As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Syzygy

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited September 2016 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Syzygy

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• RenegadePhantomRenegadePhantom Registered User regular
    Has the stream been put online yet? Really want to see it!:)

• HeWhoSeesHeWhoSees Registered User regular
    Has that...hot dog...fairy even appeared in the comic before? It's just REALLY random.

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    HeWhoSees wrote: »
    Has that...hot dog...fairy even appeared in the comic before? It's just REALLY random.

For like the last 5 years. Since Gabe switched up his art style.

It's like the cats in Camp Weedonwancha. A little easter egg for the readers. He just makes it super obvious for the PAX panel comics since it'd be too small on the big projector screen.

• ThornMartinThornMartin Registered User regular

https://www.twitch.tv/pax/v/87638811

• RenegadePhantomRenegadePhantom Registered User regular

https://www.twitch.tv/pax/v/87638811

Thanks! You're awesome!

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    I actually took note of how well-drawn the fairy was this time. Usually it's just a sketched-in afterthought, despite being an obligatory "thing".

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »

It's like the cats in Camp Weedonwancha. A little easter egg for the readers. He just makes it super obvious for the PAX panel comics since it'd be too small on the big projector screen.

It's only in the PAX panel comics. Someone requested it way back in the day so he put it in. Then it became a thing.

This is definitely the most well-rendered hotdog fairy I've seen though.

steam_sig.png
  • dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    So is there actually an online video of the For the Watch game, like there was last time? Or is it locked down because of the deal with Fathom? I poked around everywhere I could think of with no luck.

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    MichaelLC wrote: »

It's only in the PAX panel comics. Someone requested it way back in the day so he put it in. Then it became a thing.

This is definitely the most well-rendered hotdog fairy I've seen though.

:: disappointed emoji::

MichaelLC on
  • WordLustWordLust Fort Wayne, INRegistered User regular
    hot dog fairy is a recurring PAX panel tradition

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    WordLust wrote: »
    People asking in the comments about the hot dog fairy is ALSO a tradition. :D

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • GDT1985GDT1985 Registered User regular
    dennis wrote: »
    So is there actually an online video of the For the Watch game, like there was last time? Or is it locked down because of the deal with Fathom? I poked around everywhere I could think of with no luck.

It is on the PAX Arena twitch channel. I had to check every video of that day to find it though.

• WordLustWordLust Fort Wayne, INRegistered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    WordLust wrote: »
    People asking in the comments about the hot dog fairy is ALSO a tradition. :D

Touche.

• PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    I think I've missed several of these games, but I don't know how many. I remember multiple acid-pits.

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    GDT1985 wrote: »

It is on the PAX Arena twitch channel. I had to check every video of that day to find it though.

Argh. Don't suppose there's a way for you to give a direct link, then?

• DrogeistDrogeist Registered User regular
    GDT1985 wrote: »

Argh. Don't suppose there's a way for you to give a direct link, then?

For some reason, it's the best kept secret (especially considering the hype/publicity): https://twitch.tv/paxarena/v/87247687

Starts about 21 minutes in!