As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] MATH of the Machine (Use Spoiler Tags for Raid Discussion!)

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Peen wrote: »
    Hey yeah @Forever Zefiro and anybody else, I made a game thing, come raid with me! Please! Or don't, whatever, I'll just raid by myself abloo bloo

https://www.the100.io/gaming_sessions/750452

Joined. I still need to VoG for my No Time To Explain.

Yo @Peen this shows as being for today and not Friday

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    THE FUCK IT DOES

Ok maybe, sorry guys. I fixed it. I'd do it tonight but I have plans.

Peen on
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    @Arteen I forgot to mention it earlier, but I got a Praetorian Foil from the Templar during NAT Burn's Vault run last night!
    :P

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Sirialis wrote: »
    @Khraul Sounded like you were interested in a Grasp? There are many like it, but this is my Grasp of Malok, its not a perfect god roll unfortunately, still a serviceable workhorse though.

9dML4bKl.jpg
    Red Dot-OES, Counterbalance, Handlaid Stock/Fitted Stock and Glass Half Full.

Short clip of how it handles, in the clip I'm usually correcting the drift and its not hard to notice the times I'm not correcting it.
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Sirialis/video/21347405

Disclaimer, I didnt even really like Grasp of Malok at first, its grown on me though.

My grasp does bonus Fallen damage. Between that and @Brogey 's bonus shank damage we will RULE this new raid. RULE I SAY.

EDIT: did you make sure to make (?) that 100 group private? I've had bad experiences with that before...

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Flawless Raider is like an anti-achievement to me. One of my main objectives in raids is pushing AFK people off of cliffs. I would much rather be able to say that I downed Mugen than Oryx.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    rndmhero wrote: »
    Flawless Raider is like an anti-achievement to me. One of my main objectives in raids is pushing AFK people off of cliffs. I would much rather be able to say that I downed Mugen than Oryx.

I see how it is.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Ahhhhh I finished Mountaintop!

All that's left is War Preist!

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    I was looking through my inventory

And I have a machine gun with both Guerilla Fighter AND Exhumed

Best gun? Best gun. Definitely.

• Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    Looks like we have enough to go below and kill Crota if the reserves are ready to join the fireteam this evening. If you want to kill Crota and definitely have time time, feel free to sign on in a non-reserve spot, though.

https://www.the100.io/game/748586

@Descendant X and @Khraul are you guys going to be in on the raid this evening or did you sign up as reserves because you weren't sure?

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    The true reward from mountaintop are the shax bounties

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Grifter wrote: »
    Looks like we have enough to go below and kill Crota if the reserves are ready to join the fireteam this evening. If you want to kill Crota and definitely have time time, feel free to sign on in a non-reserve spot, though.

@ "Descendant X" and @ Khraul are you guys going to be in on the raid this evening or did you sign up as reserves because you weren't sure?

I signed up since I'll be around tonight but it is no problem for me to step aside if one of the reserves can make it.

I'm mostly doing it because I haven't done Crota in forever and the outside chance of a crux.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    edited September 2016

@Descendant X and @Khraul are you guys going to be in on the raid this evening or did you sign up as reserves because you weren't sure?

I signed up because I wasn't sure, but I've left the game because I have a bunch of running around to do this afternoon and will likely not be home by 5. I also did Crota's End last night, and I'm not sure I want that stress again on Hard Mode :P

EDIT: I'm also doubtful that I'll be able to get the patch downloaded and installed before 5, but that's an entirely different problem.

Descendant X on
    Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    Patch starts in about 40 minutes. Have any patch notes been posted yet? I looked but didn't see any.

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular

I signed up because I wasn't sure, but I've left the game because I have a bunch of running around to do this afternoon and will likely not be home by 5. I also did Crota's End last night, and I'm not sure I want that stress again on Hard Mode :P

EDIT: I'm also doubtful that I'll be able to get the patch downloaded and installed before 5, but that's an entirely different problem.

Stress? STRESS?! THAT WAS THE MOST JOYOUS AND UH EFFECTIVE CROTA RUN EVER

You will fall down that same hole 5 times and you will like it, good sir.

Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
  • Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    I can handle some crota, sounds like a good time. I'll bring the cheese.

3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    We have a @metaghost who remembers how the mechanics of the raid works Mich better than me. That should make it a bit easier than the VoG raid from last week.

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    OK, I'm really hoping the upcoming downtime was messing things up. I did four vanguard strikes, but only two counted for my DO exotic. Was I bugged out, or is it seriously that crappy that it only counts your 3 weekly and then stops??

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    OK, I'm really hoping the upcoming downtime was messing things up. I did four vanguard strikes, but only two counted for my DO exotic. Was I bugged out, or is it seriously that crappy that it only counts your 3 weekly and then stops??

For me I usually fucked up and not had either the banner, shader or class item equipped at the end.
    We have a @ metaghost who remembers how the mechanics of the raid works Mich better than me. That should make it a bit easier than the VoG raid from last week.

But how will you ever learn? Clearly Mugen should help you to be your best you and only offer memory tips to help you on your way.

Wait, uh, do I remember how to do the Crota raid?

Nevermind.

• Options
    We have a @ metaghost who remembers how the mechanics of the raid works Mich better than me. That should make it a bit easier than the VoG raid from last week.

But how will you ever learn? Clearly Mugen should help you to be your best you and only offer memory tips to help you on your way.

Wait, uh, do I remember how to do the Crota raid?

Nevermind.

