As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pinny Arcade collecting, your OG pin.

2»

• thefawnnthefawnn Draws pictures and loves Gabe seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Pretty sure my first pins were the Prime '13 set, but I promptly traded them away at Staff Trading :)

• D0rkAnglD0rkAngl Lynnwood, WARegistered User regular
    My first pins were an east '13 set that a friend mailed to me. I bought a prime '13 set (or maybe two?) and promptly traded the lot away at staff trading.

I still kick myself for trading away the east '13 set.

• squarexbearsquarexbear Registered User regular
    My first pin ever was an Elspeth that my gf at the time bought for my bday. I didn't even know about Pinny Arcade until then. Then my first PAX (Prime 2k14), I went ham and bought and traded hella pins.

• nohomeJeromenohomeJerome Emerald City, WA Registered User regular
    The shield from Prime '14. Best $15 I've ever spent on a pin.

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    East 13, Core 1.0 and Merch 1.0... promptly traded away 3/4 of the East 13 set and a flesh reaper for 2x each of the CTS/Zombie Tycho... then I learned the set was sold out :(

So the only OG pin I know I still have from my original purchase is the East 2013 logo. One of the core Gabe/Tychos might still be there but I forget if I just reclaimed them later.

TheAggroCraig on
  • PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    A 2014 Merch and now the Thornwatch pin.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    I didn't start really collecting till much later, but I bought a couple of Carl when they went on sale.

• ScoreballScoreball Registered User new member
    I only had eyes for the Legion pin from Blizzard at PAX West '16. Got it, checked it off my list of things to do at PAX, and thought I was done.

For sure. Really. I didn't need any more.

I went home with some pretty significant weight around my neck. Core set, Transistor, two from Bethesda, Imploding Kittens, a few from the merch booths... I think I've got a problem now.

• CutrissCutriss El Bastardo Registered User regular
    Asphoron wrote: »
    My first was the Hearthstone Cards. Won it as a prize at a local HS tournament.

My wife's the pin collector (sorta). Her first was the D&D 40th anniversary pin. They were giving it out for joining playtesting sessions at PAX East 2014 and that was her first pin. Since I also got one at the same session, we had two.

An enforcer later spotted it while doing pin trading and pointed out "Wow, this isn't technically released yet!" because I guess he knew and we didn't that it was going to be given out at AcqInc. He traded her the Hearthstone Cards for it.

She doesn't play Hearthstone or any Blizzard games really but wants to keep that pin since it's her first (and only) trade.

cMjZGw1.png
  • TheGameGuruTheGameGuru Registered User regular
    I started collecting pins when one of the guys in my East 2014 roomshare was talking about them. Not sure exactly what I got first - likely a free pin, either Anubis or Project Spark. Traded one of them for a Cardboard Tube Samurai on the expo floor with Gavin and was hooked. Got the show set/shield the next morning and set out to hunt for more!

• Capt WasabiCapt Wasabi AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Got the Merch pin as part of my Xmas gift from my wife in 2012. First pin possible :)

• The Mighty AntThe Mighty Ant Registered User regular
    The tots from the '13 Prime Core set...that transformation in "A Trick of Retrospective" sum up how gaming (& PAX) makes me feel...the childlike giddiness & joyful wonder that exist when one is transported to a new world, a new adventure, a new perspective.

1Ev79LH.png

https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/themightyant
    “We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    So, the Thornwatch game can include a pin. I sort of want to grab it as my first pin since I've not done so yet. Said pin is $50 beyond the cost of the game. Is that.... a normal price for these pins?

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • aleph0aleph0 Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    So, the Thornwatch game can include a pin. I sort of want to grab it as my first pin since I've not done so yet. Said pin is $50 beyond the cost of the game. Is that.... a normal price for these pins?

In terms of Pinny Arcade pins in general, no, that is is not a typical price. Show sets at PAX go for $30 for a set of 4 pins, and pins that are sold individually usually go for $10-$15 per pin. Pins that come as part of a Kickstarter reward are typically charged at a premium. For example, the DLC pin from the podcast Kickstarter cost $50 beyond the previous level, as did one of the pins from the Automata Kickstarter.

• NopeNope Frankfort, KYRegistered User regular
    Which Pinny Arcade pin was your first pin? When and where did you get it? How did you acquire it?

Mine was Brian's head. I got it at West '14. Brian gave it to me.

DLC pin ala Kickstarter :)

• Wraith90Wraith90 Saskatoon, SkRegistered User regular
    Looking through old Pax Haul photos it looks like mine were three Elspeth from Prime 2013, now I just need to find them.....

• PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    I already posted mine, but I'm going to post my sons.

Hanna, given to me by Mike Fehlauer. He said that the Eyrewood is all about family, so it was fitting.

I'm not crying, you're crying.