As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Legion: I have sacrificed everything...

• Options
    NyhtNyht Registered User regular
    Grape Ape wrote: »
    Demon Hunter any fun at 110?
    Outside of the glory-that-is-double-jump, they seemed pretty bare at 100...

I've really enjoyed my Havoc Demon Hunter. I'm not used to melee DPS but it's been a lot of fun. Used to be a hunter and a bear/resto druid so this is new for me. I'm not using the conventional Momentum build as I've no interest in that. I enjoy the movement abilities for FUN but I don't want to rely on them to weave my damage outside of fel rush (and even that I'd trash if I could). Bloodlet really helped Throw Glaive damage being at the top end of my list. World questing is fast on both since when you kill things, you heal.

At 110 for open world questing I also go Demonic to pair with Soul Rending so that I get an uber heal up every 20 seconds or so (I have the weapon talent that takes 5 seconds off the cooldown every time I pick up a soul orb from kills OR Demonic Appetite. No downtime is what I like when on my own and both tank and dps spec have that going for them. Tank spec can pull much more without fear while dps spec has to weave in some stuns/evasion if things get sticky. Both feel satisfying to play for me, at least. And honestly it's hard as hell to play my druid without double jump and glide just for running around though I heard about the kite toy I have to run and collect.

• Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    Nyht wrote: »
    Demon Hunter any fun at 110?
    Outside of the glory-that-is-double-jump, they seemed pretty bare at 100...

I've really enjoyed my Havoc Demon Hunter. I'm not used to melee DPS but it's been a lot of fun. Used to be a hunter and a bear/resto druid so this is new for me. I'm not using the conventional Momentum build as I've no interest in that. I enjoy the movement abilities for FUN but I don't want to rely on them to weave my damage outside of fel rush (and even that I'd trash if I could). Bloodlet really helped Throw Glaive damage being at the top end of my list. World questing is fast on both since when you kill things, you heal.

At 110 for open world questing I also go Demonic to pair with Soul Rending so that I get an uber heal up every 20 seconds or so (I have the weapon talent that takes 5 seconds off the cooldown every time I pick up a soul orb from kills OR Demonic Appetite. No downtime is what I like when on my own and both tank and dps spec have that going for them. Tank spec can pull much more without fear while dps spec has to weave in some stuns/evasion if things get sticky. Both feel satisfying to play for me, at least. And honestly it's hard as hell to play my druid without double jump and glide just for running around though I heard about the kite toy I have to run and collect.

The kite toy is pretty nice. You can also just buy goblin gliders from the goblin at the portal area in the center of Dalaran until you put the kite together.

I'm also getting a good amount of mileage out of Flap as a balance druid.

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    First thing, that feeling when you realize you can't run the game AND the app at the same time :P Whoops :)

Second, I saw a thing yesterday that I messed up and forgot to look up, and now I've forgotten the names. But it was like a big announcement. Something like "_____ walks Azeroth once again!" and "____ has been unleashed from into the world!" (not exact quotes but something along those lines). Are those world bosses? I didn't think they spawned yet, but I had no idea what those big yellow messages were referring to. I was in Suramar at the time.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I'm playing Resto Shaman, and so far I am entirely unimpressed by the "Blessing of the Queen" AoE heal that is my unique artifact ability. The heal is low and the spell seems completely redundant with Chain Heal.

What am I missing here? What is a situation where I would want to cast Blessing of the Queen over Chain Heal? The healing throughput seems the same, or maybe even a little worse on Blessing of the Queen.

I've played Holy Priest quite a bit in 7.0 at leve 100, and their Holy Word: Sanctify seems like a way more impactful targeted AoE than Blessing of the Queen, which has a longish cast time for a very low healing payoff.

Am I doing something wrong, or is the Resto Shaman artifact ability really just this lackluster?

• Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    I haven't done any forsaken questing. Is living an eternal parody of life fulfilling enough that you'd want to thrust that torture on your friends and family? Or is living jawless liberating in a way that's just extremely difficult to describe?

My theory is that they aren't quite as free-willed as they think. Most Forsaken seem to share a fanatical devotion to their Queen, which seems like a lite version of the hold the Lich King has over the Scourge. They want what she wants. She wants to live, so the Forsaken want to live. They live for her. And they adopt the same bitter contempt toward the living as she has.

I think the silverpine questline removes any doubt about the free will of the forsaken.
    "Lordaeron will belong to the forsaken forever!" *stabbity* Sylvanas dies.

Jealous Deva on
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    First thing, that feeling when you realize you can't run the game AND the app at the same time :P Whoops :)

Second, I saw a thing yesterday that I messed up and forgot to look up, and now I've forgotten the names. But it was like a big announcement. Something like "_____ walks Azeroth once again!" and "____ has been unleashed from into the world!" (not exact quotes but something along those lines). Are those world bosses? I didn't think they spawned yet, but I had no idea what those big yellow messages were referring to. I was in Suramar at the time.

Was it Kosumoth?

• Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    Isn't that kind of a huge problem for sylvanas that her followers have perhaps to much free will?

