As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Legion: I have sacrificed everything...

• MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »
    Fun has been detected, fun is in process of being terminated.

They're nerfing the height the Brulfist launches you and making the Skyhorn Kite toy have a 15 minute cooldown.

I don't even have these items yet but I like how they work together.

Honestly, I would be FINE with them never adding flight to Legion if they kept things like these in. Make flying an option, but for short periods like the glider. Make people get creative.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Well fuck them.

I purposely spent a long time going out of my way to get those early. They should have at least just increased the CD of the brulfist though. What is even the fucking point if it doesn't really knock you up.

Why even MAKE toys if you don't like people actually using them.

Finished my Order Hall campaign. Aside from the 830 chest item, remind me what else it unlocks?

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Well fuck them.

I purposely spent a long time going out of my way to get those early. They should have at least just increased the CD of the brulfist though. What is even the fucking point if it doesn't really knock you up.

Because Fun is not allowed here.

It's nice to see the pants were not discarded before being placed on their various heads.

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Well fuck them.

Cause I still get to rub levitate in everyone's faces cause I'm an awesome Priest.

I've got one more thing of lumenstone that should finish tomorrow and then onwards with my class quest. Got my alch quest up to doing heroics too which I am geared for so should be good times there.

AND THEN I MAKE ALL THE FLASKS FOREVER

edit: Also getting the mats/gear for the Obliterum forge is nigh impossible/hella expensive.

SniperGuy on
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Finished my Order Hall campaign. Aside from the 830 chest item, remind me what else it unlocks?

Your third relic slot, and a title.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
    MuddBudd wrote: »

Your third relic slot, and a title.

But like, nothing hidden away on weird vendors, right?

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    The kite change is dumb because... boe goblin gliders exist. Wtf is the point of the toy having a 15 min cd when the 2min cd ones are dirt cheap?

The idol nerf, eh. We'll see what they do to it, but mostly it'll just mean you have to launch from a slightly higher point.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I actually used the idol on is own just to get over mountains that I couldn't find the path up to.

That is why it pisses me off most. Increase the CD. Don't make the damn thing useless if all it does is get me on the roof of a one story house.

• Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    kaid wrote: »
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I'm playing Resto Shaman, and so far I am entirely unimpressed by the "Blessing of the Queen" AoE heal that is my unique artifact ability. The heal is low and the spell seems completely redundant with Chain Heal.

What am I missing here? What is a situation where I would want to cast Blessing of the Queen over Chain Heal? The healing throughput seems the same, or maybe even a little worse on Blessing of the Queen.

I've played Holy Priest quite a bit in 7.0 at leve 100, and their Holy Word: Sanctify seems like a way more impactful targeted AoE than Blessing of the Queen, which has a longish cast time for a very low healing payoff.

Am I doing something wrong, or is the Resto Shaman artifact ability really just this lackluster?

It not only is healing people it increases their max health for a time. This is useful in a raid if you are using it frequently enough you are basically making your tanks health pools larger. It probably is why it is not seeming as useful for you because unless you notice the actual max hp level increasing as well it may not seem to be doing as much.

I might be misremembering, but i believe the artifact ability costs no mana? Or it's way cheaper. Chain heal is one of the worst mana hogs out of all healers. So that would be the main benefit.

Yeah i mainly use it for the HP buff, and zero mana cost is nice. It almost feels to me like the fact that it heals at all is just because if it didnt; you wouldnt even be able to fit it into your casting rotation because you probably cant afford to send out a buff instead of a heal right in the thick of a fight.

• Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    In positive news, the rocket thingy from Timeless Isle still works.

MSL59.jpg
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    do you mean the meteor thing? Cause that one's fun, but not really the most useful way to get around

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    *sigh*
    The amounts of leather and scales dropped per creature skinned have been reduced.

You would think by now I would have learned to spend the first couple days of every expansion just skinning non-stop. EVERY expansion has this hotfix. Every God damn one.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    *sigh*
    The amounts of leather and scales dropped per creature skinned have been reduced.

You would think by now I would have learned to spend the first couple days of every expansion just skinning non-stop. EVERY expansion has this hotfix. Every God damn one.

But this xpac is different because there is now personal loot so you don't have to fight so hard over the best farming spots.

Plus, this is going to help AH prices, which as someone who tried to play the Sumptuous Fur market towards the end of WoD, I can tell you, Personal Loot killed the market.

• ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Personal Loot means nothing for skinning.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
    ... does this change affect Felhide?

