As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] MATH of the Machine (Use Spoiler Tags for Raid Discussion!)

• Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    TripleWRECK posted a short video about ghost bullets:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ24eDTg_s4&feature=youtu.be

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular

So that'd be me out for tonight. I do like how they appear to have just copy and pasted while changing the relevant numbers.

Edit: Oops, they also added "continued".

Yeah, don't know how likely our Raid of Champions is going to happen tonight. I'm game, but Bungie gonna Bungie. :biggrin:

Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
  • Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    Erevar wrote: »
    TripleWRECK posted a short video about ghost bullets:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ24eDTg_s4&feature=youtu.be

Yeesh. I was getting frustrated watching those lined up shots miss.

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod

So that'd be me out for tonight. I do like how they appear to have just copy and pasted while changing the relevant numbers.

Edit: Oops, they also added "continued".

Yeah, don't know how likely our Raid of Champions is going to happen tonight. I'm game, but Bungie gonna Bungie. :biggrin:

Looks like I was too optimistic about the updates being done on time. I'm going to call this night and put a new raid up for tomorrow.

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    I found these a little while ago and keep forgetting to post them...

If anyone would like them... iPhone and Android Iron Gjallarhorn wallpapers
    Sirialis wrote: »
    @Khraul Sounded like you were interested in a Grasp? There are many like it, but this is my Grasp of Malok, its not a perfect god roll unfortunately, still a serviceable workhorse though.

(snip)
    Red Dot-OES, Counterbalance, Handlaid Stock/Fitted Stock and Glass Half Full.

Short clip of how it handles, in the clip I'm usually correcting the drift and its not hard to notice the times I'm not correcting it.
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Sirialis/video/21347405

Disclaimer, I didnt even really like Grasp of Malok at first, its grown on me though.

Yeah, this is really the only current strike specific loot I want. It just looks like a mean weapon... sounds good too.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    The New Monarchy vendor sidearm is pretty solid from what I recall? Might be worth picking up for the update.

So there's a fella on reddit who puts together weapons stat reviews... the spoilered pic below is a shot of his spreadsheet on (now pre-2.4.0) sidearm stats.

As far as vendor sidearms go, the Conviction II is a really solid pick if you don't already have one. Great aim assist and good range, a little low on stability but with a very manageable recoil direction. I have a couple and I really enjoy them.
    3ajeekjrmfn2.png

I'm sure the stats will need to be updated post 2.4.0, but for now it gives you an idea of where they all stand in relation to each other.

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Third post in a row because I've been tied up all day...

Rift
    Added an overshield on player spawn to cut down on spawn-camping
    Extended runner damage resistance when picking up spark by a few seconds

I really like Rift and these changes makes me super SUPER happy. Being able to spawn camp that mode just breaks it completely.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    The New Monarchy vendor sidearm is pretty solid from what I recall? Might be worth picking up for the update.

So there's a fella on reddit who puts together weapons stat reviews... the spoilered pic below is a shot of his spreadsheet on (now pre-2.4.0) sidearm stats.

As far as vendor sidearms go, the Conviction II is a really solid pick if you don't already have one. Great aim assist and good range, a little low on stability but with a very manageable recoil direction. I have a couple and I really enjoy them.
    3ajeekjrmfn2.png

I'm sure the stats will need to be updated post 2.4.0, but for now it gives you an idea of where they all stand in relation to each other.

This is a pretty cool list, def should check how my Havoc Pigeon does post-update. I find it hilarious that the only exotic sidearm is a piece of shit.

• Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    I see they buffed the Lyudmila with a faster fire rate.

@Booker It's gonna be great.

Also they made ToM remove your Blessing of Light? Hope that doesn't break it in the raid where that is the prevailing strategy.

Lastly, @Forever Zefiro I heard that there's a raid going on tomorrow for @Peen and I'd like to join, maybe we can get the Flawless Raider achievement? Or a Crota run. I don't want to do it alone.

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    I see they buffed the Lyudmila with a faster fire rate.

@Booker It's gonna be great.

Also they made ToM remove your Blessing of Light? Hope that doesn't break it in the raid where that is the prevailing strategy.

Lastly, @Forever Zefiro I heard that there's a raid going on tomorrow for @Peen and I'd like to join, maybe we can get the Flawless Raider achievement? Or a Crota run. I don't want to do it alone.

Increasing RoF typically means lowering Impact. Are they changing the archetype of the Lyudmila? Guess we'll find out Soon™

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    Khraul wrote: »

3ajeekjrmfn2.png

This is a pretty cool list, def should check how my Havoc Pigeon does post-update. I find it hilarious that the only exotic sidearm is a piece of shit.

Vestian Dynasty is still my go to Sidearm in light disabled playlists. It's a monster.

