As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny] MATH of the Machine (Use Spoiler Tags for Raid Discussion!)

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Erevar wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Well fuck.

Touch of Malice’s self-damage infliction now removes Blessing of Light

Came in here to post exactly this

Not sure why they felt this was necessary...

My favorite bit is where they talk about how they want it to shine in the raid right before they cripple it for the most important use in the raid.

Intended use for ToM is inside the Aura of Immortality (DPS on Sisters, staggering Oryx, clearing encounter area pre-Blight explosion). Using Blessing Titans in mid is a player-created strat that BNG obviously disapproves of.

Moreover, dancing in and out of Blessing bubbles with ToM was used in lots of other activities outside the raid. It's extremely high DPS if you're coordinated.

Edit: Not saying that I approve of the nerf, just that I understand why they did it.

I didn't realize this was a thing

Yeah, that makes sense then

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Erevar wrote: »
    Well fuck.

My favorite bit is where they talk about how they want it to shine in the raid right before they cripple it for the most important use in the raid.

Intended use for ToM is inside the Aura of Immortality (DPS on Sisters, staggering Oryx, clearing encounter area pre-Blight explosion). Using Blessing Titans in mid is a player-created strat that BNG obviously disapproves of.

Moreover, dancing in and out of Blessing bubbles with ToM was used in lots of other activities outside the raid. It's extremely high DPS if you're coordinated.

Edit: Not saying that I approve of the nerf, just that I understand why they did it.

I didn't realize this was a thing

Yeah, that makes sense then

Yup, the exact same way you do it in KF. I was lucky enough to do it with Booker and...someone else (I forget, and Bungie is down to look it up!) to speed run CoE a couple weeks ago. We would just do Weapons+Blessing and burn the boss down with our Touches. It was fantastic.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Well fuck.

For pretty much exactly the same reason they nerfed the hack blammer

It is nearly impossible to tune for a super hard hitting long range gun with infinite ammo without raid mechanics. It's fine against oryx because the fight is dynamic and it isn't really a matter of doing damage to prevail in the encounter. Going into RoI the ToM + blessing strategy would simply be the strictly dominant strategy.

While it breaks the obvious strategy for oryx if we what to keep doing that then our light levels will be so high it won't matter.

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Most of those changes sound good.

The Touch of Malice change is a bit WTF but won't matter very soon. High RoF auto nerf was unnecessary. That archetype is in a good place and the others need buffed.

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Bah.

I have no idea how I want to build now. My house of cards has fallen.

I'll probably just use the NTTE until I figure it out. Maybe mess around with the fancy new multi role exotic.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Removed impact stat bonuses that had no effect on base damage and only on the UI

Does this mean the bonuses were so small that it only made a visual difference: eg 1.00002 vs 1.0 points of damage?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Sort of funny that Truth escapes the grenades and horseshoes nerf when it is the very definition of "removing the interesting requirements of anticipation" or whatever they said

I don't remember what Grave robber or cascade do

Fabian strategy sounds like it could actually be good

• ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Sort of funny that Truth escapes the grenades and horseshoes nerf when it is the very definition of "removing the interesting requirements of anticipation" or whatever they said

Aren't exotics supposed to be able to break "the rules," though?

Do you guys think we'll see Boolean Gemini enter the meta now that it has high-impact rounds (i.e. MIDA replacement to counter snipers)?

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    I don't remember what Grave robber or cascade do

Fabian strategy sounds like it could actually be good

I don't remember cascade but Grave Robber was melee kills giving you ammo for your equipped weapon. With it giving you enough ammo for like one or two minion kills and only working a fifth of the time kind explains why it was pointless. Not even sure if it were 100% up if it'd be worth it on things that can roll it.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    Sure but almost everyone runs truth because it is so dominant in elimination

And given most of the special slot exotics are outclassed by their Lego counterparts it makes switching simple if you want to run an exotic primary.

I'd think the movement speed bonus for MIDA still carries it over Boolean?

I am approaching 4,000 scout rifle PVP kills on my hunter, and I imagine at this point 2,000 of my scout rifle PVP kills came from an iteration of the NL Shadow 701X.