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    After reading up on and starting the Kosumoth chain, this is gonna take forever. First orb is being camped by a horde rogue. 40-50 minute spawn timer on the orbs alone. Yikes.

Yeah I am just gonna wait for that to die down a bit.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty sure the toy was nerfed because Blizzard has stated repeatedly they want toys to be fun little cosmetic stuff mostly, and not to be hugely useful gameplay additions.

On top of that, it kind of took the lustre off the demon hunter glide when the kite was better. I was about to go and farm it today myself on my DH.

I don't know if that latter point had anything to do with it, but the only way for classes to feel like their special abilities are special is if they let them do things nobody else can.

It'd be like if they gave a ton of portal toys to everyone that were more convenient than mage portals. Mages wouldn't feel so happy about their portals anymore.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Looks like I'm spot on, actually. They put dev notes with the hotfix
    Developers’ Notes: The two toys above (combined, or in conjunction with other things such as Emerald Winds) were too effective and diminished the value of utility and world-navigation tools that are core to certain classes and professions.

• gavindelgavindel The reason all your software is brokenRegistered User regular
    Super duper spoilers:
    Jesus Christ, they're going full bore with this Illidan is Jesus thing. Prophecy, final conflicts of good and evil, and a grimdark former villain to be redeemed to save the universe? Is Blizzard capable of writing an actual story, or do they just ask their eight year old children what a good plot twist would be? The sheer, staggering, continuing incompetence across such a vast field of former narrative potential makes me want to bang my head on my desk.

Book - Royal road - Free! Seraphim === TTRPG - Wuxia - Free! Seln Alora
  • CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I'm doing some long quest chain right now off a letter I found from another quest in Suramar. It has a list of attendees to a ball or something and a hunt, and I've got to do all these class hall missions to get through it. It looks like I'm halfway through that. Whatever is at the end I hope it's worth all this. I wish it was a little more involved that clicking on a button and walking away, though. Sounds like whatever it is would have been a fun quest to be involved in.

As an aside-I seem to have gotten through most story mission quests and stuff, and none of it has felt particularly horde-y? Yeah, that's a word. I haven't seen faction leaders, or Sylvanas do anything. So, I guess my question is-am I missing some stuff or is this another expansion that makes the factions largely feel pointless? Hell, I think the last game cinematic I saw her in was the opening quest line really.

Crayon on
    Crayon wrote: »
    I'm doing some long quest chain right now off a letter I found from another quest in Suramar. It has a list of attendees to a ball or something and a hunt, and I've got to do all these class hall missions to get through it. It looks like I'm halfway through that. Whatever is at the end I hope it's worth all this. I wish it was a little more involved that clicking on a button and walking away, though. Sounds like whatever it is would have been a fun quest to be involved in.

As an aside-I seem to have gotten through most story mission quests and stuff, and none of it has felt particularly horde-y? Yeah, that's a word. I haven't seen faction leaders, or Sylvanas do anything. So, I guess my question is-am I missing some stuff or is this another expansion that makes the factions largely feel pointless? Hell, I think the last game cinematic I saw her in was the opening quest line really.

spoiler for whats at the end of that quest
    the fox mount

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Fun has been detected, fun is in process of being terminated.

They're nerfing the height the Brulfist launches you and making the Skyhorn Kite toy have a 15 minute cooldown.

Blizzard is really incoherent in their consistency in regards to when they choose to suddenly give a shit about the "diminished value" of engineers. I suspect it was only incidental - the real problem being making sure their new cash class doesn't feel like their fancy glide isn't as good by comparison.

edited September 2016
    I would argue they are not inconsistent at all. They consistently nerf toys that provide bonuses beyond simple cosmetics or minor bonuses.

And, I mean, cash class? You can make anything sound bad if you say it with that tone Donnicton.

I was pretty unhappy as a DH that my glide was basically completely worthless in comparison to a simple toy.

Dhalphir on
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    A queue?

Whaaaaaaat.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the toy was nerfed because Blizzard has stated repeatedly they want toys to be fun little cosmetic stuff mostly, and not to be hugely useful gameplay additions.

On top of that, it kind of took the lustre off the demon hunter glide when the kite was better. I was about to go and farm it today myself on my DH.

I don't know if that latter point had anything to do with it, but the only way for classes to feel like their special abilities are special is if they let them do things nobody else can.

It'd be like if they gave a ton of portal toys to everyone that were more convenient than mage portals. Mages wouldn't feel so happy about their portals anymore.

maybe they should just put fucking flying in instead of dragging their ass pretending like no one wants it and that they know better, or that they regret ever adding flying, etc, etc, etc

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    Ah, too bad about the kite and brulfist idol. They were a pretty fun way to get around.

