As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - PATV - First 15 – Trials of the Blood Dragon

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited September 2016 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - PATV - First 15 – Trials of the Blood Dragon

Gabe and Tycho play a game for 15 minutes and then judge it accordingly. This week they play Trials of the Blood Dragon.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    So does it get any better?

And do the racing segments ever get to be anything other than "hold down a button". It seems rather simplistic in terms of gameplay.

• Options
    GDT1985GDT1985 Registered User regular
    Have you not played a Trials game before? They get insanely hard. And are basically motorcycle puzzle games. I don't know about this particular example, as I have not played it, and it seems like it was made to have fun with the ridiculous premise.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    GDT1985 wrote: »
    Have you not played a Trials game before? They get insanely hard. And are basically motorcycle puzzle games. I don't know about this particular example, as I have not played it, and it seems like it was made to have fun with the ridiculous premise.

No, I have not. Nor have I ever really heard of them. Turns out spending 345 hours on xcom EU/EW (the last 145 or so just on Long War) means I don't get out much...

Edit: After doing some googling, this helped explain a bit how it changes later:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewcE6zOMSKA

dennis on
  • Options
    doompookydoompooky Wild (Let's Draw A) Horses Couldn't Drag Me AwayRegistered User regular
    dennis wrote: »
    GDT1985 wrote: »

No, I have not. Nor have I ever really heard of them. Turns out spending 345 hours on xcom EU/EW (the last 145 or so just on Long War) means I don't get out much...

Edit: After doing some googling, this helped explain a bit how it changes later:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewcE6zOMSKA

Man oh man, if that video isn't representative of my experience with the series.
    Feather the throttle...feather it... feeeeather. Work the stiiiiick. Scream.

we7ek91hy97o.png
  • Options
    doompooky wrote: »
    Man oh man, if that video isn't representative of my experience with the series.
    Feather the throttle...feather it... feeeeather. Work the stiiiiick. Scream.

Don't worry, I watched a few more of earlier games. I think the video is still representative in that you're not just driving but driving "strategically". If that makes sense.