As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Heroes - Season 2 [spoilers] - Now with less black emo tears!

• Fleck0Fleck0 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    What if they starve Adam? I'd assume that regeneration requires a lot of nutrients.

I like to think that his healing factor would regnerate the vital cells that would be destroyed by malnutrition, but then... I like to think a lot of things
    Hiro is his own grandpa

Fleck0 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Mithrandir86Mithrandir86 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Or how Sylar was able to trick the Haitian that he was actually Nathan in "5 Years Gone"?

Mithrandir86 on
  • BernardBernoulliBernardBernoulli Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Or how Sylar was able to trick the Haitian that he was actually Nathan in "5 Years Gone"?

Could've been a number of ways, like just staying away from him, or the Haitian not using his powers specifically against Sylar

BernardBernoulli on
  • SnarfmasterSnarfmaster Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    they better explain the beard tonight, it was seriously pissing me off last week... Nathan's power is flight, not growing a lumberjack beard in less than a week.

Seriously did they inject him with sasquatch blood when we weren't looking.

Snarfmaster on
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    they better explain the beard tonight, it was seriously pissing me off last week... Nathan's power is flight, not growing a lumberjack beard in less than a week.

Seriously did they inject him with sasquatch blood when we weren't looking.

Dude its been shown they can have different powers with evolution. Don't nitpick and find plotholes where there are none because his beard is clearly an extension of his flight power. His facial hair is trying to take flight

DarkWarrior on
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    When did he grow a beard in a week? What are you talking about?

Grey Ghost on
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Save the dolphins. Feed them a regenerating cheerleader. Then eat the dolphins to gain the cheerleader's powers.

EDIT
    Oh, fuck. If we had regenerating livestock, we could end world hunger.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    edited November 2007

Between getting healed and the first episode of season 2. We were all assuming he'd spent four months or so growing the beard, I hadn't even realised the inconsistency. I did notice Peter's hair was back to its pre-.07% length, though, that was a big mistake. Or slight.

BernardBernoulli on
    edited November 2007
    Cantido wrote: »
    Save the dolphins. Feed them a regenerating cheerleader. Then eat the dolphins to gain the cheerleader's powers.

Why not just eat the cheerleader?

<.<
    >.>
    What?

Grey Ghost on
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Guys can we start a debate about how the haitian's power suppresion is actually just making people 'forget' how to use their powers since having 2 different powers is impossible?

Casual Eddy on
    edited November 2007

Between getting healed and the first episode of season 2. We were all assuming he'd spent four months or so growing the beard, I hadn't even realised the inconsistency. I did notice Peter's hair was back to its pre-.07% length, though, that was a big mistake. Or slight.

I must be completely forgetting then. Was he shown with the beard in last week's "flashback" episode? I didn't even notice.

Grey Ghost on
    edited November 2007

I must be completely forgetting then. Was he shown with the beard in last week's "flashback" episode? I didn't even notice.

I hadn't noticed either but the week he was healed was 1 week before the series picks up, i.e. Peter is found in the container. And in that time, Nathan grew a huge beard.

DarkWarrior on
    edited November 2007

The timeline was like:

NY bomb
    (4 months)
    E1S2
    (few days)
    "Four Months Later"

Four Months Later shows us what happened from four months ago (bomb) to a week or two at most before the start of the first episode. Maybe only a couple of days, considering Peter didn't starve in that container

BernardBernoulli on
  • KungFuKungFu Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Peter wouldn't starve. He is immortal.

Same with Adam.

KungFu on
    Theft 4 Bread
    edited November 2007
    And oh god, the Claire stupid is back for tonight. I watched the linked preview and the stupid levels are rising so high.

KungFu on
    Theft 4 Bread
  • MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

More to the point -- you know how we were saying that there must have been one hell of a gym in that crate?

Nope, it was just a steroid injection in mid-air. ; )

Mahnmut on
    Steam/LoL: Jericho89
    edited November 2007
    KungFu wrote: »
    Peter wouldn't starve. He is immortal.

Same with Adam.

I'm thinking it's the kind of immortality that has limits. They still need to breathe and eat at least. Basically, they need energy to move and matter to repair damaged components. If they were suffocated, they might revive after a few hours like Claire and Peter did after the brain damage

BernardBernoulli on
    edited November 2007
    Well, the body diminishes from lack of food and cells die etc
    But when you have regeneration powers, your body couldn't ever diminish. It'd just heal the weakening cells.

At no point has anything about requiring energy to use powers been presented.