Walking around the world can get pretty annoying these days. Aggro distance of mobs is gigantic since they always scale to your level. And they seem to be very good at dazing you. Also, some zones can be pretty labyrinthine.

I thought the Kite/Idol were clever ways of letting players who were bothered by that work around the problem.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Wife and I unlocked world quests, decide to with having done very little of suramar to go into the city to hunt an elite... So everything came after us. We had an awesome moment of Paladin para trooping jumping off the top tier of the city and into the lower tier and right into combat against like 10 enemies!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    bowen wrote: »
    maybe they should just put fucking flying in instead of dragging their ass pretending like no one wants it and that they know better, or that they regret ever adding flying, etc, etc, etc

The flight master's whistle complete negates any actual need for flying, don't be ridiculous.

bowen wrote: »

The flight master's whistle complete negates any actual need for flying, don't be ridiculous.

it really doesn't

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    Melkster wrote: »
    Ah, too bad about the kite and brulfist idol. They were a pretty fun way to get around.

Walking around the world can get pretty annoying these days. Aggro distance of mobs is gigantic since they always scale to your level. And they seem to be very good at dazing you. Also, some zones can be pretty labyrinthine.

I thought the Kite/Idol were clever ways of letting players who were bothered by that work around the problem.

Walking around the world is supposed to be at least a little involved. Everyone being able to fly above everything leads to empty zones, trivial everything, and people complaining about "dead game".

• DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    Get the barding that leatherworkers can make. It makes it really difficult to knock you off your mount when you're running around.

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I would argue they are not inconsistent at all. They consistently nerf toys that provide bonuses beyond simple cosmetics or minor bonuses.

I'd argue that... Not really, not for the most part. Otherwise toys like the Aqua Jewel and the Ever-Blooming Frond wouldn't have been as powerful as they have been for as long as they have been. They only suddenly started caring on Legion's launch when they decided that expansion-obtained utility toys should stay with that expansion.

Melkster wrote: »

Walking around the world is supposed to be at least a little involved. Everyone being able to fly above everything leads to empty zones, trivial everything, and people complaining about "dead game".

There's one of the etcs.

The whistle is good for "getting back"

but some of these paths are absolutely ridiculous to get where you're going.

I'm looking at you, highmountain mining dude and pretty much the entire zone of fucking Stormheim.

The grapnel gun is cool as shit though.

Sure, sometimes it takes a while to get to them, but for example Aviana's Feather was nerfed very early on to only work in Draenor.

Derrick wrote: »
    Get the barding that leatherworkers can make. It makes it really difficult to knock you off your mount when you're running around.

It's also super cheap.

• RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    I haven't been able to find much good information on Monk healing this expansion. Which of the Darkmoon Faire cards would be the best for that class?

edited September 2016
    When you spread everyone out across the airspace of a zone, the zone immediately gets less populated. It's unavoidable. And I for one am glad they have decided not to make that tradeoff until later in expansions now.

You're aware that we are definitely getting flying back, right? Like, there's no uncertainty about it like there was with Draenor. It is absolutely confirmed that we will be getting a Broken Isles Pathfinder Part 2 that, combined with the Part 1 we already have access to, will unlock flying in a subsequent patch, likely 7.2.

I think having everyone grounded for the first part of an expansion while everyone is out in the world together doing stuff, participating, exploring, etc, is really nice. Once the novelty of all the zones has worn off, and we're all just going through the motions of the daily routine, then sure, unlock the flying so that we can have a fresh look at the zones from the air and enjoy the novelty for a bit longer, while making things more convenient in the twilight of the expansion.

Dhalphir on
    When you spread everyone out across the airspace of a zone, the zone immediately gets less populated. It's unavoidable. And I for one am glad they have decided not to make that tradeoff until later in expansions now.

You're aware that we are definitely getting flying back, right? Like, there's no uncertainty about it like there was with Draenor. It is absolutely confirmed that we will be getting a Broken Isles Pathfinder Part 2 that, combined with the Part 1 we already have access to, will unlock flying in a subsequent patch, likely 7.2.

I think having everyone grounded for the first part of an expansion while everyone is out in the world together doing stuff, participating, exploring, etc, is really nice. Once the novelty of all the zones has worn off, and we're all just going through the motions of the daily routine, then sure, unlock the flying so that we can have a fresh look at the zones from the air and enjoy the novelty for a bit longer, while making things more convenient in the twilight of the expansion.

Oh well?

This discussion has been closed.