As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny] Rise of Iron: "Wizirds are the worst. The WORST."

• WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    IDDQD wrote: »
    Anyone PS4-side interested in CoE, NF, etc? Also, totally hopping on that T-12 roll Season of Ages butt towel. Season of Ages makes the Destiny Fashion game stronger.

Edit: Mother effer.. PSN in maintenance. I guess my Titan fashion upgrade can wait until later.

Ohhh is guess that is why my friends list doesn't exist today

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Got the final pieces of Trials armor I was missing on the very last day of year 2 Trials of Osiris. (Hunter chestpiece and Titan boots)
    vYSI5K1l.jpg
    khMoB4Dl.jpg
    B4ws4e3l.jpg
    Today these sets have sadly become unobtainable.

Sirialis on
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    All I ever managed to rock for my Titan were the Trials Gauntlets and butt towel... seeing these pics I'm wishing I'd made the effort to trials more and get the whole set.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    the titan osiris set is the best set in Destiny

rip

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    For everyone who has been cool enough to join my game this afternoon, I apologize for Sony's downtime. Let's give it a few minutes and see if it comes up!

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Sad I never Pariah arms/Bond for my Warlock, but such is life. With a near full set of Pariah for my Hunter I can't complain though.

Excited for new sets, hopefully whatever replaces Watcher/Blindsight gear is more interesting. I only ever liked the warlock Blindsight chest, most everything else looked pretty lame.

• VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    Hey guys, I recently got back into destiny, trying to figure the game out again. I'm at 255 light, what are some good tips?

League of Legends:Varega
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Varega wrote: »
    Hey guys, I recently got back into destiny, trying to figure the game out again. I'm at 255 light, what are some good tips?

What are your goals? To be raid ready?

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    I was watching some old footage of Titans. Forgot how ridiculously strong sunbreakers were with no cool down cauterise and how much armor they had.

I am also very sad they nerfed the garrison, that double air dash was so beautiful

• BookerBooker Registered User regular
    awsimo wrote: »
    After weeks of nothing but class items, Variks finally gave me a Soulstealer's Claw:
    • Red Dot-OES / Red Dot-ORES
    • Hammer Forged / Hand-laid Stock
    • Single Point Sling
    • Rangefinder / Unflinching

Is it worth using without Counterbalance, though? Will HLS give me enough stability, or do I really need CB to correct the recoil?

Yes, it is worth using without Counterbalance. Its great strength is a high range stat.

Apothe0sis wrote: »
    I was watching some old footage of Titans. Forgot how ridiculously strong sunbreakers were with no cool down cauterise and how much armor they had.

I am also very sad they nerfed the garrison, that double air dash was so beautiful

Oh, Cauterize has a cool down? What is it?

• VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016

Long enough to get you killed

EDIT: 3 seconds

Vagabond on
    vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • VaregaVarega Registered User regular

Raid ready, endgame pve. I'm not really big on the pvp, mostly because I'm trash at it.

League of Legends:Varega
    edited September 2016

Raid ready, endgame pve. I'm not really big on the pvp, mostly because I'm trash at it.

Play strikes and story missions you haven't beat yet to get better gear. Although you're in a rough spot what with RoI stopping soon.

Do we know what the recommended LL for story content and the raid will be?
    Vagabond wrote: »

That's not as bad as I though, Although it's not an unkillable death machine.

JusticeforPluto on
  • BookerBooker Registered User regular
    There should be Exotic armour designed around removing the nerfs. Titan gauntlets: No cauterize cooldown during Hammer of Sol + Significantly Extra Super energy on melee kill.

edited September 2016
    I just want items that affect other stuff.

Exotic Warlock Bond of the Middle Finger - Reflect Sniper Rifle damage.

Sirialis on
  • VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular

Play strikes and story missions you haven't beat yet to get better gear. Although you're in a rough spot what with RoI stopping soon.

Do we know what the recommended LL for story content and the raid will be?
    Vagabond wrote: »

That's not as bad as I though, Although it's not an unkillable death machine.

With sub-second TTKs in the Crucible, it's an eternity.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Just deleted all the clips I had from destiny off my live account (they are still on my other xbox), percentage of space on live dropped to 47% full, lol

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    edited September 2016
    Highlights from the last day of year 2 Trials of Osiris.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzipyqAm7i8

We had some good plays but were ultimately unsuccessful in securing a 2nd Lighthouse run that day.

Sirialis on
  • soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    I finally got an exotic faction armor item and it ... lets me rep faster with that faction? Wheeee?

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    soylenth wrote: »
    I finally got an exotic faction armor item and it ... lets me rep faster with that faction? Wheeee?

