As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Strong men also [chat]

SamiSami Registered User regular
edited November 2007 in Debate and/or Discourse
image507.jpg

Sami on

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    What if the current one goes on for another page or two before Elki locks it? Then you'll feel silly.

Nice pic and title though.

Grey Ghost on
  • OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    a seamless transition in whining

Oboro on
    words
  • SamiSami Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Sami wrote: »
    Actually, does anyone know of any digital cameras that can switch between film quality settings? I can't imagine it would be too hard to program.

My Casio EX-S600 has a shitload of different quality settings, and can do stuff like sepia or black-and-white if I specifically want an old-timey look to it.

Is there a setting for "8/16 mm"?

Sami on
    edited November 2007
    And the other one's locked. Well done sir.

Grey Ghost on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm going to go eat some delicious chicken cutlet and gyoza and this lovely little hole in the wall place run by the sweetest korean couple in the world.

Toodles.

Inquisitor on
  • MrBallbagginsMrBallbaggins Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I have locked my 2 year old nephew out of the computer room so I won't have to watch his stupid ass.

So far, he's been jiggling the doorknob and occasionally knocking non-stop for 12 minutes.

He has excellent stamina.

MrBallbaggins on
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Worst lock ever.

Quid on
  • SamiSami Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    And the other one's locked. Well done sir.

Elkamil pm'd me. If I were clairvoyant I'd put it to much more profitable uses than monopolizing the new [chat] thread industry.

Sami on
    edited November 2007
    I have locked my 2 year old nephew out of the computer room so I won't have to watch his stupid ass.

So far, he's been jiggling the doorknob and occasionally knocking non-stop for 12 minutes.

If he's a winner he'll start banging his head on the door.

Quid on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Are you supposed to be watching the little one ball? Or just ignoring him based on principal?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited November 2007
    Actually, does anyone know of any digital cameras that can switch between film quality settings? I can't imagine it would be too hard to program.

My Casio EX-S600 has a shitload of different quality settings, and can do stuff like sepia or black-and-white if I specifically want an old-timey look to it.

Is there a setting for "8/16 mm"?

Er... there does not appear to be. Sorry for leading you on like that.

/doesn't actually know much about photography

Grey Ghost on
  • OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    yeah I can't even think about this anymore I have been experiencing intermittent panic attacks and palpitations all day I can't eat bathe or sleep I am going to go play World of Warcraft now until the real world melts

Oboro on
    words
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007

So far, he's been sticking silverware in the power sockets and occasionally drinking household chemicals from under the sink non-stop for 12 minutes.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    edited November 2007
    Nah, I'm not supposed to be watching him. I'm preventing my parents from pawning him off on me so they can watch.... a talk show.

Plus I don't feel like watching him to make sure he doesn't hurt himself, because that would be counter productive to my desires.

MrBallbaggins on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited November 2007
    What the heck was that lock comic? Was that a comic?

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Feral wrote: »

So far, he's been sticking silverware in the power sockets and occasionally drinking household chemicals from under the sink non-stop for 12 minutes.

As much as I hate small children, I'm advocate actually looking after them if they are your responsibility.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2007
    Wow. That was the gayest historian I have ever seen.

Quid on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2007
    jacobkosh wrote: »

Yep.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited November 2007
    I agree children should be looked after. But the kid isn't my responsibility, both my parents are home. I've been fighting a head cold for the past few days, and between vomiting and cursing all that was ever good and holy I don't feel like watching him.

Plus I'm pissed because this morning I was woken up by him screaming 5 inches away from my ear as loud as he could. From a very erotic dream that I very much did not want to be woken from. Because the kid couldn't reach a ball he wanted to throw at me.

MrBallbaggins on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Oboro:

1) Tell the collection agency that you're a broke college student and that you fully intend to pay them off but you can't do it until your financial aid comes in. Creative finagling can keep collection agencies at bay for months.

2) When I got a forebearance, I did it over the phone and it took effect immediately.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• dvshermandvsherman Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

As much as I hate small children, I'm advocate actually looking after them if they are your responsibility.

Really. Wait until he has one of his own. My son is about the same age. Persistent doesn't even begin to describe it. Gotta love it.

dvsherman on
    edited November 2007
    I've decided that I actually really like children. It's the parents who I hate.

Feral on

edited November 2007
    I've decided that I don't really hate children, I just hate being around them, so I intend to never become a parent.

MrBallbaggins on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited November 2007
    Elki wrote: »

Yep.

I wish there was a newspost to go with it. If it's a parody, it's brilliant.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2007
    I've decided that I don't really hate children, I just hate being around them, so I intend to never become a parent.

Me too.

Well, shit.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
    edited November 2007

You're probably justified in feeling this way. I just think dumbshit parents are easier to tolerate than dumbshit kids, because at least the parents are old enough to know that it's not appropriate to scream at the top of their lungs because they're not getting their way. Most of them, anyway.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2007
    WHAT DO YOU MEAN IRENE?!?!?!??

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited November 2007
    ElJeffe wrote: »

Me too.

Well, shit.

Me three!

We should start a thread (I guess in SE++) that says, "Sign if you never want to have kids because that's just a dumb idea."

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2007
    Preacher wrote: »

:roll:

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2007
    Your people's determination is lacking.

It helps I've got over a dozen nephews and/or nieces are enough if I ever want to see children be adorable. Three specifically. The others pretty much suck.

Quid on
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2007

You're probably justified in feeling this way. I just think dumbshit parents are easier to tolerate than dumbshit kids, because at least the parents are old enough to know that it's not appropriate to scream at the top of their lungs because they're not getting their way. Most of them, anyway.

I felt this way before I became a parent, but now whenever I get barreled over by 150 pounds of yodeling toddler in the jungles of Walmart I can't help but direct the lion's share of my ice daggers at the sweats-clad baby factory waddling along in tow.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
    edited November 2007

It was an easy joke I had to go for it.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2007

I like them when they're being adorable, I hate them when they're pooping.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited November 2007
    I don't mind kids. I mean, my mom ran a nursery/day-care out of our house during my formative years so they hold very few mysteries for me, but even so I think they're pretty cool. I also cannot pass up the chance to mold a mind in my own terrible image.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited November 2007

It was an easy joke I had to go for it.

Yes, the secret to success in life is to go for the low-hanging fruit :P

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2007
    If not for low hanging fruit short people like me would never get fed!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited November 2007
    I know I'd make a horrible parent, because my natural instinct in dangerous situations is always to see how it'll play out, even if I know it'll play out horribly.

I'm sure if I had children they'd end up being accidentally maimed or killed because of it.

MrBallbaggins on
    edited November 2007
    I don't mind kids. I mean, my mom ran a nursery/day-care out of our house during my formative years so they hold very few mysteries for me, but even so I think they're pretty cool. I also cannot pass up the chance to mold a mind in my own terrible image.

Well, if I ever had kids, they would just be exercises in Asian academic overachievement. Music lessons start at the age of 4. If they can't do long-division by the age of 5, I will have to disown them and start over.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    "He's headed right for the electrical outlet!"

"Hold on, let's see how this goes..."

Rear Admiral Choco on
    edited November 2007
    If not for low hanging fruit short people like me would never get fed!

Don't lie, you posted that picture from Halloween, you're like 6 feet tall.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.