As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Legion: I have sacrificed everything...

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    This game just highlights how little free time I have now that I'm an adult.

So many things to do, so little gaming time.

I'm having a blast, though.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Grape Ape wrote: »
    So I'm closing in on 110 on my warrior, with a pretty even split between AP spent on DPS weapon vs Prot weapon.
    What's the consensus on off-spec Artifact Power spending? Is there one?

There was an image posted comparing going full on main spec, and splitting between a main and off. If you keep up with artifact knowledge, you can keep your off spec very close to (and eventually equal with) your main weapon and only be at most 1 week behind someone focusing on the main only. Up until all 50 something points which means maxed completely, it was usually like 3 days behind. Like you can get a main to 34 (all normal talents) and an off to 27 something at the same time for the most part. I think you could get both to 34 1.5 weeks longer.

So in other words, you are not going to be behind much if at all focusing on two. The thing about it is, as you get artifact knowledge, the cost of getting a second weapon up to something a few talents behind a main becomes a matter of like 1 days worth of work. Because of how much the cost ramps up, its artifact knowledge that gates getting any talents period to the point of 3 or 4 ranks lower costing absolutely nothing in comparison.

The common way people point this out is how at 13 points, the 14th point costs roughly the same amount it took to get all 13 previous. Meaning, you just get the 14th point, then get the same amount of power a second time and you have another weapon at 13.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    This is a decent visual guide for it, I think.

ZUUThTR.jpg

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    MasterOfPupetsMasterOfPupets Registered User regular
    For my druid, I put my leveling AP into my boomkin artifact until the first gold trait. Now I'm putting everything into my resto relic until I get me second gold trait (tranquillity while moving... so good...) after that I'll probably bump my boomkin to 13, and probably throw 13 into the tank claws. Don't think I'll do anything with feral... no desire.

XBL = MoP54
    PSN = PessimistMaximus
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »
    squall99x wrote: »
    Radiation wrote: »
    So...I haven't played this since Wrath. Everything has changed. What do I do now?

(Fresh account btw)

"waves"

Oh why hello!
    Friend convinced me to roll horde on Garona.

Servers don't much matter any more, unfortunately faction still does. Horde *boo, hiss*, I'm alliance. I played Horde for the first half of me playing wow so I could play with friends, then they quit playing and my other friends play alliance. Faction split is stupid. And that is coming from someone who really likes the lore and would gladly have some cognitive dissonance about it just for grouping reasons.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Got to 110 on Friday or Saturday, been cleaning up quests and stuff all weekend. I'm split on Suramar I think. I like the zone overall but it's so weird. Like, I am currently out of quests to do, but I know there are more questlines I have not done. I don't like that there aren't really breadcrumbs. Also a lot of the quests feel really disconnected, more so than other zones. Lot of "Hey it's a random druid, do like 3 things for him and then never talk to him again" things. I do love the idea of building up your little sewer lair town though. I hate Suramar City with all the guards that knock you out of your disguise and then suddenly you have 20 of them on you.

World quests are kind of meh. I guess I expected something more than the bonus objectives from leveling over again. Maybe there are some more interesting ones later, I dunno. I also hate the UI for this. Someone needs to make an add-on to sort these into an actual readable list with rewards presented clearly instead of mindlessly fumbling around zone maps highlighting circles.

There's also a weird thing where sometimes I am just given random world quests automatically, for no apparent reason and I can't find them anywhere on the map. I had one where the Wardens gave me a quest in Dalaran to kill something named "Slumber" but I couldn't figure out what this was and as soon as I took a portal (was heading to darkmoon faire at the time) it vanished. I dunno, lot of weird things like that.

P.S. - that rare in the Moon Guard base that activates golem things? Fuck you and fuck Vanessa VanCleef. The golems are supposed to explode when they get to 1% HP. If they are stunned, the fight bugs put and they cannot be killed at all. Vanessa LOVES to stun everything over and over. *sigh*

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    The druid class hall training dummies are Treants, d'awwwwwwwwwwww

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Crayon wrote: »
    So, these world quests...how do you go about actually doing them? Is the pop that small already that these aren't like around the clock things that happen? Sitting here at one boss thing for about 10 minutes now and no one has showed up.

