As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Rise of Iron: "Wizirds are the worst. The WORST."

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    For the min/maxers in the room... Tier 12 items available from The Speaker and Variks this week.

*Strength of the Pack* Hunter Cloak- Int 18(28)/Str 19(28) @90-96% (pulse rifle and sidearm focus)

*Season of Ages XII* Titan Mark- Dis 19(28)/Str19(28) @92-100% (scout and fusion rifle focus)

*White Polygon Construct* Warlock Bond- Dis 18(28)/Str 20(28) @94-98% (hand cannon and machine gun focus)

*Devils' Disguise* Hunter Cloak- Dis 21(33)/Str 20(32) @90-94% (hand cannon and sniper focus)

*Kells' Cloak* Hunter Cloak- Int 21(32)/Dis 22(32) @94-98% (scout and matching gun focus)

*Devils' Mark* Titan Mark- Dis 20(32)/Str 22(32) @92-96% (scout and rocket focus)

*King's Mark* Titan Mark- Int 22(33)/Str (22(32) @96-100% (scout and machine gun focus)

Remember that the 2.4.0 update hits Thursday. Any of these rolls that you want you should probably grab before that since who knows what inventories will look like after that.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Also isn't 90-94% too low for tier 12? I thought everything had to be 96% or above

• Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    After weeks of nothing but class items, Variks finally gave me a Soulstealer's Claw:
    • Red Dot-OES / Red Dot-ORES
    • Hammer Forged / Hand-laid Stock
    • Single Point Sling
    • Rangefinder / Unflinching

Is it worth using without Counterbalance, though? Will HLS give me enough stability, or do I really need CB to correct the recoil?

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Has to be 97% average. So that range can work if you have a mostly gold tiers.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    For the min/maxers in the room... Tier 12 items available from The Speaker and Variks this week.

*Strength of the Pack* Hunter Cloak- Int 18(28)/Str 19(28) @90-96% (pulse rifle and sidearm focus)

*Season of Ages XII* Titan Mark- Dis 19(28)/Str19(28) @92-100% (scout and fusion rifle focus)

*White Polygon Construct* Warlock Bond- Dis 18(28)/Str 20(28) @94-98% (hand cannon and machine gun focus)

*Devils' Disguise* Hunter Cloak- Dis 21(33)/Str 20(32) @90-94% (hand cannon and sniper focus)

*Kells' Cloak* Hunter Cloak- Int 21(32)/Dis 22(32) @94-98% (scout and matching gun focus)

*Devils' Mark* Titan Mark- Dis 20(32)/Str 22(32) @92-96% (scout and rocket focus)

*King's Mark* Titan Mark- Int 22(33)/Str (22(32) @96-100% (scout and machine gun focus)

Remember that the 2.4.0 update hits Thursday. Any of these rolls that you want you should probably grab before that since who knows what inventories will look like after that.

ARE YOU SERIAL?

omg

Get hype

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Also isn't 90-94% too low for tier 12? I thought everything had to be 96% or above

Yeah, T12 capable I suppose...

also, it's a blatant copy/paste from reddit. I'll add an addendum.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited September 2016
    That's a lot of class items. Might pick one up for my Titan.

Grifter on
  • Options
    I'm pretty excited to see how some of these class items look with shader colors affecting them.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

ARE YOU SERIAL?

omg

Get hype

er...Yes?
    Destiny Update 2.4.0 will become available for download to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles on September 8th, 2016.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45135/7_This-Week-At-Bungie---09012016

Edit: No indication of what the hell it includes but a server reset is pretty likely.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular

Edit: No indication of what the hell it includes but a server reset is pretty likely.

Good point. If anyone still needs the Calcified Fragments for Oryx Challenge Mode or Thalnok, it might be a good idea to get them done before Thursday. Occasionally big updates with server resets can bump up the rotation.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Destiny Update 2.4.0 will become available for download to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles on September 8th, 2016.

Reddit is showing "All Day Game Maintenance & Downtime - 2016/09/08 - 08:00 TO: 16:00 PDT. Companion App & API will be limited."

Edit - Found it...

Destiny Update 2.4.0 Coming Soon™
    Destiny Update 2.4.0 will become available for download to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles on September 8th, 2016. Server Maintenance and Downtime will also occur on this date, from 8:00 AM through 4:00 PM PDT. Once maintenance has concluded, players may proceed to download Destiny Update 2.4.0.

Along with this extended downtime, Bungie.net and Destiny Companion App functionality will be limited. The conclusion of maintenance will be announced through @BungieHelp, followed by the publication of Update 2.4.0 patch notes to the Game Updates page.

