As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Camp Comic] Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - Jordan Mello Guest Comic

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited September 2016 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - Jordan Mello Guest Comic

Jordan Mello Guest Comic

Jordan Mello Guest Comic

http://campcomic.com/comic/352

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    Blackie62Blackie62 Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Why even take the short kids shoes? They aren't going to fit and that eventually he's going to build up the gumption to come at them with revenge in the form of a heavy stick to get his shoes back.

Blackie62 on
  • Options
    GDT1985GDT1985 Registered User regular
    @BLACKIE62 Why do bullies do anything? And as for revenge, generally it doesn't happen that way; targets of bullying usually don't fight back.

But that takes away from the comic and the realization not everyone you meet is a jerk.

• Options
    xUsakoxUsako Registered User regular
    The bullies in the canon comic never seemed that malicious to me as they were portrayed in this fancomic, so I'm not sure how much this fits in with the rest of the series.
    That being said, it's still an incredibly nice addition to the guest appearances. Very nice artwork and a heartwarming short story <3

• Options
    kram1032kram1032 Registered User regular
    Don't get me wrong, I really like the "normal" camp comic but...
    Can we have more of this please?

• Options
    TrueLinkTrueLink Registered User regular
    @BLACKIE62 They take the shoes to bring him down to their level. Most anybody who has been to Camp Weedonwantcha for an extended period of time is without shoes due to them wearing out, growing out of them, or having them taken by a certain deep woods wanderer. But shoes are an advantage new kids have. So, if the bullies take the new kids' shoes, then they can remove any advantage to ensure the bullies maintain a status of dominance over others.

• Options
    Christian LeBlancChristian LeBlanc Registered User regular
    :')

• Options
    Mr FishMr Fish Registered User regular
    Strange, at the bottom right of the comic it says this was made in 2015? Was it that it was just never submitted until recently? Anyways, It's a shame that we're only just now seeing this beautiful comic. Thank you Jordan for making a nice long comic to start us camp comic readers off this morning!

• Options
    Peter RoganPeter Rogan Registered User regular
    Sweet. A common camp story of finding commonality in being picked on. Made piquant by the everpresent underlying despair of Camp Weedonwantcha. But I can't find the cat.

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Very sweet, but I prefer the darker crueler probably insane camp comic

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    briguybriguy Registered User regular
    Mr Fish wrote: »
    Strange, at the bottom right of the comic it says this was made in 2015? Was it that it was just never submitted until recently? Anyways, It's a shame that we're only just now seeing this beautiful comic. Thank you Jordan for making a nice long comic to start us camp comic readers off this morning!

These were made and released to the Kickstarter backers as one of the bonuses.

• Options
    Mr FishMr Fish Registered User regular
    @BriGuy

oooooh ok! thanks for clearing that up.

• Options
    JachraJachra Registered User regular
    I like this a lot. It's so earnest and real.

"We do not allow wizards to cast spells in our game, for that is the most unbalanced rule of all."
  • Options
    Hawk1966Hawk1966 Leiche Central FloridaRegistered User regular
    Some of the illustrations remind me of covers and rare internal illustrations from late 60's and early 70's kids books from the library (yes, I'm that old). But, my apologies, as interesting as the art is this just feels nothing like Camp Wedonwantcha. Sorry, it just doesn't. . . fit. But that's just one person's opinion.

• Options
    Laika ClementineLaika Clementine Registered User regular
    Awwwwww. Being bullied is never fun. I was made fun of a lot for stimming constantly and being passionate about my interests.

• Options
    Pastels_ParadoxPastels_Paradox Registered User regular
    Adorable!! Reminds me of a girl I used to know in fifth-seventh grade- she was more social, but we both were outcasts, in certain ways.
    Now I'd rather not have much to do with her (For reasons I'd rather not disclose), but they're still nice memories.