As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Legion: I have sacrificed everything...

• FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
  • InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular
    Roe wrote: »
    ~800 ilevel prot warrior seems pretty powerful, how are other tank classes fairing?

I feel like my prot paladin can cling to the ropes really well if I'm on the ball with cooldowns.

• CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    So...I've got no idea what to do now. I thought I finished the four main zones (I have the 4 800 pieces from the instances), but nothing popped after it. I'm unsure what to do or where to go now, really. I'm at 109 and I guess I'm just going to go back to zones and...do stuff? I don't know. I haven't even touched Suramar, but I also don't have any quest for it or anything.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    do you think eyir is working on a report to HR about odyn getting drunk and sending adventurers to kill her new recruits

liEt3nH.png
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Yeah Suramar is 110 only. I guess your options at this point are to go back to the zones and finish up any optional questlines you missed (Nessingwary in Highmountain would be a good one to finish off a level) and do your other artifact quests to net some exp.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    I've done three of the four zones fully, Got the achievements, and I'm sitting with about 20% to 110 at the start of the fourth zone. I'll just get the zone faction to friendly when I'll hit 110 to the the world quest stuff rolling. Worry about the zone achieve later.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Crayon wrote: »
    So...I've got no idea what to do now. I thought I finished the four main zones (I have the 4 800 pieces from the instances), but nothing popped after it. I'm unsure what to do or where to go now, really. I'm at 109 and I guess I'm just going to go back to zones and...do stuff? I don't know. I haven't even touched Suramar, but I also don't have any quest for it or anything.

I got 110 with no dungeons and very little rest exp before finishing 3/4 (valsharah completely untouched). And I'm still finding random quest chains everywhere.
    Did you just do the main chain and ignore every other ! you saw?

steam_sig.png
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Smrtnik wrote: »

I got 110 with no dungeons and very little rest exp before finishing 3/4 (valsharah completely untouched). And I'm still finding random quest chains everywhere.

You gotta do Val'sharah man. Really cool quest line and zone.

The forest is amazing.

Krathoon on
  • squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    I had all of Aszuna and about 1/2 - 3/4 of Val'Sharah left when I hit 110. Just did the end quest dungeon once for each zone/class quest stuff along the way.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Oh, wow, actually witnessed someone get a legendary. The mage bracers.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    So...I haven't played this since Wrath. Everything has changed. What do I do now?

(Fresh account btw)

PSN: jfrofl
    Radiation wrote: »
    So...I haven't played this since Wrath. Everything has changed. What do I do now?

(Fresh account btw)

"waves"

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    squall99x wrote: »
    Radiation wrote: »

(Fresh account btw)

"waves"

Oh why hello!
    Friend convinced me to roll horde on Garona.

PSN: jfrofl
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    How are other hunters turning Hati into other animals?

• EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    So I got to 110 and had some really awkward moment with that light's heart object in my order hall...I was wondering where the condensed stupid in the writing was going to emerge.

WoD at it's worst levels of fan fiction kind of story telling...really cannoned any motivation I had to pursue that plot line.
    So now Illidan is the messiah...is metzen going to start voicing this one too?

Brainleech wrote: »
    How are other hunters turning Hati into other animals?

There is an item you buy that you click on Hati and it turns her into whatever your current pet is I believe.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    re: child of light and shadow
    I was all ready to see more Anduin lore development, because he's the child of light and shadow right? Right???

ILLIDAN? Fuck out of here with that trite garbage

• TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Beasteh wrote: »
    I was all ready to see more Anduin lore development, because he's the child of light and shadow right? Right???

Is even more cringey when you remember than in BC, the Naaru were the ones that sended adventurers against him. What the fuck.

Anyways. I got to the Heroic threesold on the weekend (817 now, with a couple of 825 pieces) and almost done with the campaign. Haven't really touched Suramar besides the minimal to unlock WQ, but is a very well crafted zone. Though on the theme, is basically the BloodNight Elves, that grew dependant on the SunNightwell, which changed their appereance and now have their leader, Kael'thasMagistrix what's-her-name going evil and joining the Legion.

A thing with Val'sharah, if you haven't readed War of the Ancient, you will be going "Who?" quite a bit on the last bit.

TryCatcher on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Trial of Valor has no requirements but there is an attunement for Karazhan.

Bringing everything back!

Please send us back to the Arcatraz.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular

Illidian is the false messiah.

MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular
    cshadow42 wrote: »

Illidian is the false messiah.
    He is not the messiah, he is a very naughty boy.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    TryCatcher wrote: »

Is even more cringey when you remember than in BC, the Naaru were the ones that sended adventurers against him. What the fuck.

Anyways. I got to the Heroic threesold on the weekend (817 now, with a couple of 825 pieces) and almost done with the campaign. Haven't really touched Suramar besides the minimal to unlock WQ, but is a very well crafted zone. Though on the theme, is basically the BloodNight Elves, that grew dependant on the SunNightwell, which changed their appereance and now have their leader, Kael'thasMagistrix what's-her-name going evil and joining the Legion.

A thing with Val'sharah, if you haven't readed War of the Ancient, you will be going "Who?" quite a bit on the last bit.

"The Naaru work in mysterious ways."

• crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    Was there a link to this thread in the old thread that I missed ;-)

Hit 110 on Sunday, unlocked WQs yesterday, and now working on the grind to gear up. World Quests have been good so far... some have been really tough! But that's a good thing so far. Can't wait to get into heroics/mythics/raids.

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Are we getting that WoW companion app today?

I don't see it on the stores yet....i want it now!

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I did Val'sharah and was decidedly "meh" about it. Then again, I don't read quest text anymore. The zone didn't really grab me, either. I'm in Azsuna now and I'm getting similar feelings. I just opened up the "Captain Stash" (or w/e his name is) quest hub, so hopefully more stuff is coming. It *was* fun to drop weapons in the bonus event area and watch the NPCs overrun the naga, but in the end, that area was just a whole lot of riding around, with the occasional fight with a Giant because I got too close.

I'll probably try Stormheim next and see if it gets its hooks in me.

Was there a link to this thread in the old thread that I missed ;-)
    The other one wasn't officially closed. I think someone wrote a new OP and mistakenly opened this up, but I'm doing a lot of speculating.

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    cshadow42 wrote: »
    Is the PA guild on Draenor still around? I've been looking for NICE guys, but haven't seen any yet.

We're still there. I wouldn't really say we have a big PA presence, though. We also don't have as many people logging on as we did during WoD. I'm not sure if there are any raiding plans, but I'm personally not intending to take part in raiding this expansion outside of LFR.

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Val'Sharah is pretty much Teldrassil and Feralas mixed together

Aszuna is Azshara

Stormheim is Howling Fjord with less Scourge (well, depending on your point of view).

Starting Highmountain tonight.

edited September 2016

No? I was talking about the main quest chain for the main plotline. I was really just trying to get the story thread knocked out and then worry about filling in the gaps. I asked because I wasn't sure if there was something I was supposed to do. Sorry if that wasn't entirely clear, I didn't really say that in any way at all-hah.

Crayon on
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Nobody wrote: »
    Val'Sharah is pretty much Teldrassil and Feralas mixed together

Aszuna is Azshara

Stormheim is Howling Fjord with less Scourge (well, depending on your point of view).

Starting Highmountain tonight.

I also got a bit of a Grizzly Hills vibe from Stormheim.

Also, I think that some parts of Stormheim and Halls of Valor use Ulduar music.

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
    So, these world quests...how do you go about actually doing them? Is the pop that small already that these aren't like around the clock things that happen? Sitting here at one boss thing for about 10 minutes now and no one has showed up.

usually you get a pop up of a local leader talking to you, explaining the quest...its kinda hard to miss.
    the mobs respawn pretty quick far as i can tell.

edited September 2016

No? I was talking about the main quest chain for the main plotline. I was really just trying to get the story thread knocked out and then worry about filling in the gaps. I asked because I wasn't sure if there was something I was supposed to do. Sorry if that wasn't entirely clear, I didn't really say that in any way at all-hah.

Did you not knock out any bonus content, either? After the XP waterfall of bonus events in WoD, I made sure to do every one I've come across so far. The events alone are around 45k XP, not counting the XP from the mobs you kill to fill the bar.

Mugsley on
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular

Did you skip some chapters in each zone? Because I am 106 and only through 2 zones.

• CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    I'm a little surprised Crayon is having issues also but I think he said he just went through the main quest for the plotline so that explains it.

I hit 107 myself last night and have finished Aszuna, Val'sharah and done Halls of Valor and the Aszuna dungeon once each. I've got my order hall quests up as far as I can (as a druid) until I level more.

I'm planning to start Stormheim tonight and thinking I may hit 110 before I finish Stormheim leaving Highmountain as post 110 content.

Jubal77 wrote: »

Did you skip some chapters in each zone? Because I am 106 and only through 2 zones.

I hit 110 after 2 and a half zones of full questing. (Stormhelm, Azuna, and half of druid happy land).

Only did a few LFG dungeons but was very methodical looking for all the quests. I stopped questing after finishing Druid-fun land until i get some more knowledge ranks for the ubre rewards.

• Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    So I'm closing in on 110 on my warrior, with a pretty even split between AP spent on DPS weapon vs Prot weapon.
    What's the consensus on off-spec Artifact Power spending? Is there one?

I would focus on your on-spec...later when you have multiple ranks of knowledge, you can reconsider buffing one of them since it would be easy at that point to fill in several bubbles of abilities with just a few items. Then again, I dont really have an off spec since i dont really like my main characters other specs...so maybe im bias.

• CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    @Grape Ape my understanding is there are points in the artifact tree where you can fully level an artifact to that level for an off spec rather than getting the next trait. I believe this happens at 13 and 18 respectively and maybe after that point also.

So if you're trying to get an artifact leveled and get one to that 13th trait then the same amount of AP will get you to the 13th trait in a secondary artifact. The same applies to go to the 18th spot in one artifact. I don't remember the exact points but there is some documentation I've seen on either reddit or MMO Champ about it.

http://www.wowhead.com/guides/legion/artifact-weapons#costs has the costs of each one. Going from 13th trait to 14th trait is the point I mentioned above.

Cirira on
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    Yeah, spend AP until it jumps to 6275 wichi is the 14th trait (this is more than steps 1-13). Do it for all your off-spec ones. It's a good use of AP and you'll make it up quickly with world quests, etc.

This discussion has been closed.