As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Legion: I have sacrificed everything...

RoeRoe Always to the EastRegistered User regular
edited September 2016 in MMO Extravaganza
10iiiz7.jpg

Legion is now Live!

Demon-Hunter-02-1024x567.jpg

Become a Demon Hunter and help stem the invasion of the Burning Legion on Azeroth.

broken-isles-map.jpg

Quest with your friends in Broken Isles at any of the locations you want. Characters of different level meets the same resistance and rewards as if you were in your own level zone in earlier expansions.

World-of-Warcraft-PvP.jpg

Take part in PVP and earn special Talents. Wants to go for cosmetic awards? Reset your talent tree and earn Prestige levels!

WoW-Legion-Class-Order-Hall-Paladin-980x500.jpg

Level up artifacts: Powerful weapons that's level up as you gain special power items. Recruit followers and go on missions in Class Halls.

oHw5R0V.jpg
Roe on

• EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    They really lean on this stun and mustache twirl thing...I thought maybe it was hyperbole but every single zone has it happen. Often multiple times.

Surely there's better ways to tell the story then that.

I really wish I didn't need to do the faction quests in stormheim for flying. Because it's just frustrating...I don't want to waste my time on your personal quibbles when the burning legion is not only more interesting it's also the actual threat.

EnclaveofGnomes on
  • cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    Is the PA guild on Draenor still around? I've been looking for NICE guys, but haven't seen any yet.

MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Hah the DK capstone quest is something else:
    A botched attempt to recruit Tirion by raiding Lights Hope for his corpse, which leads to Mograine mangled and scarred, which leads to the Lich King adding him to the 4 horsemen.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    A big help especially in the more vertical zones:

In Highmountain there are 4 parts of a kite in treasures. If you combine them you get a kite.

This is not a regular slowfall, but a steerable 300-400% movement speed 1 minute glide. (You will die I'd you fall from great height at the end)

I advice anyone to look up the kite on wowhead and pick it up.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Halls of Just Pull Everything, We're Going To Get It Anyway When We Run Back And People Forget

liEt3nH.png
    Halls of Just Pull Everything, We're Going To Get It Anyway When We Run Back And People Forget

I'm not convinced you can skip that many in the first place, the packs on each side of the doors always seem to add.

On anything below Mythic+ I'd rather just kill them.

The Hunter zone makes people behave really dumb for some reason though.

• FalvesFalves Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »

In Highmountain there are 4 parts of a kite in treasures. If you combine them you get a kite.

This is not a regular slowfall, but a steerable 300-400% movement speed 1 minute glide. (You will die I'd you fall from great height at the end)

That is exactly what I need to get to Conjurer Margoss' island.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

I'm not convinced you can skip that many in the first place, the packs on each side of the doors always seem to add.

"we beat the wolf guys! everyone run back there is no more trash in the area!"

(wipe on 4 bears and a dragon)

liEt3nH.png
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    A botched attempt to recruit Tirion by raiding Lights Hope for his corpse, which leads to Mograine mangled and scarred, which leads to the Lich King adding him to the 4 horsemen.

This expansion seems to feel the need to balance very cool content by doing incredibly stupid things.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular

In my experience it's "Let's skip everything (except the dragon and 3 yaks that we pull trying to skip everything) and water strider across the lake to the where the boss goes after you fight him. Without fighting him. Then complain that the boss hasn't spawned."

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
    Shadowhope wrote: »

This expansion seems to feel the need to balance very cool content by doing incredibly stupid things.

On the one hand yes
    On the other hand it fits with the LK having big plans that get screwed up by heroes, it's just that for once the player is on the wrong side.

I have taken to hug the walls on both sides.

You kill 4 more mobs than moving through the pond but no asspulling mobs that wander.

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »

I don't think that's new to this expansion.

"There must always be a Lich King."

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular

There is MORE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev8X2nH7evo&index=1&list=FLG5GfJARpFhlH_rQ3qIQqNw

There is also a link to his first two things in the description. The fist is great though, because it gets you up high to start.

The other one is this emerald thing (forget the name) that can shoot you forward and slightly upward every 3 seconds for 2 minutes or until you hit the ground. I finished getting all 3 and it is great. The emerald part has a long cd though of 10 minutes, but I think the fist is 3 and the kite is 2, so you can still do that.

But with all 3 you can get to places you are likely only going to be able to fly to in the future. Apparently you can fly over to the DK halls from Dalaran.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I do hope when it comes to flying in legion it's not more of the carrot on the stick stuff they did in WOD

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Yay level 110 on my warlock and thank you for the tip on taking some of my followers out as bodyguards they leveled up as well!

• EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    How many parts does the achievement have, are they all in now, do we know when if not they'll be in?

From memory they were pretty tight lipped apart from "You'll be able to start working on it straight away!" which isn't very helpful at all.

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I do hope when it comes to flying in legion it's not more of the carrot on the stick stuff they did in WOD

Goods news everyone, it is.

