As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Stellar Domains

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited September 2016 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Stellar Domains

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• The MantizThe Mantiz BONK! DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Star Realms is the best. At least the core sets.
    I found almost all of the small expansions to be pretty lackluster. And pretty expensive compared to the core boxes.

3DS - 2878-9572-9277
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    VnYzkIt.jpg

Commander Zoom on
  • poipoigirlpoipoigirl Registered User regular
    I found out they exist lol

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Not a bad choice, there. Star Realms is a great game, and even buying all of it will run you about the cost of a console game.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • rembrandtqeinsteinrembrandtqeinstein Registered User regular
    I might be branded a heretic in saying this but imo digital card games are so much better than their paper counterparts. The act of physically shuffling a deck is satisfying but it just gets in the way of the gameplay experience. You can really see this in deckbuilding style games like star realms where you shuffle frequently.

The digital version of star realms is well worth the retail price.

And the limitations of physical cards really closes off the design space compared to what is possible in the digital world.

The only time physical cards are superior is when your game system has a lot of implied turn passing and reaction/interrupt actions like in MTG. In the digital world that gets super awkward.

That said nothing gives quite the feel of a "game space" as having piles of cards everywhere.

• ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    I would have sworn Star Realms was a real-time 4x game where you could eventually build custom ships the size of god damned solar systems.

What game was that?

• TheOtherHorsemanTheOtherHorseman Registered User regular
    You are thinking of Star Ruler. An equal number of stars, I think, but much lighter on the realm to star ratio

• TransluciaTranslucia Registered User regular
    Jesus walks

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    good song

PNk1Ml4.png
  • rdeforestrdeforest Registered User new member
    My hat is off to Jerry for what I assume to be intentional ambiguity in the following:
    Come, be as I am: you can grab a free digital version for any platform you can think of that will tell you everything you need to know.
    (Emphasis mine, obvs.) Since the game is not (yet?) available for Linux desktops, I have to interpret the above to mean "The Linux desktop is one of those platforms which withholds some things you need to know, unlike Windows or Mac OS X."

Now I'm looking at my Windows machine, wondering whether everything it has told me is in fact everything I need to know, or if I should listen to it longer so it can finish telling me what my Linux machines won't?

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    rdeforest wrote: »
    My hat is off to Jerry for what I assume to be intentional ambiguity in the following:
    Come, be as I am: you can grab a free digital version for any platform you can think of that will tell you everything you need to know.
    (Emphasis mine, obvs.) Since the game is not (yet?) available for Linux desktops, I have to interpret the above to mean "The Linux desktop is one of those platforms which withholds some things you need to know, unlike Windows or Mac OS X."

Now I'm looking at my Windows machine, wondering whether everything it has told me is in fact everything I need to know, or if I should listen to it longer so it can finish telling me what my Linux machines won't?

You stretched... real hard for this one.

• XetelianXetelian Registered User new member
    Cthulu Realms is pretty awesome, same game but a different theme, its like 5$ on Steam

I bought the digital version of Star Realms with a buddy of mine ages ago and we still play it every now and then, really is a good deck builder