As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Legion: I have sacrificed everything...

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I guess ghost elves can't have children. I would see how that would be upsetting. Nothing would change. No new generations. No growth. No future.

It makes sense they are just standing around in the ruins. I imagine they felt they had no real reason to rebuild. No real benefit.

It also makes sense that their mages have become obsessed with their studies and seem to be insane. It was all they had left.

Krathoon on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Crayon wrote: »
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Crayon wrote: »
    I don't quite understand the correlation between age and FPS here.

That's evident.

A 12 year old game engine was not written with many features in mind that the devs have since added to the game. Modern graphical processing like SSAO and dynamic shadows are something that didn't exist when WoW was first made.

The devs are working black magic to keep the engine running as well as it is, but it was not designed for the tasks they are asking of it and it shows.

I guess you can go ahead and throw away the rest of my comment that is seemingly irrelevant, sure-why not. I mean, my complaint is rational here, there's no reason to seemingly justify shitty performance when we're paying full price for expansions plus a monthly fee. Seems real silly to defend that shitty performance.

The reason he can throw out all of what you said is because you haven't done a modicum of research and generally show you lack knowledge on the subject.

Nothing grinds my gears more than people asking why an MMO doesn't run as good as X single / small session game or some other shit.

MMO's deal with things that will make them run bad no matter how much $$$ you throw into your machine. If you want flawless running games, play offline shit or stuff where they designate the number of people in a session beforehand. Don't ever, EVER go into an MMO hoping for your awesome rig to run it like butter.

That being said, I have a 750TI and I get more than 40 fps just about always. Perhaps you should work a little harder than letting some already questionable outside program change the settings for you.

Edit: Oh yes, and its not just opinion. There are facts about how programming this shit works. Also, they cannot just throw all that money they have into an old ass engine and create fucking magic. Quit talking like you know how to make a game just because you feel entitled to it.

@Kai_San, be less of a dickbag about videogames.

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    I guess ghost elves can't have children. I would see how that would be upsetting. Nothing would change. No new generations. No growth. No future.

It makes sense they are just standing around in the ruins. I imagine they felt they had no real reason to rebuild. No real benefit.

It also makes sense that their mages have become obsessed with their studies and seem to be insane. It was all they had left.

What if they can't leave either? That supernatural magic that makes them stay ghosts keeps them there too? That would really be terrible. They can effect the world around them, but if you can't do much more than exist in one place, I guess you wouldn't have the motivation to rebuild. But... how long are the Elves's life span? The ghosts have been dead for thousands of years and I find that brother and sister group looking for their parents? Seems like ten thousand years isn't shit for them.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

What if they can't leave either? That supernatural magic that makes them stay ghosts keeps them there too? That would really be terrible. They can effect the world around them, but if you can't do much more than exist in one place, I guess you wouldn't have the motivation to rebuild. But... how long are the Elves's life span? The ghosts have been dead for thousands of years and I find that brother and sister group looking for their parents? Seems like ten thousand years isn't shit for them.

Night elves were immortal up until they destroyed the world tree in warcraft 3, and then became immortal again when they got a new world tree in cataclysm

liEt3nH.png
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Elves were immortal until the end of WC3 when Hyjal got blown up a little bit, mortality is a really new thing for them.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    This is neat
    sEZZZmG.jpg

How it's done
    There are Burning Blade orcs in a cave outside of Orgrimmar. When killed, they give a debuff, and 5 stacks of the debuff makes you have this model for, like, a minute. Get your real pet to kill five of them, use the essence swapper on it while it's a demon, then boom, you've got a permanent demon Hati.

I'm sure Blizzard will hotfix it soon.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • KeemossiKeemossi Registered User regular
    So I had too much time on my hands and an altless WoD behind me, decided to level an alt already. Prot warriors are just as good as advertised, if not better. Tanked all mythics after a few normal dungeons and prot was much easier at 808 than my brewmaster was at 840 and three relic slots. It's like.. they rarely even take damage. Brewmaster doesn't get bursted down, but sponges healer mana unless dancing on OD orbs. Prot mostly lets healer do whatever, heal the group or something. While also being way easier to play, though it gets kind of repetitive fast unlike brewmaster.

I saw some talk on tank discord about DHs not really needing healers either on mythics. Bummer, I feel tempted to level that again now, but that's a bit too much.

As a skinner I really don't feel the cooperation thing. People constantly jumping in to steal the skins after looting, or tagging mobs and then leaving so they're not skinnable.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Yeah my DH stopped needing CC in mythics at around 830 and stopped needing the healer at 840.

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I did the "kill the Sixtriggers" quest last night, which rewarded a ring that gave my fire mage over +1000 crit, so that was nice. It also pushed my ilvl just high enough to do heroics, so that will be nice to do too. I've only seen three of the instances so far.

• belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    I think, since pandaria, Blizzard has been pretty consistent in saying they don't like people skipping "content" via flying while leveling. They've stated that flying shrinks the world, and what's the point of designing zones the way they want to if people can just skip everything. And it's their game, their vision, so I don't fault them for it even if it's inconvenient. So I appreciate the compromise of them allowing it later, and having your main unlock it for the alts. "If you can prove you've done everything once, then you can skip it the next time." Flightmaster's whistle might not be a complete replacement, but being able to "hearth" back to the FP right away is pretty nice. I mean, as a monk I have like 3 hearths already. Don't forget the scrolls of recall are still a thing, too. I get why people don't like the design decision, but they've done it for 3 expansion in a row.

Don't forget that they've done a ton to ease that burden. You already have all but 3 flight paths in the beginning. You can skip any zone you want to in leveling. You can advance your character by playing pretty much whatever you want. God, the world quests are so much better than dailies because you can do as much as you want, they rotate, etc.

I get that people pick out the things they don't like but I enjoy the mobile app, and logging in when I get home from work. If they get the content releases correct this time around, then this will be by far the best expansion they've ever released and I've played all of them while current.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Elves were immortal until the end of WC3 when Hyjal got blown up a little bit, mortality is a really new thing for them.

For the newer generation this is true, but any elves who were alive for the Sundering have gone back and forth. Elves started out mortal, and weren't given immortality until the world tree was planted, only to have it taken away again in WC3. For those like Malfurion, who have been around for all of those events, it must be super weird.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    You guys are on mythics already?

Here I am trying to get to heroic item level.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Nobody wrote: »
    So, when can I get a follower that counters cursed for Mages? It's like every damn mission I'm getting now has it and has some chunky reward that I'd have to miss out on (especially the class storyline ones).

Secondary effects like cursed can require any of the secondary counters to deal with - counterspell, blizzard, blink, etc. It's not tied to a specific skill. You just need to have minions that can cover whatever is needed. I can't make a recommendation for you as such since I don't know what skill it's demanding that you use to counter the curse. Vargoth and Meryl are both really effective when you get them, however, as frost is at a premium compared to fire. Kalec becomes a monster when upgraded to uncommon as well.

Ah okay, so if a minion requires fireball to counter, and it has cursed, if I use a follower with fireball it stops the cursed effect?

• RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Does hierloom armor have a thing that makes it go beyond 60 for xp boost? Also are there any other things that would give an xp boost? Thinking about picking up something from Darkmoon Fair while I can.

PSN: jfrofl
  • EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I think, since pandaria, Blizzard has been pretty consistent in saying they don't like people skipping "content" via flying while leveling. They've stated that flying shrinks the world, and what's the point of designing zones the way they want to if people can just skip everything. And it's their game, their vision, so I don't fault them for it even if it's inconvenient. So I appreciate the compromise of them allowing it later, and having your main unlock it for the alts. "If you can prove you've done everything once, then you can skip it the next time." Flightmaster's whistle might not be a complete replacement, but being able to "hearth" back to the FP right away is pretty nice. I mean, as a monk I have like 3 hearths already. Don't forget the scrolls of recall are still a thing, too. I get why people don't like the design decision, but they've done it for 3 expansion in a row.

Don't forget that they've done a ton to ease that burden. You already have all but 3 flight paths in the beginning. You can skip any zone you want to in leveling. You can advance your character by playing pretty much whatever you want. God, the world quests are so much better than dailies because you can do as much as you want, they rotate, etc.

I get that people pick out the things they don't like but I enjoy the mobile app, and logging in when I get home from work. If they get the content releases correct this time around, then this will be by far the best expansion they've ever released and I've played all of them while current.