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    They nerfed Autorifles for the 3rd time in a row!? Is anyone even using these piles of shit anymore? I cant remember seeing anyone do good with an Autorifle in Trials in a long time.

Both my Doctrine and my Soulstealer (which I got after the nerf) have been collecting dust in the vault since the last nerf, because they fucking sucked after that and now they are getting even worse.

Sniper nerf, finally and its only a year+ overdue... But I'll believe it when I see it.

Also, buffing shit like Exhumed, Grave Robber and Guerilla Fighter...? Yeah, they are still useless garbage tier perks at their core, even with added time or %, they should just have removed them instead.

Sirialis on
    edited September 2016
    Did we say we were upping the flinch on snipers? Our bad, we meant to say fusion rifles.

Seidkona on
    "Possible fix for Firefly"... What?

"Yeah, we just dont even know, man, try it out or whatever"

• The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    They fucking nerfed Autorifles for the 3rd time in a row!? Is anyone even using these piles of shit anymore? I cant remember seeing anyone do good with an Autorifle in Trials in a long time.

Both my Doctrine and my Soulstealer (which I got after the nerf) has been vaulted since the last nerf, because they fucking sucked after that and now they make them even worse.

Sniper nerf, finally... But I'll believe it when I see it.

Also, buffing shit like Exhumed etc. ... ? Yeah, they are still useless garbage, you should have removed them instead, noone wants that crap in the game.

That flinching buff is pretty great - a lot of people have been clamoring for it, and basically acts like an intrinsic HCB buff to, well, everything.

Certainly makes fast firing scouts and pulses the bane of all snipers now.

I'm disappointed they didn't buff fusions a bit more though, because a 15-25% buff to range would make them a viable secondary choice for sweaty players.

Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
    edited September 2016
    Flinching stuff sounds great, especially since Unflinching gets a nerf on top, it would make my Grasp a contender for countersniping.

... Just make sure that its the sniper aim that moves and not just your general view, otherwise snipers will still oneshot you without much of an issue, even when being headshotted.

I would still like a strafe flinch to snipers in PvP though.

Sirialis on
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    I am excited to sidearm everything

• EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    EvilMonkey wrote: »
    Grifter wrote: »
    Looks like we have enough to go below and kill Crota if the reserves are ready to join the fireteam this evening. If you want to kill Crota and definitely have time time, feel free to sign on in a non-reserve spot, though.

https://www.the100.io/game/748586

@Descendant X and @Khraul are you guys going to be in on the raid this evening or did you sign up as reserves because you weren't sure?

I signed up because I wasn't sure, but I've left the game because I have a bunch of running around to do this afternoon and will likely not be home by 5. I also did Crota's End last night, and I'm not sure I want that stress again on Hard Mode :P

EDIT: I'm also doubtful that I'll be able to get the patch downloaded and installed before 5, but that's an entirely different problem.

Stress? STRESS?! THAT WAS THE MOST JOYOUS AND UH EFFECTIVE CROTA RUN EVER

You will fall down that same hole 5 times and you will like it, good sir.

More blood for the bridge god!

More like blood for the hole god. We did the bridge with only one failure, and that was because we weren't listening to the guy who knew what to do. We had at least four party wipes from the holes in the lantern path.

Psssst. I was jumping down those lantern holes with you :P

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular

I'm ultra sad about this because after much deliberation, I disassembled my god roll Ironwreath-D because I didn't think sidearms had much of a place in the future meta. *smacks forehead*

Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Ugh I'm starting to realize I think in going to miss out on this expansion. I'm mainly bummed to not be hanging with you fine folks but my life is crazy right now and there's just no realistic time.

Man.