Faster packages baby

Also you get a sick respawn particle effect

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I'd honestly pay Bungie some decent bucks for a folder of all their simple outlined art (icons, crests, logos etc.) in a PDF format, strictly for personal use.

Me and my vinyI cutter could make some awesome shit with that.

I think my House of Devil logos are just lying around on a table somewhere, I already lost interest in them.

LaNyYkum.jpg

@jefe414 if you still want them, you can just fly over here and get them, I'll give you a Rødgrød med Fløde along with it.

Yo Siri, maybe I asked before, but are those adhesive, and if so are they safe to put on a car?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    edited September 2016
    Yeah, they are - weather resistant too.

I'm off to bed now though, its late here.

Sirialis on
    My Trials highlights, end of Y2:

https://youtu.be/IA4_yHH_7Qc

Last weekend of Y2 Trials was sorta bittersweet. We played a ton over the last few days, to the point where me and @arteen were well sick of it. I really hope the do mess with formula a bit for Y3. It's fun to play at such a high level and be tested, but the myriad of connection issues and inconsistent matchmaking push out casual players pretty fast. What's left are very sweaty matches throughout the card, as we routinely lose out on the first match- which immediately ruins all the boons for that run.

That said I love playing Trials and I hope more PA folks give it a shot for Y3. It's a lot of fun when you play like a team, using communication to make big plays happen even from the grave. I look forward to the artifacts shaking up the meta a bit, and I do hope they mess with the card system/coin economy because fuck...

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    @Sirialis @Booker @Local H Jay and assorted Xbone friends that post sweet vids...

How long a clip to you guys record at a time to edit together? My PS4 is set to 10 min or something and it kinda makes editing a hassle, but I get more footage at a time?

You guys just do 30 second records when you make big plays or what?

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    Khraul wrote: »
    Sirialis Booker @Local H Jay and assorted Xbone friends that post sweet vids...

How long a clip to you guys record at a time to edit together? My PS4 is set to 10 min or something and it kinda makes editing a hassle, but I get more footage at a time?

You guys just do 30 second records when you do sweet stuff or what?
    I do one minute. It's enough to capture slightly longer clips like killing sprees. 30 seconds is the default on Xbox One and it's fine, but sometimes it would cut off the beginning or end of a really good clip so I bumped it up.

Sometimes if it's just a crazy good game I will go back and save the last 5 minutes to pick the best parts.

@Descendant X

Sorry I couldn't join you but my PSN is still down, or at least Destiny is. If you need help tomorrow or Thursday I should be around.

• Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    @Descendant X

Sorry I couldn't join you but my PSN is still down, or at least Destiny is. If you need help tomorrow or Thursday I should be around.

Thanks man. I got some assistance from dahUpeh and finished the mission.

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Omg

I am dying

Reading a thread on /r/destinythegame so many posts to the effect of "wait, you can infuse armour across classes?"

How does this happen

Also the worry about the current magic boxes onky dropping from poe seems misplaced. We're moving to radiant boxes and I am thinking they will give us those - one free, one for weekly crucible one for ...Archon's forge(?)

We don't want to get spammed with stuff that we don't actually care for that much anymore (well, most people won't but as another chance to get t12+ gear it is advantageous to keep getting them).

Silver dust seems like an in game version of silver that we can collect by dismantling and nightfalls and whatever

• WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Seems like theres some really good Gunsmith picks this time

Uffern - Good pvp weapon. Probably not as good as a 'godroll' Eyasluna/Finnala/Lord High Fixer because both range and AA is lower
    Truesight/Luck in the chamber/Rifled Barrel/Eye of the storm or Triple Tap

Eirene - Great pve sniper with perks that help you keep shooting that boss in the juice box
    Outlaw/Casket Mag/Clown Cartridge

Arminius - Surrounded isn't perfect, but it has enough stability to make it a pretty nice bullet hose
    Surrounded/Counter Balance/Braced Frame

Cocytus
    - The original Hung Jury roll is back! Its a PvE monster. If you don't have the Hung Jury... pick this up immediately. I also prefer Cocytus to the Hung Jury because its both black and isn't the size of Oryx
    Triple Tap/Hand Laid Stock/Firefly

Wassermelone on
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    My Trials highlights, end of Y2:
    <snip>

Last weekend of Y2 Trials was sorta bittersweet. We played a ton over the last few days, to the point where me and arteen were well sick of it. I really hope the do mess with formula a bit for Y3. It's fun to play at such a high level and be tested, but the myriad of connection issues and inconsistent matchmaking push out casual players pretty fast. What's left are very sweaty matches throughout the card, as we routinely lose out on the first match- which immediately ruins all the boons for that run.

