As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX West 2016 Challenge Coin: Updated August 14th with Order form

123457»

• SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Devereaux wrote: »
    Just received the coins in the mail today and just in time for Pax! I noticed that the troll side of the color coin has no coating like the color coins do from Pax South 2016 and Pax East 2016. Other than that they look fantastic! Thanks for all your hard work in making this possible :D

I had to specifically ask to get the landmark side coated on the color coins for East.
    There were complaints it ruined the tactile experience of the coin.

@Nfan10039 Did you remember to order coins for Khoo too?
    I'm not sure if he'll be there, but I am sure Mike or Jerry could get them to him.
    And did you order a couple extras to fill someones future desire to get a coin they missed? I have a tiny stack of the East coins I was in charge of for just that reason...

And I just realized that all the US PAX coins are now under Canadian management.
    Mwahaha!

• RILMSRILMS North BayRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    SutibunRi wrote: »

I had to specifically ask to get the landmark side coated on the color coins for East.
    There were complaints it ruined the tactile experience of the coin.

For South we had colour on both sides, I didn't realize they would only do it for one side and not the whole coin. But I agree, I love the colour, but dislike the protective coating.

And I just realized that all the US PAX coins are now under Canadian management.
    Mwahaha!

Ha! That's true!! We sneaky Canadians...

RILMS on
    OtyHMcu.jpg
  • bacon_avengerbacon_avenger Defender of Pork Products Pacific NW, USARegistered User regular
    Mine arrived yesterday! \o/

Is it just me, or does the troll head look a little... squished when compared to the mockup?

PAX Prime 2022 Checklist:[ ]Hotel [ ]Time Off [ ]Bobcats [ ]Challenge Coin [ ]Forum Badge
    eIMwu3s.png
  • DevereauxDevereaux Registered User regular
    A couple more days till Pax! I'm so excited! Have a great time all! :D

Check out my lanyard and let's trade ;)https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Devereaux
  • SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    Welcome to the club Mr. Khoo, I'm sure you will enjoy it here.
    YB9ZHGrh.jpg

Thank you @Nfan10039 @RILMS and everyone else who helped. I am glad this was left in good hands.

IhtGIyi.png
  • VolkatVolkat SANVERS WARRIOR T-town, WARegistered User regular
    My coins got delivered yesterday and they're amazing! The colored one turned out real nice, too. Great tribute! Thanks, again, to those who made this year's coin possible!

SOON.
  • DashDDashD Dread Pirate Chef Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    My coins arrived yesterday, they look fantastic!

"Brilliant! Oh wait, if we were meant to fly, we would have been born with little bags of nuts."
    PAX_Badge_Sig.png
    How long would people like to keep the order form open? Two weeks after PAX?

OtyHMcu.jpg
    I have given coloir coins to Katie Rice, Robert Khoo, Scott Kurtz, Patrick Rothfuss, Mike Krahulik, and Christopher Perkins. They all thought the coin looked awesome :)

Someone had already given Jerry a regular one...

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • jukkakhanjukkakhan Registered User regular
    Here's Khoo's response to the coin if you missed it this weekend:

PimDtoK.png
    I did miss it! Thanks for posting :D

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • RemoTheTurkRemoTheTurk Registered User new member
    edited September 2016
    Bit of a question here.
    Is there any deadline/cut-off-date on ordering the coins? And would one be able to order previous PAX years events coins?

I ask because this was recently brought to my attention by a fellow PAXer and Fourm User this year (after having attended a few other PAXs in the passing years), and would love to purchase this year's as well as the previous Years that I have attended. I am aware that there are other threads/order forms for the previous events -- was just curious on that as well.

Thanks!

RemoTheTurk on
    This years you are still able to purchase, we will be doing second run orders for this week and next.

Older PAX are less likely. You may be able to connect with someone who can sell you a coin they have.

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, we tend to stop production after the PAX in question.
    I have some spare 2015 and 2016 East coins.
    And our old supplier has a couple coins left from East 2012, 2014, and South 2015. ( at $15-25 each)

• S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    glad there is a second run was having issues with my paypal after switching banks

hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • HeadhunterHeadhunter Registered User regular
    RILMS wrote: »
    How long would people like to keep the order form open? Two weeks after PAX?

Almost forgot, just ordered some!
    This years you are still able to purchase, we will be doing second run orders for this week and next.

