As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny] Rise of Iron: "Wizirds are the worst. The WORST."

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Possible changes to trials when it comes back in a few weeks.

Hopefully it will be something like what I posted a few pages back, where losses would set players back a win on the card, but wouldn't outright invalidate the card. The more I think about it, the more I want it.

I am wondering if they are going to enable SBMM on the playlist. That would be so disruptive.

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Do "survey a location" patrol missions have a different icon than scouting missions? I just need to survey a location to finish this quest, but i cant friggin find one. I finally had one say "survey the area" instead of "scout the base" but it didnt complete the quest... been at this all morning, and its reminding me why I stopped playing this game =/

Is this the dreadnaught mission?

I do remember this at all otherwise.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Decent amount of lagswitchers out today, wondering if people who aren't buying RoI are saying "fuck it" and just going for it

• WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    So first time doing Trials was pretty hilarious @Grifter @the raging platypus

Got the cloak
    And from the gold bounty I uh.. got a doctrine of passing

With Persistance, Braced Frame, and Counterbalance

Well golly

*edit
    Ahh, I guess ToO weapons have set perk lists? Learn more every day! Still happy!

Wassermelone on
  • IDDQDIDDQD Registered User regular

Got the cloak

Well golly

*edit
    Ahh, I guess ToO weapons have set perk lists? Learn more every day! Still happy!

The third tier is what counts, and you sir turned up a winner.

Live: Flynnt Loch | PSN: FlynntLoch | Steam: flynnt_loch
    Man, if only it didn't look like a Borderlands gun

• IDDQDIDDQD Registered User regular
    @Wassermelone you still interested in CoE?

Live: Flynnt Loch | PSN: FlynntLoch | Steam: flynnt_loch
    IDDQD wrote: »
    @Wassermelone you still interested in CoE?

Just got off Destiny for the night :(

Midnight here

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Do "survey a location" patrol missions have a different icon than scouting missions? I just need to survey a location to finish this quest, but i cant friggin find one. I finally had one say "survey the area" instead of "scout the base" but it didnt complete the quest... been at this all morning, and its reminding me why I stopped playing this game =/

Is this the dreadnaught mission?

I do remember this at all otherwise.

It's an early game quest. Patrols 101 or some dumb thing where you have to do three "kill X amount of enemies" and one of every other kind of patrol mission. I think Custom Special set me straight, though. One of the patrol icons is a ghost I think. I must've been skipping that one.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    Arteen wrote: »
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Possible changes to trials when it comes back in a few weeks.

Hopefully it will be something like what I posted a few pages back, where losses would set players back a win on the card, but wouldn't outright invalidate the card. The more I think about it, the more I want it.

I am wondering if they are going to enable SBMM on the playlist. That would be so disruptive.
    Having just listened it doesn't sound very major...

It was more or less "trials is trials and I mean, we have new gear for you. Something something hopefully we can have a surprise or two in there" or something to that effect, to hear it made it sound very minor if anything happen

Dead Orbit shotgun is matador archetype
    No sprint lock Artifact sounds amaaaaaaaaazing
    Eeeeeeeeeeeee

The hype train has no brakes.

• Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Me and jjae need one more for Trials, anybody on the xbox side up for a run?

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    @Peen

When are you available again for Vault? If we can get a timeframe down a little more ahead of time we can probably get a group for it

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular

Got the cloak

Well golly

*edit

That was some hilarious fun - that shotgun clutch on Asylum had me cheering so loud that wife ran into my office in a panic ("I was scared, you NEVER sound this happy playing Crucible!"), and you nabbed a god roll Doctrine out of it as well!

And yes, I totally jinxed that last match on Burning Shrine. Whoops.

Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
    Dead Orbit shotgun is matador archetype
    No sprint lock Artifact sounds amaaaaaaaaazing
    Eeeeeeeeeeeee

Are you shitting me? As if there weren't more hype around this DO shotty already, lol.

And no sprint artifact means you'll never be at head level when traversing the map, gonna sliiiiiide foreveeeeeeer wheeeeeeee

DO shotgun also can roll with kneepads...

• BookerBooker Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Those emo punks are pulling me back in.

Booker on
    Booker wrote: »
    Those emo punks are pulling me back in.

Nooooooooo FWC 4 lyfe

• BookerBooker Registered User regular
    Let me know when FWC has good shotguns.

• jjae2123jjae2123 Registered User regular
    DO gave us the hung jury.

• Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Just did two Trials cards with @jjae2123 and watched him get like fifty armour pieces while I got nothing.
    And then to add insult to injury my gold bounty gave me the Water Star, RIP the Doctrine dream :(

On the plus side I did get invited into the party chat of a team we played so they could shit talk me for being "the biggest fucking warrior ever" so that was nice.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
    Tho to cool some steam off of the DO shotgun

It sounds like Kneepads is likely to compete with the stat boost perks like RifB/RefB/Small Bore

But it can have other range boost perks at other points in the tree

edited September 2016
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Just did two Trials cards with @jjae2123 and watched him get like fifty armour pieces while I got nothing.
    And then to add insult to injury my gold bounty gave me the Water Star, RIP the Doctrine dream :(

On the plus side I did get invited into the party chat of a team we played so they could shit talk me for being "the biggest fucking warrior ever" so that was nice.

>~rip~<

Apothe0sis on
  • jjae2123jjae2123 Registered User regular
    None of those armors were gold tier. So it was like I got legendary marks instead?

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Played further on my Flawless card, hoped for Scarab emblem in particular to drop, no such luck unfortunately.

I appreciate the time you guys spent trying to help me though, @Local H Jay @Booker (I know you would have been up for it too @Arteen )

Sirialis on
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    JLiVPsn.jpg

Also, I totally called it a few weeks back that this Memory was one to look out for and now Bungie seemingly altered Skorri's ability before release.

Before it read like "Allies get supers faster from being near you" like an opposite Transcendence effect, it did not mention that you had to have full super before.

Sirialis on
    I wonder if you can or need to change/reroll the stats on the new artifacts

and also 34/77 + 31/74 at 360 is way low in the current environment, stat curves getting altered maybe?

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Isn't 360 the rough equivalent of current 290 gear? In which case that wouldn't be terribly different (if at all).

edited September 2016
    Yeah, but then that means that existing LL stuff will be tuned down

Apothe0sis on
  • ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    Booker wrote: »
    It is painful watching him refuse to cast his grenades and super.

Apparently it was also against the rules to try to cap B instead of capping point A and C which would do literally nothing other than fuck spawns...and infuriate the viewer. I was practically begging for him to actually play Control, instead of Team Deathmatch, but clearly the rest of his team wasn't capping points either.

• AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Is Combined Arms a new game type? Just played it with some friends, they all loved it.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
    It is an old game type

I have never played

Isn't it larger maps with vehicles? The ones they removed from Control early on.

• AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Yeah. It was a Control match on the moon with a bunch of alternating vehicle spawns. I was super confused when I loaded in.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Man I've missed those maps so much. I hope Destiny 2 has its own version of BTB with Fallen Walkers and Heavy Pikes zipping around!

Man I've missed those maps so much. I hope Destiny 2 has its own version of BTB with Fallen Walkers and Heavy Pikes zipping around!
    I liked the bigger maps too, but snipers were (and still are) ridiculous on those maps. The special ammo nerfs didn't do much to fix it.

A version of Sparrow Race with mounted guns and power ups like Mario Kart would kick ass.

• skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular

game is in dire need of a warthog or something to really spice up the vehicle play

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
    edited September 2016
    In other news, I did some de facto private matches against some friends last night. Tried out a 9 recovery, claws shotgun melee Stormcaller. That combo is nice. But oh god, I cannot use any supers except golden gun.

Artifacts are going to push this into lalaland. Also, I cannot mida.

Apothe0sis on
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    For the min/maxers in the room... Tier 12 capable items available from The Speaker and Variks this week.

*Strength of the Pack* Hunter Cloak- Int 18(28)/Str 19(28) @90-96% (pulse rifle and sidearm focus)

*Season of Ages XII* Titan Mark- Dis 19(28)/Str19(28) @92-100% (scout and fusion rifle focus)

*White Polygon Construct* Warlock Bond- Dis 18(28)/Str 20(28) @94-98% (hand cannon and machine gun focus)

*Devils' Disguise* Hunter Cloak- Dis 21(33)/Str 20(32) @90-94% (hand cannon and sniper focus)

*Kells' Cloak* Hunter Cloak- Int 21(32)/Dis 22(32) @94-98% (scout and matching gun focus)

*Devils' Mark* Titan Mark- Dis 20(32)/Str 22(32) @92-96% (scout and rocket focus)

*King's Mark* Titan Mark- Int 22(33)/Str (22(32) @96-100% (scout and machine gun focus)

Edit - (Warning, blatant copy/paste from reddit. Grain of salt, etc... items are either T12 or T12 capable if you have mostly gold tier items)

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
This discussion has been closed.