I remember the broad brushstrokes of the raid but I'm sure I'll have forgotten some of the finer points. Crota is a shorter raid with easier mechanics for the most part if memory serves so we should hopefully get through it without too much of a hassle.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Brogey wrote: »
    @Arteen I forgot to mention it earlier, but I got a Praetorian Foil from the Templar during NAT Burn's Vault run last night!
    :P

Nine more of those and we'll be tied. 8-)

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Crota raid

Run to second lamp, jump to upper platform, follow the bones, start the plate, jump on the rock, snipe the ogre, go through the light but troll everyone to think you aren't going go make it

Kill swordbearer, swipe across the gap, just add the Garry

Run through the thrallway, killing the shriekers

Pull the Wizards out if ir yut's chamber, kill them from the ground, run up, kill the shriekers, kill ir yut

Crota, do whatever dumb shit this encounter is dumb in hard mode

• Options
    It begins.

• Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular

More blood for the bridge god!

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
  • Options
    We know you can't play the game but you can be mildly amused by us occasionally pretending to do things on the web!

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    "0.04% reduction to sniper rifle impact -- We're listening!"

Weapon tuning always fills me with trepidation. Please don't nerf any primaries.

• Options
    Weapon Tuning (Bungie.net)

*I haven't read through it yet.

KkrouBB.png
    Bogaerts wrote:
  • Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    EvilMonkey wrote: »

More blood for the bridge god!

More like blood for the hole god. We did the bridge with only one failure, and that was because we weren't listening to the guy who knew what to do. We had at least four party wipes from the holes in the lantern path.

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Well fuck.

Touch of Malice’s self-damage infliction now removes Blessing of Light

Edit: AH HA HA HA HA

Firefly
    Possible fix for crash related to special effects triggered by the Firefly perk

What's this existed for, 3 years now?

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    "Universal Remote
    An exotic shotgun not gated by the special ammo economy was already a dangerous tool, but as players honed their mastery over the strong mobility options that Destiny has to offer, a hair-pulling combination was born. A range reduction helps bring the efficacy of these sorts of tactics down a bit.
    Exotic Perk range bonus reduced by 75% (no longer guarantees maximum shotgun range)
    Increased rate of fire (lowers damage as a secondary effect)"

*sad trombone*

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    Yup.

The general fix to shotguns is to make full auto ones better I guess?

Everything is apparently getting more flinch and Snipers especially so...maybe.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Well fuck.

Came in here to post exactly this

Not sure why they felt this was necessary...

• Options
    I feel that pretty much kills the UR/NBP plan I had going into RoI.

Oh Well. I'll just grab one of those DO Shotguns and use a different primary.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »
    "Universal Remote
    An exotic shotgun not gated by the special ammo economy was already a dangerous tool, but as players honed their mastery over the strong mobility options that Destiny has to offer, a hair-pulling combination was born. A range reduction helps bring the efficacy of these sorts of tactics down a bit.
    Exotic Perk range bonus reduced by 75% (no longer guarantees maximum shotgun range)
    Increased rate of fire (lowers damage as a secondary effect)"

*sad trombone*

It's ok, when the change rolls out it'll probably actually increase the range by 75%

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Well fuck.

My favorite bit is where they talk about how they want it to shine in the raid right before they cripple it for the most important use in the raid.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Well fuck.

Firefly

On the whole, the tunings seem really positive. But that change to ToM is just "bwuh?" I guess it may have someone invalidated an encounter in the new raid.

Also, such trolling here:
    Bungo wrote:
    Hand Cannons
    You will only find small bug fixes for 2.4.0 for this weapon category. However, as a preview to Rise of Iron, newly minted low rate of fire hand cannons have a higher maximum possible range stat, giving players a distinct reason to choose that type of weapon.
    • Fixed an issue where the hand cannon Zaouli's Bane's rate of Fire stat would display incorrectly
    • Fixed an issue where the Taken King Vanguard and Armsday Hand Cannons (Down and Doubt 00-0, Kumakatok HC4) stats would display incorrectly.

• Options
    They did add Headseeker to NTTE and I do happen to like NTTE so that's something I suppose.

• Options
    Totally biased opinions on weapon tuning:

Bad:
    ToM nerf (middle Titans on Oryx will probably still be a thing, they'll just use snipers/MG?)
    No change to Hand Cannon RNG

Good:
    No nerf to scout rifles
    Surplus buff (new Field Scout?)

Meh:
    pretty much everything else - minor changes to trash-tier perks don't make them desirable.

KkrouBB.png
    Bogaerts wrote:
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    metaghost wrote: »
    Well fuck.

Firefly

On the whole, the tunings seem really positive. But that change to ToM is just "bwuh?" I guess it may have someone invalidated an encounter in the new raid.

I think my favorite bit is it doesn't fix the interaction between ToM and the Exposure modifier so you know, won't stop people exploiting it on some places.

I was going to say "Yea but it will be such low light..." but then I remembered they'll never get to use that out again. Well maybe with Destiny 2.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Well fuck.

My favorite bit is where they talk about how they want it to shine in the raid right before they cripple it for the most important use in the raid.

Intended use for ToM is inside the Aura of Immortality (DPS on Sisters, staggering Oryx, clearing encounter area pre-Blight explosion). Using Blessing Titans in mid is a player-created strat that BNG obviously disapproves of.

Moreover, dancing in and out of Blessing bubbles with ToM was used in lots of other activities outside the raid. It's extremely high DPS if you're coordinated.

Edit: Not saying that I approve of the nerf, just that I understand why they did it.

Erevar on
    KkrouBB.png
    Bogaerts wrote: