As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

HITMAN 2 is probably still the best hitman but HITMAN Ill has some cool things going on

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    The retail version is set to release January 31st
    The edition comprises all locations, missions, challenges and contracts of the first season of Hitman, which premiered back in March. Additionally, three bonus missions, including a brand-new one titled "Landslide" will be included. The PlayStation 4 version will pack in an extra six missions exclusive to that platform.

The disc also includes a Making of Hitman documentary, original soundtrack and the "Requiem Blood Money Pack," a series of in-game items and costumes. That pack will be available to purchase after Jan. 31 for those who have bought Hitman online.

6F32U1X.png
  • NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Finally went and did the Bangkok level (after doing Marrakesh couple times to get used to controls again).
    Pretty nice place, but i have no idea how anyone would do a silent + suit run in there.
    Was a bit worried when i was told to play the drumms, but it went better than i expected :biggrin:

Nyysjan on
  • LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    found this interesting video on Absolution and why is wasn't a good game

https://youtu.be/nh5H_E7TDHg

edited September 2016

Episode 5 has four targets on a militia base

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Metal Gear 47

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    also, I was just replaying it, and man, Sapienza is possibly the best level I've ever seen in a video game. It's just the most fantastic thing.

Like, the other levels have been pretty good, but it's just next level stuff

I have been liking the hotel, tho. there was a lot of cool, fun things to get into.

I would love Sapienza so much more if I didn't have to destroy that goddamn virus every single time

The hits I have fun with every time, getting to the virus and destroying it is only fun once

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • pookapooka Registered User regular
    but did you knooooooow
    you can snipe the virus? or use the dongle, i guess.

lfchwLd.jpg
    pooka wrote: »
    but did you knooooooow
    you can snipe the virus? or use the dongle, i guess.
    You need to be a real good shot to do that, though, and the dongle takes time to acquire at the beginning of the level as well! Plus, if you miss it, you miss it for the whole level

The fastest way I found is to get behind the containment building and in one little tiny spot there's a stalactite that you can shoot that drops down and destroys the virus. No muss, no fuss, and no alerting anyone

But it still takes too damn long to get all the way behind there

signature-deffo.jpg
    pooka wrote: »
    but did you knooooooow
    that when it snows

my eyes become large

6F32U1X.png
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Wait

Are you telling me there's a way to destroy the virus beyond putting on a hazmat suit, going into the chamber, turning the temperature up, running for dear life when everyone notices you and then hopping into a plane?

Butler For Life #1 on
    Wait

Are you telling me there's a way to destroy the virus beyond putting on a hazmat suit, going into the chamber, turning the temperature up, running for dear life when everyone notices you and then hopping into a plane?

Only like, three

But yes

signature-deffo.jpg
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Next you'll tell me there's a way to kill Dahlia that doesn't involve climbing up a pipe, strangling her, and then hiding by hanging off a ledge in full view of everyone downstairs

Wait

Yes.

• LarsLars Registered User regular
    Apparently with the announcement of the disc release, IO is still claiming that previous Elusive Targets will not be made available again. Which is stupid.
    Wait

With a sniper rifle I believe you can just shoot the virus from far away and destroy it. With other guns you can shoot a stalactite directly above it to cause it to fall and destroy it (this is the method I usually use, using a silenced pistol from far away). The stalactites that can drop will glow when you use Instinct, but there is a specific one you need for dropping on the virus. I think there was also a way to trick the scientists into destroying the virus, but can't remember.

Also, if you go inside with a hazmat suit, you can use rat poison on the rats to make all the scientists freak out and think the virus is loose, so they'll evacuate and you can raise the temperature on the virus in peace. You can also fiddle with other stuff in the lab to scare the scientists away, but the rats seemed the easiest.
    Next you'll tell me there's a way to kill Dahlia that doesn't involve climbing up a pipe, strangling her, and then hiding by hanging off a ledge in full view of everyone downstairs
    You can actually kill Dahlia with the virus.

(Each successive spoiler will reveal more information)
    Though the method is really hidden, and no Challenge or Opportunity is about doing it.

One Opportunity does vaguely hint to it, though.
    Remember the Opportunity where you find intel that Sylvio is planning on creating a form of the virus that targets Dahlia just so he'll have a safe backup plan? And you're supposed to dress as a bodyguard and show her the evidence so that she confronts him?

Well, it turns out that Sylvio has actually already made that virus, and it's hidden somewhere inside the house (nothing seems to indicate where though, so you have to hunt for it). If you find the vial of it, you simply have to throw it at her (or any area that she will eventually walk through) and she'll die.
    You have to break open a giant globe to find the virus.
    The globe is in a room where you can climb through an access in the ceiling to reach the attic.

• KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    I think I have more fun watching the giant bomb crew play than playing myself. It's a great game and all, but I wouldn't be playing nearly as much if my girlfriend didn't get a kick out of watching me.

That said, the Sapienza and Bangkok maps are beauuuutiful.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    The name of this update is Freedom Fighters

Freedom_Fighters.jpg

(Make a new Freedom Fighters)

CYpGAPn.png
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Honestly it's kinda petty but if I can't do elusive's on my on time/repeat them I think I'm happy to wait for the episodes to go on sale.

That whole mechanics just kinda soured me on the game even though I really enjoy the main contracts.

Olivaw wrote: »
    Lalabox wrote: »
    also, I was just replaying it, and man, Sapienza is possibly the best level I've ever seen in a video game. It's just the most fantastic thing.

Like, the other levels have been pretty good, but it's just next level stuff

I have been liking the hotel, tho. there was a lot of cool, fun things to get into.