That said I love playing Trials and I hope more PA folks give it a shot for Y3. It's a lot of fun when you play like a team, using communication to make big plays happen even from the grave. I look forward to the artifacts shaking up the meta a bit, and I do hope they mess with the card system/coin economy because fuck...

The connection troubles are actually infuriating in retrospect. We made it to 8 wins twice in a row on our very first attempts this weekend, but in both cases we lost to a team where someone was a red bar the whole time. If only we could stay up in that 7-8 win bracket and not get dropped back to the beginning. It sucks for us because it's a waste of time, coins, and morale. It sucks for the teams we go up against at the beginning of the card because we'll wreck them effortlessly. They're not going to learn anything fighting players way outside their skill bracket, and neither are we.

It also makes the Lighthouse feel like complete RNG. Sometimes our ninth match is against a team clawing their way up just as we are. Sometimes our ninth match is against two diamond-tier players who've gone flawless five times already (on a Friday) "carrying" a platinum-tier friend. Sometimes the game just gives up on matchmaking and puts us against an awful team at the beginning of their card, or even no one at all. If we could stay up in our win bracket, teams like us that could go flawless would (with some effort), instead of get kicked back to the beginning to try again, or more often, just give up for the day.

It was fun overall through, and we did reach the Lighthouse. I always love playing with you guys, and I appreciate you guys playing with me even though I'm the weakest of our group.

That said, I am pretty proud of this match for the eighth win on one of our ill-fated cards. I did alright. 8-)
    kMKrM3U.jpg

And also this match with Brogey and tastydonuts. Brogey's first Trials match and we're up against two platinum tier players and have a 19% chance to win. We wreck them 5-0.
    asYERoO.jpg

I probably have ten minutes worth of highlights just of my warlock, but he's a loser so I haven't posted them yet.

• jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I'd honestly pay Bungie some decent bucks for a folder of all their simple outlined art (icons, crests, logos etc.) in a PDF format, strictly for personal use.

Me and my vinyI cutter could make some awesome shit with that.

I think my House of Devil logos are just lying around on a table somewhere, I already lost interest in them.

LaNyYkum.jpg

@jefe414 if you still want them, you can just fly over here and get them, I'll give you a Rødgrød med Fløde along with it.

I'll just fire up my private investment banker jet and be right over. I don't know why you have nulls in those words though. Is that some kind of European l33t speak?

Seems like theres some really good Gunsmith picks this time
    Cocytus - The original Hung Jury roll is back! Its a PvE monster. If you don't have the Hung Jury... pick this up immediately. I also prefer Cocytus to the Hung Jury because its both black and isn't the size of Oryx
    Triple Tap/Hand Laid Stock/Firefly

@Erevar , is that Cocytus the scout you were talking about?

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Dangit, the god-roll Cocytus pops up again, and I don't have an order. :x It even has the Torch sights.

• HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    looks like it's almost time for a 2.4.0/RoI thread... @GMaster7 ?

BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
    Brogey is the best

Uni Remote is brutal in inferno...

• GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    HooverFan wrote: »
    looks like it's almost time for a 2.4.0/RoI thread... @GMaster7 ?

I got you bb

New thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/206921/destiny-2-4-0-prepare-yourself-guardian-the-iron-lords-beckon/p1?new=1

OP update inbound, too, in the next few days. As of tomorrow, because clan functionality is temporarily coming offline, we're all free agents. See you on the other side, Arcadians.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I might pick up that Cocytus, but for god roll it's missing extended mag in center row (TT/Ex Mag/Firefly). Still worth grabbing for PvE though.

Edit: crap, I don't even have one if those on order. I've got the Tuonela SR4 still on order, which had a similar roll a few weeks back.

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
    edited September 2016
    Khraul wrote: »
    Sirialis Booker "Local H Jay" and assorted Xbone friends that post sweet vids...

You guys just do 30 second records when you make big plays or what?

I have it set to one minute, thats been the best option for me so longer streaks arent cut off.

I have a few crucible/trials video's I bundled together and uploaded to youtube a few days ago, mostly so I could delete the original clips and get more space on my Xbox

I didnt post them because I didnt even know if anyone cared and I didnt want to clutter up the thread with unwanted stuff, you sound like you might want to see them?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR4G3EnP9p0
    The full clip with my Sunbreaker is still hilarious to me, even now. (You'll know which one it is, the one that starts at 0.30)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHWAbkcotok
    (Yes, I know that one IB clip isnt from Trials...)

Sirialis on
This discussion has been closed.