Older PAX are less likely. You may be able to connect with someone who can sell you a coin they have.

Awesome, just ordered some coins!

"Perception is reality." -unknown
  • S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    And our old supplier has a couple coins left from East 2012, 2014, and South 2015. ( at $15-25 each)

I still have an extra 2013 coin im thinking of listing on ebay.

hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
    113 regular and 129 colour coins have been sold!

So, we will for sure have a second run of coins :)

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • RemoTheTurkRemoTheTurk Registered User new member
    113 regular and 129 colour coins have been sold!

So, we will for sure have a second run of coins :)

Thanks for the informative heads up.
    Was able to order some coins for this year's. Now just gotta hunt for previous Prime years.

• Kaollasu78Kaollasu78 Portland, OrRegistered User regular
    Ordered 2 yesterday. Thank you for keeping it open!

919eoupaoo36.png
  • sqizRoxsqizRox Mountain Goat Central Valley, California, USARegistered User regular
    I have a colored coin. Anyone want to trade for a non-colored one?

any idea when the second run will ship? :D

hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • MetricalSkyMetricalSky Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    Dammit! Canada Post says my coin was delivered, but I very much don't have it. :(

ItrVoTt.png
    S2000Gan wrote: »
    any idea when the second run will ship? :D

The last day to order will be Monday. So, however long it will take to manufacture after that :)
    Dammit! Canada Post says my coin was delivered, but I very much don't have it. :(

Boo.... :(

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • brettness37brettness37 Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I can see what I have in my coin pile if people need older ones from Prime.

EDIT:

I have spares from 2011, 12, 13, 15 and an Omin Dran from the AI ones if anyone wants to trade coins or pins for them.

brettness37 on
  • MetricalSkyMetricalSky Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    Boo.... :(
    Luckily there's a second run, so I ordered a new coin (in colour this time). It's just annoying that the first one was misdelivered (and this is definitely Canada Post's fault - the shipping confirmation I received had the correct address).

I can see what I have in my coin pile if people need older ones from Prime.

EDIT:

I have spares from 2011, 12, 13, 15 and an Omin Dran from the AI ones if anyone wants to trade coins or pins for them.
    Oooh! I am interested in the 2012 coin. PM'd.

ItrVoTt.png
    113 Regular Coins (13 in second run) and 132 Colour Coins (32 in second run) have been ordered!!

Last day to order is Monday, Sept 19th. After that, I will close the order form and give Kiddercorp the green light for production.

OtyHMcu.jpg
    Orders are now closed!

OtyHMcu.jpg
    My order is in right? from like the 9th

hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
    4 regular and 1 colour? Yep! I see it :)

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • MarcOrtegoMarcOrtego Registered User new member
    Do we have any sort of estimate on when our 2nd run orders will be delivered?
    Thanks again for all of your work, Brian!

• mral777mral777 Sacramento, CARegistered User regular
    Man, just missed the deadline

anyone have 2 spare coins?

(kicking self)

MarcOrtego wrote: »
    Do we have any sort of estimate on when our 2nd run orders will be delivered?
    Thanks again for all of your work, Brian!

As of now, I do not. Production started today, so hopefully less than a month!
    mral777 wrote: »
    Man, just missed the deadline

anyone have 2 spare coins?

(kicking self)

Aww, that sucks. I hope you find some!

OtyHMcu.jpg
    edited October 2016
    PAX West Challenge Coin 2017 Stats

Total number of coins bought: 248
    Regular: 113
    Colour: 135

Total Spent: $1734.50

Most Regular Coins Bought: 6
    Most Colour Coins Bought: 10

Most Amount Spent: $73

On behalf of @Nfan10039 and myself, I would like to thank everyone for supporting this project. As always, it has been a lot of fun to do and it was great to meet a few of you at PAX.

I would also like to thank @akidderz and all of Kiddercorp for making the coins, @Robert Khoo for allowing us to use his likeness on the coin, and @KatieJRice and Mike Krahulik for allowing us to use their art.

So, once again, thank you everyone for everything!

RILMS on
    OtyHMcu.jpg
    Update from Kiddercorp

"I wanted to let you know that the 2nd batch of PAX West coins will be arriving here from the factory on Tuesday 10/18.

We will ship the orders out once they arrive. "

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    I received my coins!!! They looks awesome

ClannMorgan on