• MasterOfPupetsMasterOfPupets Registered User regular
    cshadow42 wrote: »
    Is the PA guild on Draenor still around? I've been looking for NICE guys, but haven't seen any yet.

I play my main on Draenor. I'm looking for a decent casual guild too. One I'm in sucks.

In other news, I need 1 felhide (leatherworking rare for legion) for an alchemy quest. Turns out there is also an old BC mat called fel hide. Did not know this. Blew 2k on an old mat since there were none of the right ones on the AH

XBL = MoP54
    PSN = PessimistMaximus
    camo_sig2.png
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Oh hey new thread. Got my Underlight Angler.

Getting from 700 to 800 fishing wasn't too bad actually, all the rare fish give you 5 skill for throwing them back and there's a few infinite pools you can find if you use the right bait and stuff.
    Now to watch for fishing world quests.

Can I get an herbalism world quest for felwort even if my herb skill is low?

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Oh hey new thread. Got my Underlight Angler.

Getting from 700 to 800 fishing wasn't too bad actually, all the rare fish give you 5 skill for throwing them back and there's a few infinite pools you can find if you use the right bait and stuff.
    Now to watch for fishing world quests.

Can I get an herbalism world quest for felwort even if my herb skill is low?

There used to be a skill requirement of 300 or more to get the rare gathering missions to pop, but they seemed to have ditched that for live. As far as I know, getting them is just as random as getting anything else.

Apparently the rare profession missions arent showing on the map, you just have to stumble on them.

XBL = MoP54
    PSN = PessimistMaximus
    camo_sig2.png
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Oh pah, you have a follower limit in your class hall? Why even give them to me then? Anyone have suggestions on who to deactivate for priests?

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Got the laystone set today on my blacksmith. I actually really like how it looks. Probably just make it for the transmogs.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    What's the discord info? I would like to start running legion dungeons (alliance side), but these hour long queues are crazy

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
    I PMed you the info

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Apparently the rare profession missions arent showing on the map, you just have to stumble on them.

I see Vantus rune world quests on my map as an Inscriptioneer(on that note fuck you Blizzard). I haven't seen anything for enchanting so far, conversely.

The world quest to play the withered/falanaar mini-game also does not show up on the map when it's available, so make sure you're talking to the First Arcanist periodically.

Well, I've found 1 felwort quest, and it wasnt on the map. In addition I've stumbled on at least 2 fishing quests, and 1 alchemy turn in world quest that weren't on a map. Also, 3 regular world quests (kill x mobs, clear x area) one of which awarded an 815 boe chest.

I think it could be by design. Some are told for you, some are found.

XBL = MoP54
    PSN = PessimistMaximus
    camo_sig2.png
  • squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    I PMed you the info

If you don't mind I'd like an invite as well, hr cues when I decide to dps are not going to happen ><

oHqYBTXm.jpg
    Done

Ehh, gearing for heroics is a bitch. Whoever idea it was to make the base Ilvl dropped by normals be less than the required ilvl to do heroics should be slapped.

XBL = MoP54
    PSN = PessimistMaximus
    camo_sig2.png
  • SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Ehh, gearing for heroics is a bitch. Whoever idea it was to make the base Ilvl dropped by normals be less than the required ilvl to do heroics should be slapped.

Everything that drops in normals can warforge.
    WQs drops also get up there
    Then there is crafting

steam_sig.png
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I still can't decide what I wanna play for an alt; I had planned on priest but neither shadow or disc seems very good at the moment

I should probably just play this paladin

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    ~800 ilevel prot warrior seems pretty powerful, how are other tank classes fairing?

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
  • exisexis Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I skipped WoD. Bought Legion and boosted my priest to 100, but at 103 I kinda regret it since I find shadow kinda boring these days apparently. Wish I boosted a hunter instead.

But then I started a Demon Hunter which was way more fun than I thought it would be. So I might main that up to 110 instead.

e: I think this expansion is my favourite yet. Everything feels different enough that it's interesting, and I haven't yet hit a massive stream of boring gotta-slog-through-this quests.

exis on
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
  • EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    I still can't decide what I wanna play for an alt; I had planned on priest but neither shadow or disc seems very good at the moment

I should probably just play this paladin

My buddy who is playing priest and only playing those 2 specs is doing just fine. He can heal heroics as disc, and ive seen him get 270k dps on a boss fight in a dungeon.

If there is one thing to make you not want to level a bunch of alts, it's that you would have to do all the suramar quests a bunch of times.

Shadow single target is incredible because Surrender to Madness is a super good talent. Multi-target is decent, because you can maintain DoTs on 3 targets while in Void Form fairly easily. It's dungeons and AoE that they suck at, because Mind Sear still barely has a reason to exist beyond tagging a group that a tank is AoEing down outside somewhere before you start helping to make sure you get the tag.

edited September 2016
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    It will definitely be the most misspelled word this expansion.

I'm already annoyed at half the variations!

Lorahalo on
This discussion has been closed.