I would love Sapienza so much more if I didn't have to destroy that goddamn virus every single time

The hits I have fun with every time, getting to the virus and destroying it is only fun once

i suppose since I've got the "disguise into the lab" approach perfected I don't mind the extra burden? and it's a fun area to mess around in and to use to get some of the other targets

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    So I want to play this, but at this point it sounds like I should just wait for the retail version, especially since it has hella bonus stuff for the PS4

Anyone else notice how lot of the female staff (purple coats and hat) at club 27 use male voices when suspicious or alarmed?

Grey Ghost wrote: »
    So I want to play this, but at this point it sounds like I should just wait for the retail version, especially since it has hella bonus stuff for the PS4

I think there's definitely enough content that's been released so far to warrant getting it if it interests you. Like, there's more to come but there's a lot of good stuff.

That said, the only real benefit to getting it sooner would be getting some of the elusive contracts that'll come out before it's released, and being part of the ebb and flow of the release, where you get a whole lot of new stuff every month or so, rather than having a huge pile of it at once.

Also, I have a feeling that some of the extra missions will be "escalation missions", or something like the user created contracts which, while pretty fun, aren't a huge amount of extra content. But maybe I might be wrong, and those 6 missions are basically a substitute for having missed out on the elusive stuff. But I haven't been able to find much more information.

Yeah the PS4 exclusive stuff is more or less fluff

6F32U1X.png
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    I've only tried one escalation mission, in Paris. I think I must have missed something but

I kind of hated it? I had to kill this photographer in an accident. And the dude is right in front of you from the start. So the whole time it was just... Trying to see if he went anywhere near something that would satisfy the prompt?

And then he didn't. So I quit and did something else

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Some of the escalation missions kinda work if you treat them as speed runish style challenges.

Like the chef murder one in Sapienza is basically doing the same thing 6 times but slightly altering your path/set up each time to adjust for the new criteria and that can feel good if you know the level well enough to do that.

I agree they're not really great content.

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    I've only tried one escalation mission, in Paris. I think I must have missed something but

I kind of hated it? I had to kill this photographer in an accident. And the dude is right in front of you from the start. So the whole time it was just... Trying to see if he went anywhere near something that would satisfy the prompt?

And then he didn't. So I quit and did something else

Things 'accidentally' exploding count as accidents. So if no-one sees you shoot the fire extinguisher you dropped behind the guy, it exploding and killing someone is an accident.
    I think abruptly dropping dead of being injected with poison is seen as an accident too, so long as you're not spotted doing it.

There's always a way to do it, but they're never as scripted as main story targets.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    I didn't really doubt that there was a way to do it

Just didn't seem very fun? I dunno I'll try another sometime

some of them are great, but I admit I haven't really dipped into them so much

This storify thing is a great series of tweets about the game anyway, but it kinda highlights how the escalation missions can be pretty great.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Should I buy this or the new Deus Ex

I like both a bunch, but I would definitely say this

6F32U1X.png
  • KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »

If you already played Human Revolution, this. If not, then Deus Ex.

I would give Mankind Divided a hearty recommendation when it goes on sale

But when we're talking two full-price products here and now, Hitman for sure

I have actually really enjoyed following this game "live"

6F32U1X.png
    I feel like I kinda got a bit more out of this than Deus Ex.

Like, Deus Ex has some great stuff, but I felt a bit burnt out on it even before finishing it. I think I've got a save quite near to the end, and I'm really not tempted to go back to it yet. Especially since I finished all the sidequests, and have just got the end stretch of the kinda snoozy main quest left.

But I also had a hell of a lot of fun with it, and it fed into the same sort of great feeling of breaking into places where you really shouldn't be.

• -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I love the escalation missions. Having a smaller mission area and really perfecting a plan, then having wrinkles added that test or force alterations to your perfected plan. By the end of a level 5 escalation it feels like you know everything about that part of the level, where every item and interactible object is, where and when NPCs move, how the NPCs will react and every path through the area.

"The Kerner Disquiet" in Paris was a recent one I completed where by the end I had it down to a science, a science that involved hitting every NPC in the basement with a fire extinguisher with precision timing in a specific sequence.

-SPI- on
  • agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular

I'm loving Deus Ex right now after a rough start but you should get Hitman. They're both great games but Hitman will give you that Blood Money feeling and you'll get to take part in some of the elusive targets.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Alright I bought this

• LarsLars Registered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNG6Ex7a2EI

• -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    This is a pretty good Hitman game. They've put a lot of thought into the mechanics. I don't like it as much as Blood Money though. The challenges feel a little bit too much like box ticking, and the sprawling nature of the levels makes me feel less like experimenting.

Like in Sapienza, I might want to try a crazy assassination for one of the targets, but then I have to do the stupid cave bit too, which doesn't seem particularly varied or interesting. I think it would be better if the targets were in discrete missions that can be played through quickly.

Tube on
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    This is a pretty good Hitman game. They've put a lot of thought into the mechanics. I don't like it as much as Blood Money though. The challenges feel a little bit too much like box ticking, and the sprawling nature of the levels makes me feel less like experimenting.

Like in Sapienza, I might want to try a crazy assassination for one of the targets, but then I have to do the stupid cave bit too, which doesn't seem particularly varied or interesting.

Have you tried turning off the notifications for opportunities? I believe you can do that and it may make it a bit more fun to have to look around to find what to do instead of being led by a waypoint.

Yeah, I did that right away. I left a lot of the instinct stuff on though. They've made it more like an adventure game "here are all the clickable things" button which was a great choice.

Also the fashion shoot mission is a fucking downer. I'm glad I bought the whole thing because if I'd just bought that I'd think this game was a bad game.