The only thing it really does is slow people down, they'll still ride passed anything non-beneficial...and when the zones are designed with so many cliffs, hills and gigantic trees you can't see beyond your cast range in most areas. It seems like whoever plans out content pacing and whoever designs terrain hate eachother with a burning passion and we get to experience a pitiful compromise.

Oh well even without flying I still get around just fine especially with flight masters whistle...which makes there determination to hide one of the only unique parts of wow even more hilarious.

EnclaveofGnomes on
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    gavindel wrote: »
    Super duper spoilers:
    Jesus Christ, they're going full bore with this Illidan is Jesus thing. Prophecy, final conflicts of good and evil, and a grimdark former villain to be redeemed to save the universe? Is Blizzard capable of writing an actual story, or do they just ask their eight year old children what a good plot twist would be? The sheer, staggering, continuing incompetence across such a vast field of former narrative potential makes me want to bang my head on my desk.
    He died for your loots, and on the 6th expansion, he rose again! You are not prepared to accept Illidan as your Lord and Savior! :P

Edit: As a side note, I never assembled the kite and the broken kite still has a stupid short cooldown (1 min I think). I'd been using it as an awesome free slow fall. I'm afraid to fix it :P

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I am liking that they went back to the talking heads thing from Warcraft 3. That extra touch really adds to the game.

It feels like it is all coming full circle.

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

Here I am trying to get to heroic item level still at level 103.

Did a few Order Hall/artifact quests last night. I didn't have a lot of time to play and those quests took forever.

Tip for Shamans doing the Ra-Den's Fist quest: When you get to Chen and Li-Li, toss a Hex on Chen while you burn down Li-Li. This took me way too long to realize.

• antheremantherem Registered User regular
    edited September 2016

Or the one guy in Azsuna
    That wandered off for lunch ten thousand years ago and they're starting to wonder where he went

antherem on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Lots of the class specific quests require stuff like that, it's a nice touch. Nobody but your class could do the quest.

I think paladins need to use bubble to survive a fall at some point, and demon hunters have to chase a demon and the only way to do it fast enough is parkour with double jump.

I am liking that they went back to the talking heads thing from Warcraft 3. That extra touch really adds to the game.

It feels like it is all coming full circle.

It's better than having to devote chat space to it if I want to read it too

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    This is neat
    sEZZZmG.jpg

How it's done
    There are Burning Blade orcs in a cave outside of Orgrimmar. When killed, they give a debuff, and 5 stacks of the debuff makes you have this model for, like, a minute. Get your real pet to kill five of them, use the essence swapper on it while it's a demon, then boom, you've got a permanent demon Hati.

I'm sure Blizzard will hotfix it soon.

So i have an alt hunter im going to be using for herb farming, and i ran him quickly through the beginning of the artifact quest for BM, getting Hati. How exactly does Hati work? Does he mimic your other pets talents, like both the same tenacity or ferocity, if my main pet is tanking and dies is hati going to be the next tank to grab aggro, or is hati essentially a pure damage pet that you dont really directly control and ignores your pet talents completely (with the artifact acting as his ability choices).

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum

Once you open world quests, and complete the class hall campaign you can get a huge boost in ilvl pretty easily. I was 807-808 ilvl for a few days after unlocking world quests, but as soon as i finished the campaign hall, the third relic boosted my weapon stats from ~805 to 840 or so and world quests are giving me easy 825-830 trinkets, cloaks, shoes, taking my lowest equipment to very decent numbers. I jumped from 811 to 822 in about an hour of world quests.

• DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    I accidentally got a Legendary last night. I was helping a friend in a heroic and I swapped to restoration spec (druid) for a boss to try and get a relic for my G'Hanir. We were doing some world quests after and I finished my emissary quest. Turned it in and BAM - Aman'thul's Wisdom.

I was going for Balance this expansion (and not super happy with it, numbers wise tbh) but now it's up in the air. Raid leader is already like "You just RNGed yourself into a healing slot!" Which I'm totally fine with, but I want to make sure I'm not stepping on anyone's toes if I do take up a main healing role.

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
    The legendaries are not going to be super rare. Eventually other healers in your group will find stuff and it will be back to business as usual. They even have a system in place that gives you a better chance to get a legendary if you havent gotten one in a while or at all.

• FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Lots of the class specific quests require stuff like that, it's a nice touch. Nobody but your class could do the quest.

I think paladins need to use bubble to survive a fall at some point, and demon hunters have to chase a demon and the only way to do it fast enough is parkour with double jump.

The three classes that can survive a long fall-- Paladin, Mage, and Priest-- all need to go to the Dalaran crater. Heaven help you if you lag out during the loading animation...

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Question related to the artifact quests, I've only done them on a Mage so far so I was able to brute force all 3 as Fire.

Do you need to respec to healing/tank specs for the related artifacts? I.E. Prot spec for the tank pally artifacts? If so what are you doing for a weapon/off-hand?

• DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    Question related to the artifact quests, I've only done them on a Mage so far so I was able to brute force all 3 as Fire.

Do you need to respec to healing/tank specs for the related artifacts? I.E. Prot spec for the tank pally artifacts? If so what are you doing for a weapon/off-hand?

I did them all as a druid, and while it is probably technically *possible* to do tank / healing artifacts as a dps spec, it would be a lot harder than just doing it as the proper spec.

I used the weapons from the demon invasions for those quests.

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Derrick wrote: »

I did them all as a druid, and while it is probably technically *possible* to do tank / healing artifacts as a dps spec, it would be a lot harder than just doing it as the proper spec.

There are also weapons you can buy from a person in your class hall. They're very useful for the healing quests, because those basically come down to "here's a group, keep them alive."

• FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »

Did a few Order Hall/artifact quests last night. I didn't have a lot of time to play and those quests took forever.

Tip for Shamans doing the Ra-Den's Fist quest: When you get to Chen and Li-Li, toss a Hex on Chen while you burn down Li-Li. This took me way too long to realize.

I was able to zap both of them as an Elemental Shaman-- get it, zap both of them ? I crack myself up-- in all Invasion gear. Hadn't thought about Hexing Chen.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Presented without comment.

mUxxf80.png

Derrick wrote: »

The paladin healy one requires you to cleanse magics/curses off people I think, I had to quickly change over to holy spec and cleanse it, then switch back.

That whole quest would be easier as a healer though in retrospect because there was a lot of "oh shit" moments as I was about to die because it was meant to be tanked by the NPCs.

• Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    azith28 wrote: »

Once you open world quests, and complete the class hall campaign you can get a huge boost in ilvl pretty easily. I was 807-808 ilvl for a few days after unlocking world quests, but as soon as i finished the campaign hall, the third relic boosted my weapon stats from ~805 to 840 or so and world quests are giving me easy 825-830 trinkets, cloaks, shoes, taking my lowest equipment to very decent numbers. I jumped from 811 to 822 in about an hour of world quests.

When does the World quest start happening? 110? I'm 107 and im at like, 715 item level. Doesn't help that i've only been through 4 dungeons and yet to get any items.

..Or that i spent my entire level 106 doing pet battles.

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • MercadeMercade Registered User regular
    110 and friendly with all five zone factions.

Switch: SW-1909-0466-9585
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    You need lvl 110 and friendly with the 5 zone factions.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Finally got my horde shaman to 110 last night and got all the reps to friendly to unlock world quests. Now i get to start gearing it up. Being able to heal on horde and alliance now should be nice though.

I do have to say that enhancement is 100% inferior to windwalker in every way. It was altogether a worse experience leveling the shaman compared to the monk. At least resto shaman heals very smoothly, but there is almost zero desire to play the dps specs.

Agreed. If Destruction Warlock is a Mage done right, then Windwalker Monk is Enhancement Shaman done right.

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    The new barrage animation freaks me out even more than the old one.

• Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »

The three classes that can survive a long fall-- Paladin, Mage, and Priest-- all need to go to the Dalaran crater. Heaven help you if you lag out during the loading animation...

Arms warrior has to as well IIRC. Better be fast with that heroic leap!

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Mugsley wrote: »

I was able to zap both of them as an Elemental Shaman-- get it, zap both of them ? I crack myself up-- in all Invasion gear. Hadn't thought about Hexing Chen.

I was Enh and was trying really hard not to swap specs. Creativity FTW!

This discussion has been closed.