As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny] Rise of Iron: "Wizirds are the worst. The WORST."

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Yeah, Sterling boxes will be CoE only now from what I read.
    I thought Ornaments were touted as a reward for doing something tough, like going Flawless or beating the HM raid

I'm not super worried about cash purchase radiant boxes. There's only 9 ornaments to rotate through with three available per week (from Xur), purchased with silver dust. I'd honestly rather just wait and buy them in game than put cash in the slot maching RNG boxes and hope I get an ornament I want.

From the gameinformer podcast re: silver dust, radiant boxes and ornaments...

•Radiant treasures will provide players with a variety of objects including ornaments. Some of these objects can be broken down in to silver dust and used to purchase items at eversee. In addition Xur will sell rotating ornaments each week in exchange for silver dust.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm not expecting anything from it.

But why force people to play PoE for the box after RoI is released? I mean CoE is right there and far less shitty than "30% of the time is spent waiting" PoE.

I mean its just me, but I'd rather do one run of PoE than 2+ runs of CoE

Why would you have to do 2 runs? Thats not how "End of Activity" rewards work.

I would just assume it would be stapled onto the end of a completed CoE card (90k points)

Yeah, that would be less than ideal.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Khraul wrote: »
    I thought Ornaments were touted as a reward for doing something tough, like going Flawless or beating the HM raid

I'm not super worried about cash purchase radiant boxes. There's only 9 ornaments to rotate through with three available per week (from Xur), purchased with silver dust. I'd honestly rather just wait and buy them in game than put cash in the slot maching RNG boxes and hope I get an ornament I want.

•Radiant treasures will provide players with a variety of objects including ornaments. Some of these objects can be broken down in to silver dust and used to purchase items at eversee. In addition Xur will sell rotating ornaments each week in exchange for silver dust.

On September 20th 2016, with the launch of Destiny: Rise of Iron, the Eververse Trading Co. will no longer sell Sterling Treasure for Silver. Sterling Treasure will be replaced with Radiant Treasures, which contain Silver Dust, and all new Ornaments.

Even though the wording is pretty vague, it sounds like Eververse will be selling these, not Xur - it could be that they will both sell different kinds.

Also, you meant PoE and not CoE, right?

Sirialis on
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

And I thought I remembered reading somewhere that Silver Dust will also be obtainable from normal activities?

So while we will only be able to get 1 Sterling and 1 Radiant treasure per week, hopefully the F2P players who refuse to get gouged on microtransactions only buy the expansion will be able to gain the same amount of premium Eververse content as before

• jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    I remember it being something about certain activities can drop an ornament and if you decide to deconstruct it you'll get silver dust.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
    oh, well that's cool too I guess. Unless they were specifically talking about the Weekly rewarding Radiant Treasure which would mean we'd only have a single, once-weekly source of gaining current Eververse stuff.

I mean, even averaging 2 free Sterling Treasures a week, I still haven't gotten all the Taken armor for my classes.

I do not look forward to losing 2 lockboxes from my weekly allowance if there is not another way to gain Silver Dust.

• jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Yeah I haven't gotten a full set of Taken gear on any character yet and therefore don't have the shiver emote (Some day I'll have my revenge @Erevar ).

• ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    jefe414 wrote: »
    Yeah I haven't gotten a full set of Taken gear on any character yet and therefore don't have the shiver emote (Some day I'll have my revenge Erevar ).

Taken Shiver doesn't bother me, sir. =D

Only getting the one freebie a week, I think I'm only missing a warlock bond and a titan armor (don't remember which slot). Might be a rare case of RNGesus taking pity on me, though. O_o

Edit: I just remembered that I dropped $10 into Silver for boxes when they were introduced. Still, that's not many extra boxes.

Erevar on
    KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.

On September 20th 2016, with the launch of Destiny: Rise of Iron, the Eververse Trading Co. will no longer sell Sterling Treasure for Silver. Sterling Treasure will be replaced with Radiant Treasures, which contain Silver Dust, and all new Ornaments.

Even though the wording is pretty vague, it sounds like Eververse will be selling these, not Xur - it could be that they will both sell different kinds.

Also, you meant PoE and not CoE, right?

