As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] MATH of the Machine (Use Spoiler Tags for Raid Discussion!)

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Is there a way to check my vaulted guns perks without being ingame in Destiny?

Sirialis on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »

DIM and tower ghost both could but not with Bungie's Servers still down.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »

Unfortunately not. The API is usually down for a while after these sorts of updates.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    And that was when I realized that while Siri is from the future, he is not from the future. :(

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Yea and add in that after the year change updates they are usually kinda borked for a while with the changes to item ID or such that Bungie makes.

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Gah, with all the hype on Crows Eye I wanted to see if mine was any good. I haven't played with Sidearms much in PVP recently, and I can't even recall what my roll was. I'm going to pretend it was Variks' way of apologizing for never giving me a Soulstealers.

• Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    Patched up and...waiting for servers. Bleh. Also, where do I get Crows Eye again? :P

3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    IDK, I'm kind of skeptical of how much of a difference the would really make in practice.

Like, some weapons are good when one hones their usage and adapts to their strengths, and some weapons are good because the barriers to maximize their performance are just low? I do not think that the latter has happened with the sidearm buff.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    i just applied to join the 100 group, if one of the group mods can approve me, i'd appreciate it!

League of Legends:Varega
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    I'm curious as to how they've achieved a faster firing class of Sidearm.

How much more pew-pew could you even fit inside a gun?

fireman-hose-nozzle-1.jpg

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    As seen on r/DTG:
    Everyone intending to do the raid on Friday, and everyone not:
    DrfT2Svh.png

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options

Maintenance extended 2 hrs

@Grifter
    That puts the maintenance ending an hour after raid time, which puts it at 2am for me... so I'm gonna have to bow out :(

• Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Part of me really wants to believe that they would not rebalance things so that one single gun has a TTK a full 0.1 sec less than any other gun available.

The other part of me knows they would totally botch something like that.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Anyone Xbone side wanna organize a Friday afternoon/night raid on release? I only have afternoon off that day but would still like to hop in blind day one.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Bah, no Motorboat Kitten tonight, then.

New menu music is nice. It's way better than the Oryx stuff.

• Options
    rndmhero wrote: »
    Part of me really wants to believe that they would not rebalance things so that one single gun has a TTK a full 0.1 sec less than any other gun available.

The other part of me knows they would totally botch something like that.

Are you talking about sidearms? Remember they are competing with Snipers and shotguns that have a ttk of pulling the trigger in certain applications. Fusion rifles wait a bit, but also, with the right fusion, ohko.

They need a faster TTK in their specific range than Primary because otherwise theres no reason to switch to them.

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    @Forever Zefiro @Local H Jay Pretty sure I'm going to be running with NATburn at launch on raid day, which means at the very least my spot on Teamerino is going to need a fill in for Friday evening.
    We'll be driving home from vacation (8+ hours) Saturday, so a late night raid is a no go for me day one.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    @Forever Zefiro @Local H Jay Pretty sure I'm going to be running with NATburn at launch on raid day, which means at the very least my spot on Teamerino is going to need a fill in for Friday evening.
    We'll be driving home from vacation (8+ hours) Saturday, so a late night raid is a no go for me day one.

Good news/bad news. Booker successfully got his day off so AFAIK NATBurn is full for Friday. But that means your spot in Teamarino doesn't need a replacement.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    Bah, no Motorboat Kitten tonight, then.

New menu music is nice. It's way better than the Oryx stuff.

We'll have to do that no HUD Crota run Sunday.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    No Motorboat Kitten today?!

*#$!&@!! Ultimate Sadness... :(

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »

Good news/bad news. Booker successfully got his day off so AFAIK NATBurn is full for Friday. But that means your spot in Teamarino doesn't need a replacement.

Booker, you're fired...err hired? Whatever...go back to work!

• Options

@Grifter
    That puts the maintenance ending an hour after raid time, which puts it at 2am for me... so I'm gonna have to bow out :(

Grifter doubted my powers of pessimistic precognition but now you see!

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    An extension of 2 hours to the maintenance... It places the end of maintenance at 3AM for me. :confused: should I sleep on time... Or stay up longer.

New background for brobox, spoilered for huge.
    06PyciG.jpg

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Anyone Xbone side wanna organize a Friday afternoon/night raid on release? I only have afternoon off that day but would still like to hop in blind day one.

