As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Legion: I have sacrificed everything...

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Lots of the class specific quests require stuff like that, it's a nice touch. Nobody but your class could do the quest.

I think paladins need to use bubble to survive a fall at some point, and demon hunters have to chase a demon and the only way to do it fast enough is parkour with double jump.

The three classes that can survive a long fall-- Paladin, Mage, and Priest-- all need to go to the Dalaran crater. Heaven help you if you lag out during the loading animation...

There is an npc next to the portal that gives you a slow fall item for money.

However, my first time I didn't load fast enough and was simply dead there. I was VERY confused cause I didn't even know I fell.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Agreed. If Destruction Warlock is a Mage done right, then Windwalker Monk is Enhancement Shaman done right.

Yeah, I know I'm low level and ilvl, but I really feel resource starved and it stinks. I thought it was going to get better, but it's only getting worse. I miss how fun Enh was in the past two Expansions. Even with all the buttons it was balls-out fun to punch things.

• Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Agreed. If Destruction Warlock is a Mage done right, then Windwalker Monk is Enhancement Shaman done right.

Yeah, I know I'm low level and ilvl, but I really feel resource starved and it stinks. I thought it was going to get better, but it's only getting worse. I miss how fun Enh was in the past two Expansions. Even with all the buttons it was balls-out fun to punch things.

I'm still enjoying my enha shaman, but it still doesn't feel right. I'm often either looking for my next Boulderfist recharge or I'm maelstrom capped. I like the AE and I do hilarious levels of burst on questing mobs.

I also did all 3 artifact quests as enha in enha gear. I did swap briefly for the elemental one, but was a bumbling idiot so swapped back. The resto one was an experience though.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I transmog'd my off hand on my orc shaman into the twilight hammer
    I did not like the look of the molten hammer and well sporting two legendary hammers seems to be funny

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I transmogged the shield to the Royal Crest of Lordaeron because nothing is better than that shield.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular

Uhhh. While i wont disagree with the idea that a Destruction warlock is a Fire mage gone bad (and therefore well done in THEORY), Destro still isnt in a great place for raid dps. I hesitate to call it 'done right' just yet.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Assuran wrote: »
    The new barrage animation freaks me out even more than the old one.

It really does not help define the size of the cone at all.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Penumbra wrote: »

I'm still enjoying my enha shaman, but it still doesn't feel right. I'm often either looking for my next Boulderfist recharge or I'm maelstrom capped. I like the AE and I do hilarious levels of burst on questing mobs.

I also did all 3 artifact quests as enha in enha gear. I did swap briefly for the elemental one, but was a bumbling idiot so swapped back. The resto one was an experience though.

Stupid question, but perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place for my AE damage. Do you just pop Lightning Crash, then keep spamming LL and SS? I'm not sure if I'm forgetting something, or maybe it's just not as clear-cut (to me at least) as spreading Flame Shock and Chain Lightning were. l understand that part of the AE is the Area of Effect that Lightning Crash leaves behind.

Also, the Boulderfist buff is ridiculously short. Hopefully something changes later to increase it closer to the duration of Flametongue.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    I just realized that I took just about every active talent on my frost mage tree, which means i have about 10 spells on rotation. Thinking about paring that down some, maybe getting rid of rune of power or frost bomb. Anyone else here frost mage and have experience with Incanter's flow/unstable magic?

It's weird having to cast two spells before i even start the dps pain train. It definitely makes my dps suffer in short fights.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    I transmogged the shield to the Royal Crest of Lordaeron because nothing is better than that shield.

I have a soft spot for the Draconian Deflector. The really good pally xmog I have that uses it is tempting me to switch from my monk even after I started leveling.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Hmm, I could have sworn they said you could place work orders for companion ilevel upgrades from the app, but I guess not. Lame!

EDIT: Also this might just be the app bugging out, but think follower upgrades/equipment has to be in your inventory to be used in the app. Bank access seems to show the item, but using it doesn't do anything.

Javen on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »

I have a soft spot for the Draconian Deflector. The really good pally xmog I have that uses it is tempting me to switch from my monk even after I started leveling.

Ah yeah that one is a classic shield, I can't hate it.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    I just realized that I took just about every active talent on my frost mage tree, which means i have about 10 spells on rotation. Thinking about paring that down some, maybe getting rid of rune of power or frost bomb. Anyone else here frost mage and have experience with Incanter's flow/unstable magic?

It's weird having to cast two spells before i even start the dps pain train. It definitely makes my dps suffer in short fights.

I switched to incanter's flow because I found I was moving a lot when fighting mobs or in scenarios. And yeah it lessens ramp up. May not be the most maximal dmg but it's worth it to me for quality of life, and I haven't noticed a large drop off.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    (also I'm fire but I think my comment still works) :biggrin:

• Options
    ImthebOHGODBEESImthebOHGODBEES Registered User regular
    You guys are on mythics already?

Here I am trying to get to heroic item level.

I hit lvl 109 last night. Pretty excited to get the big eleven-oh this weekend.

Do you, in fact, have any builds in this shop at all?
  • Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular

Same! I just started Aszuna, and it's nice to do a zone without a dumb amount of verticality for a change! I'm NOT looking forward to doing the last zone at 110, though. Just feels weird to do questing at max level for me.

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Have any other healers been having...difficulty in normal dungeons?

I'm running dungeons while leveling for these class/end of zone quests, and I queue as heals and DPS, because Druid. I am always the healer, that's fine. But something just seems off with the level scaling here, like I'll have all of my HoTs on the tank (lifebloom, rejuvenation, regrowth, effervescence) and non-stop spamming Healing Touch on him, and his health won't move.

I'm not crazy low ilvl or anything, I'm about 760. I have run the Azshara dungeon twice and both times this happened. Is it because I'm not 110 and I have 110s in my group? Am I going crazy, what gives? These dungeons are REALLY hard to heal.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular

I'm running dungeons while leveling for these class/end of zone quests, and I queue as heals and DPS, because Druid. I am always the healer, that's fine. But something just seems off with the level scaling here, like I'll have all of my HoTs on the tank (lifebloom, rejuvenation, regrowth, effervescence) and non-stop spamming Healing Touch on him, and his health won't move.

I'm not crazy low ilvl or anything, I'm about 760. I have run the Azshara dungeon twice and both times this happened. Is it because I'm not 110 and I have 110s in my group? Am I going crazy, what gives? These dungeons are REALLY hard to heal.

I had some trouble but this is the first time in a while I've healed, and it was right after I got to 110. (So gear wasn't awesome)

Speaking of gear, I have noticed that as my ilvl slowly improves from world quests that I'm having an easier time with larger pulls even out in the world. It's making a noticeable difference.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited September 2016

As a shaman, I'm having 0 issue healing mythics. It might be a druid thing. A druid friend (who I know is good) keeps letting people get low, yet going OOM. Meanwhile, I can reliably keep people topped off while maintaining 50%+ mana. I'll have to heal on my druid to see where the issue might lie.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

I wouldn't go that far. WW Monk's artifact ability is way overdue for being tuned down. I haven't seen any other artifact ability remotely match it in power.

• Options
    edited September 2016

Getting heroic item level is one of the slowest gearing processes ATM. Once you get that delicious 810, you're ready for both heroics AND mythics. At this point, you'll get 20+ item levels in about a week.
    Donnicton wrote: »

I wouldn't go that far. WW Monk's artifact ability is way overdue for being tuned down. I haven't seen any other artifact ability remotely match it in power.

Full Moon?
    Grape Ape wrote: »

Same! I just started Aszuna, and it's nice to do a zone without a dumb amount of verticality for a change! I'm NOT looking forward to doing the last zone at 110, though. Just feels weird to do questing at max level for me.

Get used to it. You're going to be doing a LOT of it in Suramar.

Zython on
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    I dunno, it's really noticeable for me. I've been playing a healing Druid since Wrath, and my heals have never felt so weak before. I was doing everything in my power to keep the tank up, even burning cooldowns on trash pulls to keep the group alive, and we still wiped a few times.

Normal dungeons haven't been this hard to heal since Cataclysm, and I feel like I'm going crazy or something. Nothing I do works.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    OK, 110 reached and two* poop quests done.

Expansion complete.

*Technically only one, but since one of em is "A lion ate my homework. Kill some lions until you find the one who ate my homework, which you retrieve from its guts where its poop is stored." I'm counting it.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I finished up almost all the Highmountain story quests this morning. All that's left is the one that takes me into Neltharion's Lair. I also finished my class hall campaign this morning, and with the gear and upgrades I got from that, my ilvl jumped from 811 to 820.

I haven't even seen most of the dungeons on normal yet, but I probably should just queue for heroics from now on, right?

• Options
    antheremantherem Registered User regular

Stupid question, but perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place for my AE damage. Do you just pop Lightning Crash, then keep spamming LL and SS? I'm not sure if I'm forgetting something, or maybe it's just not as clear-cut (to me at least) as spreading Flame Shock and Chain Lightning were. l understand that part of the AE is the Area of Effect that Lightning Crash leaves behind.

Also, the Boulderfist buff is ridiculously short. Hopefully something changes later to increase it closer to the duration of Flametongue.

Yeah, Crash Lightning and then LL/SS keeping everything in a cone in front of you. And if it's a bad pull, pop wolvesraptors with the Alpha Wolf trait and they'll rip the pack to shreds every time you hit Crash Lightning.

Did a few Order Hall/artifact quests last night. I didn't have a lot of time to play and those quests took forever.

Tip for Shamans doing the Ra-Den's Fist quest: When you get to Chen and Li-Li, toss a Hex on Chen while you burn down Li-Li. This took me way too long to realize.

I was able to zap both of them as an Elemental Shaman-- get it, zap both of them ? I crack myself up-- in all Invasion gear. Hadn't thought about Hexing Chen.

I was Enh and was trying really hard not to swap specs. Creativity FTW!

I think I did the Elemental challenge at around 103, so I used the legendary ring to make Li-Li accidentally vaporize. I miss that ring. I wouldn't even have thought of Hex, that's super clever.
    I tried the resto challenge as resto, got nowhere, swapped to Enhancement and lightninged everything to the ground.

• Options
    ShinyRedKnightShinyRedKnight Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I think it's worth doing them on normal once, especially if you tank, to get a hang of the layout and patterns. I've only tanked Halls of Valor normal, and there are some tricky things I would not have been aware of without a video and a run on normal helped me understand it better.

Basically, there seems to be trash that's harder to avoid, and some funky layouts that can separate you from the group if you don't know of it ahead of time, like th Fenrir area in HoV.

Edit: was responding to @SteevL

ShinyRedKnight on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN: ShinyRedKnight Xbox Live: ShinyRedKnight
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Healing is fine, the problem is usually that tanks arent using their mitigation, people are standing in fire and/or ignoring mechanics. Also there is a huge differenfe between groups that use aoe stuns, cc, and kicks and those that dont. It isnt a 1 man show anymore and the whole group needs to get their head out of their ass basically. Playing with people you know do those things will make your life healing much easier.

• Options
    antheremantherem Registered User regular

Anecdotally from healer friends, fresh 110s are super squishy and difficult to keep healed. It seems to be a weird artifact of the scaling tech.
    Also PUGs seem to have a super hard time with the mechanics in Azshara.

• Options
    I think it's worth doing them on normal once, especially if you tank, to get a hang of the layout and patterns. I've only tanked Halls of Valor normal, and there are some tricky things I would not have been aware of without a video and a run on normal helped me understand it better.

Basically, there seems to be trash that's harder to avoid, and some funky layouts that can separate you from the group if you don't know of it ahead of time, like th Fenrir area in HoV.

Edit: was responding to @SteevL

For what it's worth, I'm DPS, which usually means a 45+ minute queue on my realm. :(

• Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    Hmm, to use my free bump or not to use my free bump...

On the one hand I am afraid I will use it on something I don't like, on the other I am really bad to get potion syndrome and its entirely likely if I don't make myself use it I will still have it come next expansion.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Yeah I hit 110 before I started Suramar but there is a LOT of questing to be done there. It's mostly pretty awesome though.

I'm up to 822 or so on my Holy Priest, got my alchemy quest finished so I need the raid for the next part. Actually sold an agi flask for 1500 gold too so hoping I come home to a nice stack of cash from selling those. Only ones on the AH when I started and mat prices were such that I was making 1-200ish gold from each one just buying the mats. Rank 2 in all the flasks now too thanks to the heroics.

Just have to get my herbalism stuff all ranked up higher. Anyone know if skill level matters there? I'm only in the 2-300 range since I just started leveling it.

And at some point I'll go get the 6th Kosumoth orb, if it isn't awful.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    Healing is fine, the problem is usually that tanks arent using their mitigation, people are standing in fire and/or ignoring mechanics. Also there is a huge differenfe between groups that use aoe stuns, cc, and kicks and those that dont. It isnt a 1 man show anymore and the whole group needs to get their head out of their ass basically. Playing with people you know do those things will make your life healing much easier.

Yeah. People are lazy. I call it the Wrath-pedemic. My GF got booted out of a run just starting because she was Disc the other day. Simply because she was disc. And we saw on youtube the same thing happening to another disc player that was spamming Smite ie AoE healing with that haste buff up.

• Options
    Radiation wrote: »
    Does hierloom armor have a thing that makes it go beyond 60 for xp boost? Also are there any other things that would give an xp boost? Thinking about picking up something from Darkmoon Fair while I can.

Heirloom gear can be upgraded to lv 90 with an item that's sold for ~1k gold, and another that upgrades it further to lv 100 for 2k gold. They may be sold by DMF/holiday vendors, but I'm not sure.

The other things that can give you XP boosts off the top of my head.
    -Riding the Darkmoon Carousel gives you a 10% rep and XP boost for an hour.
    -Elixir of Ancient Knowledge is a BoA elixir found on certain pandaria rares. It boosts XP gains by 300% for 1 hour. Stops working above lv 84.
    -Elixir of Rapid Mind is a non-soulbound elixir found on certain Draenor elites in Nagrand, I believe. It boosts XP gains by 300% for 15 minutes. Stops working above lv 99.

• Options
    BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    So I reactivated my wow account and bought legion to play with people at work, since I succumb to peer pressure so easily. I log in to see what servers my toons are on since I haven't logged in since 2009.

All my characters are gone. Had at least 3 max level toons (burning crusade era). Did my account get hacked and they deleted all my dudes? Plus a bunch of lower level dudes to hold names.

What the hell do I do? Do I just chalk them up as gone and use that level 100 boost on a new guy?

Bloodycow on
    " I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
  • Options
    The 45+ minute queue basically means I can't really do dungeons. I estimate that dungeons take about 30 minutes, and while i can guarantee i have the time for the next half or or so, I usually cannot guarantee i'll have a block of time that is at least 75 minutes. I bet there are plenty of folks in the same boat.

Steam
  • Options
    Bloodycow wrote: »
    So I reactivated my wow account and bought legion to play with people at work, since I succumb to peer pressure so easily. I log in to see what servers my toons are on since I haven't logged in since 2009.

All my characters are gone. Had at least 3 max level toons (burning crusade era). Did my account get hacked and they deleted all my dudes?

This is actually a situation that @Gizzy had. She had to find the realm that her character was on exactly and then load that one up. She found it via the character transfer option on the bnet account page.

Steam
  • Options
    Oh man I forgot all about the Darkmoon Faire carousel buff. I will have to do that before doing world quests later today.

• Options
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Enigmedic wrote: »

Yeah. People are lazy. I call it the Wrath-pedemic. My GF got booted out of a run just starting because she was Disc the other day. Simply because she was disc. And we saw on youtube the same thing happening to another disc player that was spamming Smite ie AoE healing with that haste buff up.

I spam smite and I'm a holy priest!

It gets boring sometimes when serendipity and renew and my T'uure spawn are just doing a fine job so I throw some deeps out there.

People are dumb.

• Options
    Bloodycow wrote: »

All my characters are gone. Had at least 3 max level toons (burning crusade era). Did my account get hacked and they deleted all my dudes? Plus a bunch of lower level dudes to hold names.

What the hell do I do? Do I just chalk them up as gone and use that level 100 boost on a new guy?

Are you looking at the right server? You can definitely contact blizz to ask them (their CS is pretty good in my experience, on the phone) but I know when I renewed after a loooong while I had to click my specific servers to have the characters show up again. They did do some old name cleaning out a while ago I think, but it should be a name change, not a character deletion.

• Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    antherem wrote: »

Yeah, Crash Lightning and then LL/SS keeping everything in a cone in front of you. And if it's a bad pull, pop wolvesraptors with the Alpha Wolf trait and they'll rip the pack to shreds every time you hit Crash Lightning.

Did a few Order Hall/artifact quests last night. I didn't have a lot of time to play and those quests took forever.

Tip for Shamans doing the Ra-Den's Fist quest: When you get to Chen and Li-Li, toss a Hex on Chen while you burn down Li-Li. This took me way too long to realize.

I was able to zap both of them as an Elemental Shaman-- get it, zap both of them ? I crack myself up-- in all Invasion gear. Hadn't thought about Hexing Chen.

I was Enh and was trying really hard not to swap specs. Creativity FTW!

I think I did the Elemental challenge at around 103, so I used the legendary ring to make Li-Li accidentally vaporize. I miss that ring. I wouldn't even have thought of Hex, that's super clever.
    I tried the resto challenge as resto, got nowhere, swapped to Enhancement and lightninged everything to the ground.

Pretty much what he said. Crash lightning all the time. I try to hold stormstrike until that buff is up. I just got Alpha Wolf and am enjoying its contribution.

I went the opposite route. I hexed Li-Li and blew up Chen. I probably made it more difficult in the process because she kept knocking me away when I got close.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
This discussion has been closed.