I want to raid and new coo and be excited to explore the new area. But it just feels like I'll be stressed out for time. ;(

616610-1.png
  • VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    The only change in that balancing that affects me negatively is the ToM/Blessing nerf. Everything else seems great. They nerfed the things that people always killed me with and didn't touch the things I kill with (Red Death, MIDA, CTD, Terminus, Truth). We'll see how the buffs go to things that people don't currently use. I'm now kicking myself for not collecting Surplus snipers.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
    edited September 2016

I'm ultra sad about this because after much deliberation, I disassembled my god roll Ironwreath-D because I didn't think sidearms had much of a place in the future meta. *smacks forehead*

I have some pretty good rolls I think, we will see how these shake out

Havoc Pigeon
    Crowd Control, Outlaw, Quickdraw

Crows Eye
    Fitted Stock, High Caliber Rounds (now with +3 range!), Hot Swap

Jabberhakke
    Truesight, Rangefinder, Feeding Frenzy, Handloaded/Swap Rounds (now with +5 range!)

Wassermelone on
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    The New Monarchy vendor sidearm is pretty solid from what I recall? Might be worth picking up for the update.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    edited September 2016
    Also its going to be interesting how Boolean Gemini and No Time to Explain work out

Boolean is probably going to be amazing anti sniper weapon w/ the High Caliber rounds + Sniper changes

And

NTTE might just be amazing

Wassermelone on
    I think I still have my sidearms.

Need to get an NTTE someday. Also need to get that stupid sword quest done because I forgot about it and then do PoE carded because it's not matchmade (which I'm not surprised about).

I already use NTTE on my warlock as her main weapon in PvE

I think its great for any enemy type. I've never used it in PvP but can't see it being that great, imo.

Well with the buff to the archetype and the added headseeker intrinsic. Probably won't take it to a two burst kill or anything though

Probably still a pve weapon mostly, just a really excellent one

edited September 2016
    Also

@Grifter @the raging platypus @DevoutlyApathetic @Khraul @Masume

Might want to start your downloads now if we want to get in that raid on time, 13.6 gb patch

Wassermelone on
    Also

@Grifter @the raging platypus @DevoutlyApathetic @Khraul @Masume

Might want to start your downloads now if we want to get in that raid on time, 13.6 gb patch

@Booker

this is your reminder to do that early in the day as well

• GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    How do I start my download remotely?

edited September 2016
    Oh shit thats cool:
    1st Daily Public Event Gold completion:
    • 1x Legendary Engram(once level 40; upgrade engram before)
    • 15x Destination Materials
    • 15x Legendary Marks
    • 5x Motes of Light
    • Very low chance of Exotic Shard
    • 4k XP – core, subclass, gear
    • 25x Vanguard Rep

Also Salvage changes:
    Salvage
    • Reduced initial Relic Capture spawn delay, from 15 to 10 seconds
    • Reduced time between Relic spawns, from 25 to 15 seconds
    • Reduced countdown time on enemy probe, from 45 to 30 seconds
    • Increased interaction radius on enemy probe, from 3 to 5 meters
    • Increased successful sabotage score from 150 to 200 points
    • Changed scoring so that now only the interacting player gets points for a successful sabotage

From what I can tell that means sabotaging a relic has been dropped from 450 to 200 points (150 per player before, 200 for one player now)

Wassermelone on
  • BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    • Class items can now accept shaders
    :o
    • Fireteam and players in current game session list have been combined and will display 12 players without needing to change pages
    I know @Apotheosis has been waiting for this.

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Oh shit thats cool:

1st Daily Public Event Gold completion:
    • 1x Legendary Engram(once level 40; upgrade engram before)
    • 15x Destination Materials
    • 15x Legendary Marks
    • 5x Motes of Light
    • Very low chance of Exotic Shard
    • 4k XP – core, subclass, gear
    • 25x Vanguard Rep

damn that is awesome. been a good while since the public events where worth doing.

Record Books have been moved from the Materials on the Inventory menu to their own location in the Progress menu

YAY! Although I wonder what will happen to record books that are in the vault...

Also for the trials people:
    Elimination
    Heavy Ammo now only appears at one central location in Elimination matches
    3v3 gametypes gives slightly less Heavy Ammo per brick

So that means there's now a defined way to get a Legendary Engram regularly.

That is great.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
  • mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    Would anyone be able to put the balance changes/patch notes in spoilers? My work computer won't let me go to those posted links.

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454