So yeah, who knows what'll be live after they reset everything after a full day of downtime.

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    In other news, I did some de facto private matches against some friends last night. Tried out a 9 recovery, claws shotgun melee Stormcaller. That combo is nice. But oh god, I cannot use any supers except golden gun.

Artifacts are going to push this into lalaland. Also, I cannot mida.

I feel ya about the super thing. I don't know what it is about the Palpatine super - I see Stormcallers get team wipes all the time, yet when I try to use it, it's either an immediate dome to the head or I get teamshot in 3 seconds.

Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
  • Options
    awsimo wrote: »

Good point. If anyone still needs the Calcified Fragments for Oryx Challenge Mode or Thalnok, it might be a good idea to get them done before Thursday. Occasionally big updates with server resets can bump up the rotation.

That would be so rude and/or inept of them.

So 50/50 odds it happens.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Da fuk is T12?

Also the King is Dead! Oryx Challange done, missing Thanlok, Warpreist, and Mountiantop (i need Scout Rifle, Hand Canon, Elimiation and then 20 points) and I'll have wrapped this up.

• Options
    T12 is when you have stat points on your gear such that you can have 12 total levels of Disc/Int/Str. With the very best rolls you can hit it with the light level being around 335.

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    T12 is when you have stat points on your gear such that you can have 12 total levels of Disc/Int/Str. With the very best rolls you can hit it with the light level being around 335.

Basically this

jGaDa6x.jpg

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    In other news, I did some de facto private matches against some friends last night. Tried out a 9 recovery, claws shotgun melee Stormcaller. That combo is nice. But oh god, I cannot use any supers except golden gun.

Artifacts are going to push this into lalaland. Also, I cannot mida.

I feel ya about the super thing. I don't know what it is about the Palpatine super - I see Stormcallers get team wipes all the time, yet when I try to use it, it's either an immediate dome to the head or I get teamshot in 3 seconds.
    As someone who has spent roughly 75% of the year as a Stormcaller, I'll tell you that over the past couple of months it has been harder (for me) to pull off full team wiping sweeps, and that's with me getting pretty decent at zigzagging blinks when pushing in at dudes with high ROF autorifles. Maybe I've just gotten rusty, but I think it has become more difficult, perhaps the result of Stormcaller nerfs, teamshooting, and knowing how to avoid a Stormtrance (verticality, at least when you're up against me).

• Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    The Triumphs dream is dead. It's a little depressing that the LFG masses refuse to take on anyone lower than LL330 for content that was beatable before that rank was even obtainable.

On the plus side I was able to finish up my First Curse and NTTE quests so now ignoring the swords (and I have been) the only exotic weapons I'm missing are The Jade Rabbit and Zen Meteor. Solidarity with the XBros! End exclusivity now!
    And let me buy these buggers from Xur already!

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    EvilMonkey wrote: »
    The Triumphs dream is dead. It's a little depressing that the LFG masses refuse to take on anyone lower than LL330 for content that was beatable before that rank was even obtainable.

On the plus side I was able to finish up my First Curse and NTTE quests so now ignoring the swords (and I have been) the only exotic weapons I'm missing are The Jade Rabbit and Zen Meteor. Solidarity with the XBros! End exclusivity now!
    And let me buy these buggers from Xur already!

Yeah same here, had to get gargy challenge to finish but it just didnt happen. Working didn't help either, oh well. :\

3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Sadly I had to miss out on TLW this weekend as I ended up working a crazy amount on Friday and Saturday.

While I am slightly disappointed I'd have been crushed if it were Last week and I had missed UR.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    UR was the other week...

• Options
    In other news high rof auto rifles feel like hot garbage again.

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    UR was the other week...

I know. Thats the point. it hit at just the right time because this week I would have been very angry if they were swapped.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    @Forever Zefiro yeah I should have tried to plan that better. If people are down for it, maybe Friday night, 11ish Eastern? Vault of Glass on Normal on XBone, eh, eh? Depending on how it goes maybe Crota's End too?

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Returned to trials for the first time in ages with a few people, didn't make it to the lighthouse. :P

I got arms and a shotgun that was pretty interesting.

Listening to @Brogey get excited was thoroughly amusing. But not as fun as listening to @Arteen's psuedo-defeatism. It was like the perfect foil.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Oh, so new in-game clan roster drops Thursday, then. Very nice.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    Who wants to kill Crota this week?

https://www.the100.io/game/748586

• Options
    GMaster7 wrote: »

I think they're just "preparing" for in-game clan rosters...
    Preparing for In-Game Clan Rosters
    With the release of Destiny Update 2.4.0, Destiny Clan features will also be taken offline in preparation for in-game Clan Roster functionality. Clan tags will not appear on player nameplates until functionality is restored. Bungie.net Clan enrollment and moderation functionality will not be impacted.

We will announce the return of Clan functionality at a later date through @BungieHelp. You can find additional information in this Help Article.

Bungie: Coming Soon™

• Options
    Grifter wrote: »

I DO!

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    awsimo wrote: »
    GMaster7 wrote: »

I think they're just "preparing" for in-game clan rosters...
    With the release of Destiny Update 2.4.0, Destiny Clan features will also be taken offline in preparation for in-game Clan Roster functionality. Clan tags will not appear on player nameplates until functionality is restored. Bungie.net Clan enrollment and moderation functionality will not be impacted.

We will announce the return of Clan functionality at a later date through @BungieHelp. You can find additional information in this Help Article.

Bungie: Coming Soon™

Yea, the impression I got was this was where they break a thing so they can maybe possible fix a thing later on. To be fair, clan function in the game right now isn't exactly much so breaking it isn't that big a deal.
    Grifter wrote: »

You guys are awful optimistic on Bungie finishing that maintenance when they think they will....

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    wrote:
    Destiny Update 2.4.0 will become available for download to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles on September 8th, 2016. Server Maintenance and Downtime will also occur on this date, from 8:00 AM through 4:00 PM PDT. Once maintenance has concluded, players may proceed to download Destiny Update 2.4.0.

Along with this extended downtime, Bungie.net and Destiny Companion App functionality will be limited. The conclusion of maintenance will be announced through @BungieHelp, followed by the publication of Update 2.4.0 patch notes to the Game Updates page.

In preparation for Destiny Update 2.4.0, please see the following:
    Please ensure that you have the proper amount of space available to accept Update 2.4.0. Interrupting downloads may force all previous content to be re-downloaded on some consoles. Some consoles will attempt to verify all previously downloaded content before downloading Update 2.4.0. If any issues are found, or the verification process is interrupted, all previous content will be deleted and downloaded once more.

Sterling Treasures
    Destiny Update 2.4.0, will also change the ways in which players acquire Sterling Treasures. Starting September 8th 2016, Players may only acquire one Sterling Treasure per week, through the Level 41 Prison of Elders playlist.

On September 20th 2016, with the launch of Destiny: Rise of Iron, the Eververse Trading Co. will no longer sell Sterling Treasure for Silver. Sterling Treasure will be replaced with Radiant Treasures, which contain Silver Dust, and all new Ornaments.

First thing I noticed was the Sterling Boxes going from 3 to 1.

Just like the Passage coin drop rate. (which Bungie said was bugged originally, sure they were. :wonk: )

Also, this one @ObiFett will love, real money Ornament purchases, I thought Ornaments were touted as a reward for doing something tough, like going Flawless or beating the HM raid?

Sirialis on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I think pretty much everyone saw Ornaments as being sold for real money

The drop from a possible 3 free Sterling Treasures a week down to 1 REALLY sucks, though. It will hopefully be made up for when Silver Dust can be gained from playing.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    I'm going to save my Sterling Boxes until RoI from now on, hopefully they'll then have new possible drops, if not - I'll just have a shitload more chroma from dismantling as per usual.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I'm going to save my Sterling Boxes until RoI from now on, hopefully they'll then have new possible drops, if not - I'll just have a shitload more chroma from dismantling as per usual.

Money is involved

No way does Sterling Treasure give any new options.

In fact, they are probably changing to Radiant Treasures to specifically prevent people from doing exactly that

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Yeah, I'm not expecting anything from it.

But why force people to play PoE for the box after RoI is released? I mean CoE is right there and far less shitty than "30% of the time is spent waiting" PoE.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Honestly with the way the April update seemed to pilot this stuff I sorta hope all the new armors are effectively glowy armor that used to be restricted.

• Options

But why force people to play PoE for the box after RoI is released? I mean CoE is right there and far less shitty than "30% of the time is spent waiting" PoE.

I mean its just me, but I'd rather do one run of PoE than 2+ runs of CoE

• Options
    edited September 2016
    ObiFett wrote: »

Why would you have to do 2 runs? Thats not how "End of Activity" rewards work.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular

Yeah, but doing one round of either to get your Treasure, wouldn't you rather CoE?
    If you could, you could earn your weekly Treasure, 30k CoE reward, end of activity drops, plus you can rush CoE 10 times more easily than PoE (since Prison forces you to wait for waves...and five whole rounds).

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options

Why would you have to do 2 runs? Thats not how "End of Activity" rewards work.

I would just assume it would be stapled onto the end of a completed CoE card (90k points)

This discussion has been closed.