She's been betrayed by her followers plenty of times. Either outright or disobeying her orders in smaller ways.

Existence is infinitely preferable to uncertain afterlife...being a vague mote of light, in a hall with a bunch of drunks for eternity, the plaything of demons, a mindless slave...death on Azeroth is imaginative to say the least but it's what happens after that can be truly terrifying.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    The free will and Forsaken thing came up several times in ask CDev post-Cata (especially given a couple of quests in WPL), and they've stuck to their guns about the Forsaken having free will.

Now, whether they'll leave non-Forsaken aligned undead alone is another story.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    For those that fought her in WoD: what ilvl do you expect will be needed to farm Rukhmar at 110?

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    So Drums still work at 110.

Yes, those drums from the last expansion

I am out here in fucking Tanaan Jungle. Shoot me. Alternatively, Blizzard, find whomever phoned in your professions and replace them because what the fuck.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I gotta figure out how to farm that Kosumoth guy. I want that mount!

• Options
    FalvesFalves Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »

I am out here in fucking Tanaan Jungle. Shoot me. Alternatively, Blizzard, find whomever phoned in your professions and replace them because what the fuck.

Excuse my ignorance... what drums?

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Falves wrote: »
    Aegis wrote: »

Excuse my ignorance... what drums?

Drums of Fury, the poor man's Bloodlust drums.

Some kind soul was selling stacks of 20 Drums for 180 gold. That kind soul no longer has any stacks of Drums listed.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    So does one of the professions make artifact enhancements now?
    What is the expected way to level/do professions in Legion? Right now I have a belt recipe and a wrist recipe as a blacksmith; Do I do the profession quests to get more?

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Was it Kosumoth?

It might have been? I meant to write one of the names down but then got distracted. There were two messages one after the other that popped up like raid warnings.

Edit: OK, that was it. This wowhead comment was 100% what I saw:
    It appears that once a player summons him it spawns on all servers simultaneously. My screen said Azeroth itself recoils as <Evalyn> unleashes an ancient evil. Kosumoth the Hungering walks the land once more...

I guess the other name was a player name

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    fuck jinikki the puncturer

what an awful creature. I wish i could kill him a thousand times. Well, at least I have a new baby cub to take care of.

• Options
    dylmandylman Registered User regular
    It seems to be impossible to use the Legion app if your authenticator is on the same phone, as swapping to the authenticator logs me out of the app. Is anyone else getting this?

• Options
    dylman wrote: »
    It seems to be impossible to use the Legion app if your authenticator is on the same phone, as swapping to the authenticator logs me out of the app. Is anyone else getting this?

My phone had a drop down that was all "Hey this good?" and I hit "approve" and both apps were happy.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    works fine for me

I'm using an iphone though, and I'm using the 1-click authentication thing

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Worked fine for me on Android. I basically got the same as you guys, where a notification asked if I wanted to approve.

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    I'm actually torn on the Legion app.

On one hand, it's saved me a ton of time lost getting some of my Class Campaign stuff done. I don't have to set a mission to go for four hours, then go to work and lose out on 4-5 more hours of tasks.

On the other hand, another solution to that mechanic is not to add timed bullshit in the first place.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    dylmandylman Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Curious, I'm on iPhone, I'll give it another try. Obviously it's me doing something daft. Thanks for the replies!

edit: I had to allow the Authenticator app to show alerts rather than banners, now it's working fine. Well, stuck at Connecting, but logged in at least.

dylman on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I've mentioned this in Discord a few times, but as a mage you get Millhouse Manastorm as a follower. He can also be used as a bodyguard, which I've been doing. I just realized I should use that toy that lets me become Millhouse so we can be twin Millhouses raining down terror upon the Broken Isles.

It's too bad about his unlocked ability is Verbose Grandstanding, which is a pro/con ability. It increases your chances in missions against bosses, but also doubles all mission times. I kind of regret leveling him up because it's making the class hall questline take longer than I'd like.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    I don't understand the follower thing at all. I have two of them, but haven't used them in any way. Does it have any relation to the order points i keep picking up?

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    MMO Champ is saying Kosumoth has a world quest which you activate by doing a bunch of stuff and then you get the mount?

I know what I'm doing tonight.

• Options
    DrHookensteinDrHookenstein Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    I've mentioned this in Discord a few times, but as a mage you get Millhouse Manastorm as a follower. He can also be used as a bodyguard, which I've been doing. I just realized I should use that toy that lets me become Millhouse so we can be twin Millhouses raining down terror upon the Broken Isles.

It's too bad about his unlocked ability is Verbose Grandstanding, which is a pro/con ability. It increases your chances in missions against bosses, but also doubles all mission times. I kind of regret leveling him up because it's making the class hall questline take longer than I'd like.

You should both use him as your body guard AND use the toy AND go confront him in that Cata dungeon!

"He piled upon the whale's white hump the sum of all the general rage and hate felt by his whole race from Adam down; and then, as if his chest had been a mortar, he burst his hot heart's shell upon it." -Moby Dick
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Are crafting professions worthwhile? I've taken double gathering to generate that sweet, sweet gold but is there a reason I shouldn't?