@Crayon

I've found that if no one else is showing up to kill a world quest boss, you can usually find a group in the group finder using the boss name as a search term.

I don't think the Legion zones are fully CRZ like the old world stuff was during the invasions. I think group finder will solve your issue.

• Options
    Yeah group finder is nice for that. Also I'm finding the lack of a long wowhead comment history for things super annoying. I did group finder for a boss in Suramar after corpse running across various catwalks and such trying to get to her on the rooftop. Get in the group and proceed to watch someone hookshot up to a ledge right by her -_- Seriously? *sigh* The wowhead page comments specifically said I had to go the way I did.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    MercadeMercade Registered User regular
    Questing as a holy priest is a bit repetitive but damn if I'm not near immortal against most mobs, especially with my shadow priest bodyguard in tow. Now I have to sack up and try healing random dungeons...bluh

Switch: SW-1909-0466-9585
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Got to 110 on Friday or Saturday, been cleaning up quests and stuff all weekend. I'm split on Suramar I think. I like the zone overall but it's so weird. Like, I am currently out of quests to do, but I know there are more questlines I have not done. I don't like that there aren't really breadcrumbs. Also a lot of the quests feel really disconnected, more so than other zones. Lot of "Hey it's a random druid, do like 3 things for him and then never talk to him again" things. I do love the idea of building up your little sewer lair town though. I hate Suramar City with all the guards that knock you out of your disguise and then suddenly you have 20 of them on you.

World quests are kind of meh. I guess I expected something more than the bonus objectives from leveling over again. Maybe there are some more interesting ones later, I dunno. I also hate the UI for this. Someone needs to make an add-on to sort these into an actual readable list with rewards presented clearly instead of mindlessly fumbling around zone maps highlighting circles.

There's also a weird thing where sometimes I am just given random world quests automatically, for no apparent reason and I can't find them anywhere on the map. I had one where the Wardens gave me a quest in Dalaran to kill something named "Slumber" but I couldn't figure out what this was and as soon as I took a portal (was heading to darkmoon faire at the time) it vanished. I dunno, lot of weird things like that.

P.S. - that rare in the Moon Guard base that activates golem things? Fuck you and fuck Vanessa VanCleef. The golems are supposed to explode when they get to 1% HP. If they are stunned, the fight bugs put and they cannot be killed at all. Vanessa LOVES to stun everything over and over. *sigh*

Suramar has more quest chains unlocked by faction rep level.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
  • Options
    ImthebOHGODBEESImthebOHGODBEES Registered User regular
    My buddy constantly bemoans that, as a Blood DK, I am nigh-unkillable. I try to counter with "Yeah, but my damage output is frustratingly low!"
    I mean, he's got a point since I did solo Serpentrix for the last 3rd of his health, since we'd screwed up and let the healer die. But it was hard work, darnit! I had to stay on the move and roll all my cooldowns AND use a potion.
    It was at lvl 105, so it's not like it was heroic or anything.
    IS Blood Deathknight OP? Or am I, as I like to think of it, good at utilizing the tools given to me?

Do you, in fact, have any builds in this shop at all?
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Just a heads up for people with the fishing legendary. Rank 3 of Black Barracuda seems to be broken. Soon as I put in the third point, it never collected a full node again. Rank 2 seems to work fine. I don't know if any other traits are affected.

• Options
    Ok how is it this app has a better world quest UI than the game itself? You can easily see at a glance what the rewards are (based on the icon) without having to dip in and out of each zone...

• Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    FYI for Alchemists with World Quests today- Profession quests are being hidden but you can still do them. Check the Violet Citadel in Dalaran. I traded one Rejuvenation potions for a 30 stack of herbs there.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited September 2016

The add-on you're looking for is World Quest Tracker. It's pretty much Master Planner of this expansion.

That's...weird. Slumber is a rare bear in Highmountain. I know some world quests don't seem to appear on the map, but you shouldn't have gotten that one in Dalaran.
    My buddy constantly bemoans that, as a Blood DK, I am nigh-unkillable. I try to counter with "Yeah, but my damage output is frustratingly low!"
    I mean, he's got a point since I did solo Serpentrix for the last 3rd of his health, since we'd screwed up and let the healer die. But it was hard work, darnit! I had to stay on the move and roll all my cooldowns AND use a potion.
    It was at lvl 105, so it's not like it was heroic or anything.
    IS Blood Deathknight OP? Or am I, as I like to think of it, good at utilizing the tools given to me?