Jay! Huzzah!
    Like Custom Special mentioned, some folks from Teamarino will be trying to put 1 (or hell, maybe 2 if it needs to go down like that) groups together for Day 1/Blind Raid shenanigans. Me and my usual bros (Scalpahawk, Drakhar) are going to be taking the day off to try and get a run in as soon as the doors open. But that's still a tentative plan until we have a full fire team. Custom Special has a spot in our hearts, but there is more spots open.

This also goes for I suppose any general XB1 Guardians interested in a Day 1 (probably bleed into Day 2+) blind raid. Long as folks are down with absolutely no spoilers until we get a run under the belt, we'd love to have anyone interested who doesn't have a group already lined up!

• Options
    BookerBooker Registered User regular
    The Greg giveth:
    Reduced spread angle penalty on Shotguns with the perk Full Auto, Invective was not affected

The Greg taketh away:
    Exotic Perk range bonus reduced by 75% (no longer guarantees maximum shotgun range)

I did not ask for this. But I am ready. To each and every guardian who ever complained about the Universal Remote: Git Gud, nerfs won't save you.
    vp1l9wrkfhct.gif

• Options

Jay! Huzzah!
    Like Custom Special mentioned, some folks from Teamarino will be trying to put 1 (or hell, maybe 2 if it needs to go down like that) groups together for Day 1/Blind Raid shenanigans. Me and my usual bros (Scalpahawk, Drakhar) are going to be taking the day off to try and get a run in as soon as the doors open. But that's still a tentative plan until we have a full fire team. Custom Special has a spot in our hearts, but there is more spots open.

This also goes for I suppose any general XB1 Guardians interested in a Day 1 (probably bleed into Day 2+) blind raid. Long as folks are down with absolutely no spoilers until we get a run under the belt, we'd love to have anyone interested who doesn't have a group already lined up!

Cool. I am down, still trying to see if I can get the whole day off but I am just gonna plan for an afternoon raid. Maybe put up a 100 group so we can start planning it out?

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Brogey wrote: »
    No Motorboat Kitten today?!

*#$!&@!! Ultimate Sadness... :(

Or another PAer could hop in if you need, I should be free tonight if you guys just need to fill a spot

Jay! Huzzah!

And yeah I have taken that whole week off and basically never have a group, so please put me down

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Does the100 even list the new Raid? Whatever! I'll create a faux-King's Fall raid or some such to at least get names and discussion going, alternates, etc. That way we can start building out groups, and if more than one gets fielded, then the more the merrier!

• Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod

@Grifter

Boooooo

Is everyone else in for an hour later than planned?

• Options
    Does the100 even list the new Raid? Whatever! I'll create a faux-King's Fall raid or some such to at least get names and discussion going, alternates, etc. That way we can start building out groups, and if more than one gets fielded, then the more the merrier!

It does over on PS4 side, can't imagine why xbox side would be any different. The folks who put that site together are pretty on top of things.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I'm still game. But y'all had me fooled with how PSN shows that folks are in Destiny, but apparently people are just enjoying the new theme song.

• Options
    @zombie gandhi @Hawkarino @weddellkw @PotatoNinja @Forever Zefiro @Local H Jay
    WE RIDE AT DAWN...or as close as we can get. We'd like to get a full blind clear with everyone if we can!

• Options
    I just put in my time off request with the note "Family in town" which isn't entirely untrue because y'all my bros

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    What are record books?

And all this meta talk is bringing back bad PvP memories. I didn't have any of the current meta gear :(
    Get the hawksaw now

Do not pass go

Do not collect 200 dollars

Hawksaw is love

Hawksaw is life

• Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    The 3% buff to the nirwen archetype has my ears perked. I love the Hawksaw but none of the sights feel right with me.

An excuse to bring my nirwens back out is pretty exciting.

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Xbox Raid peoples is there a day one Raid that I can get in? I think I'm an alt for Obi's? Let me know if there's a good option, everyone thinks I'm super cool at raiding and such, guaranteed*.

Guarantee is not an actual guarantee.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Everyone agrees I am uncool and terrible, join my raid instead

• Options
    edited September 2016

So that'd be me out for tonight. I do like how they appear to have just copy and pasted while changing the relevant numbers.

Edit: Oops, they also added "continued".

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Suck it

I have to be at work rn so you shou don't get to play anyway

JUSTICE IS SERVED

• Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    That's 11pm for me so I can still hack it. >,>

3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume