As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Legend of [Phalla] - Game Over. The Village Wins.

• corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Well, that's a pretty solid day 2. I am pretty okay with that turn of events.

corvidae on
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    OOOOOooooooooOOOOOOO

You fools, I wasn't lying!

ooooooooooOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Booooo 38thdoe boooooo

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • PredaPreda Registered User regular
    Sorry, fallen asleep reading the thread...

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    corvidae wrote: »
    Well, that's a pretty solid day 2. I am pretty okay with that turn of events.

ooooooOOOoooOOOo

I'm not!

oooOooOooooOO

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    So what do we think the Old Man was - a seer?

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • CantideCantide Registered User regular
    Narration seems to imply he was a neutral.

Ah, well that's not so bad then.

• JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Is today a long day?

Is today a long day?

yes.

Due to popular request (2 to 1), we will have a long game day. Day 3 will end at 9pm CT on 9/11.

• CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Also a quiet day.

:o

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • premiumpremium Registered User regular
    The first page of the Legend of Phalla Premium Players Guide is now available!
    67jsd7og9iyn.png

Also seriously? No votes yet?
    I'll get things started with a gut vote on WACriminal

• CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Zombie Hero has my attention!

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    WACriminal it is, King premium.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

edited September 2016
    Borrowing Sir Fab's count from yesterday and adding to it ...

Day 1
    MrTLicious: Auralynx (21), MamaWolf (25), Grunt’s Ghosts (27), Corvidae (29) [4]
    Gizzy: Sir Fabulous (7), Brody (10), schuss (11) [3]
    ObiFett: Corvidae (1), discrider (5), Cythraul (20), 38thDoe (30) [3]
    Grunt’s Ghosts: Preda (8), ObiFett (12) [2]
    discrider: Locus (9), Cantide (16) [2]
    schuss: Phyphor (14), premium (19) [2]
    Corvidae: Raiden333 (4), Green (28) [2]
    Brody: Gizzy (2) [1]
    enlightenedbum: MrTLicious (3) [1]
    Locus: WACriminal (6) [1]
    Sir Fabulous: JPants (13) [1]
    Green: Burnage (17) [1]
    Phyphor: enlightenedbum (18) [1]
    Martoss: Zombie Hero (22) [1]
    Zombie Hero: Martoss (23) [1]
    JPants: JusticeforPluto (24) [1]
    38thDoe: JayKaos (26) [1]
    JusticeforPluto: 38thDoe (15) [0]

Did Not Vote: Matev, Dragon6860 [2]

Day 2
    Burnage: Gizzy (5), JayKaos (7), schuss (8), Dragon#s (15), Green (23) [5]
    Martoss: Burnage (3), 38thDoe (10), Sir Fabulous (20), Grunt's Ghosts (21), premium (26) [5]

38thDoe: Ebum (14), Matev (19) [2]
    Locus: Auralynx (16), WACriminal (18) [2]
    Cantide: Cythraul (17), Zombie Hero (25) [2]

Brody: Phyphor (1) [1]
    Phyphor: Brody (4) [1]
    Enlightenedbum: Corvidae (6) [1]
    Cythraul: Martoss (9), Cantide (11) [1]
    JayKaos: Locus (12) [1]
    JPants: JusticeforPluto (13) [1]
    Sir Fabulous: Martoss (22) [1]
    Grunt's Ghosts: MamaWolf (24) [1]
    Schuss: Locus (2) [0]

Did Not Vote: JPants, Preda, Raiden333 [3]

Gizzy on
    Green - Looked for who was [28] on day 1, might have been trying for subtle deflect from MrT. Also on the Burnage wagon, wouldn't be surprised to find a mafia there. (Was also looking at Dragon#s for that same reason, but he didn't vote day 1 so not feeling as strong about it.)

edited September 2016
    Gizzy wrote: »
    Green - Looked for who was [28] on day 1, might have been trying for subtle deflect from MrT. Also on the Burnage wagon day 2, wouldn't be surprised to find a mafia there. (Was also looking at Dragon#s for that same reason, but he didn't vote day 1 so not feeling as strong about it.)

Meant to put that, but can't edit vote post.

Also noting I don't feel super strong about my vote because if Green was mafia he prob should have voted for me on Day 1, but maybe that would have looked too obvious. Could have been going for subtle plus I think there might have been confusion about what time vote close was with Disc and Burnage's after hours votes that day.

Gizzy on
  • LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    JayKaos

Voted for 38thDoe on Day 1, possibly to hedge against future accusations. More importantly to me, he was around near vote close on that day and chose to avoid the whole vote mess that ended up happening. That's what I would have done if I were a mafia. Jumped on the Burnage wagon early on Day 2. Pretty safe place to be, all things considered, if you wanted to avoid suspicion.

edited September 2016
    Cythraul wrote: »
    Also a quiet day.

since my hiatus, i've noticed quite the change in the metagame. all of the "regular" players got a lot quieter. It's really kind of sad, cause phalla is supposed to be a social game.

[edit] i understand that everyone wants to win, or at least make it close to the end and play as long as possible.....and posting/talking tends to attract attention.....but, it really becomes quite insular, and not fun. just some thoughts..... just ask yourself why you gravitated towards this game, and whether that attraction has changed.

[double edit]since i was gone for a while, i went back and re-read a lot of the old phallas i've played. i was a hot mess. i made mistakes.....but i made mistakes loudly and publicly. I got some flack from some ppl, and i got some pretty extra-personal comments from the "regulars"...and it's okay, i own all of it. but at the end of the day, i embraced the spirit of the game. I talked, I made noise, I did dumb things. But i enjoyed all of it at the time.

corvidae on
  • Ghostly ClockworkGhostly Clockwork Registered User regular
    Problem is, the instant you start talking, you're a target. Yes, I agree that it's a social game, but it's also a game about survival. And at this stage, there's just not a lot of pure raw data to go off of ya know?

FTC: honk.
    FTC: HONK.

HLRpxno.png
    PAX Prime 2014 Resistance Tournament Winner
    I always see rules made about talking (2 posts per day) but they never get enforced.

And yeah, talking makes you a target, much more than just posting your vote and flying under the radar.

If you're just another link who cares if people target you? Once you die green people can go back and reread everything you said with complete trust.

• Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Locus wrote: »
    JayKaos

Voted for 38thDoe on Day 1, possibly to hedge against future accusations. More importantly to me, he was around near vote close on that day and chose to avoid the whole vote mess that ended up happening. That's what I would have done if I were a mafia. Jumped on the Burnage wagon early on Day 2. Pretty safe place to be, all things considered, if you wanted to avoid suspicion.

After looking at the vote record for a few minutes, I was just about to suggest the same thing myself.

JayKaos

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I might not be around during vote close so I've got to drop a quick vote on JayKaos.

Maybe talking makes you a target for the mafia, but not talking is a good way to end up looking suspicious yourself if you do manage to survive to the end of the game
    Talking more is just better for the village.

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Have we discussed Cythraul's positioning on day 1?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    edited September 2016
    Re: Cythraul

Yeah I think so, and the conclusion was that he voted before MrT had any votes on him at all, so it doesn't actually look like he was trying to save him or anything.

Gizzy on
    Cythraul's day 1 vote would look suspect if I was mafia. But I'm not. But you don't know that, so I'm am just suspicious as he is.

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Yeah, but he did tie Gizzy and Obi.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    edited September 2016
    That is true .. but I'm less suspicious of ties when it's 3 to 3 at 1PM. Plenty of time to undo a tie.

I'm not arguing for you to change your vote or saying it's a bad vote though, just putting my thoughts on it out there.

Gizzy on
  • CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I would talk more, but

a) I'm really terrible at analyzing vote records and posting behaviors, so I often just wait for someone else to come up with a target that sounds good. It doesn't help that occasionally people are quite harsh about shooting down theories they don't agree with.

b) I don't know many of the CF people or the various Phalla forum history that's built up over the years, so a lot of the casual conversation goes right over my head.

I do much better in PMs, where I don't feel like I'm wading through a decade of entrenched Phalla knowledge.

Cantide on
    edited September 2016
    I'm also terrible at part a.
    And also paranoid that people are going to believe me when I'm wrong and I feel guilty for leading the village in the wrong direction. And equally paranoid that no one believes me when I'm right. And sometimes I read harshness into responses when harshness is unintended. So I get it.

Gizzy on
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    I will go with premium and vote for WAcriminal. My vote may change if I see other arguments for something better

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • schussschuss Registered User regular
    corvidae wrote: »
    Cythraul wrote: »
    Also a quiet day.

since my hiatus, i've noticed quite the change in the metagame. all of the "regular" players got a lot quieter. It's really kind of sad, cause phalla is supposed to be a social game.

[edit] i understand that everyone wants to win, or at least make it close to the end and play as long as possible.....and posting/talking tends to attract attention.....but, it really becomes quite insular, and not fun. just some thoughts..... just ask yourself why you gravitated towards this game, and whether that attraction has changed.

[double edit]since i was gone for a while, i went back and re-read a lot of the old phallas i've played. i was a hot mess. i made mistakes.....but i made mistakes loudly and publicly. I got some flack from some ppl, and i got some pretty extra-personal comments from the "regulars"...and it's okay, i own all of it. but at the end of the day, i embraced the spirit of the game. I talked, I made noise, I did dumb things. But i enjoyed all of it at the time.

Yeah, this is what made me take a hiatus - I was the only one talking so I was picked off by the vote, viga or mafia

Will vote later, on phone

If you're just another link who cares if people target you? Once you die green people can go back and reread everything you said with complete trust.

Another Link? Is Link=Vanillager?

Yeah I usually get murdered either for not talking enough or for talking so much that people find it suspicious. So I'm never sure which way to go in that regard.

edited September 2016

Another Link? Is Link=Vanillager?

Yes

All PMs have been sent. If you didn't receive one, please let me know. The game begins.

Below is the sample villager role post, so there isn't any confusion when multiple people see that they are Link.

9pfukZZ.png?1
    You are Link!

Before today, you were just a kid looking to make it through each day. But, upon finding Impa surrounded by monsters, something inside of you pushed you to dive into action.

Now, it looks like it’s up to you to save Hyrule. Find the Triforce, defeat Ganon, and save Princess Zelda!

Health: 6HP

Attack Power: 1 AT (Wooden Sword)

Dungeon Items: None
    Player Action Items: None
    Access Items: None

Player Actions: Each night, you can choose to:
    • Explore a dungeon - Provide dungeon name and the Dungeon Item you’d like to bring with you
      OR
    • Attack another player - Provide the target and you will do HP damage equal to your current attack power
    Win Condition: Return Peace to Hyrule by defeating Ganon or removing all of his agents from action

Gizzy on
  • WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    Pretty busy this weekend.

JusticeforPluto evidently not be a Link, mate.

edited September 2016
    Well, I am and was just trying to play it cool.

Guess who didn't read the op to thoroughly?

I was so confused at Martoss' reveal!

JusticeforPluto on