KungFu on
    Theft 4 Bread
    edited November 2007
    No, what Bernard is saying, and rightly so, is that you need energy to heal. Cells can't just work without anything behind them to heal.

But its also a show based on comic logic.

DarkWarrior on
    edited November 2007
    KungFu wrote: »
    Well, the body diminishes from lack of food and cells die etc
    But when you have regeneration powers, your body couldn't ever diminish. It'd just heal the weakening cells.

At no point has anything about requiring energy to use powers been presented.

I don't know, I assumed this was still a universe where Einstein might still be right. Energy and matter don't come from nowhere. Maybe cells don't die with regeneration, or maybe they just get replaced a lot more efficiently. Either way, keeping them alive needs energy, and creating new ones - including those in lost toes - needs matter to make new cells.
    Mahnmut wrote: »
    More to the point -- you know how we were saying that there must have been one hell of a gym in that crate?

Nope, it was just a steroid injection in mid-air. ; )

Probably just the radiation.

Good way of advertising a new exercise method. Want to get fit but don't have the time to go to the gym? Just stand next to a nuke! Even better, *be* a nuke! Cut out the hassle of having to do pushups, this way's so much easier

BernardBernoulli on
  • khainkhain Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    No, what Bernard is saying, and rightly so, is that you need energy to heal. Cells can't just work without anything behind them to heal.

Would you say the same for generating a nuclear blast?

khain on
    edited November 2007
    khain wrote: »

It's parts like that where reality goes straight out the window. The rest of the time, I don't see why we have to assume it makes absolutely no sense

BernardBernoulli on
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

It's parts like that where reality goes straight out the window. The rest of the time, I don't see why we have to assume it makes absolutely no sense
    They get the energy to regenerate cells from the same place the nuclear blasts, electricity, and telekinesis come from.

The power of Christ.

Quid on
    edited November 2007
    Maybe it's not worth debating this stuff after all, it looks like none of it makes sense

edit: *obviously*

BernardBernoulli on
  • khainkhain Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

I guess I don't see why it needs to make sense as half the powers don't, so why should the other half have to follow physical laws.

khain on
    edited November 2007

I guess I don't see why it needs to make sense as half the powers don't, so why should the other half have to follow physical laws.

It's just specifically healing, I don't think it means they can go without food or air. It's as logical as having TK meaning you can get away with starving yourself

BernardBernoulli on
  • devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Quid wrote: »
    They get the energy to regenerate cells from the same place the nuclear blasts, electricity, and telekinesis come from.

The power of Christ.

:D

devoir on
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    You can create a lot of energy from a few split atoms. There are lots of atoms in the body. Split some and blow up NYC.

Anyway, is anyone following the ARG this year? I still get a the texts, but don't really follow it since Micah has taken a role in it.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Fleck0Fleck0 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

It's just specifically healing, I don't think it means they can go without food or air. It's as logical as having TK meaning you can get away with starving yourself

I'd say starving yourself is child's play compared to Claire sitting on a gurney with her insides all on dispay. The moral: don't try to rationalize it, you'll lose your mind

Fleck0 on
    steam_sig.png
  • SnarfmasterSnarfmaster Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

I hadn't noticed either but the week he was healed was 1 week before the series picks up, i.e. Peter is found in the container. And in that time, Nathan grew a huge beard.

That's why i notice these things, i take pride in my beard, you can't just grow a fantastic beard overnight! Einstein said so!

Snarfmaster on
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Maybe Adam's blood also causes rapid beard-growth?

Gorilla Salad on
  • Mithrandir86Mithrandir86 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    It's really too bad Peter never met Linderman. That could have really solved a lot of problems.

Mithrandir86 on
    edited November 2007
    GUYS IT'S PLAYING RIGHT NOW.
    SHIT HAPPENED IN THE LAST EPISODE.

Quid on
  • HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    About Parkman
    Leveling him up is awesome, now lets hope he does not get tempted by the dark side:P He did look more worried about his powers getting stronger though.

Elle is great.

Handkor on
    edited November 2007
    So Bob is sorta the path Noah refused I guess.

Quid on
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Ugh, do they go to extra lengths to make sure Matt's dialog sounds as trite and cheezy as possible?
    Also, good thing I have these mind control powers to make this little girl do exactly what I say...that's not the least bit creepy.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    ahahahahahaha holy shit

Well done West.

Zek on
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    That darkside thing took all of five fucking seconds.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    edited November 2007
    Bad Parkman! Bad! Bad!

Quid on
  • HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Bob rolling his eyes at elle was awesome. "Can we keep him"

Handkor on