As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[TV]Thread: Life Advice: Listen to AJ. He is the Light

• GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    AJ what about a Doctor Who Christmas special starring sentient snowmen?

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    more like doctor who gives a shit

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Doctor Who is very clearly very bad but it's been going on for so long that it would be very awkward to enlighten people regarding this fact so it is better to live and let live

Hobnail on
    Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    Literally an entire page of "I think I have a faint idea of what these guys are talking about?"

Hobnail wrote: »
    Doctor Who is very clearly very bad but it's been going on for so long that it would be very awkward to enlighten people regarding this fact so it is better to live and let live

Doctor Who is like being a football fan with a shitty home team.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I just saw an article that they're making a Friday the 13th video game that's multi-player 7 on 1 with 1 person obviously being Jason and the other 7 being camp counselors trying to survive.

Kane Hodder is doing the mocap!

• HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    I just saw an article that they're making a Friday the 13th video game that's multi-player 7 on 1 with 1 person obviously being Jason and the other 7 being camp counselors trying to survive.

Didn't someone already make that game without the Friday 13th license

PSN- AHermano
    Hermano wrote: »

I think this was that game, they just ended up hooking up with the Friday the 13th license mid progress.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

I don't know. Did Kane Hodder do the mocap work?

edited September 2016

I dunno, lots of streamers on twitch were playing a game where a big horror man chased other players around the woods and killed them, it sounds the same

I don't know who Kane Hodder is

Hermano on

PSN- AHermano
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Hey AJ

What about Warlock

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    Gustav wrote: »

I think this was that game, they just ended up hooking up with the Friday the 13th license mid progress.

Oh that makes sense

PSN- AHermano

I dunno, lots of streamers on twitch were playing a game where a big horror man chased other players around the woods and killed them, it sounds the same

Is Kane Hodder the wrestler?

No. He played Jason 4 times in Jason Takes Manhattan, Jason Goes to Hell, New Blood and Jason X.

• DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular

No. He played Jason 4 times in Jason Takes Manhattan, Jason Goes to Hell, New Blood and Jason X.

Truely movies to be proud of.

Dedwrekka wrote: »

Kane Hodder is an excellent jason

The fact that those movies aren't great doesn't have anything to do with him

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • 411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular

Dead By Daylight. Different game, but does have a Jason analogue in it.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
    Whoa whoa whoa... Those movies are all great.

it was a kickstarter for a slasher analogue that got the friday the 13th license. after which, they hired kane hodder.

and you better believe i donated enough to get a free digital copy when it hits ps4

6vjsgrerts6r.png

Dedwrekka wrote: »

three of those four jason movies rule super hard so

yeah, i'd agree

6vjsgrerts6r.png

edited September 2016
    Hey AJ

What about Warlock
    the only reason warlocks would even be on my list would be if i could remember anything from the god awful warlock horror movies

but i can't

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Takes Manhattan has a guy try to box Jason which is the dumbest thing anybody has tried to do in any movie ever. It's amazing.

"Ah, yes, a murder zombie. Fisticuffs shall surely save the day."

Hey AJ

What about Warlock
    the only reason warlocks would even be on my list would be if i could remember anything from the god awful warlock horror movies

but i can't

theres a really horrific demon birth scene in the second one

thats all I got

I was just curious

Takes Manhattan has a guy try to box Jason which is the dumbest thing anybody has tried to do in any movie ever. It's amazing.

"Ah, yes, a murder zombie. Fisticuffs shall surely save the day."

there's a reason it's one of my favorite movies, period.

that's part of it.

6vjsgrerts6r.png

Shit, I need to buy a blu ray boxset of the Jason movies.

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    I've been watching the third season of Blacklist now that it is up on Netflix. And I gotta say, I'm really disliking Ressler, who is thus far Mr. I Will Not Waver From My Convictions Even If It Means Everyone I Care About Dies.

Ressler's role is to either chase a suspect early in the episode and have them get away or kill a suspect with vital information on where the bomb/kidnap victim/macguffin is, and whenever they try to make him do anything else he's even more terribler.

Hey AJ

What about Warlock

but i can't

theres a really horrific demon birth scene in the second one

thats all I got

I was just curious

they're kind of lumped in with the prophecy movies for me.

i know i've seen them all. but if you pressed me, i couldn't tell you anything that happened. so i'm just assuming they're terrible if they can't stick with me.

6vjsgrerts6r.png

I got to draw a Halloween show poster as a Friday the 13thesque VHS cover. I was stoked

It also had a fat wiener dog.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Jason Takes Manhattan is very frustrating as Jason spends far too little of the runtime actually taking Manhattan and a large portion of that is spent as a little child being drowned in a tidal wave of liquid human shit

Hobnail on
    Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    Shit, I need to buy a blu ray boxset of the Jason movies.

just be sure to keep a dvd of jason goes to hell - it's the only way to get the unrated version on home video right now

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular

You are probably thinking of Dead by Daylight, which is pretty good game.

This is the Friday the 13th game

https://youtu.be/Kyx4okiitAA

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I have enjoyed Doctor Who my entire life.

The actress who played Leela (One of the 4th Doctor's companions) patted me on the head at a convention when I was a toddler.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

Was the Friday the 13th series any good? I feel like I watched it but I'm drawing a complete blank.

Was the Friday the 13th series any good? I feel like I watched it but I'm drawing a complete blank.

y... yes?

Its a classic horror franchise

its got the guy in the hockey mask?

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

y... yes?

Its a classic horror franchise

He's referring to this: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092357/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

...oh ok

yes

that makes sense

it was really good and totes a cheesy eighties horror anthology show.

lots of ridiculous murder.

6vjsgrerts6r.png

Yeah, Chincymcchilla! The TV show! Gosh!

I have enjoyed Doctor Who my entire life.

The actress who played Leela (One of the 4th Doctor's companions) patted me on the head at a convention when I was a toddler.

Dude Leela rules. Sarah Jane, Romana, and Jamie plus Zoe are my top tier companions

aGPmIBD.jpg
This discussion has been closed.