE on my Hunter this week. Otherwise, just looking for some Arcadians to jam some Destiny with.

Live: Flynnt Loch | PSN: FlynntLoch | Steam: flynnt_loch
  • mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    Arteen just got back, sorry for bailing. If you guys still wanna try hmu.

Sorry dudes. I just started crashing real hard. I'm weak and I'm sorry

Maybe next time!

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Anyone on PS4 interested in doing the King's Fall nowabouts?

EDIT: Put it up on the100. Normal mode.

Descendant X on
    Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!

I do, need to get the golgoth fragment more than anything before it's gone. If not then I be screweddddd

Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
    edited September 2016
    This weeks Flawless run, my point of view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRGx8L7mtM4

There were uttered a few curse words over shadestep and those rotating doorway things on Burning Shrine in those early clips, thats for sure.

Sirialis on
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular

I do, need to get the golgoth fragment more than anything before it's gone. If not then I be screweddddd

@Descendant X You guys may want to open it up to pubbies instead of group to fill it up. I can't do KF until tonight. NM shouldn't be too bad with pubs.

PSN: jfrofl
    Radiation wrote: »

@Descendant X You guys may want to open it up to pubbies instead of group to fill it up. I can't do KF until tonight. NM shouldn't be too bad with pubs.

I did just that. Thanks for the tip!

I got an invite to Trials while playing salvage this morning. Usually (always) I wouldn't accept, but they seemed alright. We made it to six wins, but lost out twice... to the same team. Good job, matchmaking.

Still, it was fun. I had a few good moments.

https://youtu.be/R9aglj0URik

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Booker wrote: »
    Aw, my fitbit is telling me that I'm supposed to be sleeping now, and I don't have my mic here.

I think I'll totally make a non-token effort to do at least one trials thing tomorrow. :hydra:

I hope so. I even friended you!

lol... how can I refuse a call to arms from PA's Iron Lord of Wolves?

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    I'm getting a bit of Lighthouse envy with all these runs you guys are posting...

Yeah I was kind of thinking about that too

I actually thought you had to go completely flawless to get ANYTHING but seeing that you get something at 5 makes me a bit more interested

• EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Load up salvage (daily + bounty). One pub is treating it like clash. The other while not afk did not fire a single shot from what I saw. RoI will fix this right? :P

EvilMonkey on
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
    edited September 2016
    Khraul wrote: »

Yeah I was kind of thinking about that too

I actually thought you had to go completely flawless to get ANYTHING but seeing that you get something at 5 makes me a bit more interested

I think you start getting items at 3 wins+ (5 is armor, 7 is weapon) also most people should be able to finish the 6 different trials bounties eventually, the gold one gives a random piece of armor/weapon.

Sirialis on
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Do "survey a location" patrol missions have a different icon than scouting missions? I just need to survey a location to finish this quest, but i cant friggin find one. I finally had one say "survey the area" instead of "scout the base" but it didnt complete the quest... been at this all morning, and its reminding me why I stopped playing this game =/

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Possible changes to trials when it comes back in a few weeks.

Hopefully it will be something like what I posted a few pages back, where losses would set players back a win on the card, but wouldn't outright invalidate the card. The more I think about it, the more I want it.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    So apparently I managed to max out my xbox live storage o_O

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    I am also pretty sure that Alpha team is going to rock Bravo.

Alpha is basically BSK and iAM mushed together, Bravo has fewer existing relationships.

Also it's like 80% primarily snipers for the line up.

Agreed, Bravo has too many "passive" snipers, hard too see them beating out Lumi and his BSK buddies, who are the champs at aggressive pinching.

Oh, and my bad, I think I got Keenkoala and EA_Forum_Moderator mixed up in my head. I absolutely love Keenkoala's bootcamp vids - they are an absolute must-watch for any budding Crucible enthusiast. I rewatch certain vids sometimes when I find myself getting stupid sloppy with sightlines and positioning.

I'll add Luminosity, Ramblinn, DrLupo, and WTFPoshy to the mix of streamers to follow, especially if you main Nightstalkers. Ninja_with_no_L is also great if you want to see great Twilight Garrison Titan movement. Like Apo says though, AEGabriel is the skating king.

Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    IDDQD wrote: »
    Anyone PS4-side interested in a CoE 30/90 card? Realized I haven't yet done CoE on my Hunter this week. Otherwise, just looking for some Arcadians to jam some Destiny with.

@IDDQD - I would be up for that within the next 4ish hours

• IDDQDIDDQD Registered User regular
    Saving this for future Iron Banner shenanigans - Touch of Malice fireteam, no reloading..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En8Sdti0P48

Live: Flynnt Loch | PSN: FlynntLoch | Steam: flynnt_loch
  • BookerBooker Registered User regular
    It is painful watching him refuse to cast his grenades and super.

edited September 2016
    New Relic can seemingly have all 3 stats on a single piece.

P3ejGrQ.jpg

Sirialis on
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Arteen pointed out, on that particular piece it wouldn't matter because Int is useless

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    It should have max value Int just to troll us.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Do "survey a location" patrol missions have a different icon than scouting missions? I just need to survey a location to finish this quest, but i cant friggin find one. I finally had one say "survey the area" instead of "scout the base" but it didnt complete the quest... been at this all morning, and its reminding me why I stopped playing this game =/

I forget which icon is for the two, but one patrol has you find an spot and hold X(square) and ghost takes a couple seconds to scan.
    The other version you have to physically get to a particular spot (sometimes hard to get to up high) and stand in the location while the % done slowly ticks up until complete.
    #1 is simple and easy, #2 is garbage and wastes your time.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
This discussion has been closed.