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    I'm actually torn on the Legion app.

On one hand, it's saved me a ton of time lost getting some of my Class Campaign stuff done. I don't have to set a mission to go for four hours, then go to work and lose out on 4-5 more hours of tasks.

On the other hand, another solution to that mechanic is not to add timed bullshit in the first place.

I kinda enjoy managing the little dudes -- the time mechanics are very natural for a phone game, if not for an MMO.

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I don't understand the follower thing at all. I have two of them, but haven't used them in any way. Does it have any relation to the order points i keep picking up?

You send followers off on missions to get more stuff, including artifact power items, gold, and to complete class hall quest objectives. If you haven't done any yet, you will eventually.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    So does one of the professions make artifact enhancements now?
    What is the expected way to level/do professions in Legion? Right now I have a belt recipe and a wrist recipe as a blacksmith; Do I do the profession quests to get more?

If you're talking about making relics, I know for a fact that Enchanters can make Arcane and Shadow relics (though you can get better relics elsewhere). If you're talking about actual weapon enchantments, I don't think they can be enchanted (unless you're a DK). The "big" enchantment this time around goes on neck pieces.

As for leveling professions, wow-professions.com has guides for the best way to level all professions. And yes, you need to do profession quests to unlock the recipes.
    Radiation wrote: »
    Are crafting professions worthwhile? I've taken double gathering to generate that sweet, sweet gold but is there a reason I shouldn't?

Not a whole lot of reason to change from gathering professions this time around, now that profession perks/garrisons aren't a thing anymore. Just stick with what you're doing and buy anything you need. Or level alts with crafting professions if you want to be self-sufficient.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I'm playing Resto Shaman, and so far I am entirely unimpressed by the "Blessing of the Queen" AoE heal that is my unique artifact ability. The heal is low and the spell seems completely redundant with Chain Heal.

What am I missing here? What is a situation where I would want to cast Blessing of the Queen over Chain Heal? The healing throughput seems the same, or maybe even a little worse on Blessing of the Queen.

I've played Holy Priest quite a bit in 7.0 at leve 100, and their Holy Word: Sanctify seems like a way more impactful targeted AoE than Blessing of the Queen, which has a longish cast time for a very low healing payoff.

Am I doing something wrong, or is the Resto Shaman artifact ability really just this lackluster?

It not only is healing people it increases their max health for a time. This is useful in a raid if you are using it frequently enough you are basically making your tanks health pools larger. It probably is why it is not seeming as useful for you because unless you notice the actual max hp level increasing as well it may not seem to be doing as much.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    MMO Champ is saying Kosumoth has a world quest which you activate by doing a bunch of stuff and then you get the mount?

I know what I'm doing tonight.

It's not quite that simple. The world quest was solved for the first time last night (it's pretty well hidden), causing him to spawn on all realms. He then has to be killed (requiring probably 20-40 people) and then he has a CHANCE to drop the mount.

Not sure how often the world quest can cause him to pop, I would imagine he's on some kind of timer.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Some streamers were Realm Hopping to fight Kosumoth multiple times.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Is there an easy way to realm hop? I can't find any confirmation on drop rates for the mount. Seems with all the activation you have to do there's a lot of misinformation and unsure stuff.

Definitely gonna try it! I heard he's on a very short 15~ minute timer. But no idea if that is true.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    The only way to reliably realm hop anymore is to have a legion of people in the same zone as you on different servers willing to invite you to groups. Which is why streamers can still do it well enough.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    > me logs in before work to see what the world quests are

> nice, one rewards an int stat stick trinket, gotta do that when I get home

> wait, it's at the winery

> and that's the story of how I got an 850 caster trinket by jumping in a bucket

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    Also you can realm hop the same way you could before, it's just that you won't swap realms unless the leader is in the same zone as you.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Yesterday: "Hey, how many Belts can you make?"
    My Thoughts: "That's a strange question, I guess they're gauging how many attempts I can do at making them a perfect statted belt?"
    Me: "Uh, one because I'm fresh out of Blood."

Today, Me: "Hey, I have a stock of Blood of Sargeras now, what stats are you looking for on your belt?"
    Them: "Oh no, I just need to melt down however many belts you send me for Obliterum."

I need to find a cliff to jump off.

Characters
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    kaid wrote: »
    Lucascraft wrote: »

It not only is healing people it increases their max health for a time. This is useful in a raid if you are using it frequently enough you are basically making your tanks health pools larger. It probably is why it is not seeming as useful for you because unless you notice the actual max hp level increasing as well it may not seem to be doing as much.

I might be misremembering, but i believe the artifact ability costs no mana? Or it's way cheaper. Chain heal is one of the worst mana hogs out of all healers. So that would be the main benefit.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Fun has been detected, fun is in process of being terminated.

They're nerfing the height the Brulfist launches you and making the Skyhorn Kite toy have a 15 minute cooldown.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
This discussion has been closed.