What makes blood OP in PvP at least is that even if you manage to kill one, you get no honor thanks to purgatory.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Ok how is it this app has a better world quest UI than the game itself? You can easily see at a glance what the rewards are (based on the icon) without having to dip in and out of each zone...

Have you tried either of these mods? Wondering if they're what you're looking for as far as world quest tracking goes:
    Angry World Quests
    World Quests List

I haven't used either one, but am considering getting an addon after two days of World Questing.

• Options
    Awesome, I will check those out.

And yeah, I feel like maybe something with world quests is just really buggy right now because there have been a few things like that where it just put a world quest on my objective tracker all on its own with no prompt. It's all very confusing. I may have been hearthing from High Mountain, so maybe that was it? I dunno.

• Options
    Supposidly the wow companion app is up on google play, not on iOS yet.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Yeah a big pain in the ass that all the profession quests seem to not be showing up right.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Just finished Stormheim last night and was pleasantly surprised by a cutscene. I have questions...
    -Was this Sylvanas hidden objective while at Stormheim? I know I was there to get a Pillar(?) but the whole capture a Angel goddess thing flew over my head. Or maybe I wasn't paying attention enough to story text.
    -Why did she need the goddess angel being?
    -What did Sylvanas do to Greymanes son?

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    Riokenn wrote: »
    Just finished Stormheim last night and was pleasantly surprised by a cutscene. I have questions...
    -Was this Sylvanas hidden objective while at Stormheim? I know I was there to get a Pillar(?) but the whole capture a Angel goddess thing flew over my head. Or maybe I wasn't paying attention enough to story text.
    I think Greymanes son was killed during the Invasion of Gilneas two expansions back when Garrosh was being a dick.
    I am not positive about this because i dont read the novels...but I think what happen is something like this:

The Forsaken are becoming extinct... they have no way to reproduce, and new forsaken are not being created anymore. After the events of the lich king, Sylvanas discovered a way to create new Forsaken using the Vrykrul undead maidens...but apparently that currently has limits. Also, Sylvanas apparently 'died' in the novels and returned making some kind of bargin. I THINK what she was trying to do is force the angel goddess to give her some kind of immortality which could also be used to create new forsaken.

I wish they had explained this more as well cause Ive played a forsaken since Vanilla.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

Which side did you play on? As Alliance:
    Sylvanas did some stuff in the past and didn't the forsaken attack the Greymane wall or something? She wants the Val'kyr because she's worried about death and they are the "reaper" type people who can potentially help her out there.

From the alliance perspective, we were tracking her down after she seemingly betrayed us at the Broken Shore, and Genn is pissed and using any excuse to take her out. I don't really agree with his reasoning, but I understand it.

• Options
    edited September 2016

I played from Alliance side so I can't say what the Horde perspective of that zone was, but based on the cutscene (which I assume was the same for both factions):
    Basically it seems this was a super Val'kyr person that could make new Val'kyr. You sort of witness this in the Halls of Valor dungeon. Sylvanas came out of Northrend with I think 7 Val'kyr. Basically each one can sacrifice itself to revive her if she dies (un-un-dies I guess). She has already used up a couple in the past and is soon running out. With the Lich King defeated there will be no more Val'kyr. But suddenly this person can make more. If Sylvanas captured her, she could essentially live forever. So this was what Greymane was commenting on about taking her immortality.

As for his son, I believe the Forsaken killed him in the Worgen starting zone.

I think this is right anyways, I am a bit behind on this stuff :P

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Companion app is up for iOS.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    I think Greymanes son was killed during the Invasion of Gilneas two expansions back when Garrosh was being a dick.
    I am not positive about this because i dont read the novels...but I think what happen is something like this:

The Forsaken are becoming extinct... they have no way to reproduce, and new forsaken are not being created anymore. After the events of the lich king, Sylvanas discovered a way to create new Forsaken using the Vrykrul undead maidens...but apparently that currently has limits. Also, Sylvanas apparently 'died' in the novels and returned making some kind of bargin. I THINK what she was trying to do is force the angel goddess to give her some kind of immortality which could also be used to create new forsaken.