Plus I think it's funny to murder rando's with a Y1 sidearm.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    @Forever Zefiro @Local H Jay looks like if one (or both) of our other regulars can't make zero hour we'll get a full fireteam with you guys!
    RAID HYPE ENGAGE

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    Queen's Choice is basically Y2 Vestian from what others have told me. I don't know because I scrapped the one I got immediately when I saw the crap perks.

• Options
    Queen's Choice is basically Y2 Vestian from what others have told me. I don't know because I scrapped the one I got immediately when I saw the crap perks.

Less AA and stability but otherwise Queens is identical. Also it looks great with yelbow Chroma :D

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Wait, the record book for mot is across all classes, and I didn't have to just use my Titan?

No, no I'm fine.

*twitch*

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    @ElementWrath we're raiding at 11, heck yeah you should come. I'm game to do VoG and Crota if everyone else is.

Peen on
  • Options
    Servers are up.

Every single item with XP in it had the "+" upgrade icon for me. O_o

Gunsmith sells Armor materials now. =)

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
  • Options
    Servers are up.

For the longest time I was dry in armor mats, of course now I have 300+ but it's good to know I can burn them without a worry now

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Servers are up.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

In more coherent news:

• Options
    Oryx Challenge is still active.

API servers are still down (i.e. DIM, Tower Ghost, Ishtar Commander, Bungie's Gear Manager won't work) - I forgot how much it sucks trying to manage inventory in-game. <_<

KkrouBB.png
    Bogaerts wrote:
  • Options
    Any one else have an issue where the Destiny app starts to download...stuff? and it just never stops or finishes?

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    API servers are still down (i.e. DIM, Tower Ghost, Ishtar Commander, Bungie's Gear Manager won't work) - I forgot how much it sucks trying to manage inventory in-game. <_<
    I thought that might happen, so I moved everything over for MK last night. Too bad the servers took so long! :(

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    have stat distributions changed for int/disc/str?

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I think my stats got nerfed. Bye-bye Tier 12 Titan armor.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular

https://www.the100.io/game/750452

Hit it up. If you join and everyone shows tomorrow, and everyone better show, that'll make 5.

Just one more for VoG, XB1, 11PM EST tomorrow 9/9

This is where the Vex live, getchyou some, catch a raaaaaaaiiidd

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Did they seriously nerf existing T12 builds? If so, totally lame

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Did they seriously nerf existing T12 builds? If so, totally lame
    I think they nerfed them, I think they just adjusted the stat/light distribution so that not everyone hits like t13 without even trying.

I imagine that at 400 t12 will be possible once again.

• Options
    I understand why they did it, but what a totally inelegant solution. Hopefully all T12 gear that's infusible will carry over.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    I expect that it will carry over.

But I don't think there are any other options that make sense - the only alternative I can think of is setting a hard ceiling on year 2 stuff and having different curves for year 3 stuff but that seems inefficient and confusing. Or changing the numbers you need for the tiers, but that has the same effect as the one they chose and seems a little more confuse.

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    It's not much of a nerf. I lost ~12 points worth. It'll be easy to make that back in a few levels.

I got some 339 peregrine greaves though!

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Guess I'm coming back to play tomorrow. I should probably put something up for vault HM since I would really like to get a NttE

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    Arteen wrote: »
    It's not much of a nerf. I lost ~12 points worth. It'll be easy to make that back in a few levels.

I got some 339 peregrine greaves though!
    Ooooh shit son

I knew it.

• Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Apparently Reddit is reporting people decrypting new exotics from engrams, as well as confirming >335 exotics.

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    I put something up for hm vault tomorrow night on the 100. Technically I only need Atheon dead for the exotic quest but if anyone has a checkpoint and would be willing to help I'd be super super grateful :D

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    rndmhero wrote: »
    Apparently Reddit is reporting people decrypting new exotics from engrams, as well as confirming >335 exotics.

People are getting the new sidewarm exotic, The Tresspasser. It is a burst fire sidearm, that fires a doubleburst (called a "superburst") very fast when reloading after a kill. Say its super fun to use in tge Crucible, and looks super sweet. HYYYYYYYYYYYYPE

Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    What's up with the ridiculous new "film grain?" Honestly giving me a headache.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    Hmmmm, I'm having trouble filling out the last couple of my bubbles on my classes. Bounties don't seem to give that much xp any more, or is this a new bug?

• Options
    jjae2123jjae2123 Registered User regular
    Any one else have an issue where the Destiny app starts to download...stuff? and it just never stops or finishes?

It does that to me all the time

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    rndmhero wrote: »

People are getting the new sidewarm exotic, The Tresspasser. It is a burst fire sidearm, that fires a doubleburst (called a "superburst") very fast when reloading after a kill. Say its super fun to use in tge Crucible, and looks super sweet. HYYYYYYYYYYYYPE
    Tell me about this new "sidewarm" weapon type

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    First jaunt with Crow's Eye, 19 kills in a rift game - verdict pretty damn sweet

Just watched some clips of the new trespasser sidearm

That thing looks ridiculously powerful

Wassermelone on