Is it PoE? I thought I'd read CoE.... I don't really run either one so I'm not getting any either way they cut it.

And the gameinformer podcast stated Xur was selling ornaments, but it's Bungie so who knows... Their information flow always has errors so it's possible Cayde will be selling them.

And I thought I remembered reading somewhere that Silver Dust will also be obtainable from normal activities?

So while we will only be able to get 1 Sterling and 1 Radiant treasure per week, hopefully the F2P players who refuse to get gouged on microtransactions only buy the expansion will be able to gain the same amount of premium Eververse content as before

I remember reading that as well, but I can't find where.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    jefe414 wrote: »
    Yeah I haven't gotten a full set of Taken gear on any character yet and therefore don't have the shiver emote (Some day I'll have my revenge @Erevar ).

I've gotten a full set of Taken gear on my titan... sadly it's all crap with garbo perks and awful stats. :bigfrown:

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    My desire to google is too low:

What's silver dust?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

What's silver dust?

New currency.

Baseless Snide comment: Because we all have too many strange coins.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish

What's silver dust?

New currency that can be used to buy the new (and old) microtransaction items from a new vendor, Xur, and Tess Everis.

It comes from breaking down the new microtransaction items

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    They should have just made Stranger Coins.

They could have played 80's music and phased in and out on the UI or something.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
    edited September 2016

What's silver dust?

New currency.

Not snide enough:

"Wouldn't be an expansion without an arbitrary and mandatory new currency to push people away from the old stuff that they'll re-release piecemeal at a later date to prop the game up until Destiny 2."

:hydra:

tastydonuts on
  • GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    awsimo wrote: »
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    Oh, so new in-game clan roster drops Thursday, then. Very nice.

I think they're just "preparing" for in-game clan rosters...
    Preparing for In-Game Clan Rosters
    With the release of Destiny Update 2.4.0, Destiny Clan features will also be taken offline in preparation for in-game Clan Roster functionality. Clan tags will not appear on player nameplates until functionality is restored. Bungie.net Clan enrollment and moderation functionality will not be impacted.

We will announce the return of Clan functionality at a later date through @BungieHelp. You can find additional information in this Help Article.

Bungie: Coming Soon™

Yea, the impression I got was this was where they break a thing so they can maybe possible fix a thing later on. To be fair, clan function in the game right now isn't exactly much so breaking it isn't that big a deal.
    Grifter wrote: »
    Who wants to kill Crota this week?

https://www.the100.io/game/748586

You guys are awful optimistic on Bungie finishing that maintenance when they think they will....

If it doesn't happen we can plan for another day I suppose. I mean getting through Crota shouldn't take too long.

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

What's silver dust?

New currency.

Not snide enough:

"Wouldn't be an expansion without an arbitrary and mandatory new currency to push people away from the old stuff that they'll re-release piecemeal at a later date to prop the game up until Destiny 2."

Yea, cause I just love all this Wormspore I have a constant use for. Don't get me started on Hadium flakes.

Or fucking 3 of coins. They still annoy me that somebody at Bungie thought "We need folks to want to interact with their menu more in strikes!" Just pointless micro that's been tuned down to near irrelevance.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular

What's silver dust?

New currency.

Not snide enough:

Yea, cause I just love all this Wormspore I have a constant use for. Don't get me started on Hadium flakes.

Or fucking 3 of coins. They still annoy me that somebody at Bungie thought "We need folks to want to interact with their menu more in strikes!" Just pointless micro that's been tuned down to near irrelevance.

Speaking of which, I wonder what new upgrade materials we can expect to see in Rise of Iron.

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
    I would like to have all of the currencies/materials stored in one universal bucket per account.

Armor Material, Weapon Material, 3 Of Coins, Motes, etc... just group them all up. Such a hassle to micromanage all that stuff, even with the app.

Also, the vault should have at least one hidden/restricted slot to facilitate item trades between characters. The Destiny App requires a free slot to do that and it's annoying.

Erevar wrote: »

What's silver dust?

New currency.

Not snide enough:

Speaking of which, I wonder what new upgrade materials we can expect to see in Rise of Iron.

Wolf Teeth

We're going to be in the Plaguelands? Festering boils.

• Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    I am having a hell of a time finishing up the Taken War, so I've put up a game on the100 for 4:15 PST. It'll take all of 15 minutes, I'm sure, and I'm looking for someone who's hopefully a higher LL than I because I cannot for the life of me kill this fucking Echo of Crota. Hopefully I'll have some time for some heroic strikes afterward, 'cause I need 36 Legendary Marks to get the Hung Jury as my current hand cannon is not helping me in the least.

Little help?

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I've managed to get all of the Sterling drops except warlock spektar gloves. I bought three boxes with some leftover silver, but otherwise it's all been from the 3x free ones a week.

• GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Fest'ring Boyles is the new ship vendor. He has seen some shit.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
    edited September 2016
    I'm just waiting for Xur to introduce his new real money currency - Really Fucking Weird Coins, Bro*

*Get them while digital supplies last!

Sirialis on

What's silver dust?

New currency.

Not snide enough:

redvines.jpg

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    HOPEFULLY Bungie learned something from Destiny and Destiny 2 won't have an arbitrary amount of "slots" to hold "tokens of upgrade". Why can't every freaking upgrade currency be like Glimmer.

Okay Glimmer has a stupid cap, so even that's not right. But just "your account has 200 Strange Coins. You can't run out of space to get more and Xur will always know how many you have. Just buy something if you want it, you don't have to trade between characters or your Vault or whatever." Every. Single. Dumbshit. Mat they come up with should be just like that.

shoeboxjeddy on
  • ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016

What's silver dust?

New currency.

Not snide enough:

redvines.jpg

:rotate: Damn it Siri.

ElementWrath on
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Got my Y2MoT done!

Now to decide if I want that shirt when I already have three Destiny shirts...

edited September 2016
    I'd honestly pay Bungie some decent bucks for a folder of all their simple outlined art (icons, crests, logos etc.) in a PDF format, strictly for personal use.

Me and my vinyI cutter could make some awesome shit with that.

I think my House of Devil logos are just lying around on a table somewhere, I already lost interest in them.

LaNyYkum.jpg

@jefe414 if you still want them, you can just fly over here and get them, I'll give you a Rødgrød med Fløde along with it.

Sirialis on
  • AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    I've always dismantled gear from sterling boxes once I kept infusing them and getting bronze tier gear. Did get the Taken shiver emote, though.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular

Who's gonna be the first to set this up?

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
    Print me out some Trials patterns Siri

Print me out some
    Vagabond wrote: »

@ObiFett

• EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    I am having a hell of a time finishing up the Taken War, so I've put up a game on the100 for 4:15 PST. It'll take all of 15 minutes, I'm sure, and I'm looking for someone who's hopefully a higher LL than I because I cannot for the life of me kill this fucking Echo of Crota. Hopefully I'll have some time for some heroic strikes afterward, 'cause I need 36 Legendary Marks to get the Hung Jury as my current hand cannon is not helping me in the least.

Little help?

Too early for me but in general if you see me on feel free to ping

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular

What's silver dust?

New currency.

Not snide enough:

Wolf Teeth

:bigfrown: no hurting puppies!
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    Oh, so new in-game clan roster drops Thursday, then. Very nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6l8MFdTaPE

You would be excited for that! :P

edited September 2016
    Print me out some Trials patterns Siri

I have not been able to find anything Trials related, those things are actually on top of my "wanted" list, hence my comment about being willing to pay Bungie for their stuff.

Anything in PDF/FS/AI would be perfect.

Sirialis on
    Print me out some
    Vagabond wrote: »

@ObiFett

@Local H Jay I'm not in the Preview program (or at least I am pretty sure I took myself out of it) so go ahead and set it up if you are

• IDDQDIDDQD Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Anyone PS4-side interested in CoE, NF, etc? Also, totally hopping on that T-12 roll Season of Ages butt towel. Season of Ages makes the Destiny Fashion game stronger.

Edit: Mother effer.. PSN in maintenance. I guess my Titan fashion upgrade can wait until later.

IDDQD on
    Live: Flynnt Loch | PSN: FlynntLoch | Steam: flynnt_loch
This discussion has been closed.