I wish they had explained this more as well cause Ive played a forsaken since Vanilla.
    A lot of this is explained in the Silverpine Forest questline. With Arthas dead, the only way to create new forsaken is the Val'kyr. Up until now, it was believed the only one who could create Val'kyr themselves was the Lich King. Turns out there are true Val'kyr created by Eyir. Sylvanas wants her to create more Val'kyr under her command, and therefore make more Forsaken.

As for Sylvanas dying, she was killed when she was shot in the head by the final boss of new Shadowfang Keep, who was one of the Gilnean rebels revived by Sylvanas in order to get an edge on Gilneas. Sylvanas was revived by one of her Val'kyr sacrificing herself. This happens at the very end of Silverpine Forest.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I know I feel compelled to be the Negative Nancy, but, seriously, this app should have been developed two years ago.

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    cshadow42 wrote: »
    Beasteh wrote: »
    re: child of light and shadow
    I was all ready to see more Anduin lore development, because he's the child of light and shadow right? Right???

ILLIDAN? Fuck out of here with that trite garbage
    Illidian is the false messiah.

Placing bets on the next phase of the quest:
    "Alright, we rescued Illidan. Should we send him to you?"

Naaru: "Oh, no, we just need his skin. You can keep the rest of him."

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    Mugsley wrote: »
    I know I feel compelled to be the Negative Nancy, but, seriously, this app should have been developed two years ago.

Agreed. Sadly, mobile has been inexplicably a low priority for Blizzard. See: the buggy Armory/AH app.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Made friends with the withered waifu. Opened up world quests. So much to do. I still need to get the dungeon quests for my class hall and professions done. Also hit 13 traits on the harvester, now I'll start feeding Sarg's stick.
    XRXPZxy.jpg

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular

Greymane's son. (Starting Worgen quests)
    In the starting worgen quest, Sylvanas personally kills GG's son, while GG was standing right there.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    Mercade wrote: »
    Companion app is up for iOS.

Hum. Well it seems to be a bit broken if awesome in idea.

I finished a mission i had run, got rewards (supposidly), started another one, that seemed okay...but when i went to do another one, the mission list showed an 18 hour quest, when i went into the details, it says it was only a 6 hour quest...i started it...now its listed as a 24 hour quest.

Will find out when i get home and log in how correct it is. but i love what its doing. Wuwu! nightfallen world quest waiting for me!

Also can hire minions that have depleted. Its a great app when they get the bugs out.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Guy in my guild got the Fox mount yesterday.

It is glorious and now I want it.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options

Greymane's son. (Starting Worgen quests)
    In the starting worgen quest, Sylvanas personally kills GG's son, while GG was standing right there.

To be fair, she shot at Greymane and his son jumped in the way of the shot. Not quite the same thing.

• Options
    Made friends with the withered waifu. Opened up world quests. So much to do. I still need to get the dungeon quests for my class hall and professions done. Also hit 13 traits on the harvester, now I'll start feeding Sarg's stick.
    XRXPZxy.jpg

Feel a little like a pimp feeding my crackwhore whenever i pass her some mana.

• Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    Demon Hunter any fun at 110?
    Outside of the glory-that-is-double-jump, they seemed pretty bare at 100...

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited September 2016

Most of the others handled it fine.
    She is trying to not have her people go extinct. They cannot reproduce and each war must have the numbers drop. Sylvanas has tried on multiple occasions to find a way for her people to reproduce.

And so additionally:
    Sylvanas is a thorn of the Horde's relations with the Alliance because of the New Plague she tried to create as well. This was before the Vy'Krul. This attempt was succeeding under the radar of the other Horde leaders but came to a head when Putress, the leader of the group creating the toxin, defected to Arthas' side betraying Sylvanas at Wrathgate and trying to take over the Undercity in a coup attempt. This failed but in the end it is a direct result of Greymane being all "I told you they retreated" when the Horde was protecting the flank over the hill and getting thier butts kicked as well. And it is why Voljin always had issue with her and brought it up to her during the Horde broken isles intro quests.

After the New Plague events Thrall basically told Sylvanas to stop the shit and banned what she was doing. But it is the nature of individuals I guess to want their people to live on so she began the line with the "angels" in Cata.

Jubal77 on
This discussion has been closed.